Chapter 7 - Emergency

Hospitaluv

Mina and Nayeon run their daily life smoothly. Nayeon, though she still keeps her feeling only for Mina, she is trying to keep on moving forward. It is just she has not met anyone who can replace Mina in her life.

Mina, on the other hand, continuing her relationship with V. It is not an intense relationship, because Mina is still coping with her current situation.

***

One evening, when Mina comes from the hospital, she is accompanied by V. In front of her door, Mina rings the bell, but there is no one answering. She is thinking where the nanny is, so she keeps on pressing the bell.

"Do you have your key?" V asks.

"Oh yes, I am going to use my key instead." Mina takes out the key and opens the door.

She quickly checks on Sharon and the nanny.

"Where is Sharon?" Mina screams and V comes in to check her.

Mina sees the nanny is being tied up in a chair and is plestered. Mina releases the rope, "What happened?" she is screaming and crying.

V is there to calm Mina. "There were 3 guys with black suit came in and she took Sharon with them," the nanny told the story shakingly. "I am sorry, Ms, I cannot protect Sharon..."

Mina calms down, "It is okay, it is not your fault..What should I do now?" she weakly sobs.

"How about if we report this to the police officer?" V says.

"No! It will be dangerous for Sharon... he might hurt my baby girl.." Mina cries more.

"Okay, Mina...Maybe we have to wait until tomorrow.. You calm down first and have a rest... So you will have clear mind and strength.." V suggests.

"How can I be calm when my daughter is in danger!!?" Mina bursts out.

"I understand your concern, but please stay calm, okay..." V hugs her shoulders.

"It is better for you to go home, V... I will think about this matter.. Thank you, by the way..." Mina sends him out.

***

Mina directly calls Nayeon, a particular person she has in mind, "Nay..." she sobs.

"Mina... what happen? Why you cry?" Nayeon is concerned.

"Sharon,,,He took Sharon.." she weakly says.

Without thinking, Nayeon rushes out and goes to Mina's flat.

Mina's door is still open and Nayeon finds her crying on the floor. She closes the door and directly comforts Mina. She kneels down and embraces Mina.

Mina cries on Nayeon's chest. Nayeon gives her some time to let out her frustration while rubbing Mina's back. Both of them miss this kind of interaction after for so long. "Huusshhhh,,,Mina... Calm down, okay... Everything is going to be okay,, I will try my best to find Sharon.."

After around 15 minutes, Nayeon brings Mina to the couch so she won't be catching a cold. "Here, drink first.." Nayeon offers the water. Then she sits next to Mina, "I will contact my brother,, I believe he can help you.."

"No, Nayeon! It will put Sharon in danger if police involves.." Mina begs.

"I promise my brother will do it secretly, so Sharon will be fine...Don't worry, Mina..." she assures her.

Nayeon calls her brother to ask for help. She really wants to kick Jackson and his gang out of Korea. Her brother is going to help for sure and he promises to catch this jerk. Nayeon also tells him to do it secretly so that Sharon will not be in harm. Her brother tells her to be careful, too.

After the call, Nayeon says, "Everything is arranged, Mina.. there will a secret operation to safe Sharon,,, Now, you need to rest," Nayeon offers her hand and Mina gladly takes it.

They are now in Mina's bedroom,,, Mina has cleaned herself and ready to sleep, while Nayeon is sitting on the small sofa..."Can you stay for a while, Nayeon?"

"Yes, Mina... I will be here, until you fall asleep.."

"Hmm...can you lay down here with me? I will feel more comfortable.." Mina asks hesitantly and Nayeon blushes so hard.

"Eh? Are you sure? Are you sure someone will not angry? Nayeon refers to V.

"I will not tell anyone, Nay,,, I just need someone beside me,," Nayeon is so happy to hear that,, if this is the maximum closeness that she can get from Mina, she will take it. So there they are laying side by side, waiting for their eyes to rest.

"Don't worry, Mina,,, Sharon will be okay.."

"Thank you, Nayeon.." Mina hugs Nayeon's side profile and nest her head in Nayeon's shoulder. Nayeon is frozen,,, cold sweat,, heart drums,,, really not a perfect time when Sharon is out there and they cannot enjoy the moment.

"Goo-good night, Mina..." she stutters. Both of them sleep peacefully.

***

4 a.m. dawn.. Nayeon's phone beeps. She wakes up to see the message, in case it is from her brother.

From: Unknown number

[a picture of Sharon]

If you want me to return Sharon, come to this place BY YOURSELF.

No police involves. If you break the rule, I will kill Sharon and Mina next.

Nayeon's eyes are wide open, receiving that text. She is confused, panic, afraid, but she needs to act fast. So, she reply the message.

To: Unknown number

I will come alone but do not hurt Sharon.

Nayeon gets up from the bed slowly so that Mina will not wake up. She writes down a note for Mina.

Morning, Mina

Sorry to leave early in the morning.

I have a sudden patient at the hospital.

See you soon.

This is my brother's number, in case you want to ask about Sharon.

-Nayeon-

***

Nayeon arrives at the place where she should go. It is still pretty dark, but she knows that it is near the harbour. Some men in black suit approach her and cover her head with the black bag. Those men takes Nayeon's bag and just throws it, so Nayeon cannot be tracked. Then, a van comes and bring them somewhere else.

After around 1 hour, they arrive at Jackson's lair. It is quite a deserted place, a mountainous area.

"Well...well..well... Look who we got here...! Im Nayeon... the sister of great JungKook... that bastard who ruins my operations..." he spits.

"How dare you kidnap me and Sharon... my brother will surely punish you and kick you out from this country!" she barks back.

"Tie her! Seal !" Jackson asks his men to tie Nayeon on the chair.

He approches struggling Nayeon, "Calm down, kitty.. No one will find you here... So you better keep your energy..."

"I heard a rumor that you like my ex-wife... you filthy ...since the very start, you were the one who always ruins my plan.." Jackson traces Nayeon's face with his knife. "Is it true that you love Mina?" Nayeon just glares at him. "So it is true, I guess... or you won't be here right, doing everything I say..hahahahahaha"

"Since I cannot have Mina, you also cannot have her, Nayeon-ssi!" he pulls Nayeon's hair and she screams in pain. "Now how about I give a little mark on your face, so Mina will not like you back forever...hahaha!" he scratches Nayeon's left cheek with his knife and blood come out. Nayeon winces in pain.

"Return Sharon back to Mina now... Let this girl be here,,," Nayeon is left alone there.

***

At Mina's flat..

Mina wakes up because the sun shines. She realizes that Nayeon is no longer with her, and she reads the note from Nayeon. She prepares herself to go to the hospital though her mind is still clouded with the location of Sharon.

When she is about to go out, her door bell rings. She opens up, but she only finds Sharon lying on the floor. She immediately carries Sharon and checks her condition. "Sharooonn...baby.. wake up.." Mina taps Sharon cheek. Soon Sharon opens her eyes and hugs Mina right away..."Mommyyyy..."

"Are you okay, baby? Are you hurt?"

"No, mommy, I am just tired..." Sharon replies.

"Okay, I will call the nanny so she can take care of you..."

Then Mina calls Nayeon...... but she does not pick it up.... Maybe she is still busy, Mina thought, so she send the message.

To: Nayeon

Sharon is back. She is safe.

Mina proceeds to go to the hospital while the nanny is taking care of Sharon. Mina works as usual and she feels relieved that Sharon is okay and nothing happens to her. 

Until it is lunch time, she has not get the replied message from Nayeon, so she decides to visit her after she has lunch.

"Hey, Mina, how is Sharon?" V asks.

"Oh, she is fine, V,,,, she is back home.." Mina smiles.

"Thank God that she is okay....Lunch together?"

"Okay, V.."

When they are having lunch, Sana passes by and asks, "Hi, Mina.. do you see Nayeon?"

"Nayeon? She is not coming?" she worriedly asks.

"No,,, she is absent today and she does not pick up the call or reply my messages,," Sana says.. "Anything happen?" she asks again.

"Hmm..actually Sharon was kidnapped last night and Nayeon was with me, but she left a note that she has a morning duty here,,,so I thought she is just busy.."

"What??? So where is Sharon now? Is she okay?" Sana panicly asks.

"Yes, Sharon is back home now.."

"Oh my goodness.... Nayeon must be trading herself with Sharon.. that reckless bunny.."

"Trading? What do you mean, Sana?" Mina is confused.

"You know, like in the movie..the bad guy is actually aiming for Nayeon.. Sharon is just the bait.. Oh geez... I have to tell her brother now!"

Mina abruptly stands up and leaves V at the cafeteria, "Wait Sana.. I will come with you..."

Now, Mina, Sana and Jihyo are in Nayeon's room to discuss the matter. Sana called JungKook to tell about the current situation. JungKook was shocked by Sana's information and he is worried about his sister. Damn! Then, Mina's phone beeps.

From: Unknown number

[a photo of Nayeon's bloody face]

I am enjoying my time with your girl.

Mina gasps and screams, "Nayeon!" she suddenly cries.

Jihyo and Sana are also shocked and worried looking at photo of Nayeon. Sana directly forward that photo to JungKook, so maybe they can investigate the place and find Nayeon.

"It is all my fault..." Mina cries and blames herself. "I hurt Nayeon..I hurt her heart all of this time and now I hurt her physically.."

"Shhh, Mina,,,don't say that..." Jihyo hugs Mina. "We will figure out how to find Nayeon..."

"I am such a jerk... I never try to love her back... Now what if Nayeon cannot make it, Ji?"

"No...no... don't say that.. Nayeon is strong, Mina... she is doing all this because of her love to you and Sharon.. she will hold on..."

"Yes, Mina... JungKook oppa will find her soon..." Sana rubs Mina's back.

"We have to calm down now and just wait any progress from JungKook oppa.."

***

1st night of missing Nayeon

Jackson returns to see Nayeon's condition. She is fainted on the chair. "Water..." he orders his men.

A bucket of cold water is thrown to Nayeon's body and wakes Nayeon up. She is shivering and keeps glaring at Jackson. She is not giving up.

"Wow... such a wild girl.." Jackson walks around Nayeon.

[Slap...Slap..Slap] Jackson hits Nayeon's face three times, "These are for ruining my plan!" blood comes out from Nayeon's lips.

[Slap..Slap..Slap] He hits her again, "These are for loving my Mina!" Nayeon struggles to stay awake. Her vision is blurry right now. Her body is weak because she does not ear and drink.

"You won't see Mina again... Mina...Myoui Mina is mine! Wahahaha!" he pulls Nayeon's hair and shouted Mina's names.

Nayeon is crying, not because of the physical pain, but because of remembering Mina and thinking about if Mina is getting back with Jackson and he brings her out of Korea. She cannot see Mina again. Or maybe worst, she dies here and she cannot see Mina's smile anymore. She cannot protect Mina and Sharon. She cannot live if Mina is not with her. Mina..Mina..Mina... That is the last thing that Nayeon remembers before she passes out.

***

The next morning, Mina calls JungKook, but he tells her that there is no progress at all. They are still searching for Nayeon's where about. Mina is worried, it is already more than 24 hours that Nayeon is missing. She prays that Jackson will not do something vital to Nayeon. She promises to try to love Nayeon after this. She will end her relationship with V. That is her promise if Nayeon is back.

At the hospital, Nayeon's schedules are cleared out, since there is no news about her. Sana and Jihyo also worried about her condition. They both visit Mina to console her feeling too. Everyone cannot work or eat properly.  They also do not have peaceful night time thinking about Nayeon.

Suddenly JungKook calls Sana and she answers in speaker mode so everyone can hear, "We got her bag and phone!"

"Really? What about Nayeon?" Mina asks with hope.

"Still negative.. I think Jackson's men purposely throw her bag here to mess our searching area.." JungKook explains.

"Then, try the opposite area,,, an area that you have never thought before.." Sana suggests

"Yupp...thanks Sana... I will keep on searching... you girls take care.." he ends the call.

"Oh gosh,, it is so frustrating!" Mina exclaims.

"But at least a little sign of Nayeon is found, right... just be patient until JungKook oppa finds her.."

***

2nd night of Nayeon being kidnapped.

Now Nayeon is being hanged, her hands are tied up to a pole. She is so pale and weak, but she is still breathing. "Waterrr.." she is begging for water.

"Thirsty, huh?" Jackson pours out a bottle of beer on Nayeon's head and it stings her pain ever more.

"I will bring you to hell slowly, Ms Im..." he laughs sarcastically.

"Punch her!" he orders his men.

Two men hit Nayeon's body with a wood plank. Nayeon screams in pain. Her body cannot take it anymore so she passes out again. She only wishes that her brother has enough time to safe her.

***

JungKook checks all the CCTV in Korea to find Nayeon's trace. After almost 12 hours searching all details and possibilities, finally he finds the suspicious place. He orders the special tack team to safe Nayeon and prepares an ambulance.

They directly inspect the location secretly and find a small warehouse near a cliff. The snipers are ready in their position. The land team is ready to search the place and they find Jackson and his men are drinking and laughing at the other warehouse. 

JungKook sends another team to safe Nayeon and brings her back to the hospital, while he will ambush Jackson and all his men.

Guns shots are heard and some Jackson men died. JungKook arrests Jackson right away and bring him to the police car. 

***

Emergency Room

Nayeon is brought directly to the Emergency Room, her condition is critical. JungKook calls the ladies to tell that Nayeon is found and now is under treatment. Three of them go to the hospital to check on Nayeon.

They are waiting impatiently outside the ER. Suddenly, dr. Hirai comes out and says, "Is there any Mina here?"

Mina raised her hand, "Me, I am Mina.."

"Come inside for a while.." Mina follows the order.

Inside she sees weak Nayeon keeps on calling her name, "Mina.. Mina.. Keep Mina safe.."

Mina automatically cries seeing Nayeon's condition... bruises are all on her face... some ribs are also broken..she cannot see Nayeon like this...she holds Nayeon's hand, "I am here, Nayeon.. I am safe..."

"Mina... is it really you?" Nayeon smiles and tries to reach Mina's cheek but she fails. She passes out and the heart pacemaker machine beeps..... --------

"No, No, Nayeon...Don't leave me, Nayeon!" Mina cries out.

Doctor Hirai asks Mina to get out because they want to do another procedure to save Nayeon. "Please save her, doc...please..please.."

"I am trying my best... now you can wait outside.." the doctor closes the door.

"How is it, Mina?" Jihyo asks. Mina just shakes her head and cries.

"Oh, geez... hang on Nayeon..." Sana prays.

*** 

After an hour, dr. Hirai comes out and tells the girls..."dr. Im is alive, but her condition is very weak.. any small complication can risk her life...so she will be put in the ICU Room for now.."

"Haaahh... thank God,,,," Sana says.

"You are strong, Im Nayeon..." JIhyo adds. "Don't worry, Mina... she will be okay soon..."

In the ICU, Mina accompanies Nayeon.. She sits on the chair next to Nayeon and holds her hand.

"Hey, brave girl,, thank you for holding on and come back safely.. thank you for saving Sharon.." she smiles. "Please wake up soon so I can tell you a very good news.. I can't wait to tell you this.." Mina is blushing.. "I want to try to love you, Nayeon..."

There Mina sleeps, her head on Nayeon's bed.

***

In the morning, Mina wakes up and sees that Nayeon is still sleeping soundly. The nurse comes and gives some ointment for Nayeon's bruises. "Let me do it, nurse," Mina offers and the nurse lets her do it.

She carefully apply the oinment on Nayeon's face. She is paying attention on her face right now. Her eyebrows, eyes, nose, and plump lips. She is admitting that Nayeon is a pretty girl. It is just so dumb that her heart submits too late. She promises to love Im Nayeon, not only for her, but also for Sharon since that little girl always want Nayeon to be her other mommy.

Slowly Nayeon opens her eyes and Mina is so happy to see the quick progress. She puts the ointment on the table to talk with Nayeon.

"Nayeon...can you hear me? How do you feel?"

After some second, Nayeon adjusts her view and asks, "Where am I?"

"You are at the hospital, Nayeon.. you are safe.." Mina holds Nayeon's hand.

"Thank you, nurse.." Nayeon replies.

"Nurse? I am Mina, Nayeon..." she starts to worry.

"Mi..Mina?" Nayeon holds her aching head. "Aargghhh,,,it is painful..." her heart rate machine shows escalated rhythm.

Mina directly calls dr. Hirai to check on Nayeon..

Mina waits outside and cries again.. so Nayeon does not remember me....

***