nine.

I'm Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

soojin’s perspective

 

---

 

Fear was brought upon three different wizarding schools, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Durmstrang Institute. The three schools have been brought together for another Triwizard Tournament.

 

Gossips and conversations could be heard often about the tournament, especially after what happened a few years back. The Triwizard Tournament was discontinued up until now, due to injuries and death.

 

The three schools were gathered in the Hogwarts Great Hall, having to expand the tables for our visiting guests for the meantime.

 

Due to the unexpected arrival of the other two schools, some students weren’t pleased with the Headmaster’s decision to continue the tournament. The addition of having a few hundred more students inside Hogwarts meant that all three schools had to share classes with each other for the time-being. Most students didn’t mind, knowing that it would only last two months.

 

I sat in the Great Hall as I silently looked over each table. Everyone was separated by school and houses, Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

 

Speaking of Slytherin, I haven’t talked to Soeun in quite a while. During summer vacation, I sent the letter I promised and got her letter in return. She sent me another, but I haven’t sent one back and I feel guilty about it.

 

It’s not that Soeun has wronged me in any way. Her presence makes me feel safe and needed. She’s a great friend. She’s very reliable, trusting and charming in her own way.

 

Although there are awkward moments between us, I kind of like it. It’s just that Soeun’s actions spoke louder than her words. I don’t understand them, nor her intentions. But sometimes her actions do not match her words at all.

 

There would be times that she would tease and make fun of me, then the next second she’s holding my hand or looking into my eyes deeply with a lingering feeling that I don’t understand.

 

I stared at the Slytherin table, thinking more about Soeun. I wonder why she suddenly acts this way towards me…

 

“Should we get going?” Jaehee asked, grabbing onto my wrists as my gaze went away from Soeun. “What?” I asked her, confused.

 

“You asked me if I could help you study earlier,” Jaehee continued. “Yeah, I’m not the best at potions…”

 

That statement wasn’t completely true. I was good or at least decent at potions. I aced all of my classes, excluding defense against the dark arts as I passed with average grades.

 

As I stood up from my seat to follow Jaehee, someone came up running from behind. “Jaehee! Soojin! Where are you going?” I turned around to see Jimin smiling at us.

 

“I’m going to help Soojin study potions,” Jaehee says as Jimin nods her head vigorously. “Okay, I’m going with you!” Jimin exclaims.

 

“Oh no…”

 

“Yah! You should be grateful that I’m coming!” Jimin smiled as she blew a kiss towards Jaehee. “And why is that?”

 

“I’ll tell you later!” Jimin promised as Jaehee and I eyed her suspiciously.

 

『••✎••』

 

“Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations, also commonly known as O.W.L.s. Study hard and you will be rewarded. If you fail to do so, the consequences will be severe and quite tragic. The score made by the student on the O.W.L.s. examination will determine whether or not they will be allowed to continue a specific subject at this school, and whether they might be successful in obtaining a particular job.” I sat in class listening to the Professor explain the O.W.L.s. Examinations that’s coming up in June.

 

“Seeing that I’ve taught most of the fifth-year curriculum already, I’ll be showing you a list of what you’ll be learning next year. If you’re lucky, I might teach you a few things in advance.” The students either silently responded or nodded as I stayed silent.

 

“These are the potions that you will be able to create after completing your N.E.W.T.s,” Professor Park says, scribbling some words onto the board. Potions were being listed onto the board, such as Wit-Sharpening Potion, Felix Felicis, Polyjuice, Laughing Potion and others. Two potions on the list caught my eyes. Love potions and Amortentia.

 

“I don’t know what idiot came up with the season of love for the entire month of February, but since you’re all curious teenagers, I’ll educate you all.” Professor Park circled two words on the board, love potions and amortentia.

 

“Love potions produce powerful infatuation and can be induced by the potion-maker. In many occasions, this causes the drinker to become infatuated or obsessed with the individual that gave them the potion. Love potions are considered to be very powerful and dangerous. Out of all the love potions, Amortentia is the most powerful one. However, these potions do not produce actual love as it’s impossible to create or force love.”

 

Most students in the classroom were intrigued with what the Professor had to say about these love potions.

 

“It has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they found most attractive, even if the person hasn’t acknowledged or is aware of their fondness and liking towards the object.” He paused for a bit, glaring at some students and telling them to be quiet.

 

I wonder what the potion would smell like to me. What does the person I like find most attractive? Would it smell like them? Okay, I just sound weird now…

 

Do I even like anyone?

 

“I’ve had many students experience different effects from these potions. When the drinker is under the effect of the love potion, there is a possibility of them not remembering what happened during that time span,” Professor Park continued.

 

My mind was going off as it spiraled around about the ‘what ifs’ of this potion. I was losing so many brain cells during this lesson.

 

“How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter