Chapter 2

Love Again

“You know that there were people who noticed you earlier right?” So Hyun asked Song Kang “They’ll talk and sooner or later they’ll realize we are really going out. 

 

“Are you worried that it might affect your upcoming drama with Hwiyoung?” The man teased as he hugged his girlfriend. The couple were currently cuddling while watching a random documentary on tv.

 

“No no I just don’t want any issues. I mean I know your fans may not be too fond of it. You going with someone I mean” So Hyun admitted

 

“But it’s ok for you to be seen with you brothers’ friends?” Song Kang looked at her

 

“They’re my friends too you know. We all grew up together” She looked at him back. “Are you going to ask me to distant myself from them again?” So Hyun stared at her boyfriend. As much as she’s attracted to Song Kang, she sometimes questions how she really feels. It’s been about 2 weeks that Song Kang kept bringing up the idea of distancing herself from her friends. 

 

“I’m just saying that I don’t like it when you’re too close to them. You’re mine!” Song Kang suddenly pinned her to the sofa

 

“Look, I’m exhausted and don’t have the energy to talk about this right now. Can we just sit down and relax?” So Hyun tried to push the man away

 

“Mine” Song Kang said as he trailed soft kisses down her neck

 

“I’m tired Kang. I really can’t” So Hyun attempted to pushed him once again. So Hyun’s phone pinged, notifying her of a new message. 

 

Song Kang looked at her phone and saw the message came from that one man he’s always been jealous of. Kim Rowoon. 

 

“You know what, I should just go home. I’m exhausted anyway” So Hyun wiggled her way out of Song Kang’s hold. 

 

“Let me drop you off” Song Kang offered

 

“No, it’s ok. I’ll probably just ask one of my brothers to pick me up. Good night” So Hyun kissed his cheek before finding her way out of his apartment. Somehow today she really feels exhausted. Perhaps it’s because she’s been working non-stop the past few weeks, but she really did not like the way Song Kang threw the idea of stopping her from hanging out with her friends. Her stomach growled and that’s when she realized she had not eaten yet. She checked her phone and finally read Rowoon’s message

 

“I sure hope you’ve eaten already. If he didn’t feed you, I cooked your favorite kimchi fried rice. It’s in my fridge” - Kim Rowoon

 

So Hyun smiled. She is close to all her friends, but Rowoon is her best friend. She sure is glad that despite them breaking up, they remained very close. She took out the black fob card in her purse and took the elevator going up to the penthouse. She pinged the passcode and smiled. As expected, Rowoon never changed the passcode. 01282015. It was their anniversary date. Sometimes it baffles her how Rowoon is so cool about their break up. Even when she announced that she’s dating Song Kang, Rowoon seemed so collected and relaxed about it. Yes, their breakup was mutual and ended on good terms, but it did make her sad. It did make her feel that perhaps a breakup was unnecessary. Especially because she knows to herself Rowoon is an important part of her life. They dated for four years, but the way Rowoon treats her never changed. Since they were kids, Rowoon has always taken an extra mile to take care of her. Even now. 

 

She sat on the sofa with the heated fried rice. She finally feels alive now. She the TV and saw the news announcing her upcoming drama with Hwiyoung. A lot of fans are looking forward to childhood friends working together.

 

“What they don’t know is how much we’re cringing inside” She laughed 

 

“Because you and my brother is just the total opposite” Rowoon kissed her cheek

 

“Hi! I didn’t notice you coming in” 

 

“Perhaps you were too busy imagining how you would be playing a romantic drama with my brother” Rowoon laughed as he sat beside her

“And I also see how your so-called boyfriend did not feed you dinner” He stared at her

 

“Thank you for the save oppa!” So Hyun beamed at him 

 

“I’m surprised my kimchi fried rice lured you in my house” He jokingly said

 

“Well who am I to deny the offer” So Hyun patted his hand “Thank you ex boyfriend” 

 

“Let’s hear it. I don’t think it’s my cooking that lured you in my house” 

 

“Well your house is conveniently in the same building as Kang’s? Plus paparazzi is out lurking in front of the building. I’ll need to use your secret passage out” 

 

“You know you can’t trick me right? Something is bothering you” 

 

“I’m just exhausted” So Hyun sighed as she put the bowl on the table “The truth is, Kang is not understanding of well I guess of who I am”

 

“With who you are, you mean?” Rowoon looked at her questioningly 

 

“Me being close to guys and well not really befriending any girls other than Jisoo unnie” She answered “ He asked me to stay away from you guys. In the beginning I thought it was cute, but lately, I find it suffocating. He seems to always want to trap me” 

 

Rowoon furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance. Song Kang kept taking So Hyun’s time from them already and now he wants to completely take her away? 

 

“But don’t worry oppa! You guys won’t lose me! Not like he can break us up!” So Hyun laughed

 

“Yea only we can break us up” Rowoon patted her cheeks before getting up “You can wash up. Your clothes are still in the spare room. I’ll clean up the dirty dishes”

 

“You always do that” So Hyun started “You’re always cool about our break up that it made me think whether you really liked me before” She chuckled “Good night oppa! Thank you” She quickly gave him a hug before heading to the spare room.


“I tried to be cool, because that’s the only way for me to keep you beside me” Rowoon thought

 

A/N: Hope you guys are liking it so far!!! ❤️