chapter 6: what is the tea?! the girls are fighting?!!!

Missing In Action
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Well, if it isn't Ahn Yujin's forefather, Choi Yena. " 

Wonyoung did not expect to see the older girl appear in front of her door on a Monday morning. She was picked up by either Eunbi or Chaeyeon every morning but not by her Yena unnie. It's not like Wonyoung prefers the other two, but Yuri has told her stories that make her not want to be in the same car with Yena. Wonyoung has a personal driver, but she prefers to go to school with her friends rather than having a car to herself but no one to talk to. 

" I told Eunbi unnie that I'd pick you up. Are you ready? " Yena asked. 

Wonyoung was about to close the door of their house, but her Mom appeared out of nowhere. " Is Yujinnie here? " 

Yena could only scratch the back of her head when Wonyoung's Mom saw her. " Good morning, Mrs. Jang. Sadly, Yujin is inside the car eating her breakfast. " 

Mrs. Jang nodded her head, a bit disappointed that her daughter's favorite friend is not around. Both mother and daughter share the same sentiment about Yujin " Oh, Yena sweetie, you're here to drive my daughter to school? " 

" Affirmative, ma'am. " Yena replied. " Do you want me to get Yujin? " 

Before her Mom could open to say something, Wonyoung stepped out from their house and gave her Mom a quick kiss on the cheek. 

" We have to go to school now, Mom! I love you! Bye! " 

Wonyoung pulled Yena's arm until they reached where Yena's Yellow Wrangler was parked. The younger girl stared at the vehicle, making Yena quite worried if there's  something wrong with her beloved JEEP. 

" Come on, Wonnie! I just had it washed yesterday! You don't have to look at it like it's garbage. " Yena whined, her iconic duck lips showing. 

" I'm not insulting it, Yena unnie. " Wonyoung replied and put a hand on the door handle. " It's just that this wrangler is exactly just like you. " 

" What? Boxy and yellow? " 

 Wonyoung just giggled at her Yena unnie's response. She was about to go inside, but Yujin had already opened the door for her. The older girl offered her hand so that Wonyoung can easily enter the truck. 

" Good morning, Vicky. " 

" Good morning to you too, Yujin. " 

Yena faked coughed as she gave Yujin a suggestive wink through the rear mirror. Yujin flipped Yena off. She scooted closer to Wonyoung, which made the space next to her unoccupied. 

When Yena and Chaewon went to Yujin's house, the younger girl revealed to her unnies that she might have some feelings for Wonyoung. At first, Yujin was scared that telling something like that to her unnies would make her the weird one in their group. Of all people she could have liked, it has to be her best friend, who she knows her entire life. Yujin started questioning her uality too. Does she like girls? Boys? or both? 

She hasn't figured out that question yet, but Chaewon told her that it's okay to take time to know more about herself. It made Yujin feel less guilty. Yena, on the other hand, told Yujin that she likes Yuri too. It did not surprise Yujin much because even she notices that Yena had always favored Yuri among their other friends. 

" How come you can say things like that easily, Yena unnie? " Yujin asked. 

" It's not easy at first, Yujin. But as I get to spend more time with Yuri, I could tell that my feelings for her were real. And it feels good saying it because don't you want to tell the whole world how a single person on this planet makes you feel the highest? Not the drugs kinda way, of course- uhh... "

" Yeah, I got that. " 

Yena informed Yujin about her plan to ask Yuri to be her girlfriend on the night of the Spring Fling event. The younger girl remembered how Yuri wanted Hyewon to be her date, but she didn't tell Yena about it because the older girl was so passionate about her plan that Yujin didn't want to interrupt her. She felt rather bad for Yena and wondered if their other friends are experiencing the same dilemma of liking someone in your group. 

They went to pick up Yuri first before they went to school. Yuri sat on the passenger's seat and greeted the younger girls at the back of the truck. " Hello, brats. " Yuri cheekily smiled at Wonyoung and Yujin. 

Yujin said while looking at Wonyoung. " I didn't know gremlins are allowed to go to school."

" Oh, Yujinnie. It's fine. Just don't feed them after midnight. " 

Yujin and Wonyoung snickered at the back while Yuri was left speechless in her seat. Yena was trying hard not to laugh at Yuri, but when Yujin snorted obnoxiously, she lost it. 

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! " 

Yuri smacked Yena's arm, which caused the car to almost swerve to the other lane. 

" Yuri-unnie are you insane?! " Wonyoung grabbed Yujin's arm and kicked Yuri's seat. Yujin was startled herself, but she put her arms around the younger girl to give her more security. 

" Don't call me a gremlin! " Yuri pointed accusingly at Yujin. She then turned to Yena and hit her arm with less force this time. " And you, why did you laugh with them? Didn't you tell me last night that I was the prettiest girl in the whole world? 

" Eww. " Yujin whispered under her breath. 

" I'm sorry, okay?" Yena apologized. " You are the prettiest, Yuri, but like don't do that again, or we will die young and not attend the Spring Fling Event. That's like the worst thing that could happen to us. " Yena calmly said. 

" I'm going to vomit. " Wonyoung gagged at the sight of Yena and Yuri giving each other the heart eyes. " For God's sake, Yena unnie keep your eyes on the road! " 

Yuri shook head her head and turned back to look at the younger girl. " Jesus, Wonyoung. Isn't it a bit too early to be high-strung? " 

" You were the one who almost got us killed just because you were having one of your morning tantrums, you big baby! " Wonyoung argued, still latching on Yujin's arms. 

" You're the big baby! " 

Yena sighed profoundly and made Yuri sit properly by adjusting her seatbelt. " Anyways, I was thinking... " 

" What? " Yuri took the iced coffee that Yena always buys her every morning. It also had a doodle of a duck drawn in the cup, which made Yuri feel special because Yena would always do things to show how much the older girl cared. 

" Do you want to go to the Spring Fling event with me? " Yena didn't stutter, like what she had practiced in her head a million times before asking Yuri. " I mean, if you don't have any plans... " She didn't bother to look at Yuri because Yena is sure as hell that looking at her would make her lose her cool. 

Yujin felt like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter