Chapter 10

Fixed you

Jeno was fixing his bagpack because he was on twice a month rides around their neighbourhood. Jeno was pretty was much likes riding, his biking was his lifestyle. 

It gaves him a relaxation and it ease his mind. It was also developing his legs. Since Jeno also likes exercising. 

He put his wallet, cellphone, earpods, a towel and customized water bottle that Jaemin gift him. 

He was dressed in a pretty dark outfit today. He was wearing a special black cycling jersey. A black helmet. Black high socks and black shoes. 

While to disguise himself from being recognize. Jeno wear a cyclist face and neck mask. That literally hide half of his face including his neck. 

He is ready to heads out. Jaemin was still not here. The two are planning to go around a park since they have a whole day free time. No practice and schedules. It was clear whole day.

"Hyung! he went out with Jisung" Chenle said when Jeno ask where Jaemin did go. He look like he just woke up. He was heading to the kitchen when he saw Jeno all gear up. As he figure out what is happening.

"Maybe he forgot. Its fine. Just tell him i went out alone" Jeno concluded and said as he put on his earpods and he was now holding his expensive but look very very cool bike.

"Okey. Take care hyung!" Chenle said and heads to the kitchen to eat.

Jeno went out and play his playlist. He is really glad that he has a free time because he miss strolling around and wandering using his bike. With someone and by himself. 

When the view was really nice, he likes to slow down to enjoy the mesmerizing scenery. 

Plus the fresh of air is very calming and relaxing. There are times he would stop his bike just to take a picture and admire the view.

-

Jeno was almost to his goal location where he and Jaemim are planning to go. It was a park but it was a bit far away from there dorm. 

Jeno thought of taking picture around the park since Jaemin suggested to go here but he went out with their maknae Jisung.

While riding his bike Jeno notice the sky was getting a bit gloomy. 

"I guess ill just stay here for short time" Frown his eyebrows because he just arrive here and but our boy needs to go home in a few.

"I forgot to check the weather forecast before i left. I got carried away from excitement to go this place. I wonder why" Jeno murmured under his mask. But he still smile upon seeing the place. 

Jeno kept on riding his bike. Suddenly He notice how the music stop. This was an indication that someone is calling him.

He did not stop stepping to his bike. Since he was a skilled cyclist but he did slow down. 

Using one hand on riding his bike. On the other hand he tried to get his cellphone from his bag pack behind him.

He did a swift move. As he successfully get his cellphone from his bagpack. 

Na Jaemin Calling.....

Jeno check who is calling. And he was right. Its was the guy he left because he left him too. (Hahahahahaha) 

Jeno smirk.

Jeno first check the road if there is someone or something walking or crossing. Then, he look at his cellphone and answer the call. 

"Annyeong Jaemin-ah" Jeno said as he check if he really answer the call.

"Ottokeeee!!" A small scream suddenly interrupt him from checking his phone. 

Jeno quickly hold the grip of the bike so tigthly but because of the sudden stop. Jeno jerk real hard as fall down from his bike. 

Luckily, both of his feet land on the ground perfectly and he did not get hurt. 

He look forward and he saw a girl with a very shock expression. She was sitting on the ground. She was holding a small cake box and her cellphone was on her ears.

She was facing Jeno. Her expression quickly shift. she look mad. She was glaring at him. 

"Ohshi-" Jeno immediately get away from his bike to help the girl. He did not know that there was someone crossing the road. 

"Hello?? Hyung??! What happened?? Are you okey??" Jaemin said on the line. He heard Jeno cursed and the loud and sudden sound of the brake.

As to Jeno. He was too preoccupied to even reply to what Jaemin just said.

Jeno bike fall hard on the ground and quickly he run to the girl sitting on ground. 

"Are you okey?? uuhhhhh.. Im really really sorry" Jeno look very worried. He tried to help the girl but he is hesitant to hold her because he doesnt want her to felt uncomfortable.

He offered his hand to her but she didnt hold his hand. Jeno notice that, as she tried to stand up on her own. But she struggle as she was holding a small box of cake.

Jeno quickly reach and get the box of cake from her hand. He quickly bow his head and body to ask for forgiveness.

"Im really really sorry" Jeni ask for forgiveness again. "Do you want to go the hospital right now? Are you feeling okey?" He ask with so much concerned. 

The girl didnt say anything. She finally stand up. She was looking down to check if she has a scratch or a bruise.

Luckily, Jeno didnt hit her because even before she will get hit. She scream so loud out of shock and she cant help but to be out of balance. Thats why she fall to the ground.

"Im okey" The girl said. Jeno look at the face of the girl. Jeno was a bit suprise because she didnt expect her to be this beautiful.

Her face was just a few meters away from his face. Jeno notice how small her whole face was. Her facial feature are well define. 

Her black long hair that reach to her small waist makes her even more attractive. She was simply wearing a black floral strap dress. Which complement to her pearly white skin complexion.

The girl look at him in the eyes too.

Jeno quickly look away. She might felt uncomfortable if he kept on staring to her face.

"Uhhhh... Im really sorry" Jeno once again and bow. He felt intimidated to her beauty.

She then, went straight to her destination.

"Wow" Said under his breath and admit that she was really really beautiful. He cant help himself but to look at her again. 

She hasnt gone far yet. When Jeno notice a few scratches and a small bruises from her lower back leg. There was also another one to her upper arm.

"Ohmygosh. What did i do? I should been extra careful" He murmured. Jeno felt really really bad someone got hurt because of him.

"Hello?! Hello?!! Hyung?! Jenoooo hyung?! Are you okey?? please answer me if you are done talking" Jaemin said on the line. He happened to heard everything. 

It seems like something bad happened. Thats why he did not end the call. He was worried to his Jeno hyung. 

"Hyung??!" Jaemin said. At the moment Jeno finally snap back from reality as he notice that Jaemin was still on the line.

"Annyeonghaseyo Jaemin. Something happened" Jeno sigh problematically. He quickly walk towards his bike scattered on the ground.

He pick up his bike and explained everything to Jaemin. 

"Hyung! as far as i remember. There was a convenient store at the other side of the park. It also has a entrance and exit gate." Jaemin instruct him to go there and buy a medical kit and go find that lady whom he almost hit.

"Alright. So, i need to go inside to reach the other side of the park right?" Jeno ask as he started to ride his bike again. 

He was fully focus on riding it. He doesnt want another incident to happened.

"Yes hyung. That was atleast the only help you can give for now" Jaemin said. Encouraging him.

"Be careful this time hyung" Jaemin said.

"Ohhh. Thank you Jaemin. Lets go on a adventure next time" Jeno said. He was smiling underneath his mask. As he finally went inside the huge beautiful park. 

The park was not that crowded. 

A few minutes after. Jeno finally spot the convenient store that Jaemin was talking about. Jeno head to the store and bought a medical supplies.

His next goal was to find that girl and gave it to her. He wanted to ease the worriness he felt for not being to help her. 

"Yosh." Jeno encourage himself to be patient. He ride his bike again and look around the whole park.

His conscience wont let him get a peace unless he go help her treat her bruises and scratches.

He was sure that she went straight to the entrance when stand up and started walking that way towards the entrance gate.

Jeno play his playlist again as he went looking up for her inside the park. Because of this, he got the chance to explore and catch a sight of every part of the beautiful park that he and Jaemin have been planning to visit.

He was now listening to Let's love by Exo Suho.

Jeno took about half an hour roaming around and looking for a slim girl wearing a simple black floral dress with a long black hair.

He then reach the part where theres a lot of bugs, trees and under it was a benches. The shade of tree made a good spot for the visitors to rest. It will give you a soothing feeling. 

Upon riding his bike slowly. Jeno notice 3 girls under a shade of the big tree. 

The tree has two benches on each. The One on the front and on the other one is at the back. They are sitting on the back of the tree. And right there he notice a girl whom wearing the same black floral dress he was looking for.

But he felt shy to just to straight to her and gave her the medical supplies plus she was with someone.

They look like they are having a chitchat.

Jeno just decided to just gave it to her later. For now he will just take a rest.

He went straight on the bench behind where the 3 girls are sitting. Jeno lean his bike on the bench to park it. Meanwhile he sitted on the bench.

He was still enjoying the songs in his playlist thats why he hasnt remove it. 

As he was listening to Edge of desire by John Mayer. 

A few minutes after resting. He felt thirsty. He reach for his bagpack and get his bottle of water and drink it. 

After that, he finally remove his earphones. He was planning on leaving since the weather was not looking really good. He felt like the rain will just pour any minute. But it kept on bugging him about the injuries he found earlier.

They must felt stingy. He thought. He felt guilty and unhappy.

"Yahhh!! Watch what you are saying or else i wont hesitate anymore" Jeno suddenly heard someone just shout. It seems like they are agruing. 

Jeno doesnt want to listen to the agrument but their voices are just a bit getting loud. It seems like they are heated from the conversation.

"Ohhh?? Really?! Hahahahaha!!" Another voice that came from girl. The voices are getting loud. "Then dont hesitate! You think were scared of you? offtt!! And you are the one who messed our friendship! how dare you raise your voice to me. You flirty !" The girl sounds really mad. Jeno eyes widened from hearing her curse and frown.

"Youre really accusing? the fact that i send you all the evidence that your boyfriend had a dummy account where he was using it to hit on a lots of girls. Yet, you still choose to believe him?" The other said and laugh sarcastically.

"You think i will believe you? Haru already tell me everything youve been doing behind my back!! You Sneaky fake friend!!" A girl replied.

"Right!! Thats why we invited you here! You really think we will have a nice picnic hahahaha what a dumb " Another girl join the agrument.

Jeno felt awkward hearing all those exchange of words. 

"What a dumb you two" The girl replied to the two. 

"What did you say?!" Another loud counterattack. It seems like she hit her patience. The girl almost choke from that. 

The next Jeno heard was a loud slap sound. 

"Yahhh!!!" Scream envelope the quiet park. Because of that Jeno stand up from his seat. He couldnt take this anymore. 

It seems like they are physically hurting each other. He quickly walk behind the benches.

To his suprise. He saw a tall girl wearing a pink skirt and white polo throw juice to the girl whom Jeno was looking for.

The beautiful girl wearing a black floral dress was drench in cold juice and she was holding her left face. While the 3rd girl was holding the beautiful girl hair. 

Jeno notice how the juice was dripping all over her face to her clothes.

It looks like they are ganging up on her. Both of them are standing while she was still sitting on the bench.

"Heyy!! Stop fighting!!" Jeno quickly respond to the girls. They stop attacking her and look at the direction of Jeno.

He immediately run to stop them for hurting each other. He quickly reach for the 3rd girl hands to remove from the beautiful girl.

"Who are you?? Dont meddle on our fight!!" The tall girl said as he hold Jeno arms. But he was a lot taller than her. 

The girl accidentally grab his biceps. She stop and frooze because she felt his hard rock biceps. 

Jeno then push the 3rd girl away from the beautiful girl. She felt the strength of Jeno. Thats why she was also shock and frooze too.

"Aishhhh!!" The 3rd girl sound so irritated and glare at him.

"Do Yon come on! Lets get out of here!" The tall girl got scared and felt intimidated to Jeno. As she pull the other girl away from there.

"Serves you right Karina man stealer!!" The 3rd girl shout when they are walking away. Jeno saw her smirking.

So her name was Karina. Jeno thought and look at her. Karina hair was a messed. He went closer to her and notice how she was about to tear up but she is fighting back her tears.

She was trying to stay strong. 

"Thank you" She said to him. Up until now she hasnt raise her head. She didnt know who help her. 

"Thats fine. I actually owe you" Jeno said as he tried to smile which makes his eyes smaller and look very very cute.

Karina quickly look up at the man because she is confused why he told her that he own her.

Upon looking at him. She quickly remember and recognize the biker earlier who almost hit her.

Her eyes widened for a few seconds but she quickly recover and act as if it was nothing. She was now trying to wipe herself using her dry hands.

"Oh wait. I think i have a clean towel in my bagpack" Jeno suddenly remember his towel as he quickly run to the bench where his bagpack and bike is located.

Jeno pick up his bagpack and his bike. 

Karina was looking at him. As she miserably fail to wipe herself properly. She thankful for him for helping her from her dumb friends. God knows what things they are going to do to her if Jeno hasnt come in between them.

Jeno walk to her. Karina was now standing and waiting for him. 

Jeno lean his bike to the bench and put his bagpack to their bench. He quickly get the clean towel. But before he hand it to her. He sniff if the towel was really clean and new. 

When he confirm that it was clean. He hand it to her. Karina look pitiful right now.

"Thank you so much..." Karina said to him. She cant help but accept his help amd kindness because she desperately need one.

Jeno was staring at her as she wipe herself. Karina notice him staring at her, she didnt meant to lock an gaze with him as the two awkwardlyook away as fast as they could.

Then, Jeno remember that he bought a medicine for her bruises and scratches. He open his bagpack. He took them from his bagoack and hand it to her.

Karina look at him curiously. She have no idea.

"Oh no. I am fine. They didnt scratch me. They just to slap me and throw the juice at me" Karina tries to act positive. Jeno felt bad about it.

Jeno eyes landed to her cheeks. It was pretty reddish and a bit swollen. 

"It was for your bruises to the back of your thigh and scratches to your arm" He said. Karina felt suprise as she tired to check her body parts where Jeno mention the bruises and scratch.

"Why would they do to you?" He didnt meant to ask. He stare at her waiting for her respond but Karina just sigh.

"Oh i actually have one" Karina said to ease the awkwardness as she found her wounded body parts.

Jeno open the medice and hand it to her. And treat herself up.

When she is done. "Im perfectly fine now hehe. Again, thank you so much! i dont know how to repay your kindness but i dont like having a debt to someone..." Karina said and stare at him. She stand up and bow.

"Dont worry were even now. I almost hit you with my bike. Im sorry about that" Jeno explain. Karina smile at him sweetly.

Jeno heart felt warm now as he finally accomplished what his conscience is. He cant help but smile underneath his mask.

But Jeno eyes cant lie as they quickly got small and delighted. Karina knew right away that he was smiling.

"Your eyes actually look familar-" Karina said but Jeno didnt hear that because of the sudden loud thunderstorm.

Jeno hissed from that. Meanwhile Karina got scared and a small scream came out from . 

"Are you okey?? I guess we really need to go home now before the rain come" Jeno ask to her. Karina just laugh and look at him. Jeno cant help but smirk. Afterall they suddenly felt a sudden relief.

Jeno phone suddenly ring. That caught the attention of the two.

Jeno quickly get his cellphone from his bag.

Huang Renjun calling....

"Annyeong renjun-ah" Jeno greeted him as he answer the call.

"Annyeong Jeno! are you still outside?" He greeted back and ask him. Jeno look at Karina whom busily fixing and cleaning the bench. 

"Yes. I am still outside. Why??" Jeno ask.

"Yoshh!! Can you please buy me pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream??? Pleaseeee?!" Renjun was almost begging. It was one of his favorite. 

"Why?? youre craving for it??" Jeno ask and chuckle. 

"Yes pleaseeeee!!" Renjun reply and Jeno nodded.

"Alright! I will go buy a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream right now. I just hope it wont melted right away" Jeno said. Karina ears are alert as she heard the words Mint chocolate because it was her favorite flavor too.

She suddenly swallow and think of the yummy mint chocolate ice cream. She felt her stomach growl. 

She didnt even had the chance to taste the food and open the cake she baked. As soon as she arrive here with her 2 fake friends. The atmosphere was not friendly. They have a cold aura and tried to ask a lot of question regarding the issue of her friend boyfriend having a dummy account.

The guy use that account to slide on Karina's dm in instagram. Karina did her research first before telling everything to her friend because she doesnt want her to get played at and hurt.

But her friend is too inlove to his boyfriend. She told her about the dummy account and quickly claim that Karina was the first one to approach him. 

He made it seems like that Karina like him. 

"Hyunggg!! Managernim is looking for you. Go home now or else the rain might pour anytime soon. TAKE CARE AND BE CAREFUL DRIVING HOME!" You can hear Jaemin was already at hom and interfer from Renjun cellphone. Jeno laugh. 

Karina cant help but stare at him as he look happy to his caller.

"I'll go home now" He said. He ended the call and turn around to face Karina. 

Karina act like she was busy fixing and cleaning up.

"Uhhmm do you need some help?" Jeno scratch his hair and look at her. Karina look back at him and shake her head.

"Uh no im okey. I can do this alone. You'll go now?" She ask because she heard him clearly. 

"Actually yes. I need to go now before the rain will caught me. I was just going to ride my bike and it may take a while to get there" He explain. She stand up and suddenly offer her hand to him.

She was smiling sweetly. She felt happy that Jeno help her through her desperate time.

Jeno accept her hand and shake it. Jeno smile back.

"I am Karina. It was nice meeting you. You are very kind. Thank you!!" Karina said.

"Its fine. And I am Je no. I will go now. You should go home now too" Jeno said but he thought that she just live here in this neighbourhood or near this park.

"Yeah. Bye!!" Karina said. Jeno then ride his bike.

Jeno heads back at the store where he buy a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Then, he bought 2 umbrellas.

He is thinking that just incase Karina was still there. He will gave the other one to her.

Jeno hop on his bicycle again and drove where Karina was cleaning up the food in the bench. Luckily, he was right and she is still there. 

He drive straight to her back.

"Karina take this" He suddenmy appear and talk to her back. Karina was a bit shock to him and chuckle.

"Oh youre back. I thought you left already?" She ask as she stop cleaning up and face him.

She kept looking to his eyes. His eyes seems kinda familiar for her but she is not sure where.

"Here take this with you. I can sense that the rain is about to fall." Jeno hand her the umbrella seriously. 

"Oh. Araso. Thank you!" Karina cheerfully replied and smile at him. Until she notice the clear plastic bag.

"Is that an ice cream?" She ask. Jeno nodded at her and look at her curiously.

-

Jeno has finally reach there dorm. He is slightly drench because the rain suddenly pour.

"Ohhhh hyunggg youre back!!" Chenle run from the couch and run to the kitchen. Meanwhile Jeno went straight to his room to take a shower.

"Renjun hyung! Ice cream is here!" Chenle announce and the doors of the Dreams bedroom swang open.

Renjun was wearing a comfortable clothes. Gray tshirt and sweat pants. Jisung came out from his room and went straight at the kitchen. 

He also want some ice cream. Jaemin rush out and go to his Jeno hyung room.

He is still worried about the phone call.

Chenle get the ice cream box from the clear plastic but then it does not look like one. Renjun was patiently waiting for his ice cream to be open. While Jisung get 3 bowls and 3 spoons.

"Aigooo what is this? this is not mint chocolate chip ice cream?!" Chenle react upon seeing a cake not an ice cream.

"What the?!" Renjun said out loud. 

It was a bento cake. It was a pink colored one. It was decorated in a white icing and names are in lettering design.

"Happy friends day! Karina. Do Yeon. Min-min??" Chenle read out loud. He look really confused. Did Jeno swap his plastic bag.

Renjun and Jisung are dumbfounded as they kept staring at the cake.

"What??" The three of them look at each other and the bento cake. 

 

 

 

 

 

Belated Happy birthday to my forever baby Jisung!! 😭💚