ten.

I'm Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You totally have a crush on her,” Jaehee whispered in my ears. I snapped out of whatever daydream I was in, turning my head as I gave Jaehee a glare.

 

“I don’t have a crush on her!” I whispered back aggressively. “If you didn’t have a crush on her, you look at her with those puppy eyes of yours. Besides, do you think I’m blind? I have eyes for goodness sake.”

 

My palm runs over my face in annoyance, “I don’t have a crush on her, and I didn't look at Soeun with puppy eyes.”

 

“You were both looking into each other's eyes so lovingly.”

 

“I’m not looking at her lovingly! Plus, Soeun is still under that love potion, what do you expect?” I scoffed, crossing my arms. “You do realize that Soeun still gives you that look, even without the potion right?” Jaehee replied immediately.

 

There’s no way that Soeun looks at me like that, I would’ve noticed. Right? This is ridiculous, we’re friends.

 

“I told you already. Soeun doesn’t like me like that,” I beckoned for her to stop. “She does!”

 

“No she does not!” I protested for the nth time.

 

“You must be blind, because—” Jaehee was interrupted by a cough. “Would you two like to tell the class what you’re talking about?” We faced the front as the Professor glared at us. “May I remind you that you’re in class? It’s not time for chatting about if this person likes you or not.”

 

The Professor rolled his eyes and went back to what he was talking about. Jaehee chuckled slightly as I turned red, my face being flushed with a faint pink. “Whatever,” I mumbled under my breath.

 

After a while, class finally ends. It was time to meet up with everyone at the Great Hall to eat lunch. Jaehee and I stood up from our desks and began to pack our things, until Soeun abruptly stood up as well and approached us.

 

“Jinnie…” Soeun pouts cutely at me as she clings onto my arm.

 

“Well, uh— I guess I’ll go without you guys,” Jaehee says, walking out of the classroom. I cursed her silently for leaving me alone with Soeun right now.

 

“Jinnie, are you listening to me?” Soeun grabs my chin and turns my head to face her. I shook my head slightly, only for her to pinch my cheek. “Who were you talking about earlier? Do you like someone?!”

 

I hesitated to answer, but Soeun does like me because of the potion, so… “I was talking about how you have a crush on me,” I replied as Soeun sighed in relief. “That’s good— I love you!” She abruptly says. “It’s more than just a crush!” Soeun beamed as I looked away from her, blushing slightly from the sudden confession. “Yeah, you’ve been telling me for the past week…”

 

Even though she's been telling me this for a week, I’m still not used to it. My glance shifts around the room, looking everywhere but her.

 

I felt her tugging on my arm as I finally looked at her, making eye contact. “Y-Yes?” This time, Soeun is looking at me intently with eyes full of affection and love. As of right now, her eyes were speaking louder than any of her words or actions. If her eyes are telling me this, I wonder what mine would say.

 

“I— uh,” I stammered. I’m malfunctioning right, the words wouldn’t come out of my mouth. I looked into her eyes for a little longer, getting lost into them.

 

All of a sudden, someone came barging into the classroom. I looked away and jumped slightly. “Oh! Uh— were you guys doing something? Sorry if I interrupted…” a Ravenclaw student says. “No, no, it’s okay. I— uhm… we should be at the Great Hall now, right Soeun?”

 

“What do you mean it’s okay? They interrupted our moment…” Soeun muttered, nuzzling into my shoulder. “Let’s go, the others are waiting for us.”

 

Soeun’s fingers began to slide down my arm and into my hands, slowly intertwining them together. “Do we have to go? Why can’t we just stay here? Together, alone.” She frowned.

 

We walked out the classroom as the Ravenclaw from earlier shouted out to us, “Sorry for ruining the moment!”

 

“They’re our friends. We shouldn’t be ditching them.”

 

“Okay…” Soeun pouted. She looked so cute, I just wanted to kiss that pout off her face— wait. I did not just think about that. I shook my head mentally and blushed at the thought.

 

While we walked towards the Great Hall, I could hear mumbling and other noises in the background. I peeked over to the other hall to see Jimin and Jaehee making out on the bench. I looked away instantly after seeing them kiss, “Not again…”

 

I dragged Soeun and walked towards the Great Hall. “Let’s not go into that hallway, two specific people are doing some… business,” I warned her as Soeun shrugged her shoulders.

 

We went inside the Great Hall to see Jiyoon, Jihyo and Hyewon talking amongst each other. We walked up to their table, receiving some grins and smirks. “The lovebirds are here,” Jiyoon teases.

 

“Us? Lovebirds? You should’ve seen Jimin and Jaehee right now,” I shuddered, feeling a bit disgusted after seeing them kiss.

 

I was about to let go of Soeun’s hand as I loosened my grip, only for her to squeeze my hand tighter.

 

“Wait a second— where are those two?” Jiyoon asks. “Making out in the hallway,” I replied.

 

All of them looked disgusted, but then laughed it off. “Anyways, are you guys going to the Yule Ball?” Hyewon and Jihyo both nodded their heads as I was uncertain.

 

The Yule Ball. I completely forgot that it existed. The Yule Ball was a formal Christmas celebration that was held for the schools that participated in the Triwizard Tournament.

 

The conversation continued about the Yule Ball as Jihyo and Hyewon said they would go together. Jiyoon was surprised because she didn’t know that they were dating. Talk about being late.

 

I looked over at Soeun to see her staring at me. What if I ask her to the Yule Ball? I stared back into her eyes for a while, not caring about anything else.

 

“Soojin, are you okay?” Jihyo said in a playful tone.

 

“I am— just…” This is the exact moment that I realized how intensely I was looking at Soeun. We’ve been staring into each other’s eyes for more than a minute, and I’m sure of it. Even though it was awkward, I didn’t want to take my eyes off of her.

 

I hesitated to look away when I heard a familiar voice, “Are you okay, Hyewon?” I heard Jimin ask all of a sudden.

 

When did she get here?

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

Jimin was suddenly asking her too many questions as she expressed her concern for Hyewon. Jimin walked over to Hyewon and whispered something into her ear. I saw how Hyewon stiffened and froze after what Jimin whispered.

 

“Did I hit close to hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter