Songdo

Twist of Fate

 

It was a morning, Yongsun woke up into nothing but an empty apartment. Wheein is no longer at the area.

Yongsun groaned as she stretched her body, she's still weary from last night's event. It was late, she quickly prepared herself to leave the apartment, she took her phone to check on her girlfriend.

 

From: Yong ❤

Babe, are you at home?

From: Byulie ❤🌙 

Nope, I'm at the uni. We have classes today, btw I forgot to bring Yongkeey to vet yesterday if ur not busy can you do it for me?

From: Yong ❤

Sure 🥰

 

Yongsun ditched her class today, the sem is about to end, thus professors are not attending classes anymore and only leaving some activities instead. She immediately went home to their shared apartment, she was welcomed by the sounds of Yongkeey's paws scratching the front door being thrilled by her arrival.

"Yongkeey-ah!" Yongsun instantly lifted her puppy, giving it numerous hugs and kisses. Yongkeey all over her face, wagging her tail in excitement. It has been days since she last saw her dog or should I say her 'daughter'

Yongsun was not surprised to see the her apartment wih so much cleanliness, everything is in order, even the foods inside her refrigerator. 

Byul is such a quick learner, she started with knowing nothing but only few house chores to doing everything on her own. Yongsun giggled remembering how clumsy and naive her girlfriend was when they moved together months ago. 

She smiled bitterly 'two months, is it?' she took a deep sigh 'why does it feels like our relationship has its own lifeline?' she said internally. She can't understand but she felt uneasy, she shrugged the thought off. She quickly took Yongkeey on her car on the way to the vet. Yongkeey got her vaccines, Yongsun was glad to hear positive feedbacks about the puppy's health. 

She checked her watch, it's late afternoon, something came into her mind. 

Yongsun always enjoys impulsive plans and get aways, opposite to what her girlfriend prefers. She drove to her favorite chicken place and she ordered a whole set of chicken, pizza, pasta, and all the foods that she and Byul likes. She called her girlfriend right away, as she drives heading to Pusan University.

"Byul-ah, where are you?" Yongsun spoke, grinning cheerfully. 

-- "Yong? I'm still at class but there's no professor. Are you done with yours? Let's go home together"

"I ditched mine" she bursted her high-pitched laugh

-- "You're crazy" Byul shaking her head in disbelief

"Hurry, I will pick you up on the entrance"

Byul hummed in approval "See you. Love you" ending the call with a smooching sound before she hang up.

Yongsun reached her destination in a short time, she was already halfway the road when she called her girlfriend. She pulled over, stopping at the side of the road, just in front of the entrance. She smiled, recognizing the lady only few meters away from her location. The woman was facing the opposite direction, thus showing her back to Yongsun, but she is clever, and she can identify Byul wherever they were. Yongsun rolled down her window, leaning her elbow on it, shouting not so loud but enough for Byul to hear. 

"Hey pretty!"

Byul was flustered, she knew that voice. She laughed, feeling embarassed. She's hesitating to look, she's aware that people are looking at Yongsun, whatever her girlfriend's plan is, it's ridiculous. After few seconds, she casually walked to Yongsun's car, covering her face.

Once inside, she quickly pecked her girlfriend's lips "I missed you" 

-- "Me too" Yongsun smiled, giving a light squeeze on Byul's thigh

Byul looked at the back seat, surprised by a tiny bark "Oh, my baby is here too" She said in her cutest tone, lifting the puppy and hugging it into her lap.

Yongsun melted at the sight, she then focused on the road "Are you hungry? I bought foods for us. It's on the backseat"

Byul rummaged on the backseat, looking for the food. "You bought pizza, wait what is this? Oh pasta, and chicken?!" She took the chicken right away.

She munched on the chicken, giving Yongkeey some pieces from time to time. 

"How about me? You're not gonna feed me?" Yongsun whined, pouting her lips

-- "Later, Yongkeey is all over me. She finished everything! oh my god stop! You're gonna end up overweight Yongkeey-ah" Byul complained

Yongsun giddily laughed, "I told you, our baby is growing fast, you better put her back on the dog carrier"

Byul nodded, obediently putting Yongkeey back. She then searched at the paperbags, looking for something

"Byul stop, it will get cold!" Yongsun said

-- "You only bought one order of chicken??" Byul asked

"I bought three, I knew you're addicted with them"

-- "It's my favorite since our first date, when you ordered them for me. It was delicious" Byul said munching on the second round of chicken

"Feed me" Yongsun opened wide. Byul throwing some right into . 

-- "Ouch! Why did you bite me?" Shaking her hands, she said, jokingly annoyed 

"I can't see, I'm driving" Yongsun chuckled

Byul looked at the window, watching at the sunset, when she felt that the road is unfamiliar "Yong, where are we going?"

"Secret" Yongsun said, trying her best not to smile

-- "A date?" Byul joyfully said

Yongsun looked at the rear- view mirror, checking on Yongkeey. "Family date" she answered

-- "Yong, it's late don't you have any classes tomorrow?"

"it's weekend so I don't, how about you?"

-- "None" Byul replied

"Good" Yongsun smirked

After a few minutes, Byul fell asleep. The younger must be tired from her classes. Yongsun checked on Byul, touching her forehead, her hands, checking her temperature as her eyes never left the road. 

Not long after that, she parked the car in a hotel. She woke up the younger. 

"Byul, we're here. Byul-ah!" as Yongsun continuously shakes her body

-- "Where are we?" Byul asked, rubbing her eyes

"You'll know if we get there, help me carry all our stuff" 

Yongsun carried the sleeping Yongkeey, leaving the carrier at the car while her other hand is busy carrying some of the foods she bought. Byul took the big backpack Yongsun asked her to get, she carried it in her back while her hands are busy holding the pizza and the remaining food.

Byul spoke as they reach the hotel lobby "You brought me in a hotel? Are you a ert? You even dared to bring our child?" pretending to be annoyed

"Shut up, Moon byulyi" Yongsun replied laughing

-- "Seriously why are we here? I thought it would be a family date?"

"Hmm, I think I have something better in mind" Yongsun looked at her suggestively, but she's internally dying of laughter 

Yongsun lead the way to the reception area, Byul followed her.

"Good evening, I'm Kim Yongsun I booked a room on the 22nd floor. I'm the one who called earlier" 

-- "Kim Yongsun-ssi? Let me check for a moment" the receptionist answered.

-- "Here's your card key ma'am"

Yongsun bowed and took it, Byul is puzzled but still following her. Both are silent until they reached their hotel room. It has a breathtaking view of Songdo Beach

Byul arranged their stuff in one corner, Yongkeey was playing on the ground meanwhile Yongsun was busy opening the huge curtain.

"Babe, look" Yongsun spoke, asking her to look at the view

-- "We're in Songdo??" Byul was surprised

"You were asleep the whole ride, I don't really intent to keep it a secret but you fell asleep on the way" Yongsun chuckled

 

The two finished their remaining food, and Yongsun asked her to walk along the shore before they rest. Byul agreed and they brought Yongkeey with them. 

The couple walked hand in hand while Byul's other hand is holding onto Yongkeey's leash. They can feel the cold breeze of the wind touching their skin, the gritty texture of the sand, they were silent but both can feel that this place speaks comfort, relief, and love. 

When they found a comfortable place with no people, far from noise, Yongsun took the blanket she had hanging on her shoulder. She spread the blanket on the sand, they sat there beside each other. Byul removed Yongkeey's leash and she let her play freely with the waves. The couple looked at each other and laughed at the sight. 

"Byul, do you remember the first time we went here?" Yongsun asked

Byul looked at her, filled with sincerity and adoration "How could I forget?..... That's the first time I fell in love" she said tracing circles on Yongsun's cheeks

Yongsun laughed "You're so cheesy." Suddenly she felt hot, she removed her overcoat, revealing her cute sweater, bare neck, and collarbone. Byul noticed the bandages on her neck.

"Yong what happened to your neck?" She tried to look closer, convincing her to speak. Yongsun tried to cover it, swatting Byul's hands far from it.

-- "It's nothing, I accidentally hurt myself with my nails" she nervously answered, avoiding eye contact. 

Byul looked at her in the eyes, she noticed the clouding tears on her girlfriend. She knew something was wrong.

"Let me check" Byul leaned to check the wound. Yongsun unconciously swatted her hand a bit stronger, but Byul held her still. 

Byul winced as she saw the wound, she hissed, the cigarette burn looks really awful on Yongsun's skin, there are also traces of crescent shaped wounds. There, she was sure, Yongsun was lying, she was obviously harrased.

Byul looked at her with intimidating eyes "Who did this?" she asked sharply. Yongsun's tear fell, she can no longer restrain them from falling. 

Yongsun wiped her tears, she collected herself and she spoke "You know who" her voice breaking at every word

Byul hugged her tight, Yongsun felt safe on her embrace, she finally calmed down. "I'm sorry" Byul spoke 

Yongsun broke the hug "why are you saying sorry? It's not your fault"

Byul leaned in her shoulder "When we fought, I mentioned your mother, I said ridiculous things about you. You trusted me with that, and I used it against you. I'm sorry" she said, her voice is being shaky

Yongsun looked at her, they're facing each other. "I understand, we're both overwhelmed with so much emotions that time"

Yongsun stared at her lovingly, she softly kissed her in the forehead "Sorry I made you overthink," she kissed Byul's right eye "Sorry I made you cry," she caressed Byul's cheeks and she pecked it lightly "Sorry, I slapped you" her voice breaking at the end. She then placed her palm on Byul's beating chest, right on the center where her heart was located "Sorry I broke your heart", her tears fell, it was unstoppable, she then leaned to Byul and she catch her lips, feeling the warmth of each other. Byul deepened the kiss, tongues dancing along with the ocean waves, that moment they felt loved, secured, and whole. 

Yongkeey went to their area, she went closer to Yongsun, pawing her. The couple broke the kiss, Yongkeey is looking at them, tilting her head. 

"She must be sleepy" Yongsun laughed. She positioned the puppy right in front of them, caressing her to help her fall asleep.

The couple is staring at the sea, they silently listened to the sound of the waves, hitting the shore.

"Byul?" Yongsun spoke, breaking the silence

Byul hummed in response

"I decided, I want to come with you in Seoul"

Byul immediately faced Yongsun in disbelief "What?! Yong, are you sure?" she exclaimed excitedly, her pitch going higher

Yongsun silenced her since Yongkeey is asleep

"Yes, but I think I need to finish graduate school first, it's only 2 more years. I don't think SNU will accept me that easily, I already inquired and this is the best option"

-- "Yong it's fine! It's better than staying here in Busan all your life" but her excitement died down remembering Yongsun's mom "-but how about your mom? She's planning to keep you as her successor, so you're not gonna be a politician anymore like what your mom wants?"

"Byul, my dream is to become a lawyer, and I can help people without owning a position in politics" 

-- "Yong, how about that wound? You should take an action against your mom, You're an adult already, that has been happening to you since you were a kid, how long has it been? Aren't you tired of this?" Byul spoke in concern

"I want to, but wheein and dad didn't know. Mom is very close to wheein, she will get hurt"

Byul stared at her longer, she tucked her girlfriend's hair behind her ear "but you're hurting for so long...... am I the only one who knows about this?"

Yongsun nodded. "Byul, after your graduation I want you to leave Busan as early as possible" 

Byul looked at her, confused "Why?"

"Mom knows that you're my weakness, if I will not think this through she might hurt you, your career, and even your family"

-- "Yong, I can wait as long as you wish" Byul said, scooting closer to Yongsun.

"Byul, no matter what happens, if I ever hurt you again, intentional or not, never hesitate to leave me" Yongsun said, her eyes are looking far

Byul felt a tug at the heart "Yong?" 

Yongsun hummed, her eyes feeling heavy.

Byul was about to speak but she stopped herself, changing the topic intead.

"If I'm already in Seoul make sure to visit me every time you're free, we will be together everytime it's your vacation break, you will message me always, videocall me at least thrice a day, we will celebrate special days together and-"

Yongsun cutted her "Byul, stop" she sighed heavily "If you're in Seoul, live your life as Moon Byulyi, make friends with your co-actors, learn a lot from your experiences, explore a lot of places you want to see, enjoy your life as you. Byul, how about your family? How about your friends? How about your career? You can't live your life revolving around me, I'm not your world, I'm just part of it and will always be. In this relationship, there should always be you and me. You're going to live far from me Byul-ah, use that time as an opportunity for individual growth. I never want to hinder you from doing anything you love, whatever happens you will chase your dreams" 

Byul nodded "I love you"

Yongsun smiled at her "I love you too" 

They captured each other's lips, it was sweet, intimate, and innocent.

-----

They went back to the hotel, Yongkeey is peacefully sleeping on their bed, while Yongsun is busy taking a shower, the younger is busy checking her thesis, her defense is only in a few weeks.

When Yongsun was done, she was shocked to see the older wearing nothing but bra and underwear. She have seen it more than hundred times before but tonight is different, is it because they're at the hotel? Is it because Yongsun's choice of lingerie is very provocative? She want to blame her hormones but no. She looked at Yongsun longer, drowning at the beautiful sight of Yongsun's perfect body, until her gaze met Yongkeey who is currently peacefully sleeping at their bed, looking so cute and angelic. She sighed 'nevermind' she thought 

"Yong I'm gonna take a shower" she said

Yongsun only signed an 'okay' with her hands as she do her skincare routine, facing the mirror.

After a few minutes, Byul dried her hair and she left the bathroom wearing nothing.

Yongsun is currently preparing herself to bed. Her eyes widen and she lightly threw a pillow to Byul's direction

"Yah! Moon Byulyi what are you doing???" She shouted, closing her eyes. Yongkeey woke up to the noise.

-- "What?" she asked, playing innocent

"Wear something, it's cold" averting her eyes to something far from Byul's body 

-- "I don't like the pajamas you picked, it's too old. It's also comfortable like this" she said making a lame excuse. She propped herself on the bed pulling the comforter right above her bare chest

Yongsun moved far from Byul, avoiding any physical touch "Stop, it's late Byul-ah I don't want to play your game"

-- "I'm not doing anything" She replied

"Yongkeey-ah, come here" Byul said, making the puppy sleep by her side

Yongkeey climbed to their bed, about to lay beside Byul when Yongsun took her away.

"No. You will not hug my daughter wearing nothing" Yongsun said 

-- "Okay, I will hug you instead" she said smiling widely, spreading her arms, moving closer to Yongsun, and successfully trapping her in a tight embrace, showering her with kisses.

"Oh my god! Byul! I can feel your! Stop!" she escaped from the younger's strain, sweaty, and out of breath. "Byul, what do you want?" she asked, still catching her breath

-- "look at me" She stood beside the bed, making sure Yongsun is looking.

Yongsun laughed "What was the reason? Is that your kink? You know I'm a very ual person, this is torture"

-- "No! It's just that, everytime I go you don't want to look. I have seen almost every inch of your body. Soon, I will go to Seoul, I want you to remember every inch of who I am, all the parts I loved and the parts I'm insecure with. You kept saying you'll get once you look but your eyes says otherwise, I'm bare and vulnerable, but I can't see any lust in you"

"Because the love I have for you is beyond physical Byul" Yongsun replied

Byul felt like tearing up with that statement "Do you hate seeing me ? Why do you always cover your eyes?" Byul curiously asked

"You're so curious at everything, don't you? It's because I don't have your consent"

-- "But I always look at you wearing clothes like that, and I didn't ask you, is that bad?"

Yongsun laughed "No, I dress like this because I'm comfortable to be seen like this with just you. And the situation about you is different, whenever I see you you were asleep, unconcious, taking a bath without locking the door, and such. I don't want you to feel invaded, we may be a couple, but it doesn't mean I'm always permitted to do anything with you, I need to ask" 

-- "Like " Byul asked

"Yeah, like " Yongsun smiled genuinely

-- "Can we do it now?" 

"Sorry, but as far as I remember it's not december 22 today"

Yongsun laughed and Byul whined

"Go get your clothes, you will get sick" Yongsun said 

Byul wore an oversized shirt and an underwear. She took Yongkeey from the ground and she hugged her. 

"Done" Byul spoke

Yongsun chuckled, she stood and she closed all the lights, she went back on the bed beside Byul with Yongkeey between them.

She kissed Byul in the forehead, as well as Yongkeey. 

 

'If this is happiness, I don't want it to end' she thought

 


Hi readers! This is the longest chapter I wrote so far, I hope you enjoyed this chapter

 

Please leave a comment and upvotes. Thank you. Let's support wheein's new solo comeback this april, I'm excited