three.

I'm Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spent the whole summer doing absolutely nothing. But that doesn’t really matter because today is the first day back at Hogwarts. It was really boring doing nothing with no one to talk to.

 

I’m supposed to be leaving soon, but I haven’t even packed yet. I hurried and went to the basement to find my suitcase. After finding it, I dashed back upstairs to get all of my things.

 

I heard my parents calling my name from downstairs, “Soojin, we’re leaving soon! Make sure you’re ready and that you have everything.”

 

“Okay!”

 

I zipped up my suitcase and dragged the heavy case down with me. The bottom of the suitcase dragged along the floor as I walked outside. After placing the suitcase inside the car’s trunk, I hopped inside, either playing with my phone or looking outside the window.

 

We eventually arrived at Platform 9¾. I looked at my parents, then back at the brick wall. Before they could kiss me goodbye or say anything, I ran into the brick pillar along with my cart.

 

Both parents looked at each other, having warm smiles on their faces. Her father was worried at first about sending me off for another year. He was contemplating whether or not I should be going back to Hogwarts. He was worried, but was relieved after remembering Junseo attending the school as well.

 

When I came back from my first year of Hogwarts, one of the first questions my parents asked was if I had seen Junseo. I hesitated at first, but then decided to give in and tell them. I told them that we were both Hufflepuffs and that we got along very well. They smiled at first, but then it turned bitter once reality hit them. Junseo left them years ago. They’re probably questioning where Junseo must be staying out of Hogwarts.

 

Now at Hogwarts Express, I felt relieved knowing I wasn’t late. The train was still here, and the brick pillar entrance wasn’t closed off. I grabbed the handle of my cart and started walking forward. I saw Junseo in the distance, “Junseo!” He turned his head towards me and beamed a smile immediately.

 

“Soojin!” He waved his hands, gesturing for me to come closer. I walked towards him, dragging my cart along.

 

“How was summer?” Junseo asked while slinging his arm around my shoulder.

 

“It’s really boring. Nothing to do, no one to talk to,” I yawned and looked up at him.

 

“Hm… No Muggle friends?”

 

“Not really, lost contact.” He hummed in response.

 

“Soojin!” I heard someone call my name, and I looked behind me to see Jimin, Jaehee and Jiyoon together.

 

Jiyoon greeted us, “Hey Soojin! Hi Junseo.”

 

“Did you come here with both Jimin and Jaehee?” I asked as she nodded her head. “Since when were—” Jimin interrupted me, “Oh! Over the summer both Jaehee and I began talking to Jiyoon!”

 

“Also, did you get that mail I sent you over the summer?” Jimin smiled as I gave a confused look.

 

“You sent me mail?” Jimin’s smile faded a bit. “You didn’t get it?” I shook my head as she asked. “Oh my gosh! Errol… That darn old owl.” She mumbled. “Sorry! my family’s owl is a bit old, he might’ve sent it to the wrong person.”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

We heard the conductor shouting, telling us to get on the train quickly. Junseo waved a quick goodbye and went inside the train and into his friend’s compartment.

 

Boarding the train, Jimin and Jaehee already claimed a compartment. I entered to see two other people inside the compartment, one familiar and one new face.

 

“You already know Jihyo, but this is Hyewon!” She introduced me to the new girl, “She’s a first year student!” I nodded.

 

“I’m Soojin, and I’m a second year Hufflepuff.”

 

We all talked with each other on our way to Hogwarts. I have to say, Hyewon’s legs are freakishly longer than anyone else’s here.

 

I saw Jihyo from the corner of my eyes, looking at a card from her box of chocolate frogs. She jumped out of her seat in surprise. The compartment door slammed open, the chocolate frog from Jihyo's hand hopped out the door and left.

 

I turned towards the door to see Jiyoon. “You’re late!” Jaehee said, shaking her head playfully. “You’re one to talk! You’re late to class everyday,” Hyewon and Jihyo chuckled. “Well—”

 

“Save it. It’s not like you’re going to find a better excuse,” Jiyoon said as Jaehee looked offended, “Rude.”

 

“It’s true, though,” Jimin mumbled.

 

“Well, sorry— I was in the compartment next door talking to some friends.”

 

“You have friends?” Jimin widened her eyes.

 

“Yes I do, unlike you…” Jiyoon mumbled. “I heard that!”

 

We gathered in The Great Hall, and the place was filled with people chatting and laughing. Professor Dumbledore welcomed the first year students to Hogwarts and began the sorting hat ceremony.

 

Hyewon was sorted into Slytherin.

 

While sitting at the Hufflepuff table, I saw that Jimin and Hyewon were talking with one another, and they were sitting with— Soeun?! They’re friends with her?

 

I don’t understand how someone could stand being around her. Soeun is so annoying and mean. Well, at least to me.

 

I turned around to see Junseo sitting about ten seats over, along with Jaehee being in front of me.

 

From the distance, I saw a talking letter at the Ravenclaw table. “What’s that?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter