Your Honor

Twist of Fate

Their days continued, they kept exchanging messages with each other, and going out together everytime they're free.

It's been months, they never talked about their feelings. No progress. 

 

 

From: Yongsun Unnie 

It was fun today Byul 🥰 Thank you. Sleep well

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Me too Unnie, I really enjoyed my free time today, because I'm with you

From: Yongsun Unnie

Byul 

From: Byulie

yes?

From: Yongsun Unnie

I love you 

 

Yongsun felt nervous as she hit send. To be honest, being with Byul all day didn't help. She's having a crisis, she's happy with what she and Byul have at the moment, and she wants to cherish it. Byul has always been kind, thoughtful, and she's always there for Yongsun, it made her doubt, maybe all those actions were platonic, maybe she shouldn't have to put her hopes high. 

She doesn't usually wait for any response whenever she says 'I love you' to Byul, she wants to openly express her feelings for the younger.

It's tormenting her, she feels like she's stuck in the middle of yes and no. There are times that Byul will make her feel that she likes her too, and there are times where Byul will make her lose hope.

 

She looked at her last message, she felt hurt, she looked pathetic. She feels like she's clinging to her so much and the younger is just too kind to hurt her. 

'Moon Byulyi, please don't give me false hope. I don't think I can bear the pain if you will keep hurting me like this' she said to herself as she stares at her phone 

'This is much worse than rejection' she thought

As she's trying to collect her thoughts, her phone vibrated. She ignored it.

 

This is it, as much as she wants to keep Byul by her side, she felt like the younger is struggling too with their situation. She finally found the courage to ask her to talk about their feelings. She doesn't care if Byul's response will hurt her or not.

She opened her messages and she noticed the younger's last message to her.

 

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Unnie, when are you free?

From: Yongsun Unnie

I'm free on friday, why?

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Can we talk?

 

Yongsun's heart skipped a beat after reading the last message, she was preparing for this, she's having a bad feeling about the 'talk.' Despite being prepared, she's still afraid, she's still hurting, negative thoughts kept clouding her mind.

 

From: Yongsun Unnie

Sure. Just text me the address. Will be very busy until then. See youuu 

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Study well Unnie. I love you too

 

Yongsun's eyes widen after seeing that 'I love you too' 

They have been exchanging messages since the time they had each other's number, Yongsun had sent countless "i love you's" but this is the very first time that Byul responded.

This didn't help either, she was ready for the worse, letting go of her romantic feelings for the younger, but she kept on confusing her. She didn't know if she should be happy or not.

Byul is naturally affectionate and clingy, she thought maybe Byul is just saying affectionate words in a platonic manner. Yongsun doesn't want that, and she didn't need that.

 

From: Yongsun Unnie

Byul, if you will keep on doing this, we really need to talk

 

Yongsun sighed in defeat. She is far more exhausted overthinking about Byul than her case digests. She threw her phone far from her and propped herself on her study table to continue on reading.

 

 

Moonbyul's POV

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Study well Unnie. I love you too

 

She's screaming, giggling, and wiggling her feet as she hit send. She really can't find a perfect time to tell Yongsun about her feelings. She didn't know what's into her today, that she bravely sent an 'I love you too' 

Nonetheless, she felt relieved after sending that text. She felt like it was something she should've told Yongsun long ago. After all these days, she was busy planning, knowing what Yongsun likes or hates so she can make her proposal perfectly and memorable for both of them. 

 

From: Yongsun Unnie

Byul, if you will keep on doing this, we really need to talk

 

After reading Yongsun's reply, she felt that something is off. She's having a bad feeling about this, she decided to leave the message on read. 

Yongsun's message made her overthink

'Is she mad at me?'

'Did I do something wrong?'

'Why is she acting different?'

She didn't notice the single tear falling from her left eye, she wiped it. She held her chest and she can't contain her cry anymore. She broke down, silently crying on her pillow. The thought of Yongsun leaving her broke her heart. The older has became a part of her daily routine, the moment she wakes up until she sleeps, there is always 'Yongsun Unnie'

That night, she cried herself to sleep

-----

The days passed, to Byul, it felt like weeks.

Yongsun is replying coldly on her messages, ignoring her calls saying she's busy. Instead of feeling grumpy and offended towards the older, she used this time to prepare for her simple proposal

 

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Unnie, you still busy?

From: Yongsun Unnie

Nope, done with classes

From: Byulie ❤🌙

let's just meet on that amusement park, near Hadandong tom

From: Yongsun Unnie 

k

 

------

Byul went on the amusement park, 30 minutes earlier than Yongsun, she examined the place, she already bought tickets. She really prepared for this day, she wore a simple jeans and shirt but those are her favorites

She went to sit on the bench beside the dinosaur-themed playground, far from people but closer to small children. 

She messaged Yongsun her location, she didn't received any response.

Not long after that, she saw Yongsun, wearing shorts and a blouse. Her face lit up, rushing to hug the older. She embraced the older tightly, but Yongsun just stood there. 

Yongsun smiled at her bitterly, they walked holding the hands of each other.

 

"Unnie! I thought you'd get lost. This amusement park is not that famous here in Busan, even some locals doesn't even know this place exists" Byul said as she clings her hand to Yongsun like a koala

-- "How could I not? I spent my whole childhood here, with wheein" she replied, her mind is somewhere far. Byul noticed that.

They rode different rides, from the simple to extreme rides. They tried all of them. 

They looked at each other as they step a foot in that frightening rollercoaster. Byul knew that Yongsun is a bit scaredy cat when it comes to extreme rides. When the rollercoaster was about to drop, she held Yongsun's hands, tight. 

She felt Yongsun forcefully trying to loose from her grip. She felt hurt, she wanted to cry, but not in front of her unnie, she collected her thoughts, trying her best not to ruin their moment. 

After the tiring ride, Yongsun felt hungry. They went in a small but cute restaurant. They ordered and they silently ate their food.

Both were preoccupied with their own thoughts. Byul noticed that Yongsun kept trying to avoid her eyes when they talk, and from time to time she can see though glances that Yongsun's eyes are clouded with tears, Yongsun kept on looking up to prevent it from falling. She knew something bad is about to happen. On the other hand, Yongsun can't stop thinking how she can end it with Byul without hurting her badly. 

 

Byul looked at Yongsun's eyes, and there she saw it again, Yongsun is hurting, and she can't deny that it's because of her. She excused herself and she went to the bathroom. 

She went to fix her light makeup but as soon as she saw her eyes, she broke down, silently whimpering.

'You can do this byul-ah! You will propose to her today, you worked really hard for this! Whatever her answer might be, you will do this!' She said to herself 

She wiped her tears, she fixed herself, and she went back to Yongsun.

"Unnie, are you done?" Byul asked

-- "yeah" Yongsun replied. She looked at Byul and she noticed that the younger cried, her eyelashes are still wet, her nose is still red, there's nothing to deny, it's too obvious 

-- "Byul-ah did you cry?" Yongsun asked in concern

"No, nothing serious, just my hormones, I got my period today" she replied, stuttering. 

'Lies' yongsun thought 

-- "Shall we proceed on the talk? Byul-ah?" She asked

Byul nodded

They walked their way on the isolated bench behind the ferris wheel, it has a breathtaking view of the constellations and the sea

"They have this place here?" Yongsun asked

-- "Yeah, I only saw it earlier when I was waiting for you" Byul replied

an awkward silence filled the atmosphere

 

Yongsun spoke breaking the silence "Byul-ah, I think I should tell you that-"

"Unnie, me first, I asked you on a date, it's my turn" she cutted Yongsun. She felt that Yongsun will say something that will ruin her proposal. 

Yongsun hummed, anticipating Byul to speak.

"Unnie, why do you like me?" She asked in full seriousness 

Yongsun was taken aback with the sudden question but she regained her composure "There's nothing about you that you can't possibly like Byul-ah, you're perfect. You're pretty, smart, good actress, good at everything, you can cook too, you are a good friend, daughter, sister, and everyone can rely on you. But what really made me fall for you is your determination and hardwork, no matter how hard it can be, no matter how many rejections you get, you have the same amount of passion and motivation to do so. I don't need reasons to like you Byul, I like you because you are you" Yongsun said with sincerity in her eyes.

Byul felt a tear escaping her eyes, her heart beating fast, she held Yongsun's cheek.

"Unnie can I ask you something? Answer me in all honesty okay?" 

Yongsun hummed in response

Byul took a small box in her pocket, she leaned closer Yongsun

"Yongsun-ah, will you be my girlfriend?" Byul asked 

After hearing those words Yongsun started crying loudly, as if her burden was eased.

Byul tried to calm her down. Once she was fine, she looked at Byul in the eyes "Byul-ah are you sure?"

"I am unnie" Byul replied

"Yes" Yongsun said, not breaking her eye contact with Byul. The younger then started crying too

Once they both calmed down, Yongsun took the box from Byul's hand. She saw a ring with a moon engraved on it. "Why moon?" She asked 

"Because I'm wearing the sun" Byul replied as she showed her left ring finger

Yongsun felt touched, she wore the ring and she hugged Byul. 

"Byul-ah, why do you like me? Answer me in all honesty, please" she said imitating the younger

"Your honor, I solemnly affirm that I shall only speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" Byul said

-- "Where did you learn that?" Yongsun asked, laughing

"On dramas" Byul replied, feeling embarrassed 

-- "So why do you like me?"

"You're always sincere about everything, you always show me the purest form of yourself, you're not afraid to show me your worst and your best. With you, I felt trusted, secured, loved, and I feel like I could give you something that other people can't. I love your laugh, your smile, your cheeks. I was just simply attracted with your whole being, it's your fault for making me like this Kim Yongsun" she blurted. After she spoke, she took Yongsun's hand and she signed on her palm. 

Yongsun laughed at that action. 

"Unnie, I'm done with my signature, I think I need to seal my words" Byul spoke

She then leaned closer to Yongsun, and their lips locked. It was a chaste kiss, savoring every second. They let go of each other's lips when they felt they needed to breathe. 

"I love you Yongsun-ah" she said as she circle her thumb on Yongsun's cheeks

"I love you too Byul-ah" Yongsun said giving pecks to Byul's lips

They enjoyed the view, more people leaving the amusement park, it's almost midnight.

"Yongsun unnie?" Byul asked

"Yes babe?" Yongsun replied

Moonbyul giggled at what she heard, but her smile faded after she remembered what she's meaning to ask to the older.

"Unnie, were you trying to leave me earlier? I mean, breaking up the 'thing' we have?" Byul asked

Yongsun was shocked, she didn't notice that she was too obvious.

--  "Yes, but Byul, it was so hard for me to come up with that decision" 

"Why? Did I do something?"

-- "No, you're not the problem. I felt like maybe you just can't say no to me because you don't want to hurt me, so I decided to end it since I started it. And it must be hard on your part too, I don't want to be a burden to you in any way, I'm sorry" Yongsun said, feeling ashamed

"I'm so sorry unnie if I confused you, if my intentions were not clear to you, I'm just afraid, I never had this feeling before, Unnie you are my first everything. I'm sorry too"

They hugged each other, and they decided to go home. Just like that, their feelings finally left out from their mouths. A love that was so genuine and pure.

 

-----

Hi sorry if I'm missing some updates, I was a bit busy with my part time work cause I badly need some funds for school. But don't worry, whatever happens I will never abandon this story. 

Thank you to my subscribers and the upvotes. Feel free to leave feedbacks