Chapter 7

Love Again

 

 

Crews are seen running around Yeouido Park, keeping the filming site ready for Hwiyoung and So Hyun. Today is the third shoot for their drama. As predicted, news of So Hyun dating Rowoon, the other son of Samsung, made the whole country excited. A lot of netizens actually theorized that the plot of the upcoming drama came directly from the true story of Rowoon and So Hyun. Two lovers that were once bestfriends, broke up and lived a separate life before getting back together again. Of course So Hyun worried that this will affect Rowoon’s reputation, but somehow he does not seem to care at all. In fact, she noticed how Rowoon seemed to be so excited about this little plan of theirs. Where will this plot end though? They are not in a relationship. It’s only reasonable for them to eventually break up, right?


 

“Do you remember that time when we were kids? When life seem so easy?” Hwiyoung said his line with full confidence

 

“Dong Sik-ah what are you suddenly talking about?” So Hyun looked at Hwiyoung straight in the eyes. 

 

“When life seem to just take us everywhere and nothing else matters because you and I were always together” 

 

“But life was never easy” So Hyun bitterly looked around the park

 

“Listen…” Hwiyoung caught her hand and turned her to face him. He cupped her cheeks and stared deeply in her eyes. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you. No matter how difficult it may be” He leaned closely and crashed their lips together.

 

“AND CUT!” The director shouted. “We’ll film the kissing scene from different angles now” He said through his microphone. 

 

“Wow those two are amazing!” The writer exclaimed as she watched the two kiss in front of the different cameras surrounding them. “How can they act so well when So Hyun is dating Hwiyoung’s brother? Such professionals indeed” She smiled at the two

 

“This will be a hit writer-nim” The director smiled. 

 

___

 

The shoot ended at 4pm. Hwiyoung offered to drive So Hyun to their house. The actress was invited to his mother’s birthday celebration dinner. 

 

“I hope auntie will not get upset with me. I didn’t get her any present” So Hyun frowned

 

“Oh trust me, your presence is good enough. She adores you so much that it makes Rowoon hyung jealous sometimes” Hwiyoung said “Oh and honestly, you sort of getting back with Rowoon hyung, is like the best gift she could ever receive. You should have seen her face when hyung released his statement about your relationship” 

 

“Fake relationship” So Hyun muttered

 

“Right” Hwiyoung cleared his throat “You know, in all honesty though, you two are match made in heaven. I don’t even see the reason for your break up”

 

“At that time, it was the only way for us to stay friends” So Hyun closed her eyes as she remembered the day they broke up.

 

Rowoon never approved of her wanting to be an actress. Having all eyes on her meant that she will lack privacy, they will lack privacy. He doesn’t doubt So Hyun’s talent, but he hates the idea of her being exposed in the public. He’s seen it when his younger brother became a celebrity. For the sake of So Hyun’s passion though, he kept it all in and accepted her decision. After graduating University, he started as one of the directors of their company. He was busy trying to build his own career that he didn’t get to pay attention on So Hyun. The actress herself started to build a name for herself, apart from her twin brother and family’s company. 

 

Time. Time was their problem. The two were not able to spend time with each other, eventually forgetting anniversaries, special occasions, and promises. It was that one day when Rowoon failed to get a contract for the proposal he prepared for months and So Hyun was in a scandal with another actor. The two secretly met in one of the hotels owned by Lotte. They were eating dinner quietly, exhausted with how their careers are taking a toll in their life. The dinner was not awkward, but not comfortable either. It’s like the two have become strangers. The sweet talks were long gone and it seems that the two does not know how to comfort each other. It was after dinner when the two finally looked up and stared at each other. It was as if they knew their relationship had nowhere else to go. 

 

“But you guys are in much better place now. Hyung is the Vice President of Samsung, and you are one of our country’s favorite actress” Hwiyoung said

 

“Rowoon oppa is one of the best things in my life. I can’t afford to lose him. Not again” So Hyun honestly confessed “If being friends is the only way for him to stay in my life, then I’m more than happy”

 

“Do you still have feelings for my brother?” Hwiyoung, being the second most brutal tactless person she knows after Chani asked

 

“Hwiyoung-ah. I’ve always loved him. Maybe me being with Song Kang was a way for me to force myself to try to find love somewhere else” So Hyun bitterly said “But that didn’t end well. Look at where we are now. I don’t like where this is going though. I can’t bring him to our world” 

 

“What if he wants to come to our world?” 

 

“I won’t let him. I can’t lose my bestfriend. I don’t know where our lie will end, but that day we broke up and I thought I’d lose him in my life was one of the worst day I’ve ever gone through” 

 

“Maybe it won’t end that way anymore” Hwiyoung mumbled

 

“But why take the risk?” 

 

“I know I may be crossing the line and to be honest I don’t know what my brother was thinking when he announced your fake relationship, but if you have feelings for him, just tell him. He is your Rowoon after all” Hwiyoung said before driving inside their property. Upon parking on the side, he saw his brother step out of the house while waving at them. The look on his brother’s eyes are enough proof for him to know. With wide eyes he stared at So Hyun who was excitedly opening the door to run to his brother. The young celebrity realized then. The two are still in love with each other.

 

___

 

“Auntie, happy happy birthday” So Hyun approached Mrs. Kim and gave her a hug

 

“Oh So Hyun, I’m so happy you can make it!” Mrs. Kim hugged her tight

 

“Is my son treating you well this time?” She asked before giving Rowoon, who was tailing So Hyun a deathly glare

 

“Mom, I’m your son. You should be on my side” Rowoon shook his head at his mother

 

“Well I would’ve disowned you back then when you let go of such a perfect girl. Be thankful your father complained and said he needed someone to look after Samsung” Mrs. Kim answered

 

“Auntie. Past is past. We both made mistakes” So Hyun smiled 

 

“Oh darling, always the sweetheart you are. Go and mingle with everyone. Your parents and brothers are in the garden” Mrs. Kim smiled as she push the couple to the garden

 

“So I’m taking it that you didn’t tell auntie about your great plan?” So Hyun asked Rowoon as soon as they were out of the house. 

 

“Well I figured,if we were to do this right, it’s better to keep the plan within our friends” Rowoon took her hand “This is better than your parents knowing you never introduced an unknown boy to them for the past 7 months right?” 

 

“You think highly of yourself ex-boyfriend” So Hyun laughed

 

“Correction, you need to change that to boyfriend now, or else our plan will blow” Rowoon briefly tapped the tip of her nose. “How was the shoot today?”

 

“You really want to know?” So Hyun looked at him teasingly

 

“Hm is that a challenge?” Rowoon gave her the exact same look 

 

“You’re a better kisser oppa” So Hyun laughed

 

“You filmed the kissing scene today???” He exclaimed “Isn’t that too fast? It’s only the third shoot right?” 

 

“I thought you just wanted to know how the filming was?”

 

“So I’m a better kisser than my brother?” Rowoon smiled at her

 

“Oppa! In Hwiyoung’s defense, we were in front of cameras” So Hyun laughed

 

“So you’re telling me, you think he may be a better kisser than me?” Rowoon challenged

 

“Is this really Samsung’s Vice President? Where did the immaturity come from?” So Hyun laughed more 

 

“Why don’t I kiss you now? Then you can tell me how I fair?” Rowoon as he enveloped her in his arms

 

“Wouldn’t that be a crime? My mafia brother is here” So Hyun looked at him. How long has it been since she truly feels this feeling? Yes she felt her heart flutter with Song Kang, but this was different. There’s something with Rowoon that makes her feel complete. Like this was all she ever needed. 

 

Rowoon looked down and stared at her lips. The lips he missed so much. The lips he ever regretted letting go. How can he go on with this lie if all he ever wanted is to be real with her. 

 

“Isn’t that exciting though? Just like how we were in the past and how I would sneak a kiss on you and Jaeyoon hyung would run after me” Rowoon’s smile widened as he reminisced on the past

 

“Then he’d warn us just don’t be so intimate in front of him” So Hyun’s smile mimicked Rowoon’s as she traced his thick eyebrows. Rowoon closed his eyes, remembering this feeling of her finger on his skin. 

 

“I miss old times” So Hyun confessed, making Rowoon look at her straight in the eyes. It took Rowoon such great power to control his emotions. If they were alone, he would have kissed her right there and then.