What

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

“I... met your mum.” Yujin is obviously shocked with that. There is not many picture of her mum in the house so she barely remember. She was still a kid when her mum ran away from home. Yujin also not sure why.

 

“W-what? You met who?” 

 

“Your mum. I met her during the event last week.” 

 

“Why are you telling me this? I mean what are you talking about? My mum is here with me in this house. I don’t have another mum.” She stand up and ready to leave.

 

“Yujin ah, I don’t blame you but she said that she missed you so much and hoping to see you.” Her dad said before she going inside.

 

“Goodnight dad.” She is so angry. Maybe sad. She don’t know what to feel. All this time, it’s only her dad that be with her before he got married again. Where was she when Yujin needs her the most? She was not there with Yujin.

 

Yujin couldn’t think about it. It makes Yujin wamna tear up thinking how her mum never wants to meet her only daughter here.

 

Instead of staying in her room, Yujin decided to head out. Not sure where she is going but she end up at the club. Sitting alone. Turn off the phone. Just keep thinking. Even the loud musics are drowning in her thoughts.

 

Why suddenly her mum appeared and saying that she misses Yujin. Impossible. After leaving her for years. It ain’t easy. One thing that she could think. She won’t meet with her mother. No never. Well, isn’t that what it always be. 

 

She kept drinking until someone stopped her from pouring the drinks.

 

“You shouldn’t be drinking here..” Yujin turn her face to the owner of the voice. “..alone.” 

 

“Oh Chaewon. What are you doing here?”

 

“Just having fun. Are you alone?”

 

“Do you see someone else here with me?” Chaewon chuckled.

 

“Yeah yeah sure you are alone. I am just trying to be friendly.”

 

“Don’t be.”

 

“It’s not you who decide.” Yujin smirked. Seems like the other also know how to play with words. “What brings you here?”

 

“I... just wanna drink.” 

 

“Yes of course, no one came here without getting drunk, at least a bit.” 

 

“I.. nevermind. You should go enjoy the yourself .”

 

“Not really. I actually want to find someone. I am not sure if that person still remember me or not. I am telling you because you might know her.”

 

“Oh maybe. What is her name?”

 

“Should I just show her picture? She is quite famous.” Chaewon take her phone to search for the photo. Then show it to Yujin.

 

“I know her.” Of course Yujin knew because it’s someone closed. “But may I ask, why do you want to find her.”

 

“I only tell you this, since you know her.” Chaewon seems a bit worried to tell Yujin about that. “She is my ex girlfriend.” Words couldn’t describe how shocked Yujin was. 

 

“She is what? Your ex girlfriend?” Yujin took a drink first before continued. “So why did you want to find her?”

 

“Why? I couldn’t? Do she already have someone else?”

 

“How would I know?” Yujin take her jacket and rushed outside. She just going to smoke and go home. It’s quite late afterall.

 

“Wait. Can I be your friend? I mean a friend. Not just as someone who work together.” Chaewon run after her. 

 

“I’ll think about it later.” 

 

///

 

Yujin woke up in her room with a quite headache. She looks around to make sure she didn’t do anything funny. Take a look at the clock and sigh. It’s afternoon again. She needs to fix her sleep cycle. Sleep late and woke up late isn’t healthy. 

 

It’s Sunday. What should she do for today? Maybe just sleep all day. Maybe not. Chaewon texted her. She wants to meet Yujin. It’s not about last night. It’s about the lawyer. She already forgot that she got something to do. Thank goodness the other girl just reminded her. Or else she would be interrogated by her big boss.

 

She just took a quick shower and going out. The thoughts about her mum already faded slowly. That’s exactly what Yujin wanted. 

 

Chaewon asked her to meet at the restaurant because she haven’t eat lunch yet. Yujin just agree as she also want something to eat. She never leave her cap when meeting with someone like this. At least she could hide her face if she met someone that she knows.

 

“Did you ordered yet?” Yujin asked Chaewon as soon as she take a seat.

 

“I am waiting for you. I don’t know what would you like to eat.” They placed their order when the waiter came to their table. 

 

“So any news?”

 

“Do you always straightforward like this?” Not really actually. Yujin just want to discuss about it before the food is ready. “Okay firstly, the lawyer. You know who is his name?” Yujin shakes her head. “Yah. How do you guys do your work if you don’t even know your enemy’s name?” Well actually Yujin never knew such details since the old man only gives photos instead of names. “His name is Choi Jinhyuk.”

 

“I think I’ve heard that name before. Whatever, just continue.”

 

“He owned a law firm.”

 

“I know about that. And then what else.”

 

“For now, we sure that he planned something with Mr Park. Or should I just called him Park Hae Soo.” Yujin still waiting for the other girl to continue. Why do she have to tell a story in such a suspense mood. “We still don’t know what they want to do. But I am sure it is something horrible.”

 

“That’s it? After you make me dead curious?” Chaewon smirked. ‘Oh my gosh this girl.’ Yujin thought. She knows the smirk mean that it is not ended there.

 

“This might just the start of their game. But you should know this. They begin to spread fake news about our gang.” Chaewon shows her a picture and the news form her phone. It is about the drugs. Again.

 

“Don’t they have any other ways? It’s always the drugs.”

 

“Read carefully. It’s not ‘just’ the drugs.” Yujin take her phone to look back at the texts.

 

“Wait. Since when did we sell drugs to underage? No. We didn’t even sell drugs.” With the current news. The police might be looking for the them. Basically it must be dangerous for them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter