PRODUCE PT 7

Idol life of Z

After an amazing night, Zat was knocked out sleeping with Chaewon laying on his chest also sleeping. Just a few hours later, Zat was disturbed by the sound of his phone ringing. He then searched for his phone half awake while trying not to make much noise because Chaewon was sleeping. His phone was in his pants which was in the kitchen. He then slowly moves Chaewon and went to grab his phone. It was a call from Hakyeon.

Zat: Oh Hyung why?

Hakyeon: Why? Why?

Zat: Oh yes why hyung?

Hakyeon: Check the time.

Zat: Ok wait. Its 2am.

Hakyeon: And where are you?

Zat was half awake but was fully awoke when Hakyeon asked that.

Zat: (, I forgot I'm at Chaewon's house) 

Hakyeon:  Were you sleeping? Why do you sound like that.

Zat: Uhhhh.....yes I was.

Hakyeon: Where did you sleep? Back at the company's dorm?

Zat thought that it was no use in lying anymore.

Zat: No hyung....

Hakyeon: Then?

Zat: I'm at.....(sighs) I'm at Chaewon's house.

Hakyeon: What....WHAT.

Zat: Hyung let me explain...

Hakyeon: You don't have to explain. I know what exactly went down.

Zat: Hyung....

Hakyeon: You slept with her didn't you.

Zat: Yes. 

Hakyeon: Bro...oh my god.

Zat: Wait you're not mad?

Hakyeon: No Zat I'm proud, bro.... Didn't know you could pulled that.

Zat: Ayy bro

Hakyeon: Sheesh bro.

Its was a bro moment between the two.

Hakyeon: Anyway come back before morning. You went out without permission right.

Zat: Yes...

Hakyeon: You might be in trouble if the staff caught you. 

Zat: Alright then. See you later.

Zat then ends the call and put on his clothes back on. Then he goes back in Chaewon's room where he sees her awake covered in blankets. Chaewon's half awake face smiling at him with her eyes closed while covering herself with blankets was the cutest thing Zat has ever seen. Enough to make him break a smile melting his heart. Zat then goes to Chaewon and patted her head.

Zat: Oppa has to go now.

Chaewon: Hmmm? Why? (In a weak voice as she was half awake)

Zat: (chuckles) I wanna stay but they're looking for me..

Chaewon: Who oppa?

Zat: My members at the camp.

Chaewon pouts hearing that sad that Zat has to go.

Chaewon: Alright then bye oppa...

Zat: But before that...will you be okay though?

Chaewon: You mean?

Zat: I did release it inside you. Won't you get...

Chaewon: Its fine oppa. I took pills earlier before we did it. I kinda knew that this would happen

Zat: (smiles) okay then. I'll go now.

As Zat was about to leave then Chaewon stomach growled making him stop and laugh. 

Zat: You hungry?

Chaewon: A little bit.

Zat: (smiles) Let's eat then. I'll cook for you.

Zat then gave his jacket to Chaewon.

Zat: Here, cover up.

Chaewon then used the jacket and went to the kitchen together with Zat. Chaewon then sat at the dining table and just watched Zat do his thing. Zat then whips out his chef skills cooking real fast. Zat was cutting the ingredients fast and precise and basically playing with fire. Chaewon just sat there in amazement. After putting a show, he then plates the food and served it. They then started to eat

Chaewon: Wow.....

Zat: How is it?

Chaewon: Its really delicious. I didn't know you can cook Oppa

Zat: Before I was a trainee I was trained to be a chef. 

Chaewon: Owhh. Wow your quite capable. Can cook, can sing, can dance, also trained in martial arts. Perfect.

Zat: (laughs) by the way, How you know I used to train in martial arts?

Chaewon: Hakyeon oppa told me.

Zat: He did? why?

Chaewon: Because I asked about your fight..

Zat: Hmm okay. Hey I won that fight just so you know.

Chaewon: I know (gigles)

After eating Zat grabbed his things and was getting ready to leave. Before he walked out the door, Chaewon stopped him by tugging on his shirt.

Chaewon: Hey

Zat: Hmm?

Chaewon: Before you go....

Zat: Yes?

Chaewon: W..what are we?

Zat: What do you mean?

Chaewon: What are we? What's our relationship? I told you that I like you. I wanna know how you feel too?. Or is this just a one time thing.

Zat smiled at Chaewon and pulled her in for a hug and Chaewon hugged back burying her head in Zat's chest.

Zat: Hey, I told you right that I like you too right. Depends on you, how do you want us to be?

Chaewon: We're dating then. Starting from today.

Zat: (smirks) Alright then but I gotta go now Chaewon ah.

Chaewon: Okay (sulks). See you then oppa.

Zat: By the way I like that you're calling me oppa now.

Chaewon: You told me to call you that.

Zat: I know but you being older than me kinda makes it different.

Chaewon: You don't like it?

Zat: No, I like it very much. Make my heart flutter

Chaewon: Then I'll keep calling you that oppa.

They the part slowly letting their hands go. Zat then walks out the house while waving Chaewon goodbye. He then went back to the camp by a taxi.

When he arrived he had to sneak back in the boys dorm so the staff wouldn't notice him. He then was able to reach his room without detection where he saw s and Chilsong sleeping already. He then went to sleep also.

The next morning, all the trainees was woken up an alarm played on the ceiling speaker. All of them were told through an announcement that they have to get ready and gather at the set where they did the first class evaluation because today was the ranking announcement. Meaning trainees that receive a certain rank will be eliminated from the show. The announcement got everybody tense except for the Cube Trainees. Zat and the others were confident except for Chilsong. They then get ready to head out but before that

Hakyeon: Ya Zat what time did you come?

Zat: Around 3:35am.

Kiho: Oh yeah, where did you go hyung?

Zat: Somewhere...you know

Kiho looks at Zat in disbelief 

Xuan: Hmmm they'll never tell us anything.

Haku: Right.

Hakyeon: Zat slept at someone's house.

Haku: What really? Who's?

Zat: Hyung....please...

Hakyeon: Might as well tell them Zat.

Zat: (sigh) But...

Haku: Hyung we're a team right hyung? Just tell us

Kiho: Where did you go hyung?

Zat: I had a sleepover at a trainee house

Xuan: Which trainee? Boy or.....

Zat: The female trainee.

Chilsong: OH MY GOD THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, IS IT?

Zat: Yes. Its Trainee Kim Chaewon.

Kiho: You didn't. OH MY how?

Xuan: That's crazy hyung.

Haku: You slept at her house?

Zat: Yes.

Hakyeon: Why were you even there?

Zat: I didn't tell you this but yesterday I had a date with her yesterday.

Chilsong: That's why you were gone.

Zat: Then after the date, I decided to have dinner in her house.

Xuan: Did you.......

Zat: Things happened and Yes I slept with her.

The members the jump around hyped and excited about it.

Chilsong: That's crazy hyung.

Xuan: Wow...

Zat: Also, me and Chaewon are kinda dating now.

Kiho: After just one date

Zat: Its a long story

Hakyeon: Aigoo....What has happened to our old Zat. Bring him back punk.

Hakyeon said while grabbing Zat's collar playfully.

Zat: Anyways don't tell anyone about this. You got it?

The members and Chilsong: YES

They then went to take a shower and head to the cafeteria for breakfast. After that they put on the Produce uniform which was basically a school uniform. Then they head out to the set. Going back to the set gave them a bit of nostalgia about when they first came. All the trainees male and female were seated in front of the set. The set had chairs with numbers indicating their ranks. Everybody was tense at the thought of getting eliminated. A few minutes later Mentor Rain entered.

Rain: Hello everyone

Trainees: (bows) Hello sunbaenim.

Rain: As you know today is elimination day meaning some of you will leave the show.

Trainees: Yes.

Rain: Before we start I just want to tell you that this is not the end. Most of you are still young and the future is unknown. Your success might not be here but it is surely out there. Don't give up okay.

Trainees: Thank you.

Some trainees were already letting tears out. The atmosphere was getting even more tense.

Rain: Alright then. We will proceed to the next mission only with 60 trainees each from the male and female trainees. Meaning 41 trainees from each sides will be sent home today. As you know you ranking will be decided by the number viewers who votes for you online. If you're rank is below the 60th place means you have to leave the show. 

Rain then proceeds to announced the name of boy trainees that survived starting at the 60th place up to the 1st. After a while it was finally the top 20.

Rain: 18th place from Cube ent, Yan Xuan.

Xuan then went to his at the chair with his ranking on the set.

Rain: 16th place from Cube Ent, Kim Kiho

Kiho then goes to his seat.

Rain: 13th place from Cube ent, Yamamura Haku

Haku also went to his seat. After that it was now the top 10 trainees. The most popular trainees.

Rain: 9th place from Cube ent.... Lee Hakyeon.

Hakyeon was visibly happy as he let's out a massive smile while getting to his seat.

Rain: 8th place.....

Zat was getting nervous as his name was not called out yet. He held hand with Chilsong who also wasn't called. They were nervous despite being confident earlier.

Rain: 8th place from Cube ent, Zat

Zat jumped out of his seat celebrating. He was suprised that he ranked that high.

Rain: Trainee Zat jumped in ranks from 14th place to 8th place. He exploded in popularity after his performance of Mirotic which caught many of the viewers eyes.

After he went to his ranked seat, he saw Chaewon who was quietly rooting for him with a cute smile. It melted his heart making him smile back. The ranking announcement for the boys finally ended with trainee Kim Yohan as the 1st place for now. Zat was sad afterwards because Chilsong's name wasn't called meaning he got eliminated. Zat was upset that his one and only roommate was going home leaving him alone again. Zat then went to Chilsong who was crying and gave him a hug comforting him. The trainees that got eliminated was sent home immediately after that while the ones that survived stayed at the set now waiting and hearing the ranking announcement for the girls.

Like the boys, the female trainees will also be announced from 60th to the 1st place. As they were announcing the result Zat got anxious as he waits for something.

Rain: 21st place from Woolim ent.....Kim Chaewon

Zat: YEEESS

Zat's voice echoed through the whole set surprising people. Zat was flustered at the situation and his face turned cherry red.

Rain: Yes Zat shi?

Zat: Oh Nonono, there was a bug near me...yeah

Rain: Okay then, please sit still while I announce the results.

Zat: Yes sorry....(laughs awkwardly)

The members laughed at him. Zat who was embarrassed looked around and saw Chaewon who also laughed because she found him cute. After the rankings for the girls were finished, they were then revealed the new mission. The mission was now divided into 3 section, Vocal, Rap and Dance performance. Trainees were asked to choose which section they wanted to do for another stage performance just five days from now. 

Rain: As you can see there are 3 types of performances. Vocal, Rap and dance. You can choose which you wanna perform. But each section limits only to 20 people. The top trainees will be able to choose which type performance they want to do starting from the 1st place trainee to the 60th. Meaning some of you in the low ranks might not be able to do the performance you want if the section reaches the number of limit. You will have to choose the other sections. Understand?

Zat: Even though I'm a vocalist if the limit number of people in Vocal section is reached, I won't be able to to it?

Rain: Yes that's correct. You'll have to choose either between Rap or Dance if that ever happens even though your a VOCALIST.

Trainees in the low rank started to get nervous.

Rain: Each section is limited to 20 people only and they will be divided into two. Meaning within the section there will be two teams and they will battle with each other. The winner of each sections will receive a 1000 bonus votes.

The trainees were shocked at the bonus amount of bonus votes. The trainees then decides which type of performance they want to do. Zat, Hakyeon and Kiho chose vocal. While Xuan and Haku chose rap. They were then asked to go each others respective practice room.

In the Vocal practice room

Hakyeon, Zat, Kiho and 17 other male trainees sat in the practice room quietly. They then told to make to teams of their own choosing. The boy trainees then went around recruiting for members. Luckily Hakyeon and Zat was able to be on a same team while Kiho was in the other team. This is the first time they actually went against each other. Meanwhile Haku and Xuan were also able to be in one team. Zat teased Kiho that his team was gonna lose.

Zat: Ya Kiho. I'll apologise early for beating your team.

Kiho: Wow confident eh..

Zat: Of course, we have Hakyeon hyung with us.

Kiho: Cheater. Don't worry we'll see soon.

The rivalry between the two teams intensifies. They were also told they get to choose any song that want. They then spent the whole day choosing a song, memorizing the lyrics, distributing parts and practice singing.

After a long day the boys was about to head back to the dorms but they were stopped by the staff.

Staff: There's a sudden emergency

Hakyeon: Emergency? What emergency?

Staff: The girls dorms had a gas leak currently and we are still finding the source.

Zat: What? are they okay?

Staff: The girls are fine. We were able to evacuate them early but...

Kiho: But what?

Staff: Since we are still figuring out where the gas leak is the girls dorm are closed for now. Meaning you boys are gonna share your dorms with them.

The male trainees: WHAAAT?