eight.

I'm Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

soeun's perspective

 

---

 

“Time!” Another Slytherin student called out, ending the timer as soon as I caught the Snitch. I hovered off the ground as I lowered my broomstick to get off.

 

I quickly walk over to the other Slytherin, panting and sweating. “Was it better?” I asked breathlessly. She said nothing in return, just staring down at the stopwatch in her hand. “C’mon, at least tell me if it was faster than last time!”

 

“Well…” The girl shook her head slightly, shrugging and pursing her lips. I groaned in frustration, hunching over as my hands rested on my knees. “We’ve been here all day! I’ve made no progress…” I said with disappointment.

 

“It takes time to improve, but for now, your time was 4:15.”

 

She glanced over at me, “It takes time to improve, but for now, your time was 4:15.”

 

“4:15?”

 

She nodded, “Yeah. Four minutes, fifteen seconds. It’s not amazing, but it’s getting a bit better…”

 

“Hyunjin, I only got five seconds faster from my first attempt. That’s not really—” I was interrupted by Hyunjin slinging her arm around my shoulders. “I think we’ve wasted enough of our time, this was pretty much a damn failure. Here’s a towel and let’s get going— ow! What the heck?!” Before Hyunjin could finish her sentence, I shoved the towel into her stomach playfully.

 

“Kim Hyunjin, you’ve got to be kidding me,” I scoffed while snatching the stopwatch out of her hands. “Are you sure you didn’t time me wrong? Did you mess up?” I asked in disbelief as the other shook her head.

 

“Damn it, I’m barely improving! We’re going against Hufflepuff soon, and their Seeker is really good…” I felt discouraged.

 

I’ve watched Hufflepuff’s seeker, and they’re freaking good. Their house had to look for a new player because their previous one graduated. Hufflepuff’s previous Seeker was Lee Junseo, Soojin’s brother. I’ve got to hand it to him; he was a great Seeker but their new player is better.

 

『••✎••』

 

“Good morning class,” Professor Choi settles the class down. “Today we’ll be brewing a difficult potion. Whoever can brew this potion perfectly, will receive a very small bottle of Felix Felicis.” He smiles at the class, knowing that we’ll most likely fail.

 

“In case you’re wondering, Felix Felicis, also known as Liquid Luck is a potion that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time. Everything they will attempt will be successful. This will turn an ordinary day into an extraordinary one. However, it can cause dizziness, recklessness and dangerous overconfidence towards the drinker if they’ve taken too much. Felix Felicis is a strictly banned substance in any organised competitions, such as duelling or even tests like your O.W.L.s or N.E.W.T.s. Cheating is not allowed,” he thoroughly explained as the class nodded in response.

 

We all began our attempt at making the potion Professor Choi wanted us to make. Whoever can make it will win the desired prize. What if I used this during my Quidditch match later today if I win?

 

No, I can’t!

 

I shook my head vigorously mentally. He strictly said that Felix Felicis is a banned substance in any competitions, which does include Quidditch.

 

Throughout this entire period, no one was able to create the perfect potion that Professor Choi was asking for. I stood from my desk, in front of my cauldron as I thought to myself.

 

“You okay Soeun? We have to head to the next class,” Soojin asks, making me snap out of my thoughts. “Yeah, I was just thinking about the Quidditch match later…” I mumbled.

 

“Soeun, you’ll do great! I’ll be rooting for you during the match,” she gently smiles at me. I felt my heart skip a bit. “B-But what if we lose the game?” I felt discouraged from the possibilities of losing. What if something goes terribly wrong? What if—

 

“If you don’t win the game, you will still win in my heart.”

 

I blinked at her in disbelief. Soojin was really sweet and nice. The feeling in my chest felt so intense. The butterflies were fluttering around my heart, and everything felt so fluffy and light. I wanted to hug her tightly and wrap her inside my arms, and have my hands intertwined with hers. It was at this moment; I knew that Lee Soojin was probably the most important person in my life. She made everything so much better.

 

Oh my gosh, I’m falling so hard.

 

“You’re good enough and you worked hard for this! I’ll always be by your side.”

 

『••✎••』

 

The seven of us were gathered in the Great Hall, seated side by side and across from one another. Valentines day passed recently, but some people were still giving others chocolates and gifts. The seven of us were giving out candies to one another, but I decided to give Soojin a box of chocolates and a plushie just because…

 

No reason at all.

 

Time passed by and everyone slowly disappeared, leaving only Jimin and I at the dining table. Jimin glanced over at Soojin as she was walking away, “Who knew you two would become really good friends.”

 

I couldn’t help but chuckle unconsciously. As much as I wanted to restrain that chuckle from coming out of my mouth, it came unconsciously with bitterness. “Yeah, good friends…”

 

Jimin stopped looking at Soojin and turned her face towards me while raising an eyebrow. U

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter