Chapter 4

Fixed you

December 24th. Jisung doesnt have any schedule for the passed 2 days because the company gave them a christmas vacation. He was supposed to be at home in Busan. 

But today he has agenda inside the Sm entertainment practice. Its because he told Ningning to meet him there, after her Korean class. 

He was dress pretty casual. White shirt where he top it with a black padded jacket and black skinny jeans. Blue vans and navy green cap. Of course, he wore a black face mask. 

He was excited to finally gave his first ever gift to her friend.

The trip was pretty long because it was quite far but its okey. He know that his friend will appreciate it, have a priceless reaction because it was very unexpected and he hope that it will somehow make her a bit happy.

Jisung enjoy the long trip with his earphones on and listening to his playlist.

Meanwhile Ningning was inside her Korean class. This was her only class today because she will have her 3 days vacation after this. She is very excited to that but it somehow gave her a feeling of loneliness.

Because for the 1st time in her life, she is not going to spend her christmas with her parents. Even though she talked to her parents everynight. It surely kills her inside. 

She wanted to go home this christmas day so bad but it just that she and her family afford it. 

She sit there thinking about what her mom will cook for christmas eve makes her very sad.

-

Jisung finally reach their company. But since he was a bit early, he decided to wait for her in the cafe at the ground floor of Sm Entertainment.

He looks around but the cafe doesnt have much customer today. He doesnt know if he is going to order or he will just go straight at the practice where he inform her to meet there.

He open and look at his cellphone lockscreen, to check what time it is right now. He still has 15 minutes spare time. 

"I guess i will just have a seat here first..." He murmur. He take a seat at one of the table in the cafe.

He was thinking of ordering a hot cocoa drink. Jisung was busily looking at the menu when a cute voice interrupt him.

"Jisunggggg!!!" He quickly shift his sight to his left side to see his friend Herin running to his table. She was waving her hands to him.

She seems very excited and happy that she see him today. Its been a few days since Herin hang with him. Jisung and Herin are usually always together at the practice since they have the same age and they are pretty close.

Jisung stood up and wave back to her. 

"What are you doing here? i thought you went to busan to spend your christmas vacation at home? whyyyy?" Herin ask him as she take a seat next to him.

"Annyeonghaseyo Herin-na" Jisung said and laugh at her. 

"Yaahhhh answer me haha" She said as she whine. 

"Nohing important. Im just visiting a friend here" He said as he gave her a sweet smile with his eyes almost closing. 

"Pshhh.." Herin answer and pout. Jisung suddenly stood up.

"Do you want a drink? I will buy us a drinks" He suggested and look at her. Herin quickly look at the menu and put her index finger to her lips. She was thinking very hard.

"I will order a hot cocoa drink. What about you?" He ask. 

"I will order the same Jisung-shii" She said as Jisung walk to the counter to order their drink.

While waiting. Herin look around but a white paper bag caught her eyes. It has a brand that is pretty known to her. It was store she and friends usually shop. 

It was a store for young teens especially for girls.

Her expression quickly change. Her smile immediately fade away. 

She look at Jisung first, she saw him waiting patietly for their drinks.

She quickly reach for the white paper bag. She open it and she saw a pair long gray socks. She is pretty sure this is for a women.

She felt a sudden dragger being stab to her heart. She quickly close the paper bag and place it back in the table, next to his chair. 

She frooze for a moment and felt very sad. 

" No.." She mumble and look away. After a few minutes. Jisung went back to their table holding a tray with 2 hot drinks.

He sit down and gave her drink. She smile sweetly at him.

"Thank you Jisung-shii" Herin cutely said. Jisung nodded at him.

"So whos friend are you meeting today?" She ask. She sip on her hot cocoa at look straight at him.

"Just a trainee friend. What about you? What are doing here?" He said and sip on his drink.

Herin quickly look at away. She did answer him for a moment.

"Hmm?" Jisung ask.

"Ahh..The noonas are inviting me for a girl night out. Wanna tag along?" She ask him. She decided to dont mind his gift. 

"I'll pass. I still need to go home in busan. You girls enjoy and have a merry christmas" Jisung said. Herin expect that. She nodded at him.

After a few minutes of talking. 4 girls went straight to their table. 

"Herin-naaaaa!!!" Lami and Hina shout while running to the two.

"Ohhhhh what do we have here?" Yiyang laugh. She likes making of her younger co-trainees because they know how Herin has a long term crush to Jisung. 

Koeun softly slap Yiyang shoulder. 

"Noonaaaaa stop teasing her. She will cry later" Koeun said chuckling and Yiyang suddenly hug Herin from the back.

Jisung stood up and greet the girls. They were his co-trainees. They are known as the Sm rookies. They are all pretty close but Jisung was a clueless kid. 

"We have to go now Herin-naaa....Bye Jisung!" The girls bid their goodbye to him. They leave him alone there.

Jisung open and look at his cellphone lockscreen again to check the time. It almost time for her class to end. 

Jisung decided to go upstairs now and wait for her there.

-

Ningning class was over. She stretch up both of her arms and sight. She close her notebook and place all her things inside her cute bagpack. 

2 girls went to her. 

"Ningning do you want to go eat on a newly open cafe near our company?" The girls that are a bit older than her ask.

"I wanted too, noonas. But i have to meet my friend after our class. Im so so sorry noona's" Ningning sadly explain to them. The two girls chuckle at her cute reaction.

The other one pinch her cheeks and pat her bangs. 

"Its okey. Its okey. Dont worry. Maybe next time?" She smile at Ningning and they wave to each other.

Ningning proceed on putting her things inside her bag. She suddenly remember what Jisung told him the other day.

One week before. After they went out to eat. Jisung treat him to a ramen store with a kimbap. It was very delicious but spicy so it really hurt her tongue. 

Jisung kept making fun of her because her face turn reddish. 

When the two are about to part ways. Jisung took a deep breath and suddenly face her.

"Meet me next week, december 24th at the practice room after your Korean class. I will wait for you there!!!" He said loud enough which makes her eyes huge. 

"Why?" She ask but Jisung run away after he said that. 

"Whats wrong with him?" She mumble and bite her lips. 

End of flashback.

Ningning finish up and she went straight to where she is supposed to meet him.

Upon arriving there. It was pretty empty here. She take a sit on the cold ground floor and wait for his arrival.

Just a few minutes. The door swang open. Ningning quickly look back and it was Jisung. 

The stand up on her own and smile at him. But its weird because Jisung was looking a bit nervous.

"Annyeonghaseyo Jisung-shii" Ningning greet him. She smile sweetly at him and he smile back.

"Annyeong...I-i actually wanted to give you this. I hope you like it haha" He awkwardly said and he suddenly hands the white paper bag to her. 

Ningning did not expect him to gave her something at all.

Oh on. I dont have any gift for him. Ningning thought.

"Uhmmmm this is so unexpected Jisung-shii...Thank you so much!!" Ningning quickly bow to him. She doesnt know what to say anymore so she kept on bowing to him.

She suddenly heard his cute laugh. She stop bowing.

"Its true. I was really thankful but ahhhh....Im sorry Jisung-shii because i dont have any christmas gift for you" Ningning said pouting to him.

"Im sorryyyy" She said. Jisung went closer to her worried friend and he unexpectedly pinch her cheeks. He stretch it and laugh so hard.

At first Ningning felt shock but she just gave him angry reaction. Which makes him laugh even harder. Ningning cant help but laugh too.

"Its okey. I hope you'll feel okey soon! Fighting!!" Jisung said. She smile at him.

"By the way i need to go now. I still need to go back in Busan" He said but Ningning wasnt sure where is that but she sure heard that before.

"Lets go home now....Merry christmas Jisung-shii and thank you for your wonderful gift to me. You really made me very happy today" She said and Jisung felt like his long trip was very worth it because he made her new friend happy.

The two went straight home after that.

That night Ningning wore the gift she receive from him. It was soooo cute. 

She took a picture of it. 

"He is so thoughtful and sweet...." She said to herself. 

"Did you send him to me Lei? if yes, i was really thankful for that. He was such a nice friend just like you" Ningning said while looking the picture in a picture frame to the night stand table beside her bed.

That night, Ningning wanted to buy him a gift too. But she is short in money. She thought that she will just gave him a new year's gift instead.

"I guess it better to be late than never" She smile and head to sleep.

-

After that ningning had her vacation where she spends it alone inside her dorm. Luckily the ahjumma who cook and clean the dorm gave her a special dinner that christmas evening. It was so special that she cried while eating it.

She did not forgot the call her parents. Who gave her so much strength and encouragement to hang there.

Month had passed really quick and our girl Ningning successfully save up enough money so bought him a gift. 

She bought him a oversized dark blue long sleeve polo and a gray beanie. She effortly pack with a cute box. 

But unfortunately Ningning has been visiting the practice for almost everyday before she go home but Jisung never came to visit. 

It sad how they dont have a way to communicate like having his number. She never even think of going to her teachers to ask about him because they might scold him. Or even his co-trainees.

A few months have passed Jisung and Ningning never meet again. 

On each everyday Ningning felt sad for not even giving her gift to him before he dissapear. She acted like nothing loneliness is little by little swallowing her.

But she never let her loneliness affect her performance at the company because in the first place she came here to train herself to be singer not to make friends and goof around.

She really miss him alot until one day a big news spread the whole trainees where a new boy group will be released soon.

They are expected to came from the sm rookies trainees. Ningning was hoping that her friend Jisung would debut with them.

A week after rumours quickly spread like a wildfire. 

"I heard the managers talking. The new boy group will debut are called Nct dream. A sub unit of Nct that has infinite members. Can you believe that? our company was really genius in creating different concept..." Ningning heard some trainees gossiping inside the practice while they are resting.

She cant help herself but eavesdrop to the conversation.

"I also heard they is going to 5 to 7 members in it" Another trainee said. 

"Really?! I heard its 9 members" The other trainee said.

"Im not sure but they said they are all young trainees" Another trainee said.

"They are so lucky. I wish i'll able to debut soon" A male trainee suddey join the conversation. Ningning look at the guy. His face is very handsome and he is very talented too. Plus this guy was very very tall even though he is only a bit older than her.

"Let's gave our very best everyday bro" A guy suddenly put his arms to the tall guy shoulder and smile at him.

"You guys are very talented and handsome. Plus you two are very tall. I think you are suited to be a member of Nct" A beautiful and well known trainee said and smile at them.

"You think so Karina?" The 2nd guy ask and smile at her.The girl named Karina nodded at chuckle at the 2 silly boys.

"Did you hear that Sungchan? she said we are suited to be a member of Nct" The 2nd excitedly said to the 1st guy.

"I hope so Jungwoo hyung" The very tall guy named Sungchan answer and mess around with him.

Ningning unconciously smile at the two guys and wish them a goodluck in her mind. She just seat there alone. Watching her sorroundings interaction.

-

A few more months have passed a new trainee have move to Ningning dorm room. 

That day Ningning was the happiest person because she is officially going to have a roommate. 

A girl with a long black hair, fair skin and petite boday came in with her huge bags with her. Ningning help her carry her things. 

"Ohmygosh thank you so much for helping me" The new girl sweetly said to her and Ningning was fascinated to her beauty. 

"Hi new roommate!" Ningning said happily and she cant help herself but gave her a sudden hug. 

The new girl was shock to her sudden action but hug her back, because Ningning is too welcoming and very nice to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo! I am Kim Min-jeong but everyone knows me as winter" She introduce herself amd smile to her. Ningning help her unload her things inside the dorm and she show her around.

"Hiiiii i am Ningning Yizhuo. Just call me Ningning hehe" She said as she offer her hand to shake hands. 

"I am from Busan and i am a new trainee in sm entertainment. Please take good care of me sunbaenim" Winter bow to her and Ningning bow to her too. 

"I am from Harbin, China. I am trainee for almost a year now" Ningning said and it shock Winter.

"Wow i didnt notice youre a foreigner. Your korean pronounciation is so good. By the way, i am born in january 01, 2001" She said while fixing her things and Ningning help her. 

Winter was very thankful that her roommate was very nice and helpful. She really appreciate Ningning warm welcome to her.

"Wow you are older than me noona haha. I was born in october 23, 2002" She said and bow to her. Winter chuckle at her. She is really charming.

While the talk are busy introducing each other and having a chat. Winter phone kept on ringing. Ningning notice that too but it bother her how Winter kept on the looking at the phone ringing but she never answers it.

An hour later, Winter went straight where her phone is located. She get her cellphone and went to the bathroom. Ningning saw that but she just ignore her. Ningning proceed on folding her new roommate clothes to fit inside her cabinet. 

Winter lock the bathroom door and seat at the toilet bowl. She answer the call.

"YAHHHH KIM MIN-JEONG!! HOW DARE YOU IGNORE MY CALLS?? I TOLD YOU ALREADY THAT I DONT WANT YOU BECOME A TRAINEE BECAUSE-" Winter boyfriend shout on the cellphone. Even though the call wasnt on loud speaker, his shout was loud enough to make other people hear what he was saying to her.

Winter close her eyes tightly. She sigh loudly. 

She is feeling really tired right now and his boyfriend was being a pain in the and very unsupportive to her dream.

" I told you already to not call me here. Just wait for my call. I will call u when i am not busy" Winter reply to him. He is trying her best not to raise her voice. She doesnt want her new roommate have a bad impression to her. 

"I ing told you that i am against to that ing trainee thing!! Just be a model just like me. You will earn so much from it. !! Why cant you follow what i said?!" His boyfriend said. He sound very pissed right now becuase he was cursing too much.

Winter remain calm and just liaten to his toxic boyfriend rant. She sadly stood up and went to a bathroom sink, where she look at her reflection in the mirror.

She stare at it with a very desolate expression.

The truth about her boyfriend was that he doesnt want and support her dreams to be a idol. He doesnt like the idea of it because it takes too much time and being a trainee has a lot strict rules.

He is also against it because she will be staying in Seoul, meaning she will leave him in Busan. He thought that Winter will be very sneaky and cheat on him. He think that since he is far away, she will have a freedom and alot of guys will flirt to her because she is very attractive. 

He is very possessive that it makes Winter very regretful of dating him. She never imagine him being this close minded since he was way too older than her. 

He never imagine him acting like this. Winter thought that he should just support her instead of forcing her to join modeling because singing was her passion and to be a idol was her dream eversince she is a little girl.

He just turn 19 years old while Winter was 17 years old.

 -

A month after that, sm entertainment held a presconference for their new boy group Nct dream.

Everyone are waiting and excited because a new boy group will debut. They are all eager to meet all the new members. 

The girls, Winter and Ningning are watching inside their dorm in Ningning's laptop. They just finish having their dinner and the girls are laying down to Ningning's bed.

Ningning eyes are glued on the screen while Winter took this opportunity to reply to her boyfriend text messages to her.

She told him over and over again that she is only allowed to take calls and text when she is inside there dorm but he is too persistent and hard headed, he kept on flooding her cellphone. 

That night things become messy and exhausting for Winter. Eversince she transfer here her boyfriend become crazy. He is difficult to deal with. He is always accusing her. He is always cursing her. 

That night Winter ended things between them. She is too tired of her training and to him.

So Winter decided to sometimes leave her cellphone at home or when she is inside the company, she turn off her cellphone. 

After that, Lee soo man long introduction to the group concept and related matters. Finally! The boys are 1 by 1 being reveal and introduce. 

Most of them are familiar faces to the viewers because the members came from the sm rookies. When they introduce Park Jisung as the youngest member.

Ningning suddenly stood up from her bed while hugging a pillow. You can see that she is about to cry because she finally saw her friend Jisung. She is very proud of him becasue her made it. 

Ningning squeeze her pillow so tight and she cant hide her happiness.

Because of her sudden action of standing up. Winter quickly look at her. She eyed her roommate who look like she won a lottery. Winter smile at her and she grow curiousness on why does her reaction was like that.

"Does she like someone from the nct dream members? i wonder who is it" Winter mumble while watching Ningning reaction. She smile at her and proceed on texting back his toxic ex boyfriend.

Winter never imagine herself being this problematic to her ex boyfriend whom she love. 

She had enough. 

Next day. The two girls are now travelling together to go to there company. Since they a have a morning schedule. Ningning schedule today was full from morning up to 5 pm. She has vocal class, dance class and lastly she has Korean class. 

Upon the arrival of the two infront of the Sm entertainment. The huge poster of the new 7 members nct dreams are all hanging on the company entrance and everywhere. Even after they enter inside, the posters of the boys are all being display.

Ningning cant help but stop for a moment and come closer to Jisung solo poster and stare at it.

Winter whos walking and talking to Ningning suddenly notice she was talking to no one. She stop and look back to check her. To her suprise. She saw Ningning staring at a particular poster. 

It was Park Jisung. The maknae of the group. She thought that since they have the same age maybe they know each other or Ningning have a crush on him. Her silly thoughts made her laugh and call Ningning.

"Cute." Winter said to her. Ningning just smile to her noona. 

It was true that Ningning was secretly looking out for Jisung as her inspiration and idol. At first she thought that it was only a feeling of stunned to his kind personality and cool dancing ability but as the boys are promoting and going to different music shows and programs. She cant stop herself but to adore him even more.

Slowly she find herself having a huge crush on him. Ningning cant stop looking only at him when the group are performing on the screen. She ended up secretly supporting him and buying their stuff. 1

She was a secretly Nctzen and a Jisung bias at heart.

Fast forward.

2 years after.

Both teens Jisung and Ningning are now 16 years old they.

Jisung group Nct kept on growing and earning alot of fans from all over the world. His management talk to him and advice him if he wanted to join a dance competion among the young talented dancers.

Jisung was thrilled about that because he will be alble to showcase his own dancing ability. He wanted to learn more, experience various of dance techniques and gain more friends.

Even though he is going to be busy for preparing for the Nct 2018 soon and to his group Nct dream. 

Jisung has more months to prepare so the management arrange him a dance lesson everyday to ready him to his upcoming competition.

His manager drive him at the company and inform him to meet his choreographer at exactly 5 pm at the practice in 7th floor. Today, they will just have a proper introduction and meeting. His manager left him and told him that he will pick him up by 6 pm. Or he will just text him when he is done.

Upon going there he bumped into a guy who came from the practice room he will enter. Jisung look at the guy who completely ignore him. He notice that he looks very pissed and he is mumbling angrily.

But Jisung heard what he just said. 

" She thinks, she is very beautiful but the truth is that she only look average and skinny. She think eveyone is interested to her for rejecting me..." The guy kept on mumbling bad things. Jisung ignore him and he went straight the room. 

As he open the double doors to the practice. He saw a unexpected sight. The room was messy. Bunch of papers are scattered on the floor and a bag was thrown too and a bunch of things. A girl was picking the papers.

" What the?" He said under his breath. As he look around.

The girl quickly look up at the person who enter the room. She is sobbing quietly, as she picks up the papers.

Jisung felt bad as he bend down to help the girl picking the papers. Jisung did not waste anytime as he started to pick them up without saying anything.

But Ningning recognized him. Her heart started to beat so fast and her jaw drop. 

"Park Jisung sunbaenim?" She suddenly ask.

Jisung quickly look at the girl squatting infront of her and to his suprise it was his special friend come China, whom he misses the most.

He never got to see her again because he become really really busy practicing and they always travel to promote. He felt very bad because he never got to say goodbye to her and fortunately, after 2 years they meet again. 

Due to the extreme shock and excitement Jisung felt, he couldnt contain himself because he is too happy to finally see her again.

He unexpectedly run to her and hug her tightly. Due to a sudden strong impact of Jisung sudden hug. Ningning couldnt breath.

 She never imagine that Jisung will hug her this tight when they met again. Her heart was about to explode. A mixture of happiness and nervousness envelope her.

She was so shock and her heart was beating so fast. For the passed 2 years, Jisung was the man she admire him from afar and now her long time crush was hugging her tightly.

"Is this real? am i still alive? am i dreaming?" She thought to herself. She frooze for seconds but since she missed him too. She unconciously hug him back. 

After that Jisung let go of her first. Then, he hold Ningning shoulder and stare at her. He manage to see how beautiful she become.