five.

I'm Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The obliviate spell,” Professor Hwang scribbled the words on the board, pointing and emphasizing it. “The Memory Charm, also known as the Forgetfulness Charm. This spell is used to erase specific memories from a person’s mind, and it could be an event…” Professor Hwang took a pause in the middle of the sentence, glaring at some students who weren’t listening. “Perhaps the existence of a certain individual,” he finishes.

 

My ears perked up from what he said. I raised my head and looked over at him. I furrowed my eyebrows together, wanting to know the details of this spell. Just like that, my full attention was absorbed in what the Professor had to say.

 

“These spells are often used when a Muggle has seen or witnessed anything related to the wizarding world,” he explained.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I could see that Soeun was startled from how fast I turned my head earlier.

 

Yes, it was another year where Park Soeun sat beside me. Unfortunately, this isn’t the only class I sit beside her in. Ignoring the startled Soeun beside me, I focused all of my attention on the Professor. Soeun’s startled look faltered and her attention went back to the teacher.

 

What if Junseo used this Memory Charm on me? He could have used it when he left for Hogwarts.

 

I became more confused. How could an eleven year old know this charm and use it? I stopped thinking about it temporarily as I was getting side-tracked from the lesson.

 

“However, if this charm has been performed improperly…” he paused once again midway, looking over and making eye contact with me. Did I do something wrong? Why is he looking at me?

 

“It can cause brain damage, and it will have intense difficulty to recover from it.” The Professor looked away, “I once had a student perform this spell. They succeeded in the end, but that’s not what this is about. Their first try was improper. Although they received severe brain damage, they continued anyway. This particular person tried doing it a second time and he succeeded,” he shared.

 

“This student still studies at the school…” He took a deep breath in and exhaled out, “and the person he used it on, well— they’re sitting in this classroom with us.”

 

When Professor Hwang revealed such information, all I could think about was Junseo. Did he actually use the charm on me?

 

I heard some students gasping from what Professor Hwang said, they were in shock to hear about this. People were murmuring about who would erase someone’s mind in this classroom. I mean, we’re all magical.

 

The only possibility and explanation I could get from this was Junseo. If not, then I don’t even know at this point.

 

Professor Hwang continued the lesson, but from time to time I could hear Soeun tapping the desk with her pencil intentionally. Honestly, does this girl know when to stop bothering me?

 

“Okay, pack it up kids! Get a move on. I’ve got to prepare for my next class,” he shooed us away. “Sheesh, what’s his deal?” I heard someone from behind me say.

 

『••✎••』

 

Jimin slammed the table with her first impatiently, “Don’t you guys get bored from staying in the library all the time?” She exclaimed, burying her head in her arms. Jaehee, Jiyoon and Hyewon didn’t bother looking up at her and instead wrote notes inside their notebooks.

 

“What are you guys even doing here, what is there to do?” She asked, sighing. “Jaehee and I have tests we need to study for,” Hyewon explained, not even looking up once. “Then what are you doing here, Jiyoon?”

 

“I have a test for Dark Arts tomorrow. I’m just finishing up my last notes,” Jiyoon implied. Jimin formed an ‘o’ shape with , “We have a test tomorrow?” Jimin asks as Jiyoon rolls her eyes at her. “Look who’s going to fail tomorrow,” she mumbled. “What was that?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Anyways— what about you, Soojin?” Jimin suddenly called out for me. “Oh, uhm… I’m just here because you guys are,” I answered.

 

“Aren’t you going to study for the test?” Jiyoon asked as I shook my head. “I already did that. I’ll review the notes tomorrow, though.”

 

“If you’re doing nothing right now, how about we go to the dining hall? We’ve got five minutes left until dinner time anyways!” Jimin said.

 

I stood up and started walking towards the dining hall to see a lot of people sitting already. “I’ll see you guys later,” I waved my hands goodbye as I walked over to the Hufflepuff table. I looked back to see Jimin going over to the Slytherin table, Jiyoon by the Gryffindors, and Jaehee beside me.

 

Jaehee and I usually eat together at the dining hall since we’re both from the same Hogwarts house. I sat down at the table with Jaehee following behind me.

 

I glanced over to my left to see Junseo laughing with his friends. I need to ask him later. I need to ask him if he tried to erase my memories when he left for Hogwarts.

 

Few months ago, I remembered how Soeun and Jihoon accused our father for their parents' reputation and the rumors of their father being a death eater. I still haven’t asked my dad over the summer, and the thought of this just slipped my mind.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter