Chapter 8 - Hope

Hospitaluv

"Don't worry about her, dr. Myoui,,, dr. Im just has temporary shock,, I guess she has been holding a certain matter in her brain that cause this shock,,,, sooner or later she will gain back her memory," dr. Hirai explains to Mina.

"Okay, thank you dr. Hirai.... so what should I do now?" Mina asks.

"In the mean time, you can just do things as usual, don't push her to remember,,, let her adjust by herself,,," dr. Hirai says.

"Alright, I will do my best to help her heal..." Mina bows to dr. Hirai.

***

Sana and Jihyo comes after Mina told them that Nayeon is awake. Mina told them that Nayeon forgets about her. They console Mina and ask her to be patient. Three of them enter Nayeon's room again. She is still awake and just looking at the open window.

"Nayeonn!!" Sana and Jihyo called.

"Hey, guys...." they hug each other.

"I am so glad that you are okay, Nayeon.. you make me afraid..." Jihyo says.

"Yaa.. Nayeon, don't do that again, okay..." Sana adds.

"Yup, sorry guys, for making you worried.. but sorry I don't remember what happened before.." Nayeon replied.

"It is okay, Nay... take your time.. you have to rest a lot..." Ji says..

"Ommoo.. your cheek..." Sana points.

"Yeah,, it , huh... but dr. Hirai already gives me medicine.. will be okay, later... I won't let my fans down..." Nayeon chuckles and they show their smug face.

"You remember that part so well, huh..." Jihyo teases.

"Oh, by the way, Ms. Mina... sorry if I scared you before...and sorry if I cannot recognize you now.." Nayeon says.

Mina walks closer to Nayeon and holds her hand, "No worries, Nayeon...I understand your condition and hope that you can recover faster,,, and just call me Mina,, we are friends though, just like Sana and Jihyo..."

"Yes, Nayeon, you better be healed soon or else you cannot find the love of your life again..." Sana chuckles and Mina blushes.

"Geez,,,that girl right...my college crush...I wish I can get her name, at least..." Nayeon says sadly.. Mina heard it and she feels both sad and happy. She is happy that Nayeon loves her that much, yet she is sad because she makes Nayeon to wait for that long.

"Ya ya ya... just sleep, then.. you have to rest.. We will come back here again after work, okay..." Jihyo says.

"Okay, Ji, Sana,,,thanks for visiting..." Nayeon says.

"May I stay here for a while..?" Mina asks shyly.

"Of course," Jihyo winks at Mina, while Nayeon is looking back and forth to Mina and Jihyo. 

***

Nayeon feels something different with Mina....her heart beats awkwardly but she cannot tell why... Mina just makes her nervous.

"Don't you have work, Mina?" Nayeon asks.

"Oh, yes,, I work here, too, as a surgeon...but right now I don't have any patients..so I am free.."

"Wowww,,, it must be so cool to be a surgeon...." Mina chuckles at Nayeon's words.

"How close are we, Mina?" Nayeon asks further.. she wonders why she cannot remember about her, if they are just friends like Sana and Jihyo. "I am just wondering, though.. it is okay if you don't want to answer.."

"You are my daughter's doctor, Sharon.. and we are colleagues here...so we meet often... sometimes you also play with Sharon at my flat..." Mina smiles.

"Oh yeah, I like kids so much..that is why I chose to become a pediatrician..." She smiles. "Where is Sharon now? I would like to see her.."

"She is at home now... later, I will bring her here.. She must be happy to see her favorite auntie.." she chuckles.

"Favorite auntie...??"

"Yes, she likes you so much.. you bought her some toys and plushies too,,," Mina says.

"Hehehe...I must like her so much..."

"Nayeon...." Mina's tone changes and she is about to sob.

"Yes, Mina...what happen?" Nayeon is worried.

"Geez, you still worry about me even when you are sick now.." Mina sobs..

"Please don't cry, Mina.. just tell me what is it about...." Nayeon is reaching Mina's hand and Mina take it.

Both of Mina's hands hold Nayeon's left hand, "Later when you remember everything, I just want you to remember that I feel so sorry for making you miserable... I apologize to you, Nayeon..and thank you very much for every single thing that you do to me.."

"I don't understand, Mina... what mistakes did you make?" Nayeon touches her aching head with her right hand.

"I cannot tell you right now, Nayeon... Don't push yourself to remember everyhthing now.. You have to rest.."

"But I don't like to see you cry.... you make me want to cry, too."

"Okay, I will stop crying.. One thing that I promise, I will be here for you, Nayeon..."

"Thank you, Mina..."

Mina feels a little bit relieved, she put her heart out to Nayeon. She may not love Nayeon yet, but she wants to try.

***

After one week being hospitalized, Nayeon feels so bored and she really wants to get back to work. So, she ask permission from dr. Hirai whether she can leave and start working again. Doctor Hirai gives her permission to do that but she has to promise not to overwork.

Nayeon goes back to her flat and rest for a while. She takes a shower carefully as her ribs are still in the process of healing. She misses her flat, she does not like to a patient. She lays down at her fluffy bed and just relaxing. Then her door bell rings. "Who is visiting me at this hour?" she mumbles.

She opens the door and  a little girl's voice is heard, "Auntttiiieee Naayyy..." that little girl hugs Nayeon's leg.

She looks at Mina and blinks several times,,,"Oh, Sharon..." she kneels down and ruffle her hair.

"I miss you, auntiee.." she hugs Nayeon and Nayeon embraces her back.

"Miss you, too, princess... but sorry auntie cannot carry you now,, auntie is still sick..." Nayeon pouts cutely. "Come in, then..."

She stands up slowly and Mina helps her, "Why you suddenly goes home without telling me, Nayeon?"

"I don't want to burden you," she smiles.

"You are not a burden, Nayeon..... Now sit down and I will cook for you..." She brings Nayeon to the couch and plays with Sharon.

"Thank you, Minari..."

"What? What did you just call me?" Mina asks

"Oh, sorry, sorry.. I did not mean it... just came out from my mouth.."

"I like it, Nay..." she blushes...

"Okay, then... Minari..." she feels awkward.... she feels warm... but she still cannot process it.

Mina cooks for Nayeon some simple dishes. She is smiling looking at Nayeon and Sharon together. They are playing and laughing over simple stuff. "I think I will have 2 kids later..." she thoughts as Nayeon is just so cute and childish.

After she is done cooking, they all eat together at the small round dining table.

"Woww..delicious, Mina..." Nayeon praises.

"Yeah, you always says that.." Mina laughs.

"My mom is a great cook, right, auntieee..." Sharon adds.

"Yes, Sharon.. she is.."

"So, do you want to be my other mommy?" Sharon innocently asks and Mina covers her little mouth.

Nayeon chokes her food and coughing,,, she drinks a glass of water directly..

"I am so sorry, Nayeon... don't mind Sharon, okay.. she is just a kid.." Mina says.

"It is okay, Mina.. I was just surprised.." Nayeon says. "Hey, sweetie,,, I don't know about that, okay.... your mom and I are friends..."

"But you always said that my mommy is pretty," Sharon adds.

Mina glares at Sharon and becomes red....Nayeon looks back and forth to Mina and Sharon...

"Yes, Your mom is pretty, Sharon.....I believe everyone thinks the same.. " She smiles and taps Sharon's head lightly.

"I like you, auntieee." Sharon pouts.

"I like you too, princess.. now eat your food, okay..." Nayeon is thinking what Sharon is saying though..how come such a little girl can say something like that. It must be related with the things she cannot remember yet. But, Nayeon does not want to make Mina confused, so she acts normally.

They are done eating and it is time for Mina and Sharon to go home. "Thank you for the food, Mina...and thanks for visiting me.."

"My pleasure, Nayeon," 

Nayeon bows a little bit to hug Sharon, "See you later, princess," and then she waves at Mina.

"No hug for my mom?" Sharon teases.

"Oh, see you again, Mina..." Nayeon hesitantly hugs Mina for some seconds. It feels comfortable,,,it feels right,,, Nayeon likes it,,, Mina likes it, too.

Mina hugs her back tightly, "See you Nayeon.. Have a nice rest..."

Nayeon closes the door and leans on it,,,, "What a strange feeling.... that kid, though... and Mina's smiles..." they sooth Nayeon's heart.

***

The next day, Nayeon is back to work. Many nurses and doctors are waiting for her with bouquets of flowers, some snacks and small gifts for Nayeon. Nayeon happily receives those gifts for her and now her room is full of stuff.

"The queen is back, huh..." Mina visits and teases her.

"Hahahahaha.... Cool, right..." she proudly says.

"You happy?" Mina asks.

"Yes,, at least I can make them happy, Mina... appreciating them.." Nayeon smiles with her two front teeth show.

[knock knock] "Come in..." Nayeon says.

A nurse, a pretty nurse come in, "Oh, nurse JeongYeon..yes, what is it?"

"Oh, excuse me, dr. Myoui..." she says. "dr. Im...do you want to have dinner later with me?"

"Oh, thank you, nurse,,,, what time?" Nayeon asks.

"I will wait at the lobby at 6," nurse Jeong says.

"Alright,, see you at 6 later.." Nayeon agrees.

"Really? Thank you, dr. Im... See you..." nurse Jeong signs off.

"Did you just really accept that, Nayeon?" Mina asks with a little bit of anger.

"Yeah, why not.. I am single....and it is just a friendly dinner,,, not more than that.."

"But you will give her false hope.." Mina groans.

"Easy, Mina.... I am just trying to be friendly here..."

"You cannot just do that to every one who asks you out, Nayeon.."

"Wait,,wait,, are you jealous, Mina?"

"What? Jealous? in your dream, Nayeon... I just don't want you to give false hope to others... She will think that you like her back.." Mina tries to explain and covers her jealousy.

"And what if I like her back?" Nayeon questions. "You don't like it?"

"Hmm... I don't know...just forget about it.. it is your life anyway... I don't have the right to..to..."

"Hey, relax, Mina..." she holds her hand... "Thank you for your concern,,, I will make sure nurse Jeong knows that it is only a friendly dinner,,," Mina looks at their hands.

"Hope you can remember soon, Nayeon..." Mina says and Nayeon becomes more suspicious on who Mina really is in her life.

***

Mina signs off to work and check on her patients... Nayeon does the same thing... a week not going to work, makes her has lots of patients today. Time flies and it is already 6 o'clock. She packs up her bag and goes to the lobby where nurse Jeong is waiting for her.

"Hi, dr. Im.. thank you once again for accepting my offer..." nurse Jeong says shyly.

"No worries... it is just a friendly dinner, right.."

"Yes,,, I just want to have dinner with you and talk to you.." she says.

"Okay, let's go.. and you can call me Nayeon.... drop the formality.." Nayeon says.

They go out from the hospital together. JeongYeon links her arm to Nayeon. Nayeon is a little bit surprised, but she just relax,,,it is normal to do that.. she also links arms with Sana or Jihyo. But, there is a jealouse figure following both of them, Myoui Mina. "Linking arms, huh....you naughty girl, Nayeon,,," Mina curses.

JeongYeon and Nayeon just have a simple dinner nearby. They are having barbeque with some pork bellies and fried mandu. They are chatting and laughing while eating. Such a nice dinner to have, they are relax with each other, and Mina sees all of that. She feels jealous because if Nayeon remembers, she is the one who will have dinner with Nayeon, not other person.

***

Weeks gone by and it is already one month since Nayeon recovers. She has not gain her memories about Mina back. Mina feels a little heavy in her heart as she grown this feeling toward Nayeon, but she cannot push Nayeon to remember. Mina just hopes that everyhting will be back to normal very soon.