Reconsile

Dancing With Your Ghost

"This is great! We should hang this in the gallery!" said Seulgi with a proud smile on her face. 

"Thank you, Miss Kang" said the young girl shyly.

"Don't be shy, Yeji. This is a masterpiece and a masterpiece cannot be left unknown. So! Let's get your art known worldwide" said Seulgi as she pat Yeji's shoulder and the two of them smile at each other.

Running an art gallery always been her dream ever since she was a child. Dream do come true after so many obstacle. The one who always support her none other than her own girlfriend.

Sure Bae Joohyun can buy her a gallery and help her develop the company. But Kang Seulgi refused it. What could be anymore proud than seeing your own achievement without any help?

Anyways, here she is. In the state where she love her job, her life, and her girlfriend. Oops. Her fiance. Right. She need to get used to it from now on. Talking about her love life...

What could possibly go wrong with having a forever life with Bae Joohyun? She's pretty, rich, kind, so clingy, and she care about her. Bae Joohyun is a full package and she promise herself to never hurt that person ever again.

She made a mistake once and she knew she screwed up so much. But Bae Joohyun is not someone who give up in a relationship just like that. They have been in a relationship for 8 years now.

They wouldn't want to waste it like it's nothing at all.

Kang Seulgi should have known that better. However,

A call from unknown caller came in. Interrupting her meeting. Very unusual for her to pick up an unknown call especially when she's in a meeting with an artist.

This time it's different.

"Hello?"

"Seulgi. It's me. Seungwan" 

That very moment, she knew she need to see Wendy as soon as possible. So she asked where she was that time and rush towards her location. 

Kang Seulgi and Son Seungwan are best friends. They grow up together and basically they did everything together. For Seulgi, Wendy is her family and so is Wendy.

They care for each other. Perhaps that is why sometimes she is very protective of Wendy more than Irene. However, that doens't mean she love Wendy more than Irene.

Irene is her whole life. Her love and soon to be wife. 

She has her own reason why she is so protective of Wendy.

Everybody has their own secret. Secret that mean to be kept by our self and Seulgi has it. It's about Wendy. Secret that only her and Wendy's parent know about. Even Wendy didn't know any of it.

 

Standing by the wide window, she sigh remembering that day. The day she betrayed Irene's trust. If they haven't been in the phase of getting married, maybe Seulgi will break up with her.

Given the fact that she already betrayed Irene's trust and she consider herself disgusting after what she done. She always try to find the right time to tell Irene.

But she never get the chance to do so. Until she's dead, she still regret that day very much. However, she doesn't have choice that day. Either do it or not. She doesn't have that choice.

If she reject and push Wendy away, she afraid one day she will hurt Irene. Just like she's speculating her right now. Perhaps the voice she heard down there was probably Wendy's. But she still has doubt.

From distance, she can hear the door open. She take deep breathe, getting ready for possible tantrum from Irene. 

As she turn herself around, there she is standing. With teary and red eyes and wet shirt because apparently it's raining outside without her notice. Seeing her like that broke Seulgi's heart.

More importantly, seeing her looking so hurt and she's the reason behind that is what makes her broke the most. If only she can turn back time, she would fix everything. For Irene, she would do anything.

"It was true?" asked Irene.

Seulgi never planned to cry. However, at that moment, she cry. Eyes getting teary and all she could do was sobbing. 

Irene thought a ghost can't cry but seeing Seulgi cry make her heart broke into pieces. All this time she has been very hard on Seulgi only to realize now that Kang Seulgi is still the same Kang Seulgi.

But with a secret she didn't know. Other than that, Kang Seulgi still the same Kang Seulgi she knew. A very soft person and she doesn't deserve to be by her own best friend.

The person she trust the most after Irene. The first person who gain Seulgi's trust before her. 

Irene walk closer to Seulgi. Trying to do her best to comfort the girl. Her hands desperately wanting to touch her. Hug her and bring her the warm she really need.

But she knew, it will only be her dream. It kills her inside to know that she could never touch Seulgi. Here, sit beside Seulgi, she can only stare at her and at the same time her eyes getting teary.

She's angry at herself that both of them happen to be in this sad situation. Where she can see Seulgi, feel her presence, but she cannot touch her. 

"I'm sorry, Hyun. I'm so sorry"

"No. You don't get to apologize, Seul. You did nothing wrong"

Seulgi keep on sobbing as she kneel down and cry hard. 

"Seulgi"

"Seulgi"

Irene call again until she finally have Seulgi looking at her. Despite how much her heart broke looking at Seulgi's state right now, she really think she deserve the truth.

The truth about the secret Seulgi has been keeping from her. Perhaps with that she knew why Seulgi being so protective over Wendy.

"Tell me the truth, Seul. Is there a reason why you protect Wendy so much when you don't really have to?" asked Irene. 

 

Panting as she ran towards the apartment and banging the door as hard as she can. She doesn't even care if the neighbors come out and throw anger at her. All she care right now is her best friend, Wendy.

She went missing for months and Seulgi is damn worried. First of all, she know her best friend condition and she has been making the worse scenario in her mind about her best friend.

Given the fact that Wendy has this severe mental illness and she knew how much Wendy love her not as best friend but as a lover, she knew Wendy obsses over her.

Although she knew, she couldn't accept Wendy. Not because of her illness but because she always consider Wendy as her best friend, nothing more. At that time, she had fallen inlove for Irene.

Despite that, she still care so much for Wendy which sometimes annoyed Irene. Seulgi cannot tell Irene about Wendy's illness, not ethical and not her place to tell her that.

That is why Irene always mad at her when Seulgi care more for Wendy than her. Seulgi admit it was wrong of her. However, she's just scared of the worse possibility that could happen in the future.

For example like this. After months she went missing, suddenly she came back. First, Seulgi thought she killed herself which is the worse scenario she thought. Second, she left the country and never want to make any contact with her. 

But she is thankful...none of the two scenario happened.

However...

The apartment door open. Revealing Wendy with straight face. 

"Ya! Where were you? Are you ing crazy? I searched everywhere for you!" said Seulgi still panting.

Instead of answer, Seulgi didn't expect to get pulled inside suddenly and was pushed against the metal door. Wendy eyes change from nothing but lust. 

At that moment, Seulgi knew. Seulgi knew exactly what's going to happen. 

"Seungwan"

"I want you" said Wendy. 

"No. Seungwan"

"Three months I left and reflect myself. I knew I could never leave your side. Today, I want to make you mine" 

All she could think of is Joohyun. She knew at that moment, she need to protect Joohyun. The first thing she did was pushed Wendy away from her.

Eyes getting teary not because she's scared but she's angry. Angry with Wendy but she knew she can't get mad at her.

"Stay away from me..."

"Seulgi"

"I'm sorry, Seungwan. I love Joohyun and only Joohyun. You need to learn to accept that"

 

Sure it wasn't the first time Seulgi went for a walk in the middle of the night. It always been her habit ever since she was 12 years old when she's having a deep thought.

However, this time is different. She's bored at home since her parent went off to the United State this morning for their work. Ohh well, the perk of being the only daughter from a wealthy family. Always left alone at home.

That's alright. Seulgi is very used to it. 

The 17 years old Kang Seulgi decided to take a walk in the nearest park in her neighborhood. The dark sky look very unusual today. As if it's going to rain any time soon because there are no stars up there or moon.

Adding more, sometimes Kang Seulgi able to see a glimpse of lightning in the sky. Despite that, it didn't make Seulgi worry because maybe walking under the rain would be fun.

That's what she thought until a single phone call alert her.

The caller ID is not other than Mrs. Son. Wendy's mother and she's like her second mother to Seulgi. Always give her the mother love she crave. Seulgi did not hesitated to answer the call.

Mrs. Son always call her two times a week to check on her whenever her parents are not at home. So this is very usual and Seulgi had no doubt to answer Mrs. Son call.

However, up until now, she wished she hadn't answer that call because that's when her nightmare starts.

1. Her parent died in a car accident while driving in New York

2. Her family went bankrupt.

And the bad news keep on coming afterwards. Mrs. Son had to deliver the bad news and be her guardian until she reach the age of 20 years old. The Son family secretly pay for her living cost and pay for her college tuition until the ends.

Which of course Seulgi did not want to accept it at first thinking it will be a burden for them but they had known each other for a very long time and their family help each other.

That is also the reason why Seulgi never accepted Joohyun's help because somebody else already help her. However, Joohyun never knew about this. What she knew is that Seulgi's family went bankrupt but Seulgi never told her anything about how she survive afterwards.

The only reason why Seulgi still alive right now is because the Son's family really protect her and love her as a family. Seulgi live in a small house that the Son's family bought for her since her family house was sold to pay her parents debt. 

One day, Mrs. Son died due to cancer and Mr. Son followed after due to plan crash. Seungwan was left alone when they are in the middle of building their career.

It was the hardest year for Seungwan and Seulgi. Before Mrs. Son died, she made sure that Seulgi promise her that she will protect Wendy no matter what and Seulgi promise her that.

But she knew she could never give the same love as she gave to Joohyun. She could never love Wendy the same as she love Joohyun because Joohyun is her soulmate.

Meanwhile, Wendy she experience the one side love. Something she seems can't accept it even after years had pass.

 

If only she have the power to fight God, she would really love to do that right now. The ability to kill god really is tempting after what she heard and what she been through all these years.

No one deserve to be in this pain. No one deserve that and Irene is mad that God being so unfair to all human. him for telling us lies that he love us.

Irene never believe that.

"I'm gonna kill him" said Irene which honestly bring Seulgi to chuckle at herself.

"You can't kill God, Hyun"

"He has been very unfair to all of us! You...You don't deserve the life you got! You...I...I don't deserve to be alone in this world without you in it. Seulgi...the world without you felt so empty"

Irene realize ever since Seulgi cameback, she never let herself broke down infront of Seulgi. Never. All she ever did was getting mad at her and she doesn't know why they went through this.

When usually they are the most romantic couple everbody would agree with that. However, ever since Seulgi came, although she missed her so much, all she did was throw anger at her.

And she blame herself for that. 

Now she learned everything, she felt very awful to herself. 

Seulgi know. She know very much she can't touch Irene. However, she still try to reach for Irene's cheek with her hand. Her transparent hand.

How she wish she is able to touch Irene once more. She missed her deeply.

"The world is truly unfair. But that's how life should go on, Hyun. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for keeping all the secrets from you" Irene shake her head.

This time she would like to turn down her ego and selfishness.

"No...No. You weren't wrong, Seul. I should be the one apologize to you. I...I should trust you more and understand you more. I'm a bad person, Seul. Like everyone thought I am"

"Everyone may think like that but always know that you still have me. Despite all the things we been through, you will always be the only person I love. I still love you, Bae Joohyun. All these years, you are the only person I think of" 

When people say hearing the truth always been ugly, Bae Joohyun finally understood that phrase. Because right now, she's crying. She cry at how understandable and caring Kang Seulgi is.

One of the reasons why she fell inlove with Seulgi. 

And it always been hurting to know that she want to hug Seulgi so bad but unable to do it. It is one of the most painful truth. Perhaps this is her punishment from God.

Unable to touch the person she love the most and also don't forget that someone out there actually want to kill her. Could be Wendy, could be one of her stakeholders...she have no idea.

That night went by with both girls kneel on the floor, staring at each other desperate to touch each other but they know they can't. Only able to imagine they are hugging each other.

 

 

"Are you ing serious?"

"Do you think I'm not?" 

"Are you ing kidding me? Didn't we have an agreement?"

"I do not agree with that"

The man roll his eyes as he sit across her in the dining table.

"Wendy. You know Irene has nothing to do with Seulgi's death. What are you trying to do now, huh?" 

"I just want to play with Irene. She's my friend. Am I not allowed to play with her?"

Henry crossed his arm on his chest. Henry is Wendy's closest cousin from Canada. They are very close ever since she moved to Canada few years ago and when Wendy decided to come back to Korea, Henry decided to come as well.

The reason why they came to Korea was to look after for their family business. However, it seems like Wendy has her own secret plan. Does Henry knew about Wendy's condition?

Yes but what people don't know is that Wendy is cured from her illness. However, it seems no one knew about that and Henry wonder why. Perhaps Wendy has her own reason.

Wendy knew about her condition when she was 12 years old and learn that she need to be cured. She did everything she could. Attending the psychiatrist session and did her best to hold herself when she relapsed.

She went through all the hard time by herself not letting Seulgi knew about that. Why? Because she crave for Seulgi's care and love. Only to know the truth that Seulgi love Irene. 

She can't accept it at first and yes she relapsed. However, she regret it. She regret it very much but she can't take back what she did. So...she let everything went like that.

Right now, she want to fix something. 

"We both know, you despise Irene" 

"You're not entirely wrong, Henry. But I'm here to change things"

"And what is that? Isn't it too late now?" 

Wendy shake her head. 

"It's not too late. I missed something in the past and right now I want to fix everything"