one.

I'm Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sounds of an owl hooting and flapping their wings through the wind were heard outside my window. I stood up from my bed and walked over to my window, moving the curtain to see outside.

 

The owl outside my window seemed to be holding something in its claws.

 

A letter that was sealed with a red stamp, along with my name and address. I felt kind of scared to be near the owl. Actually no, I was terrified.

 

I opened the window and hesitantly took the letter out of the owls’ claws. The owl flew away, and I closed the window back up. I sighed in relief that nothing bad happened.

 

I rushed downstairs to the kitchen with my white printed bunny pajamas, messy hair and bare feet.

 

“Mom! Dad! I got a letter from an owl!”

 

My parents sat at the kitchen table, they stopped what they were doing and took a glance at each other. I held the letter that I got just a few minutes ago, while their eyes widened.

 

Both my Mom and Dad gasped, “Soojin honey, open it. Let’s see what it says.”

 

I peeled off the red stamp and opened the letter and unfolded it. “Can you read this out loud for us, dear?” My mother softly said as I nodded.

 

“Dear Lee Soojin, you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry… Mom, Dad, what is this?” I looked at my parents confusingly.

 

My father sighed, “Soojin, you’re a witch.”

 

“A w-witch? But w-witches don’t exist…”

 

“Don’t exist, eh?” Look at your mother and I, I’m a wizard!” My father said, chuckling. “Y-You’re a witch and you're a wizard… We’re not normal?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at them.

 

“Ah, don’t say that. Let’s just say that we’re special,” my Mom said, smiling. I was about to ask another question, until my father decided to interrupt. “You’re a pureblood, which means that our entire bloodline had magical abilities. We wanted to try living a normal life and pretend to be ordinary.”

 

“Why pretend to be ordinary?” I asked them, but this was too much information for an eleven year old.

 

“An unfortunate event happened a long time ago, and he who shall not be named had put the wizarding world into grave danger. He was a student at Hogwarts, but he was a bad wizard. He eventually ended up dying and was killed by a wizard named Harry Potter.” My parents explained.

 

“Seeing that you’ve got this amazing opportunity, we have to fly over to London!”

 

“Really?! Why are we going to London?” I felt excited and confused about travelling to London.

 

“Yes, we’re going to London because Hogwarts is located in the United Kingdom. Anyways, start getting packed!”

 

“Now?”

 

“Yes now!” I hurried upstairs again and began packing up my clothes.

 

『••✎••』

 

I arrived in London with my parents, and my Dad was holding some papers of locations and shops we needed to visit.

 

“It’s been a very long time since I’ve been here… So, Leaky Cauldron… Leaky Cauldron…” My dad mumbled as I felt my Mom shuffling over and about.

 

“Honey, here! Leaky Cauldron is right here,” my Mom pointed to the left of us.

 

We walked inside and went over towards the counter.

 

“Excuse me sir, but can you help us find Diagon Alley?” My father asked as the person at the counter eyed him suspiciously.

 

“Why do you need to know?”

 

“You seriously don’t remember me? Wow, what a good friend you are…” My father rolled his eyes playfully and smacked the shoulder of the guy.

 

“W-What… oh my gosh— how long has it been?! Fourteen years since we last saw each other?” The guy rambled on about how long he hasn’t seen him, and they both shared a weird handshake with each other.

 

“I heard your son is doing very well at Hogwarts,” the man said and smiled. “He is? That’s great to hear…” My father answered, glancing over at my mother. “He’s a fourth year student, and he’s an amazing wizard from what I heard!”

 

“Really? Is that so…” My father’s smile faded as the man kept rambling on.

 

“Alright so can we know the way toward Diagon Alley?” He suddenly remarked, making him remember. “Oh— right! You were asking for directions. Yes, follow me.”

 

We followed him to the back of the building and stood in front of a brick wall. I was waiting for something to happen. He then tapped the brick wall, and the bricks began to move and created an entrance.

 

“So, why are you visiting?” He asked before bidding goodbye. “My daughter has just been accepted at Hogwarts.”

 

“You have another kid? If everyone in your bloodline was this amazing, I bet she is too!” He chuckled, waving goodbye.

 

We walked inside and the brick wall closed as we walked farther away. “Welcome to Diagon Alley, Soojin!” The place was filled with crowds of people.

 

My Dad took the list of shops out again, saying we needed to go to Gringotts first. I have no idea what any of these things are. Every kid around me seemed to know everything, unlike me.

 

“Dad, who was that back there? Why did he say you had a son?” I asked as he stumbled for a second.

 

“Uhm… I— That was an old friend of mine, we went to Hogwarts together and were best friends with each other. S-Soojin! We’re finally at Gringotts, let’s go get some money, shall we?” My Dad hurried over towards one of the creatures at the desk and asked them to open a vault, whilst ignoring my question.

 

We went over to the vault that my Dad had asked for, it was filled with a lot of coins and money. “Where did you get all of this money from?” I questioned as he just shook his head.

 

“This money was from the inheritance of mine and your mother’s parents combined.” The vault was filled with coins; some piles had met the roof of the vault. This looked like enough to buy four houses!

 

We gathered some money for us to spend on materials for my year here, and we hurried our way towards a shop called Ollivanders.

 

“Dad, about my question earlier— he said you had a son. Don’t try dodging the question again!”

 

“Soojin… I— you have a brother.” He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. “We tried hiding the fact that he was a wizard, until he had gotten his letter from Hogwarts. He wasn’t really fond or pleased with our decision. He decided to leave for the school and told us to erase any memories of him from you. He really didn’t want anything to do with our family, or at least your mother and I. He does love you a lot Soojin, just as brother should.” He sighed while walking inside Ollivanders.

 

‘I have a brother?’ I began thinking about how life could’ve been if he didn’t erase my memories, or if he hadn’t gotten the letter from Hogwarts.

 

I looked around the shop to see many shelves with small boxes inside. Beyond the shelves was a man looking over them, checking and mumbling words to himself. He looked behind and had finally noticed me and my parents standing here.

 

“Looks like there’s another Lee in the school!” He beamed with a wide smile on his face. “Can we get a wand for our daughter, please?”

 

The man at the counter nodded and began looking and shuffling through shelves. He had taken out a variety of wands, but none seemed to be the right one.

 

“Take this wand, let’s see… 10 inches, unicorn hair, fle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter