D-day

Twist of Fate

Hello, you can leave feedbacks if you like ^^ I'm gonna leave some note here about the characters, some may get confused with their age so here it is

Moonbyul 18, Wheein 17, Hyejin 17, Seulgi 18 ( freshmen student)

Yongsun 19, Irene 19 (Both 2nd year student)


 

Yongsun woke up to the sound of the alarm beeping, she's a morning person, her day usually starts as early as 5am so waking up early was never a problem to her. She urgently smashed her alarm clock, carefully not to wake Moonbyul up. It's 3am in the morning, she quickly prepared food for Byul. She then went back to the room to wake up the younger. 

"Byul-ah, wake up" she said as she shakes her body, urging her to open her eyes

"Unnie" she smiled brightly, but her smile faded when she noticed that she's in an unfamiliar place "Unnie, where are we?"

"We're in my place, I forgot to send you home sorry" she said pouting her lips, reaching Byul's hand, giving it a soft kiss "I already told your mom, I'm sure she's worried so get up now, I prepared food for us"

The two ate quietly, moonbyul feeling dizzy after sleeping too much.

Moonbyul, looking around, examining the apartment "Unnie, you live alone?"

"Yup, I used to live with dad when I was in Highschool though"

-- "Your family is weird unnie, wheein lives with your mom and you live with your dad? And your parents are okay? I mean they don't fight?"

"My parents are not affectionate, but they really have a nice relationship despite living far from each other"

-- "You never lived together? As a family"

"We did when I was young, The separation thing only happened when mom became the congresswoman, and my dad became the director of MOCA in Hadandong"

-- "Sometimes, being rich doesn't sound fun"

"I know" Yongsun replied sipping her coffee

Once they're done with their meal, they went to Yongsun's car to send Moonbyul home. Yongsun checked her watch to look at the time and she started the car.

"I told your mom you will be home at four, I need to make a good impression" she chuckled

-- "Don't worry, my mom knows about you" Moonbyul replied

Yongsun furrowed her brows and tapped Byul's leg "what do you mean?"

-- "I always mention you to my mother, I barely have friends in college, of course I will tell my mom that I have an awesome Unnie" 

The older smiled at what she heard "You introduced me to your mother as?" expecting a good answer from Byul

-- "A friend?" she said hesitantly

Yongsun only nodded "Oh, does she know that I like her daughter?"

"Uhm, I didn't mention that part" Moonbyul chuckled nervously

"I see" Yongsun's smile died after hearing that. "Tell your mom we're near"

After a few minutes, they reached their destination. A woman in a cardigan appeared in the entrance, waiting for someone.

"Oh, mom's here" Byul said

Byul left the car, followed by Yongsun. Moonbyul rushed to her mother, hugging her. The lady gave Byul a soft kiss on the forehead. Yongsun smiled to the view.

"Aigoo, you must be Yongsun" Mrs. Moon said

-- "Yes, ma'am, I'm sorry I forgot to send her home last night"

"Don't mind it Yongsun-ah, I was just a little worried, it's the first time Byul slept out" she said carressing Byul's hair

Yongsun bowed to Mrs. Moon -- "I think I need to go Ma'am, Byul still has to prepare for her class"

"Wait Yongsun-ah, take this" leaning her hands to give Yongsun a container filled with different side dishes and food

-- "Thank you" giving the a soft smile, staring a little longer at Byul.

Yongsun rode her car and went home. The two waited for Yongsun to leave, waving their hands saying goodbye.

 

"Byul-ah, are you sure she's just a friend?"

Byul widen her eyes, shocked "Y-yes" she replied stuttering

"I hate liars Byul-ah, what's with you and Yongsun-ah?"

She's feeling nervous and anxiuos "I told you mom, we're friends" she replied "-but she likes me"

"How about you? Do you like her?"

-- "Mom, please let's not talk about Yongsun unnie, I'm uncomfortable"

The two reached their apartment when Mrs. Moon grabbed her to sit at the couch.

"What is it mom?" Moonbyul asked, sensing the serious mood

"I know you Byul-ah. I know all your friends, even your past crushes, but this Yongsun, it's different with her"

Moonbyul only nodded

"Byul-ah listen to me, about Yongsun-ah, I'm not going to interfere about whatever is happening between you two, I just want you to know that whatever happens, I'm always glad to see my daughters happy"

Moonbyul felt a tear escaping her eyes, then she hugged her mom "Mom, what if I like Yongsun unnie too?"

Mrs. Moon patted Byul's head softly, calming her "then tell her. Have you forgot that I'm always your number one fan? You have my support, no matter what"

Moonbyul broke down, she's now a sobbing mess. She cried to her heart's content, on her mother's lap she fell asleep. Many guys have confessed to her, but when it comes to Yongsun, everything's strange, unreal and too good to be true. However, she's still afraid, everything's new to her, the feeling, the love, the comfort, everything's foreign, she's confused.

-----

 

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Unnie, I'm so nervous. I think I'm gonna faint

From: Yongsun Unnie

Just relax, I know you got it 😉

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Unnie, you're gonna come later right? Dad's gonna watch too!! I'm so happy 🥰

From: Yongsun Unnie

I'm sorry Byul-ah, we have exams tomorrow in cons law I don't think I can come :<< I'll make it up to you soon, I'm sorry 

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Heyyy, don't be guilty, your grade comes first! Don't worry I will ask my friend to take a video so you can still watch it

From: Yongsun Unnie

btw what time is the prod again? My dad's asking ㅋㅋㅋ

From: Byulie ❤🌙

it's 7pm Unnie~

From: Yongsun Unnie

Noted. It's getting late Byul-ah you should rest. Good night 😘

From: Byulie ❤🌙

Goodnight unnie, byeong!

 

It's the day of the prod, Byul is nervously re-reading all her lines backstage. Her eyes lit when she saw hyejin and wheein. 

"Hyejin-ah! wheein-ah!" she shouted

Hyejin went to hug her, wheein just stood there, looking at her. She went closer to wheein to give her a hug when wheein pushed her away.

"Wheein-ah what's wrong? Did I do something bad?" she asked

-- "I'm just not in the mood unnie!" wheein replied, irritated and rolling her eyes

Wheein then went to talk to other singers and hyejin comforted her

"Don't worry unnie, I'll talk to her"

Moonbyul, feeling defeated, she went back to her seat reading her script.

------

Yongsun went to push the people in her way, making a way for herself to go to her seat. 'I bet Byul will get surprised that I came' she thought. She positioned herself in the front, nearest to the stage.  She's wearing a mask and shades so Byul will not recognize her easily.

She felt her heart beating faster when she heard the sounds, hinting that the show will start. She attentively watched the prod, she's melting everytime Byul will speak a line. Byul is always pretty and today is no exemption. 'she looks gorgeous' she thought. She took some pictures of Byul, she realized, they have shared a lot of moments together but they never had a picture together. She felt sad at the thought. The show is now finished, applauses echoing the auditorium. The actors went backstage to change their clothes. Yongsun rushed backstage to greet Byul.

"Hi, Miss you're such a great actress, I'm a fan. Can I take a picture with you?" Yongsun said giving Byul a bouquet of sunflower

-- "Sure, what's your name by the way?" Byul asked

"Sunhae" Yongsun said, trying her best not to laugh

Byul asked one of her co-actors to take a picture of them. Meanwhile Yongsun took her mask and shades away, she then leaned closer to Byul for a picture. 

"One more time please" Yongsun spoke

Byul felt her heart beating fast, she recognized that voice. She then looked to the girl beside her "U-Unnie!" she shouted giving her a tight hug, burying her face on Yongsun's neck

-- "Surprise Byul-ah!" she replied her back 

"I thought you will not come"

-- "How could I not? You prepared 3 months for this" 

"It's all worth it unnie" she said,still holding her in a hug "- because you're here"

-- "Your whole family is here too Byul"

"Unnie, come with me, they must be waiting for me"

Yongsun took her phone, and as they walk towards the audience seat, she quickly changed her wallpaper to a photo of Byul and her hugging, it was accidentally captured while they were having their moment backstage. Yongsun giggled as she looks on her wallpaper, squeezing Byul's hand as they walk hand in hand

"Unnie, you said you have exams!" Byul said

-- "That's just an excuse. Well, partly real, my exams happened earlier" she laughed

They are both enjoying their time laughing, making fun of each other, when Seulgi and Irene greeted them.

"Byul-ah, my girlfriend, Irene" Seulgi said pointing to Irene

-- "Hello Irene Unnie, Seulgi told me about you"

"Oh really? Hello too Yongsun-ah. Is that your new girlfriend?" Irene blurted

Seulgi and Byul looked at each other in confusion.

"You know each other?" Byul asked

"We're from the same highschool, and now we're in the same university. Anyone in Dong-A knows about Kim Yongsun" She said to Byul, now turning to Yongsun "Yongsun-ah, how's you and eric? Did you too broke up?"

Yongsun, feeling awkward "Yeah we did, many months ago" 

"Oh, that's so sad, you two are like the sweetest couple in Dong-A everyone envied you, actually the only flaw I saw in Eric is that, wherever he goes he always flaunt how good you are in bed and-" 

"Rene, babe, I think we should go" she cutted her girlfriend, laughing awkwardly. She bowed to Yongsun pushing her girlfriend away from Byul and Yongsun "Nice meeting you Yongsun unnie, good job Byul, love your acting"

"Unnie are you okay?" She said, asking yongsun in concerned tone

"Yeah, I'm okay" 

Byul left speechless, clenching her fist, as she remembered how Eric treated Yongsun. She sighed to calm herself down. "Unnie, mom's there"

Byul welcomed her family, giving hugs to her parents and sister. Hearing compliments from each of her family members. 

"Uhm, Mrs. Moon, Mr. Moon, I think I need to go it's getting late" bowing to Byul's parents

-- "Are you really in a rush Yongsun-ah? We're planning to eat dinner out, come with us"

Yongsun was about to reject the offer when Byul answered for her "She will come with us mom, right unnie?"

Yongsun had no choice but to say yes.

-----

They went to a traditional korean restaurant. Everyone ordered. When the food was served. Byul's father started to tell Byul's childhood stories to Yongsun, making everyone laugh.

"Yah! Don't humiliate your daughter in front of her lover!" Mrs. Moon blurted, she was taken aback with her own words.

Yongsun choked from what she heard, byul patting her back.

"Are you okay unnie?" Byul asked

-- Yeah I'm fine" she said shyly

 

the dinner table was silent.

 

"Yongsun-ah right?" Mr. Moon spoke, breaking the silence

-- "Yes" she replied

"Are you my daughter's lover?" 

Yongsun is starting to sweat due to pressure and anxiety "Y-Yes, Mr.Moon" she said stuttering "I really like your daughter" she blurted regaining her composure

"What does your parents do?" Mr. Moon asked

"DAD!" Moonbyul shouted

Yongsun held Byul's thigh in assurance "Uhm, my dad is a businessman but he's kinda involved in politics too because of my grandparents, my mom is a congresswoman"

-- "I see, what's your father's name? I think I might know him, Busan is a small town you know" Mr. Moon asked chuckling 

"My dad's name is Kim Hyunsoo"

-- "Kim Hyunsoo?? Are you saying your grandfather is the mayor?"

"Yes" she replied shyly

-- "Please take care of my daughter, she's such a gentle kid, I trust you with her" Mr. Moon said reaching his hand to Yongsun for a handshake

After the dinner, Yongsun went to say goodbye to Byul's family. Mrs. Moon apologized to Yongsun for making her feel awkward during the dinner. 

"Unnie, come on" she walked Yongsun to her car

"Unnie, I'm sorry if my dad acted like that. It's really humiliating" Moonbyul said looking on the ground

-- "Yah Moon Byulyi" she said, holding Byul's chin making her look at her "How did your mom found out that I'm your LOVER" she said raising her brows

"I told her" she said shyly 

-- "Well, I'm glad your family likes me, even your sisters" she laughed "-and about your dad, I was a bit nervous earlier but being rich comes in handy most of the time." making them both laugh

"Still, I don't feel good that dad asked you invasive questions"

-- "it's nothing personal Byul-ah. I'm still happy that your parents trust me" 

They reached Yongsun's car and they said goodbye to each other

"Bye unnie, be careful in driving"

-- "Bye Byul!" Giving her a flying kiss 

 

------

Hi, I updated late again this time. I rested yesterday and I hope you guys are still enjoying the story. Give me feedbacks and upvotes >_< 

I don't really want to use eric as Yongsun's ex bc it's overused but I think it's not a big deal since Yongsun's ex will not play a big part in the story