chapter 4: the spring fling queen nominees

Missing In Action
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

" Good morning Rabid Dogs! Here are the nominees for our Spring Fling Queen! " 

Sakura is the president of the Broadcasting Club. She is in charge of making the school announcements, making promotional videos, and hosting Smash competitions every Friday. As one of the seniors, Sakura must give the best Spring Fling event to her underclassmen. That's why her voice is three times higher than usual. 

" The First Nominee is no other than our Angel, Kim Minju! " 

Minju got startled when she opened her classroom door with her classmates screaming her name, and some even shook her hands. 

" W-what's happening?!" Minju asked Yuri, who was sitting at the teacher's table with her legs crossed. She snapped her fingers to cue her classmates to lift Minju and parade her into the hallway. 

" Oh, you got nominated for Spring Fling Queen. " Yuri replied. " Congratulations, Minju! " 

" I got what?! " 

Minju started to panic when her classmates gathered around her and pick her up from the ground. Her head started spinning. " Why are they carrying me?! Yuri! Help me, I'm going to cry- " 

Before Minju could finish her plea for help, she was taken outside by her classmates. All she could do was close her eyes and wish that everything was a dream. 

" Our second nominee is Choi Lia! " 

A teacher approached Sakura and whispered something to her. Sakura hesitantly agreed to the announcement that her teacher wants her to make after revealing all the nominees for Spring Fling Queen. 

" Our third nominee is the freshmen who single-handedly became the It girl of our school, Jang Wonyoung! " 

Yujin pumped her fist in the air when Wonyoung's name was announced. A series of Oohs and Wows filled their classroom. She was happy that Wonyoung and Minju were nominated for Spring Fling Queen. However, she cannot deny that Wonyoung has a tough competition against her competitors. 

" Our last nominee is... wait.. is this a joke-? " 

Whispers and a sound of soda being opened were heard through the school sound system. 

" O-okay... Our last nominee is Kim Hyunjin, but apparently, she stole the Principal's 72-inch tv in his office, so Kim Hyunjin was suspended and will be attending the coronation night through Zoom Meeting that will be broadcasted to the whole school as well... " 

Sakura's announcement ended. Every student started making a buzz about who would win for the Spring Fling Queen and why Kim Hyunjin is the craziest person in their school. 

" I bet Jang Wonyoung will win. She's the most popular student in our school as of now. " Sungchan, Yujin's seatmate from her left said. 

" Nah, I think it's going to be Minju. Everyone loves her because she's an angel. " Jihoon, Yujin's seatmate from her right argued. 

" What do you think, Yujin? " the boys both asked Yujin. 
Yujin crossed her arms and started to think about it more seriously. " I don't know. I guess we'll just see on the day of the event. " 
" I guess it's hard for you, huh? I mean, they are both your friends after all. " Jihoon placed a hand on Yujin's back and patted it. " Tell Minju that I'm going to vote for her. " 
 " Stop patronizing Yujin just so you can get closer to Minju. " Sungchan slapped Jihoon's hands away from Yujin. " Yujin, my buddy. Can you ask Wonyoung if she wants me to be her date on Spring Fling? " 


Yujin had enough of the two and gave them a solid punch in the shoulder. " Can you losers stop talking about my friends? " 


" You're so mean. " Jihoon pouted as he rubbed the sore part of his head. " We were just joking... I know that Minju is dating Kim Chaewon. " 


" I know, right? " Yujin agreed, kind of relieved that someone shared her suspicion about Chaewon and Minju. 


" Anyway, does Jang Wonyoung even have a boyfriend? " Sungchan asked, which caught Yujin off guard. " She's too pretty to be single. I bet guys are literally begging on their knees to be with her. " 


" She has a boyfriend. " Yujin cleared . " He is probably the coolest guy on earth. " 


" Yeah, what's he like? " Sungchan perked up. Jihoon was all ears too. 


" Uhh.. he's from Switzerland, and he knows Krav Maga... " Yujin naturally lied as she breathes. " I heard he killed bears and ended the war on... Madagascar? " 


" That's so cool! " Jihoon exclaimed. 


" What's the guy's name? " Sungchan asked. 


" Yu... Yuj... YUJINOKOVIA SCHWARZENEGGER NORRIS JOHNSON! " 


" That's a weird name. " Sungchan said, completely oblivious that Yujin was lying. The both of them trusted Yujin after all since the girl let them copy her math homework. 


" H-he's Russian. " 


" Oh. " 

xxx

Minju let out a sigh of relief when classes were over. She took her bag and looked around their classroom to find Yuri, but the girl had already rushed off outside to find Hyewon. Yuri had recently taken a liking to Hyewon. Minju, being stuck with Yuri in the same class, is forced to listen to Yuri's teenage girly daydreaming towards their older friend. 

Minju didn't mind though, after all, Yuri is the type of person who likes being taken care of. Hence, she naturally sticks to people like Hyewon, who takes good care of other people despite her aloof nature. Just months ago, Yuri's favorite person was Yena. Still, unlike Hyewon and Yuri's relationship, who does skinship and likes being affectionate, Yuri and Yena, on the other hand, fought like they were in a chic-flick movie about newly weds who were in the middle of a divorce but ends up rediscovering their love for each other. 

It is always a sight to see Yuri interact with anyone since the girl is so hilariously dramatic most of the time. 

Minju left their classroom and was hoping to see her other friends leave the school together. Fortunately for her, she saw Chaewon putting her things in her locker. Minju approached Chaewon and gave her a light tap on the shoulder. 

" Hey. " Minju greeted Chaewon. 

" Minju. " the latter acknowledged. " Congratulations on being nominated. " 

" Aww, thank you. " Minju blushed. " It was so sudden, really. I didn't know people like me. " the younger girl said. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter