Chapter 4 - New flat

Hospitaluv

After almost a week Mina gets hospitalized, it is time for her and Sharon to go back home, which is her new flat as doctor in SNU Hospital. As usual, Nayeon visits her in the morning, "Morning, Mina..."

"Hi, Nayeon," she greets while packing her stuff.

"So, today you are going to your new flat?" Nay asks.

"Yupp..after lunch time will be the best time, I think.."

"Mina,,hmm,,"

"Spill it, Nayeon..."

"Will you be alone later? I mean like moving your stuff and arrange them in the new flat.." Nayeon explains.

"Sort of.. there will be Sharon, right.. but other than her, yes, I am pratically alone," she says and give Nayeon her smile.

"Parents...relatives...friends, maybe..?

Mina finishes her packing and sits at the edge of bed, while Nayeon just standing there. "Hmm.. my parents were both passed away.. I am an only child... Friends? Yes, I have some, but I don't want to bother them,, we are not that close...." Nayeon listened carefully and nodded.

"So sorry to hear that, Mina.."

"It is okay, Nayeon.. I get used to it by now.. you don't have to worry about it.." Mina sheepishly smiles.

It is impossible for Nayeon not to worry about Mina. She softly asks, "May I help? If you don't mind of course.. It is just a little help, since I know you will need to tidy up your flat, and then there will be Sharon, too.. I believe your hands will be full... I can go to your place for a while, I don't have patients in the afternoon later.." she rambles.

"Nayeon," Mina hold Nayeon's shoulder to make her stop talking. "Relax... Yes, you may help, if that is what you want," she smiles again. "Stop rambling, please," she chuckles.

"Reeeaalllyy? You allow me?"

"You mean no harm, right? So I don't have reason not to allow you, Nayeon.."

"I was thinking that you are a quiet type person.. I don't want to keep bothering you,," Nayeon says.

"No, Nayeon, you are not a bother and I feel comfortable around you..." she says.

"Okay, I will come with you later, then,,, thank you, Mina... I hope that we can be good friends." Nayeon happily says.

"Of course, Nayeon... Now you better be going to your room because lots of patients are waiting, huh?"

"Alright, Minari...see you later," Nayeon salute her and Mina chuckles.

***

Time flies so quick... as quick as Nayeon's heart beat...she is looking forward to this afternoon.. She greets and treats every patient more cheerfully than usual. Sana questions her, "Good mood, huh?"

She nodded enthusiastically, "Mina allows me to accompany her later, Sanaaayaaaa...." and gives Sana a bear hug.

"Hahahahaha... so this is how Mina's effect on you.." Nayeon grins widely. "Happy for you, Nayeonniee.."

"Let's have lunch right now.. my stomach is grumbling already.." Nayeon brings Sana along to the cafeteria. She orders bibimbap with extra kimchi, while Sana orders some fried mandu and share them with Nayeon.

***

It is 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Nayeon visits Mina's room with a happy tummy and happy heart. She takes off her white coat, and just be confident with her flowery shirt and black pants. When she enters the room, she sees Mina is sitting at the sofa with Sharon in her arms. She is ready to go and just wait for Nayeon.

"Hi again, Mina.. are you ready?"

"Yes, Nayeon, I am ready, just waiting for you to come." she gives her gummy smile.

"Okay, let's go," Nayeon carries Mina's bags.

Mina gets up and covers Sharon with blanket, "Let's go."

***

They reach the flat in 10 minutes and Mina's room is at the 2nd floor. Nayeon presses the lift button and let Mina enters first. 

The elevator dings and they head out, looking for Room 243. Mina takes out the key card and open the door.

It is a medium size of flat, with one main bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen and a cozy living room. The same as Nayeon's and it is so practical for doctor like them. Mina's flat is decorated with mostly white furniture and some beige wooden kitchen appliances. It really suits Mina's simple personality. 

There are some boxes stacked in the living room, from Mina's previous apartment. "Welcome to my flat, Nayeon," Mina smiles.

"Thanks, Mina... where should I put your bags?"

"Oh, just put them in my bedroom.. I will tidy them up later," Mina allows Nayeon to get inside her bedroom.

There is a pink crib for Sharon and the ambience is mint colour, it is so calming and fresh. Nayeon put the bags on the table and gets out again.

"Nice bedroom, Mina..."

"Yes, I asked them to paint it with mint color, my favourite,, hehe" Mina giggles.

"So cute... the room I mean.." Nayeon corrects herself, though she gives that compliment for Mina though.

Then suddenly baby Sharon cries. She is hungry again. "Sorry, Nayeon, Sharon is hungry, I will feed her first,"

"No problem, Mina... just take your time," Mina goes inside her bedroom.

While waiting, Nayeon takes the initiative to open up the stacked boxes, so that Mina will not have to tidy them up again. She arranges the kitchen stuff, like coffee maker, plates, glasses, rice cooker, and some food in the fridge. She also wipes the dust from the TV counter in the living room, making sure that everything is clean, even for baby Sharon, since she needs hygiene surrounding.

After around 30 minutes, baby Sharon is asleep and puts her in the crib. Mina gets out from the room and found out that everything is being tidied up by Nayeon.

"Nayyy.. you did all of this?"

"Yes, Minaa...you and Sharon can just relax and enjoy the clean flat later," Nayeon smiles.

"Thank you, Nay... you must be tired and hungry.. Let me cook something for you," Mina says.

Mina is a healthy kind of person. She prepares cold oat with some fruits, she pours cold milk inside the bowl and cuts some fresh fruits. Nayeon just simply adoring her, she stands next to Mina and opens slightly, dreaming that Mina is hers. 

Nayeon's day dreaming is cut by Mina's whimper, "Ooucchh," Mina accidentally hurts her fore finger.

"OMG, Mina...you are bleeding,,," Nayeon shouted a little bit.

Mina is about to wash the finger, but Nayeon spontaneously cathches her hand and the blood from Mina's finger. Mina is shocked seeing Nayeon's action, but she just let her do that. Without she realizes, her face turns a little bit red.

Nayeon without thinking, keeps on Mina's finger, make sure that the blood stops flowing. She blows the finger to ease the pain, "Is it okay, now?" Nayeon asks and recognizes Mina's red face.

"OMG, so sorry, Mina.. I did not mean to do that,, It is just my reflect movement..." Nayeon apologizes.

Both of them feel awkward for a while...

"Hmm.. do you have the first aid kit here?" Nayeon asks to chill herself too.

"Yeah, yeah, in that cubby," Mina points to a cubby and Nayeon takes the first aid kit.

Nayeon continues to mend Mina's finger. She put some oinment and finally cover it with a band aid. "Mina, why your face is red? Is is that hurt?"

Mina is caught red handed, she cannot reply Nayeon's question, "Don't tell me that you fall for me a little bit," Nayeon chuckles and she earns a little slap on the arm from Mina.

Mina is laughing too, and just change the topic back to the food she makes. "Here, eat your food, and stop teasing me... I haven't fallen for you, Nayeon," she attacks back.

"Aaawww,,,," Nayeon pretends to get hurt and clenches her heart. Both of them chuckles again. 

They enjoy the food at the living room, they sit next to each other with some distance of course. "You are so good, Mina.. how come oat, milk and fruits can be this delicious,,,"

Mina laughs as Nayeon says those words,, "That is why you can come to my flat anytime, Nayeon.. I will provide you with healthy food..." Nayeon nods gladly.

After eating, Nayeon says goodbye to Mina as it is Saturday. She wants to take her belongings back in the hospital and have a Saturday night with Sana Jihyo.

"Alright, I think I'm gonna leave now, so you can have a rest, Mina... I'm having a Satuday night with Sana and Jihyo,,,maybe sometime you can join us, too.."

"Okay, have fun, Nayeon.. sure I will join the Saturday night next time... thank you for helping me and this," Mina is showing her fore finger.

Nayeon smiles and turns a little bit pink when she remembers what she did before.....

"Oh, ya, Mina.... hmmm... may I have your number? in case you want to ask about Sharon...?" Nayeon asks shyly, tapping his foot on the floor.

"Asking for Sharon or asking for you?" Mina teases.

"Aaaniiiyoooo...." Nayeon is caught red handed again... "Asking for both of you.." then she grins widely.

"Give me your phone," Nayeon takes out her phone and gives it to Mina. 

Mina types the number and saves it with the name Minari. "Done!"

Nayeon directly texts her to check the truth.

 

To: Minari

Checking whether this is the right number or not.

[Ding] Mina's phone lit up and she replies it.

To: Nayeonnie

Believe it now?

 

Both of them are chuckling..."See you, Mina..."

"Have a nice weekend, Nayeon," she waves goodbye.

***

Nayeon goes home, showers and gets ready for her weekend. Sana and Jihyo are waiting for her in the diner not too far from her flat. Dressed simply with black blouse, jeans and a black handbag, Nayeon is ready to share her story to her best friends.

Once Nayeon is arrived, they order 2 pans of pizza, pasta and soft drinks. It is like their cheat day to eat unhealthy food.

Nayeon tells her progress with Mina to her friends. "We are happy for you, Nay... just be yourself, remember,,, and do not expect for her to return your feeling soon.." Jihyo reminds.

"Yes, just give her some time, Nayeon,,, we haven't figured out about her condition with her ex-husband, right..." Sana adds.

"Yeah, guys... I know...I know.. I am so glad to be her friend first... eventhough at the end, she does not reciprocate my feeling, it does not matter. The most important thing is that she is happy..."

"So, you will be forever, Nay?" Jihyo smirks.

", right.... die as a ..." Nayeon puffs.

Hahahahahaha... three of them laugh out loud... They have such a nice night just to chill and catch up to each other.

***

Nayeon goes back home. It is already 10 o'clock. She changes into her short and comfy hoodie, ready to continue her 'me time' watching her favorite Netflix series. She goes to sleep around 12 o'clock..

5 a.m. [Rings...Rings...Rings..] Nayeon does not pick up her phone...

[Rings...Rings...Rings..] "Who the hell is that calling me at this hour!"

Nayeon wipes her eyes to see the name of the caller and widens her eyes when Minari's name lit up on her screen. She sits up quickly and answers the call.

"Woaaaa...woaaaaa..." Sharon's cries

"Nayeon, sorry to call you at this hour... but Sharon keeps on crying..it is already one hour.. can you come and help?"

"I'm coming!" she puts on her fluffy bunny slippers and runs outside.

[Bell Ding Dong] Nayeon presses the bell and Mina opens up, carrying Sharon.

"What happen?" Nayeon asks.

"I don't know, Nay... she suddenly cries.. I try to feed her, but she refuses... that is why I called you.."

"Okay, lay her down on the bed," Nayeon says.

Nayeon turns Sharon's body so she can rub her back. "Baby oil, Mina.." Nayeon starts to rub Sharon's back gently in a circular motion. 

After around 10 minutes, Sharon is getting calmer and she stops her cries. Mina is surprised to see that. "So, what happen with her, Nayeon?"

"I guess she is just having bad digestion tummy, it is okay, Mina.. you can just rub her back like this," Nayeon teaches Mina and she nodded.

While Nayeon keep on rubbing Sharon's back, Mina is checking out Nayeon. How her short shorts expose her smooth thighs and how cute she is wearing the pink hoodie. Just like a litte bunny covered up in a hoodie. She is smiling without Nayeon notices it.

Then, Nayeon covers Sharon with her blanket again and she carries her on her shoulders. "Mina, after that, you can carry her like this,,, let her head leans on your shoulder and tap her back softly..." for some seconds, Nayeon caught Mina is checking on her and she smirks, but she just let it pass.

Nayeon rocks Sharon and hums a children song again. It really makes Sharon snores lightly in her embrace. 

Mina loves to see this peaceful ambience every time Nayeon hums a song and her Sharon can go to dreamland right away. Her tears come out automatically and she sobs quietly.

"Hey, why do you cry, Mina?" Nayeon walks closer to Mina and rubs her back with her right hand. "Sharon is fine, now...you don't have to worry,,, stop crying, okay,,,"

"It is just so lovely to see how Sharon melts in your arms... and I was just wishing that if only you are her father," Mina sobs more.

"Shh..shh..Mina..." Nayeon keeps on rubbing her back.

Mina finally stops crying, "Sorry, Nayeon.. I was emotional..." 

"I understand that, Mina...don't cry okay.. I am always here for you," Nayeon wipes the tears from Mina's cheeks.

"Thank you, Nayeon.."

"Here, drink first... " Nayeon offers the glass to Mina.

Then, both of them sit on the bed, while Sharon is still on Nayeon's shoulder sleeping peacefully.

"Mina... I don't know what you are facing right now with your ex-husband,,, But I can assure you that anytime you want to open up and share it with me, just call me, okay... or if you just need help or friend, do not hesitate to text me," Nayeon says sincerely. "and plus, I suggest that you not to feel stress out, or else it can affect your milk production and it will affect Sharon too.. just try to be happy, okay," Nayeon smiles at her.

"Alright, Nayeon,, I am trying my best not to think about the complicated stuff and I am grateful to know you... you can make me happy and forget about my problems..." Mina says.

"Yes, just come to me or ask me to visit you... so you won't be alone.." Nayeon grins.

Without they realize, it is already an hour Sharon is sleeping on Nayeon's shoulder. Finally that little baby wakes up and hungry again.

"Oh, I will feed her, Nayeon," Mina is asking Nayeon to give Sharon back, but otherwise,, "Just lay down, Mina..." Nayeon instructs Mina.

"Why?"

"Feed her in sleeping position. It will make her feel better..." Nayeon explains.

Mina follows Nayeon's instruction, she is laying down on her bed. "Turn sideways, Mina..." and Mina follows.

Nayeon puts Sharon next to Mina. She positions Sharon's mouth near to Mina's . "Now, you can feed her," Nayeon turns her body back so she will not see her again. Mina chuckles seeing Nayeon's reaction.

Once Sharon latches on, Mina says, "You can turn your body now, Nayeon.... Why are you still shy?"

"Yaaaa.... of course... you are not just any woman, Mina.. you are different with my other patients... I don't have feelings for them," she pouted cutely.

Mina giggles even more, "Yes, yes, I know, I just want to tease you..."

"So mean.." she puffs her cheeks..

"You are cuter like that, you know..."

"Okay, I guess Sharon is fine now, and she is comfortable,,, I will go back to my flat,," Nayeon says.

"You are not angry, right?" Mina asks.

"No, Mina... I am just sleepy,,," she points at her eyes.

"Okay, Nayeon..sorry for disturbing your sleeping time.. Thank you for helping me..."

"No worries, Mina.. just text or call me if something happens...See you later.."

"See you, Nayeon.." Mina says...

***

That is Nayeon's first weekend with Mina and Sharon.