Untitled

Twist of Fate

🚨🚨🚨Angst 🚨🚨🚨


 

"Wheein-ah!" Byul kept on convincing the younger to speak, she's starting to get worried too

-- "Unnie, can you bring me to the hospital?" Wheein is shaking, stuttering, struggling to form coherent sentences.

"What happened?" Byul is panicking too 

Wheein is ignoring her plead. She's silent, checking her phone from time to time

"Unnie, I will drive, you don't look good too" Hyejin spoke

"Go with them Byul. Rene and I will take care of the rest in here" Seulgi said

 

 

Hyejin, Byul, and wheein are all anxious. They rode wheein's car. Everyone's worried, especially Wheein and Byul at the back seat. Hyejin started the car, with no specific direction in mind. 

"Hyejin-ah, go straight to Choonhae Hospital" Wheein spoke, her eyes are looking far, waiting for any text messages. She stopped crying but she's feeling uneasy and more agitated.

"Wheein, what happened? Is it your dad? The one you spoke with" Byul is persistent on asking 

Wheein sighed, "No, it's my dad's secretary" she said, her eyes wandering on the road. "Hyejin-ah, can you go faster?" she demanded, ceaselessly moving on her seat.

Byul is worried so she called Yongsun, to ask any updates on what happened, but no one's answering. She's starting to have a bad feeling, she called her mother. 

"Hello, Byul-ah?" 

-- "Mom, can you take Yongkeey from the apartment? Something came up, I think it's about Yong's dad"

"Okay, I will. Did you call Yongsun already? Stay with her" Mrs. Moon stated

-- "She's not answering her phone" Byul answered

"She must be so preoccupied" 

-- "Thanks mom, we're on the way to Choonhae" she said, looking at the window

"Call me if you need something. Bye" Mrs. Moon ended the call

 

-----

 

Not long afterwards, they reached the parking lot. Wheein ran towards the hospital entrance, followed by Byul and Hyejin.

They reached the waiting area, right in front of the emergengy room. Wheein rushed towards her crying mother, giving her comfort and positive words.

Byul looked around, Yongsun and her dad are not in sight, she asked wheein. 

"Where's Yong?"

Wheein can't look at her in the eyes. Byul is having mixed emotions, she felt like crying. 

She's shaking Wheein's shoulder as she shout "Wheein-ah! Where's Yongsun?!"

Wheein cried louder, "I'm sorry unnie, I'm sorry" 

As they converse with their heavy emotions, the emergency room suddenly opened. A familiar face caught Byul's gaze, the patient is surrounded with nurses and doctors.

She felt her soul leaving her body, right there, she saw her girlfriend, unconcious. Yongsun is covered with blood, her face is unrecognizable with the big wound on her head, but she knew, in any angle she will recognize Yongsun. 

'there's no doubt, that's her' she thought as she saw the face.

Her tears started running down her cheeks, she chased Yongsun, running, crying, shouting.

"Yong! Please wake up! Yong! Yongsun!" her words are all incoherent, her sobs are louder. She's shouting her name, but she can't hear herself, all she can hear is her heart beating loud and fast. She stumble as she chase her girlfriend, there, she cried to her heart's content, not leaving the floor.

Wheein can't help but cry too, she hugged Byul tightly, calming her down. With her unending cries, Byul can't think properly, she hugged the younger back to ease her pain, her fears, and her anxiousness. 

 

----

 

Byul finally calmed down, still crying, but not as much as before. 

The doctor came to them. 

"May I talk to Yongsun-ssi's gurdian?" the doctor spoke

-- "I'm her mother" Mrs. Kim replied

Byul looked at her with disgust and anger.

"Mayor. I'm sorry to tell you but your daughter had to undergo surgery, she's dealing with pulmonary hemorrhage, it's the internal bleeding in her lung area. We suspect that it happened due to the impact, if she will survive this surgery, she will have a higher rate of survival. but you don't need to worry, the surgery is not that crucial, we have the best surgeons here in Choonhae" the doctor assured them 

Wheein and Byul is silently listening.

-- "Doc, after that surgery will she be okay?" Byul interrupted, still not feeling well, her eyes are swollen, and her face is puffy.

"Uhm, so far, we can't determine if she will survive without complication, she also needs to go under surgery with her liver injury, that is more risky than her pulmonary hemorrhage. We will do our best" the doctor bowed to Mrs. Kim. She sighed as she propped herself to sit.

"May I know who is Miss Byulie?" The doctor asked them

-- "That's me" Byul answered

"Are you the patient's friend?" 

-- "Girlfriend"

"Miss you need to go to police station for some questioning. The police found out that you're last person she spoke with before the accident happened"

Byul was picked by the police car on the way to the station

 

-----

 

She's still uneasy, her mind is all over Yongsun. She felt like she's being suffocated being away from her girlfriend. 

"Miss Moon Byulyi? We found out that you're last person she spoke with. We have few questions, we ask for your cooperation for this investigation, we need you to answer honestly" the police spoke

Byul only nodded

"Do you think Ms. Kim Yongsun was drunk when the accident happened?" 

-- "No"

"Did she mentioned anything suspicious, that might be involved in the accident?" 

Byul remembered the black car, she immediately took her phone and showed the picture to the police 

-- "She told me, a black car has been following her since morning and she sent me this" 

The police checked it, tracing Yongsun's location with the records from cctv, he confirmed it, Yongsun was being followed.

"We can confirm your claim Miss Moon, but on the sight of the accident, this black car was not involved" he said

-- "Officer, can I see what really happened?" Byul asked

The officer nodded, showing the cctv footage to Byul. 

Byul flinched when she saw how the huge 10-wheeler truck crushed Yongsun's tiny car

"Miss Moon, the truck driver was slightly wounded, but Miss Kim Yongsun was critical. It was clear that she's beating the red light, but the truck driver is willing to take any charges if the family will raise a complaint"

-- "I don't know, I don't think they will. Can we watch it again?" Byul spoke, massaging her forehead.

Both intently watch the clip, continuously.

"I see, Miss Moon, she's speeding to avoid the black car that has been following her, due to that she missed the traffic light, thus leading to the accident. Can I have the copy of the picture?"

-- "Sure" Byul answered

Byul finished her remaining business in the police station. 

She went back to the hospital, weak, worn out, and crying. 

 

-----

 

Wheein and her Mom's is nowhere to be seen in the waiting area. 

She sat there until she fell asleep, cold, uncomfortable.

Wheein sent Hyejin home.

She came back to check something but she was heartbroken as she saw Byul, sleeping uncomfortably in the waiting area.

She took her phone to call Seulgi

"Unnie, are you home already?"

-- "Nope, still driving"

"Can I ask you a favor? It's about Byulyi unnie"

-- "Sure, why? What happened?"

"Do you have her mom's phone number?"

-- "I don't, but Yongsun unnie has" 

Wheein awkwardly laughed "Do you know where she lives?"

-- "Byul? Of course we're friends since highschool"

"Can you go and tell her mom to get Byulyi unnie? She's here in ChoonHae Hospital right now"

-- "Sure"

 

Seulgi and Byul's mom came to the waiting area. Wheein is talking to Mrs. Moon , meanwhile Seulgi checked on her friend. She felt bad, Byul looked really exhausted, tears are gradually falling as she sleeps. Seulgi is clueless, she woke up Byul to take her home, she badly needs rest.

"Byul-ah! Wake up, your mom's here" Seulgi spoke

Byul slowly opened her eyes, she saw her mom. Mrs. Moon went to hug her, Byul can't help it anymore, she broke down, crying on her mother's shoulders. 

"Mom, it's my fault, I shouldn't have asked her to come" she said, hugging her mom tighter

-- "It's not your fault Byul-ah, it's an accident" her mom comforted her 

Seulgi is only looking at them, confused.

"Yah! Kim Wheein, what happened?" Seulgi asked

-- "Unnie got into an accident" she said, emotionally exhausted, she sighed 

"Where's your parents?" 

-- "On the room, dad was really shocked after hearing the news, he fainted. He has a weak heart so mom has been taking care of him until unnie is done with her surgery"

Seulgi hugged the younger "Be strong wheein-ah, call me if you need help"

 

 

Seulgi and Mrs. Moon are struggling to convince Byul to go home.

"Mom, I'll stay here"

-- "Byul, it's late, you need to eat" Mrs. Moon said

"Unnie! The surgery will probably end tomorrow, you should take a rest until then" wheein interrupted

"No, I'll stay here, I can take care of myself" Byul said, shoving everyone off away from her 

"Byul, do you think Yongsun unnie will be happy if she saw you doing this? No one's stopping you from seeing her, but for now, you need to go home. Look at yourself! You're obviously tired" Seulgi said

Byul calmed down, a single tear fell from her eye "Let's go" she said in monotone 

 

-----

 

Yongsun's surgery was done successfully, but she's still unconcious. It's been a week, Byul will always stay beside her bed. Everyday, she will take care of her girlfriend, talking with her, updating her with everything. She only comes home to take a shower and to eat, and she will spend her whole day with Yongsun.

 

Byul is currently sleeping, her head leaning on Yongsun's bed. Mrs. Moon woke her up.

"How's Yongsun?"

-- "better" 

"That's good. I brought food, eat this"

Byul didn't refuse the offer, she ate with her mom.

They were silent, until Byul initiated a talk

"Mom, can I just stay here?"

-- "Byul! You can't. You need to leave in three days, it's written in the contract" Mrs. Moon denied

Byul cried, "Sorry mom, I already made my decision. I will stay with Yongsun"

-- "Byul, listen, if you will not comply, the company might file a lawsuit against you"

"I don't care, I will stay here." she said, sobbing

Mrs. Moon left the room, defeated. 

On her way to the exit, she came across wheein

"Hello, Mrs. Moon! Did you went to see Byulyi unnie?" she greeted the elder

-- "Yes" Mrs. Moon smiled bitterly. Wheein noticed that

"Is there anything wrong?" Wheein asked in concern

Mrs. Moon sighed "Byul made her mind, she said she will stay here with your sister"

"What? She will not go to Seoul anymore? How about the company? What did they say?"

-- "I already made tons of excuse to change her mind, she's really up to it. You can talk to her, maybe you can change her mind" Mrs. Moon held her hand, smiling at her genuinely

"I'll try my best" 

 

-----

 

It's 9pm, Byul won't leave the room. It's already late but inside the hospital, beside Yongsun, she can't feel the time, she doesn't know if it's day or night.

Wheein knocked, bringing a box of chicken from her favorite restaurant. 

"Unnie! Any progress?" Wheein spoke

Byul smiled at her "She's even better than last time, she's more stable now"

"I bought some chicken, unnie mentioned it's your favorite" 

-- "She did?!" Byul asked in surprise, looking at Yongsun

"Yup, she told me since this is my favorite too" 

They munched on their chickens. Sitting beside Yongsun.

"Unnie I heard the news"

-- "News? About what?"

"Your mom told me, you want to stay here"

Byul smiled awkwardly "Ah, about that, yeah, I made my mind. I will stay here" she said, holding Yongsun's hand

"Unnie, I don't think you should" wheein spoke, looking at her seriously

-- "What? Why?" Byul asked her, confused, furrowing her eyebrows

"I don't think unnie will be happy if she will wake up knowing you chose her over your dreams. When you two fought, she was with me that night. She was really upset. She told me, no matter what happens, she wants you to chase the path of becoming an actress, she said that's really your first love" Wheein chuckled at the end 

-- "I want to be by her side once she open her eyes, I want to be the first person she will see when she wake up"

"Unnie will be more happy if you will choose yourself, I'm sure you don't want her to live in guilt. She will only feel bad with that decision" Wheein is persistent on convincing her

Byul leaned to Yongsun, caressing her hair "Is that what you really want? Yong?" 

"Unnie, think about it, more carefully. Everyone's rooting for you, you have a very bright future ahead of you. If you really love my sister, you will consider her opinion about this. Continue what you two have planned" 

Byul only nodded. she leaned to Yongsun, checking on her girlfriend. 

When wheein left the room, she contemplated on what wheein told her.

 

 

Not long afterwards, she called her mom

"Mom"

-- "Byul-ah, do you need anything? Is Yongsun fine?" 

"Sorry for making you worry, wheein talked to me"

-- "What did she tell you?"

"Sorry mom, I know you're hurting too because of me. I don't want to cause any more trouble, I will go to Seoul"

-- "Byul-ah! Are you sure?"

Byul hummed "But mom, you will update me about Yong right? Everyday"

-- "Of course"

"Mom, I'm sorry"

-- "Byul-ah, Mom loves you"

 

-----

 

It was the day she's been fearing. She's at her shared apartment with Yongsun, she's gathering all her stuff, she also took some of Yongsun's belongings such as clothes and perfume. She took it in case, she misses the older.

"Yongkeey-ah, let's go" she said. She took Yongkeey's leash and they walked to the apartment's entrance, Byul's manager is waiting for her. 

 

"Miss Moon Byulyi, shall we?" The woman spoke

Byul nodded. She already said goodbye to her parents yesterday, she also said goodbye to Yongsun and her family. 

They rode the taxi, her manager beside the driver, while Byul and Yongkeey is at the backseat. 

Not even a minute since the taxi reached the main road, Byul received a text message from Wheein.

 

From: Wheeinie

Unnie, come here. Faster. Yongsun unnie is awake.

 

As soon as she saw the text, she panicked, she instantly told the driver to go straight to Choonhae Hospital. Her manager didn't say anything, she knows Byul's situation

 

Byul ran, with Yongkeey on her right hand, followed by her manager.

Right in front of Yongsun's room, Byul was blocked by some nurses.

"Miss, pets are not allowed inside the patient's room" the nurse told her

She gave the leash to her manager and she rushed inside. As soon as she saw Yongsun, with her eyes open. She hugged her girlfriend, her tears starting to fall one by one because of joy. 

"Yong! I missed you so much" She said, as she trap her girlfriend in a tight embrace, sobbing.

She noticed, Yongsun is crying too, she quickly wiped it. 

"Yong, be strong. Yongkeey and I will go to Seoul today, always call me hmm? Always update me about your condition" 

"Miss Moon, we're going to miss the train" Her manager spoke

Byul quickly kissed Yongsun in the cheeks, saying her goodbyes, she also kissed her in the hand. 

Byul can't take her eyes off her girlfriend. She took Yongkeey, lifting her. 

"Yongkeey-ah, you should say goodbye to your mom" The door through Yongsun's room is open, she made Yongkeey said her goodbye by waving her paws, Yongsun is looking at their direction. 

Yongkeey only barked, recognizing Yongsun. 

"Miss Moon, are you ready to go?"

 

-----

 

Byul, her manager, and Yongkeey reached the Busan KTX station, they rode the train. Inside, Byul is happily informing her parents and friends that Yongsun is already awake. 

After weeks of crying, this is the first time she smiled and laugh again. She's cheerfully playing with Yongkeey.

"Miss Moon, as we reach Seoul, you will be sent directly to your dorm"

 

 

 


I apologize to my readers for playing with your emotions 😩 

I totally forgot to put angst in the tags because I didn't expect that the story will be cutted in this part too. 

The story is about to end, thank you for reading up to the end.