Chapter 2 - Just be her friend

Hospitaluv

Morning comes and Nayeon awakes. It is 6.30 and she prepares herself to be ready to go to the hospital. She brushes her teeth, showers, and chooses to wear plain blue shirt and khaki pants for today. She lets her long hair flows freely and puts some light make up before heading out her flat. The flat is provided by the hospital and it is just next to it. 

She is heading out and stops by a small bakery to buy some croissants and cups of coffee for quick breakfast. She wants to share them with Sana and Jihyo. She also buys some almond bread and milk for Mina. She is smiling while thinking of her.

Nayeon is sitting at the cafeteria and texting her friends. Three of them are having breakfast together.

"Thanks, Nayeon, you know that I don't have time to prepare some breakfast," Sana cheerfully munching the tasty croissant.

"Yeah, thanks, Nay,,," Jihyo added.

"You're welcome, ladies... We know that we need lots of energy, right,,, we have quite lots of patients recently... My pleasure to share some with you,," she said. "By the way, that lady with the CHD baby,,"

"Yes, what about her?" Jihyo asked.

"I saw her years ago in college time," Nay said. "and....she was my crush and is my crush till now,"

"Whaaatt?" Sana squeeked... Luckily there is not many people at the cafeteria right now. "So, is she the reason why you always reject those who want to court you?"

Nayeon pursed her lips and nodded, "I am happy to see her again, and now I got her name,,, but,,,"

"Her marital status, right?" Jihyo correctly guess.

"Yeah, Ji,,, I was thinking last night and I made my decision,,, I want to be her friend, seeing the condition of her baby and also the fact that we haven't seen her husband, right?"

"Nay, you have to find out first about that.. don't make decision right away before you know her story, okay.." Jihyo adviced.

"It is true, though,, maybe this time you can make her yours," Sana supported. "You have us, Nay... we are so happy that you find your long lost girl,"

Jihyo nods and taps Nayeon's shoulder, "Fighting, Nay!"

"Yeah, hopefully things will not be complicated and I can slowly court her," Nayeon smiles.

"Speaking of her, I have to check on her and you have to check on her baby, Nay,," Jihyo said. "Let's go, it is our visit hour."

Three of them are dismissed and work on their tasks. Sana will take care about the patients, Nay and Jihyo will have the patients' visits.

***

Nayeon visits baby Sharon in the incubator and carries her in her arms. "Morning, little Sharon, this is auntie Nay...or mommy Nay.." she chuckles. "I am going to bring you to your Mom," Nayeon puts her in the crib and pushes it.

Room 3709.

Jihyo is waiting for Nayeon to come with the baby. When she sees Nayeon, "What are those?"

"Hehe.. I bought her some almond croissant and milk... It is good for her" 

"Smooth, Nay..." Jihyo chuckles. "Ready to see your crush?" she teases. "You are red, Nay...get a grip, okay.."

"Good morning, Ms. Myoui," dr Park Jihyo greeted.

"Oh, good morning dr. Park and dr. Im," Mina replied gracefully.

"Morning, Ms. Myoui, here is Sharon, I will put her next to you," Nayeon adds.

Jihyo is doing some check up on Mina, she shecks on her tummy and its marks from the surgery, "Do you feel too painful, Ms?"

"Not really, I still can handle it,"

"Okay, then I will prescribe you with the painkiller later before you sleep, so you can rest well... Have you tried to feed your baby?" Jihyo asked.

"Yes, dr. Park... dr. Im helped me last night," she answered.

Jihyo smirks at the surprised and red Nayeon, "Oh, I believe dr. Im was happy to help you, Ms. Myoui,,, she is such a dedicated doctor."

Nayeon widens her eyes to stop Jihyo teases.

"Okay, I guess I have to go now, since I have to check on other patient... dr. Im here will be with you for a while,, right, dr. Im?"

"Yes, yes,,, I will.. thank you dr. Park," she stresses on her name.

"See you, Ms. Myoui,"

"See you dr. Park...thank you," Mina said.

Mina is staring at the red Nayeon. "Hi, Nayeon,"

"H - Hi, Mina... Here I bring this snack for you.. It is good for your health..." she is nervous as hell. "Try it," panic Nayeon put a straw and offer the milk in front of Mina's mouth.

Mina smiles seeing this side of Nayeon and drinks the milk. "Hmmm.. is it almond milk?"

"Yes, Mina...It is good for your milk,,,hhmm.. I mean good for you, since you are feeding Sharon.. yes, yes, that is what I mean... Do you like it?"

Mina laughs softly, "Yes, of course I know that almond is good for feeding,,, and I like the taste,, thank you, Nayeon,,,,"

Nayeon scratches her head, "Yeah, I forgot that you are a doctor, too," she laughs showing her bunny teeth.

"You are so funny, Nayeon," Mina laughs.

"At least, I make you laugh, right,"

"Yes, thank you for that... I forgot how to laugh recently," Mina said and Nayeon can feel the bitterness in her voice.

"Oh, about Sharon, she is doing okay this morning, you don't have to worry about her," Nayeon tries to change the topic.

"Thank you for checking on her,"

Nayeon opens the crib and put Sharon in Mina's arms.

"I will leave you two...if you need any help, just call the nurse, okay.. I have some patients to attend to.. See you in the afternoon, okay.." Nayeon bid her goodbye.

"Okay, see you, Nayeon...happy working," she waved her hand.

***

Nayeon is at her room, receiving some patients, with the help of Sana. Most of them are kids who need to get the regular vaccines. She is doing her job well and children love her so much. 

After lunch time, Nayeon is missing Mina so much. She can't wait for the next hours to visit her. She needs to have a strong reason, though, or else Mina will suspect her behavior. Without thinking, her feet bring her to the 3rd floor. She almost reaches Mina's room and she hears baby's cries and some shouting. Since this is the ward, there is not many people around. Nurses are in their stations, preparing other stuff for the patient. So, Nayeon is litterally alone in the hallway.

Couple more steps and she is surprised that the cries and shouting are coming from Mina's room. She bravely barges in and see a man in black suit is carrying Sharon in one arm and the other hand is holding a knife. Sharon and Mina are both crying and begging, "Please don't hurt her, Jackson... She is my baby,,"

"She is my baby, too, and I will take her from you,,,, you hear that!!" the man shouted and pointed the knife to Mina.

"No..No..please, Jackson,,, the baby is sick and she needs special treatment.. please don't take her.. She needs me,," Mina cries more and it brings Nayoen's blood to boil. How come this jerk makes my girl cries like that and he puts Sharon in danger.

"Hey!! Give the baby back to the mother! You are disturbing the patient and baby!" Nayeon shouts.

The man chuckles and smirks, "Don't intervene our family problem, young lady!"

"I will intervene because you put my patients in danger. Put the baby down now.. She is sick.."

"Oh, so you are the doctor, want to be the hero?" he pointed the knife to Nayeon now.

Nayeon is scared but she cannot chicken out right now. She has to save Mina and Sharon.

"Jackson!!! Stop it!!" Mina begs.. She tries to move out from the bed.

"Don't move, Mina.. your stomach is still in the process of recovery.. Don't worry, okay.." Nayeon almost cried too.

"Sir, with all the respect, can you give the baby to me? and leave this hospital right now? It is not good for your wife and daughter, pleeaseee..." Nayeon said calmly.

"Do you know who are you taking to? I never grant people's wish,,,I can do whatever I want.. even to my ex-wife! So don't you dare to instruct me.. I am Jackson, the biggest mafia in Taiwan and Korea.."

"Whaatt??" OMG, Mina,,,how come you married this kind of guy... How miserable your life is.. I will help you, Mina.. Hang On there... "Okay, you Mr Mafia... you sound great, but you don't know who my brother is.." Nayeon replies sarcastically. "My brother is JungKook, as in the head the Korea Interpol... I can tell him about you and he will send his men to catch you and kick you out from this country FOREVER!" Nayeon brags. "So, you better put your knife down and give me the baby NOW!"

"JungKook? That bastard! Aaaarrgghhhh....!!!" he shouted "How dare you!!!" Jackson starts to get panic cause he is alone right now.

He slightly throws the baby into the air and Nayeon catches Sharon just in time. But, the angry Jackson also scratched Nayeon's left arm with his knife and he runs away.

Nayeon ignores the pain and just trying her best to calm the crying Sharon. She brings her to Mina. Mina directly hugs her baby tight. Nayeon also hugs Mina automatically, seeing her girl in a low state like that.

"Huuuusshhh... It is okay, Mina,,,stop crying, okay.. you are safe now..." Mina cries on Nayeon shoulder and she gives time for her to calm down. Damn, Nayeon is hugging Mina and it feels so right, keeping her safe and Nayeon can smell Mina's scent form this closeness.

Mina starts to calm down, "Yes...I am here, Mina.. don't worry okay.. Sharon is safe, too.." Nayeon keeps on trying to sooth her and Mina slowly nodded. 

Nayoen calls the nurse in.... "Nurse, please put the baby back to the incubator," Mina gives the baby to the nurse.

"dr. Im... you are bleeding!" the nurse is surprised.

"Nayeon! your arm!" Mina is panic too. "Please bring the tools needed, nurse," Mina asked the nurse for the help.

"Okay, Ms..please wait.."

"It is okay, Mina,, just a little scratch.." Nayeon said.

"That is not little, Nayeon! That is kind of deep. I will take care of it! Take off your suit, now!" 

Nayeon takes off her suit and the shirt is covered with blood. She winced at the pain. "See...it is a deep cut... that bastard! I really hate him!" Mina cursed.

The nurse comes back with some tools needed and Mina asks her to go out. Mina will handle Nayeon herself.

Mina straightens her sitting position and asks Nayeon to sit on the bed too. "Now take off your shirt,,,"

"Take off my shirt? You can put some bandage, Mina.. it is really no big deal.." Nayeon is getting redder.

"No, you need some stitches.. quickly take off your shirt..."

Nayeon is still bewildered by the request... "Nayeon!"

Then Nayeon takes off her shirt shyly and put it on the bed. She is only in her white lacy bra and khaki pants right now.

"Are you shy?" Mina teases.

Nayoen hids her red face and nodded.

"Oh, come on,,,, we are both girls and DOCTORS..." Mina replies.

"Yes, that I know.. but it is you..." Nayeon blurts.

"Me? What about me?" Mina is confused. "We are friends, right, and I am going to work here soon.. so what is the matter?"

"Hmm...nothing Mina.. just a silly me..." Nayeon's heart beating crazily and she is trying her best to act cool.

Mina takes care of Nayeon properly.. She stitches her wound, wipes all the remaining blood, and covers the wound with bandage. "Alright, you are done.."

"Thanks, Mina..." Nayeon puts on her shirt back.

"Thank you, Nayeon... Sharon must be gone if you did not show up before,," Mina is about to cry again.

"Heey,, don't cry, please.." Nayeon rubs Mina's hand. "I am just doing my job as your doctor,,, and I don't like his way of talking to you and... hmm sorry,, I don't mean to intervene your business.."

"It is okay, Nayeon... My life is kinda complicated in that part.. but at the moment, I can only say thank you to you.." Mina smiles.

"Yeah, Mina... just want you to know that I am here, in case you need me.. I want to be your listener.." Nayeon looks at her hands on Mina's. She squeezes harder to ensure Mina.

"Of course, Nayeon.. I will.. Thank you once again.."

"Anytime, Mina... Alright, you better be resting right now.. I don't want you to get stressed and it will affect your recovery... Sleep now and don't worry.. I will ask the security to guard your room." Nayeon tucks Mina in sleeping position.

"See you, Nayeon," she closes her eyes.

Nayeon smiles and leaves the room.

***

Nayeon changes her shirt and her suit. She herself plops down on the sofa in her room. She processes everything that has just happened. Mina, Sharon, Jackson, mafia, and interpol... It makes her head ache.