End;

Twist of Fate

 

It was a swift ride from Busan to Seoul, in less than three hours they reached Seoul station. Byul and her manager are busy taking all of their luggage from the luggage rack. 

They were both engrossed, both in haste, there are men waiting for them outside. Byul didn't even notice her phone ringing, she doesn't have time to check it, she's busy checking and counting if her stuff are complete. 

Following that, she took Yongkeey by the leash, carrying her luggage by the other hand. She stepped out of the train, Yongkeey pulling her in every direction as it's her first time to go to an unfamiliar place like Seoul. Yongkeey was excited, wagging her tail, looking at Byul with her tongue sticking out. 

She smiled at the view. 

There are many people, she walked fastly, worried that Yongkeey might get stressed with the noise and the crowd. 

Her phone rang, she looked at it. She was surprised seeing who the caller was. It was wheein, she didn't expect her call since they met before she left the hospital. She answered it, thinking the younger wants to say goodluck messages.

 

"Hey, Wheein-ah! Miss me already?" chuckling as she spoke

Her smile turned into a frown, hearing the younger sob, crying, and stuttering on the other end of the phone

-- "Unnie.....Yongsun unnie is" her voice breaking at the end, her words are almost inaudible "Unnie she's gone.....not long after you left" 

Byul was shocked, her legs weakened making her fall on the floor. She whimpered, she started crying, attracting people's attention.

"Miss Moon! Let's go" her manager shouted, clueless.

Byul is wailing, mourning, sobbing so loud. Her hands are shaking, loosing her grip on the phone.

Wheein can hear all her cries. 

At that point she doesn't care how she looks, she doesn't care if people complains, all she cares is her heart being broken into tiny pieces. She can't even speak. Her heart is beating fast, she saw the train doors closing, she panicked. She wants to go back, she stood weakly, hitting the door, pleading everyone to open it for her. The guards are urging her to move away, her manager is pulling her away from the train door. She trying her best to let go.

The train moved, leaving the station, she was defeated. Her tears started to endlessly fall, she cried again and again, but this time it's silent.

 

------

 

"Miss Moon, we're here" her manager spoke, asking her to leave the car. 

Byul is still in shock and her eyes are swollen from crying. Since she heard the news, she's not speaking, not even answering calls, she's only nodding to what her manager says. 

She left the car without uttering a single word, carrying Yongkeey in her shoulder as she walks, following her manager.

They reached a small dormitory, it's a bit small, only half of their shared apartment. There are also traces of somebody, indicating that she have a roommate. The walls are thin, the dorm was neat and clean, but it doesn't look like it due to the old condition of the dorm itself. As her clean freak self, Byul was disgusted, she's not expecting something big but man, this is worse. The driver left her luggage and other stuff on the floor, right in front of the door.

"Miss Moon, are you sure you didn't left anything? Is this all your stuff?"

Byul looked at her things and she gave a single nod.

"Call me if you need anything, I heard your roommate went home to her hometown so you will be alone for quite some time"

Byul didn't even look back, when she heard the door closed, she took her stuff and she brought it inside the room.

Yongkeey was following her everywhere. She got irritated, she's still sensitive from what happened.

"Yongkeey can you please behave?!" she shouted a bit loud. She heard a loud thud from the other side of the wall, telling her to keep it down.

Yongkeey was intimidated, the puppy started crying, caused by Byul's shouting and the loud noise.

Byul went back on her senses, she felt bad. She kneeled, hugging Yongkeey close to her chest.

"I'm sorry Yongkeey, Mom's not mad at you" she said as she softly kissed the puppy.

She completely plopped herself on the ground, she felt exhausted from the long ride and from her nonstop crying, she was worn out, her muscles aching, she's emotionally drained, she wants to cry once again but there's no tears coming out. 

"Yongkeey-ah, what should we do? Your mom left us" she broke down as she speak, she cried again but her eyes are dry, she must have reached her limit. 

She laid on the floor, feeling weak and drained, there, she fell asleep on the floor hugging Yongkeey.

 

'This is not how I visualized this day, life is really not like the movies'

 

 

 

 

-------

 

A week have passed, it was boring, dull, and not fun at all. Her roommate is still not in sight, she woke up late, not very 'Moon Byulyi'

She went to rummage through her stuff when a pink small box fell, that's where she kept all the pictures and things she shared with Yongsun.

All the polaroids, silly gifts, and such. Byul is very sentimental, she kept all the things she and Yongsun have shared, she kept the movie tickets they had on their first date, the receipts from Yongsun's favorite cafe, everything. 

She kneeled on the ground, she picked them one by one, she's intently looking at each picture, reminiscing the moments she had with her late girlfriend. She smiled for the first time, it was pure and genuine.

'Ah, there are things death can't touch, it was the memories I shared with her'  she thought, caressing the movie tickets

She took the polaroid they took when they went to Songdo Beach with Yongkeey, she kissed Yongsun's picture. "Yong, I'm happy. Thank you for loving me until your last breath" she didn't notice the single tear escaping her eye, she quickly wiped it.

She looked at each picture, she saw the first family picture they took, it was their 3rd anniversary.

"Yongkeey-ah, look! You're look so small here, your mom really spoiled you with treats" she said as she shows the picture to the puppy.

 

It's been weeks since Yongsun's death, she didn't answer any calls, even from her close friends and family. Her mom can only hear news about her from her manager.

After seeing the pictures, she felt better, she decided to call wheein.

"Hello? Wheein-ah" she spoke, her voice was raspy

-- "Unnie. Are you okay? Your family is worried at you. You're not even answering my calls!"

"I'm sorry for making you all worry, can I ask you something?"

-- "Anything unnie" wheein was hesitant but she replied

"Do you know where can I visit your sister? Was she creamated?"

-- "Ah, unnie, about that, mom doesn't want to tell anyone about unnie's death so I can't really tell you"

Byul was furious "What?? Am I just 'anyone' to you?"

-- "Unnie, please, our family is such a mess now that Yongsun unnie is dead. My mom was arrested by the police, my parents are having a divorce, and unnie filed a case against our mom before she died. Unnie please understand, it's really hard for me too"

"What? Yongsun filed a lawsuit?" Byul was taken aback, Yongsun never mentioned it to her

-- "Yes, it's about physical abuse. I can't believe it, mom is so gentle to us, I really don't know why unnie did that. I really don't know what to feel"

"What happened to the case?"

-- "It was debunked of course, Unnie is already dead, no one will handle the case and there are no evidences, this stupid lawsuit just made my mother's reputation hit rock bottom" wheein said, annoyed

"Kim Wheein! You don't know anything!" Byul said, she's enraged

-- "I know. I really know nothing and I hate it. I don't know what to believe and it's so messed up. I'm still mourning over my sister and these news came to me so suddenly. I really don't know what to feel" wheein said, frustrated.

"Wheein-ah, I admire you, you lost your sister and now your family, but you're here, strong and brave" Byul felt the younger's confusion and frustration, she comforted her

-- "Unnie, I'm planning to leave the country" wheein spoke in monotone

"Where? Why? I think it's so sudden"

-- "It's not sudden unnie, I want to breathe, I want to go away from this mess"

"How about Hyejin?"

-- "We already talked about this, she's the first one to know"

"If that's what will make you feel good, good luck wheein-ah" 

-- "Unnie, stay strong. Yongsun unnie's death is really shocking for me too"

"Can you tell me the details? I didn't get to ask you last time, it was too.... painful" she sighed, a bit nervous but she's curious too

-- "They said it's liver failure. She was scheduled for surgery a week after she woke up. I don't really know how exactly it happened, she's with mom that time. I came to the room, doctors are trying to revive her, I didn''t even get to touch her or see her. Everything happened so fast."

"She didn't say any last words?" Byul is now starting to cry again, remembering how her girlfriend left her in a blink

--"No, she didn't"

"Can't you really tell me where can I pay a visit?"

Wheein sighed "It's in gosil memorial. If you will go there, make sure no one can see you"

"Thank you, wheein-ah"

 

 

 

 

They ended the call, Byul is feeling better. 

She went to the window, she gazed at the morning sky.

She talked to the sun with her mind, as she caress her ring with a sun engraved on it. The ring she had when they started dating each other.

 

'You may not here with me physically, but you're always here in my mind and heart Yong'

'Things will not change between us, I will do my best in Seoul, I will be successful, because you believe in me'

'Everytime the sun will rise, I will be reminded of your face, your contagious smile, and your captivating eyes'

'I don't know how long I will mourn for you, you left a huge gap in my heart that no one else can fill'

'I don't want to forget a single thing about you, I want to cherish every detail, every moment, all the goods and bad, even the most painful. if that's the price, I'm willing to get hurt, again and again just to treasure this memories we built' 

'I will always be delighted with how happy you made me feel'

'Yongsun-ah, my first love, the love of my life, I love you'

 

 

 

 

 


Hi, it was a very sad afternoon when i wrote this ending

I wrote this as I listen to Katy Perry's Not like the movies and The one that got away

 

Thank you for reading! I'm gonna take a break for a while, see you in season 2!