Chapter 9 - Shy

Hospitaluv

Day by day, Nayeon often spends time with her fans, either some nurses or doctors. She is just too friendly with everyone and it makes Mina burns inside. "Curse that memory loss!" Mina pouts. 

It is lunch time and she sees Nayeon is having lunch with 2 other nurses. Mina is holding her food tray while glaring at laughing Nayeon. Then there is a tap on her shoulder, "Just eat with us, Mina..." Sana says. Three of them sit not far from Nayeon's table. They can hear her grande laughters and it makes Mina sighs.

"So, you really start to like her, huh?" Jihyo asks.

"Yes, Ji....what should I dooo? Why she has not gain her memory back?" Mina pouts.

"Aishhh...that bunny.... she never does something like this before,,,she always declines any lunch or dinner invitation...." Jihyo protests.

"Maybe because her memory of Mina is not in her mind right now,,,so she thinks that she is single and she has this freedom to go out with anybody," Sana adds.

"Really? She never accepts any invitation before?" Mina curiously asks.

"Yup, Mina... she is so loyal to you,,,until she thinks that she cheats on you if she accepts those invitations.." Jihyo explains.

"Poor her, though... holding on to a feeling for 7 years is not easy, Mina... and she had to see you with V back then... and she still smiles no matter what decision you made coz she just wants you to be happy..." Sana sighs.

Mina feels guilty after hearing Sana and Jihyo explanations. She knows that she has hurt Nayeon indirectly, but at that time, she could not do anything, her heart was not beating for Nayeon before. But now....everything is different.

"Mina, why don't you invite her this Saturday...like our Saturday night..just tell her that there will be me and Sana..." Jihyo suggests. "But we are not coming, so you can have your time with Nayeon alone..."

"That sounds good, Ji," Sana claps her hands.

"Huh? but where should I bring her? I mean, I am new to this kind of relationship..." Mina shyly admits.

"Hahahahaha...that is true, though,, you are just turning to gay..." Jihyo laughs.

"Hey, you have an expert here.. I am gay, too.. and I am experienced," Sana winks and that makes Mina chuckles.

"So, you can ask her to our usual diner, and then bring her to a park.. that will be romantic, Mina... walking together at night, under the stars, holding hands,,,and.." Sana hallucinating.

"Yaaa.....!" Jihyo slaps her arms.

"That is a good scenario, though...right, Mina.." Sana says..

"Yes, that is good, Sana... but the problem is I never dated a girl before,,, it is strange when you are the one who takes the initiative..." Mina says.

"Don't worry,,,,later when Nayeon's memory is back, she will be the one who takes the initiatives.. you know, she loves you so much..." Jihyo adds and Sana nods.

"So, text her or talk to her directly before someone else takes her Saturday schedule," Sana supports.

"Okay, I will text her now," Mina agrees.

To: Nayeonnie

Are you free this Saturday?

Wanna go out with me?

Mina sent the text and three of them see Nayeon's reaction. She takes out her phone and reads it. She smiles and types back.

To: Mina

Wow..so sudden.. What time?

To: Nayeonnie

I will pick you up at 5 p.m.

To: Mina

Okay, Mina.. See you on Saturday ;)

"She agrees," Mina reports.

"Good then,,,, you have to plan your move... just be natural, Mina...don't force yourself.. Nayeon is a type of person who appreciates little things.." Jihyo explains.

"Alright, thank you, guys..." Mina says.

"Smile now,,, you pretty face is gone if you keep on pouting like that...." Sana jokes.

***

Saturday afternoon.

Mina is rolling around her bed. She feels so nervous about this kind of date. She is overthinking everything...her clothes..words..how she should talk and walk...all mixed up in her mind.

"Mommy, what happen?" Sharon asks.

"Oh, nothing, baby,,, Mommy just confuse.."

"Why?" she asks again.

"Because I will have dinner with auntie Nayeon.." Mina explains and Sharon chuckles.

"Yeaayyy,,, mommy is having a date.. will you kiss auntie Nayeon, mommy?" she jokes.

"Aishhh,,,, you are still a little girl,,, how come you ask that kind of question... you make mommy shy..."

"Don't worry, mommy, everything is going to be okay.. Auntie Nayeon is a kind person..." Sharon says. "Wear something pretty, okay, mommy..."

Sharon goes out from the room and play with the nanny outside. Mina is checking her wardrobe to choose the right clothes to wear. Her options goes to a simple purple dress, a flat shoes and a sling bag.

***

Time to pick up Nayeon. She nervously walks to Nayeon's flat and keep thinking about what she should do. 

[Door bell rings] Mina is tapping her foot to make her calm.

[Click] Nayeon opens the door and sees a charming Mina..."Woow,,, you are so pretty, Mina..."

Mina shyly looks down and blushes, "You are cool, too, Nayeon..." Nayeon is wearing a simple T-shirt, jeans and black jacket. It is so simple yet so fit for Nayeon.

"Let's go then..." Nayeon is locking her door and walking next to Mina.

"Sooo, where will we go today?" Nayeon asks.

"Hmm...how about the usual diner that you like to go with Sana and Jihyo?" Mina suggests.. 

"Yepp...that would be nice... It is quite some time I do not visit that diner.."

They walk side by side, enjoying the evening breeze, yeah Mina rarely goes out to enjoy the surroundings. After a couple of minutes, Mina does not like the way they walk. It is not like when Nayeon walks with JeongYeon. So, she inhales deeply and collects her courage and link her arm to Nayeon.

Nayeon is a little surprised by Mina's action and she looks at their linked arms, "Are you cold, Mina?" Nayeon asks.

"Oh, no, Nayeon, I am fine.. I just like to walk like this," Mina tries to find an excuse.

"Okay, tell me if you feel cold, alright.." Nayeon smiles and she nods.

It is the first time Mina tries to initiate skin ship in terms of having a relationship with a girl. It feels kind of strange and odd, but Mina also feels comfortable around Nayeon. Maybe because Nayeon radiates a positive vibe that she never experience before even with boys.

They arrive at the diner, and the waitress there knows Nayeon so well and she is pretty, too. "Hey, Nayeon.. long time no see,,"

"Hey, Tzuyu.... yeah, I was kind of busy lately..." Nayeon gives Tzuyu a friendly hug and Mina tries to keep it cool.

"Where is Sana and Jihyo?" she asks.

"Oh, I am not coming with them today.... I am with another friend...." Nayeon looks at Mina... "Mina..this is Tzuyu,,,, Tzuyu, this is Mina.." they both shake hands.

"She is so pretty, Nayeon..." Tzuyu teases. 

"Yeah, I know, right..." Nayeon giggles and makes Mina blushes.

"Enjoy your dinner, Nay... Call me if you are ready to order.." Tzuyu signs off.

Nayeon and Mina sit next to the big window so they can cherish the view of the city. Nayeon sits accross of Mina so she can look at her properly.

"What do you want, Mina? Just order, everything will be on me.."

"Hey, I am the one who asks you out.. It is on me, Nayeon.."

"I never let a pretty lady to pay for me, Mina..." she winks at her. "Don't worry.... I always get discount, though.." both of them giggles.

Then, they order the food through Tzuyu, a pan of medium size pepperoni pizza, a basket of chicken wings, and 2 glasses of soda. While waiting, they are chatting about general things as for Nayeon, Mina is a new friend of her. So, she asks things about Sharon, about her daily life, and so on.

When the food arrive, Mina pours out quite amount of ketchup, "Woooww,, a big fan of ketchup?" Nayeon teases.

"Xixixixi,,, yeppp,,, that is another unique thing about me," Mina laughs.

"Okay,, Minariii.... let's eat..."

"Hmm... it is so delicious, Nayeon..." Mina impressed by the taste.

"Yeah, right.. that is why Sana and Jihyo always spend our Saturday night here... Glad that you like it too, Mina.." Nayeon chuckles when she sees there is ketchup on Mina's lips. She lunges forward and wipes the ketchup with her thumb, then it, leaving Mina speechless.

"What are you doing, Nayeon?" Mina blushes so hard.

"Nothing, I just wiped the ketchup.."

"With your thumb and then you it?" Mina feels so red.

"Save the tissue, Mina.." Nayeon laughs.

Just a little gesture like that makes Mina's heart melts. This new feeling really drives Mina crazy. She wants to say it out loud, but she cannot.

After they are done eating, Mina brings Nayeon to a nearby park. They walk again with Mina linked their arms.

"It is such a lovely night, right, Mina..." Nayeon starts the conversation.

"Yes, Nayeon... Is it okay if we stay for a while in that bench? I want to see the stars..." Mina requests.

"Of course, Mina.."

In the park, there are not many people,,, just a couple of love birds and some teenagers playing skateboard. When they are about to sit on the bench, a skateboarder accidentally bumps Nayeon shoulder. She losses her balance and almost hits the ground, but luckily Mina is holding her arm to steady her. Due to the sudden bump, Nayeon's head is aching again... "Aaarrrgghh...my head..."

"Nayeon, are you okay?" Mina asks worriedly.

In a flash, Nayeon's memory comes out, images of events that happened in the past pops up in Nayeon's mind. She sees everything, from Mina's college time...Mina's baby...Mina being with V..Jackson kidnapped Sharon..Jackson torturing her, JeongYeon asked her out... she eats lunch and dinner with other girls... All of her memory is back.

"Nayeon..Nayeon...speak to me..." Mina shakes her body.

Nayeon tries to open her eyes slowly, her blurry vision starts to get clearer and she sees Mina's panic face and voice.

"Mina... is it you?" Nayeon asks.

"Yes, Nayeon.. it is me, Mina..."

"I.. I remember, Mina...I remember everything..." Nayeon hugs Mina tightly makes Mina startled of the sudden closeness. "I am so sorry, Mina, I could not remember you before.. I am sorry I went out with other girls.. I am sorry for not considering your feeling.. I am sorry for cheating on you, Minariii.. I promise..I promise I will not do that again,,Forgive me, Mina..." Nayeon sobs.

Mina breaks the hug, "Nayeon! Calm down... You don't have to apologize...It is not your fault..." Mina brings Nayeon to sit on the bench.

"Hear me, Nayeon... I am the one who suppose to say sorry for not reciprocating your feeling.. I am the one who suppose to say sorry for all Jackson's deed to you,,you are having injuries because of him..and you saved my Sharon, too.." Mina sobs, too.

"Noo, Mina... don't ever say that anymore... you have the full right not to reciprocate my feeling.... you are not into girls... don't blame yourself for that.." Nayeon says softly and wipes the tears on Mina's cheeks. "I just want to see you happy, Mina..."

"Nayeon... I want... I want to try..." Mina speaks shyly.

"What do you want to try?" Nayeon asks.

"I want to try to love you.."

"Whaaat?"

"Yes, Nayeon, I said that I want to try to love you..." Mina repeats and holds Nayeon's hands.

"Oh my goodness,,, Mina,,, you don't have to force yourself, okay... I am perfectly fine with our friendship.. I am grateful enough to see you again and now were friends,,, that is more than enough for me.." Nayeon assures her.

"So, you never feel jealous when I was with V?" Mina smirks.

"Ah..hmm.. I did... but it was just a process..sooner or later I can accept the reality...and I respect your decision.." Nayeon replies.

"So now, would you respect my decision to love you back?" Mina challenges.

"Mina,,,are you sure? I mean you are straight, Mina..."

"People can change, Nayeon..." Mina smiles..

"Is it because of pity?" Nayeon asks.

"No, Nayeon.. I don't pity you or want to repay you.... It is really happening inside me, Nayeon.." Mina takes Nayeon's hand and puts it on her chest. "Can you feel my heart beat drums crazily because of you...?"

"OMG...Mina... Don't do that again...." she retreats her hand from Mina's chest. "It is not appropriate to touch you like that.." Nayeon is blushing so hard. It is just Mina's chest though,, not her s...but it makes Nayeon crazy already.

Mina chuckles seeing Nayeon's reaction, "Such a gentle lady," Mina teases.

"Yaaa!!!! It is lucky that I don't have nose bleed right away..." Nayeon pouts and Mina laughs louder.

"So, may I try to love you, Nayeon?" Mina asks again with her angelic voice.

"Are you 100% really really sure?" Nayeon asks again and Mina nods happily. "Okay,,okay,, wait..." Nayeon gets up and moves around the park. She is searching something in the bushes.

After she finds what she is looking for, she goes back to Mina. Nayeon creates a simple ring made of twigs and small flowers. Then, she kneels down, "Do you want to be my girlfriend, Myoui Mina?"

Mina feels touched by Nayeon's romantic gesture. It is true what Jihyo and Sana said. Nayeon is such a gentle lady. "Yes, Nayeon, I want to be your girlfriend.." Nayeon puts on the ring to Mina's ring finger and kisses her hand softly. "Thank you, my lady.." Nayeon says.

"Whooaahh..what a sudden change of plan..." Nayeon murmurs, swiping her invisible sweat from her forehead.

"Such a dork..." Mina chuckles. "I like the ring, Nayeon.. thank you..."

"Hihi... I will buy you the real one soon..." she gives her bunny smile.

"Mina.... I am not dreaming, right?" Nayeon suddenly worried.

Mina pinches Nayeon's cheek, "No, bunny..." and they laugh again.

Finally, they can spend the night watching the stars together.... They still cannot believe on what just happened between them. From college crush, friends, losing the memory..and find their way back. Nayeon keep on smiling and Mina smiles too. 

"Satisfied looking at the stars?" Nayeon asks.

"Yeppp..."

"Let's go home then, I cannot wait to meet Sharon..." Nayeon says.

"Ooohh,, that little kid must be happy to hear about our relationship.." Mina rolls her eyes.

"Hahahahaha.... she is so cute, Mina..." Nayeon offers her hand to help Mina stands up. "Oh, since you are my girl now, I don't want my girl to catch a cold... here, wear my jacket.."

"Then how about you? You can catch a cold, too.."

"Nah, Mina... being by your side makes my body burning inside.. so I am okay without jacket.." she laughs.

"So cheezy..." Mina slaps her arm.

"Oh, I have tons of cheezy stuff, Minaaaa... just prepare for that.." she winks.

Mina puts on Nayeon's jacket... Nayeon wraps Mina's shoulder this time and Mina slips her hand on Nayeon's waist. OMG, they are couple now. They walk silently, processing every feeling they are having and just enjoying each other's presence.

***

Mina opens her flat and finds Sharon is watching TV with the nanny. "Mommyyyy... you are back..." Mina kneels down to hug her daughter. "Miss you, little princess."

"Auntieeee,,, you are here, too...!" Sharon jumps happily.

"Heeyy, Sharoonnn.. I miss you so much..." Nayeon ruffles her hair. "Let's play!"

"Yeaaayyyy..." they go the living room and directly play.

Mina smiles looking at those duo. So fit to each other. Mina prepares some drink and snack for Nayeon and Sharon, then she changes her clothes to a more comfortable one.

Mina joins Nayeon and Sharon play. They often laugh because of Sharon's actions...after around 30 minutes, Sharon feels sleepy. Mina and Nayeon kisses her good night and tuck her in bed.

"Wanna watch a movie together, Mina?" Nayeon asks.

"Yeah, that will be good... it is still 8 o'clock though.." Mina agrees.

Nayeon sits on the couch, turns on the TV and searches for any good movie. Mina sits next to her. Before the movie starts, Nayeon hesitantly asks, "Wanna cuddle?"

Mina blushes, "That sounds good.."

Nayeon moves herself to the edge of the couch, she leans on the arm rest, then open her arms so Mina can settle in. Mina slowly lays down and leans on Nayeon.

Oh my goodness... why am I feeling like this? I used to be the bold one before, I was not ashamed when I fed Sharon in front of Nayeon. But now, only leaning on her, fastens my heart beats. Her two mounds pressed on my back give an awkward feeling runs down in my veins. Mina thought.

Nayeon's mind also not working properly. When Mina leans in, it feels so strange yet she is so enthusiastic. Finally she can have Mina in her arms, she can touch Mina with a touch from a loved one, not just friends. Nayeon is so happy.

After Mina settles comfortably, Nayeon lays her other hand under Mina's chin. Both of their hearts drum crazily, it is Nayeon's first time as a to have a date, and it is Mina's first time as a gay. What a funny and romantic situation when both of them want to try and explore new thing.

The movie starts... it is a romantic comedy movie... They laugh throughout the movie, and Nayeon kisses Mina's head several time. Mina feels at ease with Nayeon,, Nayeon makes her feels relax, and with the kisses on her head, Mina thinks that Nayeon is gentle and she can feel her love.

Mina holds Nayeon's hand that settles under her chin. She can feel Nayeon's soft skin. Nayeon's crispy laughters make Mina laughs too. It is such a fine evening with Nayeon.

Nayeon really cannot believe that this is happening. She has been keeping her feeling for Mina, and now she can pour it out bit by bit. She smells Mina's hair and it smells so good. Nayeon kisses Mina's head and inhales her scent and locks it in her brain. She wants to remember every inch of Mina.

The movie ends, Nayeon turns off the TV. She tightens her hugs and whispers on Mina's ear, "Thank you, Mina.. you make me the happiest person on Earth.."

Mina turns her body so she can see Nayeon's face, but in turns out that they are too close. Mina tries to stay cool, "Thank you, too, Nayeon.. I really enjoy our time today,"

"Hehehe...me too, Mina..." Nayeon smiles. "May I?" Nayeon points at Mina's forehead,,, and Mina nods.

She kisses Mina's forehead nice and slow, "You are my precious, Mina.." Mina can feel Nayeon's soft lips and she automatically closes her eyes. "I will try my best to make you happy, princess..."

Mina opens her eyes and looks at Nayeon's eyes. They are shining and full of sincerity. "Thank you, Nayeon... I am going to fall for you, for sure..." Mina blushes.

"I am waiting for that moment, Mina..." she smiles back.

***

"Okay, it is time for me to go back to my flat... You need to rest, honey..." Nayeon says and Mina blushes even more hearing that nick name.

"Oh, yeah, that is one of my cheezy lines..." Both of them get up from the couch. Nayeon takes her jacket and ready to leave Mina's flat.

"Pass my kisses to Sharon, okay..." Mina nods. "I am going to visit again tomorrow... just text me when you are available, okay.."

"Alright,,, have a good rest, Nayeon.. thank you once again..." Mina waves her hand.

"Good night, Minari,, dream about me, okay,,," she winks at skips happily to her flat.

Mina is laughing seeing how cute and childish Nayeon is. She closes the door and heads to her bedroom. She washes her face and brushes her teeth. 

[Beep] her phone dings.

To: Minari

Miss you already...

See you in a dreamland, Minariii...😘

To: Nayeonnie

Nighty nite, Nayeonnie...

Have a sweet dream with me..🥰

 

Both of them drifted to dream land with a big smile on their faces. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️