CHAPTER 1

Anyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bae Wooyeon, you can come in now. Hold my hand, please." 

The nurse is so nice. She even let me hold onto her arm. Sometime, there's a nurse who don't even care if I know which room I should enter. At least today I got a nice nurse assisting me in. 

"Miss Bae, it's good to see you!" My doctor is always enthusiastic when he saw me. 

"Sadly I can't see you." I pulled an attempt to joke but it didn't goes well. 

"Don't say that. I'm doing my best to find a donor for you. You can't say things like that. I'm not giving up yet, Wooyeon." 

I heard him said as I felt his hands on my shoulder. I can just smile blindly towards my doctor that I can't even see what his face looks like. Whether he's old or young, handsome or not, and whether he is married or single. 

"Are you married?" I heard him snorted. 

"Apparently God didn't think that I actually need someone to be married to when I choose to be a doctor instead of a gallery owner." He chuckled as I flail my hands inside my bag and take my camera out. 

"Do you mind if I take your picture, again?" I always took his picture even when I can't see it. 

"Why not?" 

I can sense where his voice come from so I have a rough idea where he is seated. He helped me pointing my camera towards him. I proceed to click the button and after the shutter sound, I asked him to look at it. 

"Well, I look pretty good here." I smiled when I heard him. 

"Are you good looking?" 

"Hurmm...take a guess." He said cheekily and I can just shook my head because I can never imagine how did he look like. 

"Well, when I find you a donor, we can proceed to your operation, and you can see by yourself then." There's a hint of smile in his voice. But I can't pull myself to smile at that.

"Don't give me false hope. I'm on my way accepting the fact that I can never see again." 

My blindness wasn't a natural occurence. It was caused by too much crying back then when I was 21. 8 years ago, I lose my parents in a fire. I cried everyday for God knows how long and one day, I just feel like I'm in an endless tunnel. Then I realize, I can't see anymore. 

"I'm not giving you false hope, Wooyeon. I'm finding them for you to be able to see me later. Let's not give up, Wooyeon." 

 

🥀🥀🥀 

 

In another place, a guy is holding his paintbrush with a wine glass on the side. His friends keep looking at him in worry. 

"Jihoon, you gotta stop drinking. It is not good for your health. You've been drinking non-stop from three days ago. I honestly wonder why you didn't die yet." Wonwoo scoffed as he stare at his friend. 

"I thought his lung is made from steel and stomach made from cast iron." Mingyu sneered from the other side. 

"And why is he like this, again?" Seungcheol looks like he's about to murder the friend that is in his own world. 

"Because nothing hit him for a week and he's about to pull a Ronin." Wonwoo rub his forehead, feeling a headache creeping in. 

"Let's get you to the hospital when I ask nicely. Before I become the reason you're sent to the hospital." 

Jihoon finally turn to his friends. He can only sigh as he look at Seungcheol who had been walking out of his so called shrine. He throw his paint brush on the floor, making Wonwoo and Mingyu flinched a bit. 

"Don't give me that attitude. I'm trying to make sure you don't die under my watch. Your parents are gonna kill me and very much you if they saw you like this."

After few banter, they finally arrived at the hospital. 

"Is Doctor Hong in?" Seungcheol goes to he counter when Jihoon, Mingyu and Wonwoo sat over the chair. 

Jihoon looked around, watching people. Trying to find something that he can use as a muse to his paintings. He felt so hopeless in the past weeks that he can't think of anything impactful to paint on his canvas. 

That was when he saw her. 

He saw the woman walking out of the doctor's room, looking straight ahead, albeit very slow. He keep watching until his brain swirling with one busy motion. He took out his electronic pad and start painting. He was so focused on his idea that Wonwoo and Mingyu stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter