thirteen.

I'm Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

soeun’s perspective

 

---

 

For the past few weeks, I decided to surprise Soojin by visiting her house over the summer. I grasped onto my Portkey, wishing for the magical object to work and transport me over to her house. Before I knew it, I felt an uncomfortable and downright unpleasant feeling. I wobbled and tried to steady myself, but instead I fell and tripped. Travelling by Portkeys is not pleasant at all.

 

After hearing someone shout out in surprise, I looked up to see Soojin with a guitar in her hands. She was shocked, body stiff and eyes wide from my sudden appearance. I stood up as I fixed my hair and straightened my clothes. I smiled and waved sheepishly in embarrassment from the unexpected entrance.

 

“Hi Princess! How’s summer so far? Probably not that good without me,” I said, trying to overcome the embarrassment. I looked over at her and laughed when I saw Soojin’s facial expression of pure shock.

 

“Why are you so shocked?” I chuckled while she looked at me in disbelief.

 

“Why wouldn’t I be shocked?! You’re in my room all of a sudden— without any warnings!” She sputtered out. “W-Why are you here?”

 

“Do I need a reason to see my girlfriend?” I bluntly say as Soojin squirms with her cheeks turning flushed pink. Soojin placed her guitar on top of her bed and patted the spot beside her. She smiled at me, pinching my cheeks softly as I sat down on the bed. I took her hand off my cheeks and intertwined our fingers together.

 

It hasn’t even been five minutes with Soojin, and I’m already smiling like an idiot. I really am a fool in love.

 

As she leaned closer, her unoccupied hand cradled my face. I felt the world stop at that exact moment, my face suddenly feeling hot under Soojin’s touch.

 

We looked at each other as both of our brains short-circuit and malfunction. My gaze dropped down to her lips, and before I knew it, Soojin’s lips began moving against mine steadily and gently. One of my hands found its way onto her waist. As our lips part, we remained close to each other as her breath ran across my lip when she spoke. “Soeun…”

 

I felt my heart pounding quickly and harshly against my ribcage. I waited, wondering if she would take her hands off my face, if she would stop looking at my lips. But she didn’t.

 

I leaned closer and dipped my head to meet Soojin’s lips again.

 

The second kiss wasn’t as slow as the first one. Our intertwined hands loosened as my hand settled on her back, pulling her closer towards me. The way Soojin kisses me sets off fireworks inside my chest. I pulled away for a breath, and it’s Soojin who chases after my lips, eagerly connecting and locking our lips together again. I reciprocated the kiss, afraid that Soojin might disappear if we stopped. I felt her tongue brush across my bottom lip, and I felt my thoughts go haywire before dying inside.

 

I was about to complain and whine when Soojin broke the kiss, but she abruptly pushed me onto the bed. She stared intently at my lips, leaning forward to bend down and capture my lips. She pulls away slightly and brushes her lower lip against my upper lip, teasing me. I wasn’t having it, so I pulled her down by the neck and kissed her insistently. I felt Soojin smile against the kiss from my impatience.

 

The kiss was interrupted by someone calling Soojin’s name from downstairs. The girl on top of me pulls away and shouts back at whoever called her name. “I’ll be downstairs in a bit!”

 

『••✎••』

 

The ride to Hogwarts was quieter than usual. Something that I wasn’t used to at all. This was my last year at Hogwarts. I thought about how this train ride was going to be one of my last. I wish I could turn back time and become a first year student again.

 

When we arrive, it will be the last first time we walk through those doors, the last first time we will go on Hogwarts Express. This will be the last of the first.

 

『••✎••』

 

In Defense Against the Dark Arts class, the entire classroom was buzzing. It was announced that they would be doing duelling practices between students. A lot of people were astonished and excited about this. Studying and learning all these spells were nice, but practicing them and duelling with it against another student must be thrilling to them.

 

Professor Jung asks Soojin to come and demonstrate for the class. He then calls another student up to duel against her. When a seventh year Slytherin stood up, I could see his eyes darken with mischief and a sense of evilness. His stupid smirk was unpleasant and is very disturbing to even look at.

 

Professor Jung went over the duelling rules with the entire class. I glanced over at Soojin to see nervousness take over her body. Her shoulders were tense, hand clutching onto her wand tightly as her knuckles turned a bit white. We locked eyes, and I gestured for her to calm down.

 

“You can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter