chapter 2: punch! punch! punch!

Missing In Action
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" When did you realize that you're in love with Minju-unnie? " 

Chaewon choked on her sprite and nudged Yujin with her elbow. The taller girl hardly felt Chaewon's attempt to hurt her.

" I'm not in love with her, Yujin. " Chaewon stressed, closing her eyes out of frustration. " What is wrong with you today? You got a crush on someone?  " 

Yujin tilted her head to the side as she observed Wonyoung and Minju talking to each other. She noticed how Wonyoung got thinner again compared last month when they were still going out every Saturday in the afternoon to eat tteokboki. 

" Nothing. " Yujin replied. " I thought you guys were dating before. I'm kinda curious how a person can  tell that she's in love." 

" First of all, no, we did not date each other and besides, dating inside your friend group is like trying to date your pet. " Chaewon gagged. " Try and imagine dating yourself, Yujin." 

" Hey, I am dateable! " Yujn cried. " I'm pretty,tall and smart. But yeah, dating one of your friends is weird. But hypothetically speaking, how can you tell you're in love with you're friend. Isn't that hard? " 

Chaewon noticed how Yujin's eyes were staring at Wonyoung and Minju along with the other cheerleaders. The younger one invited Chaewon to watch cheer practice on the school grounds. They seated on the nearest bleacher where they have the best view of their friends. Chaewon thought that Yujin just missed her old team because she used to be a cheerleader  along with Wonyoung, Minju, Yuri and Hitomi. Although, Yujin quitted last month and joined the Dance club with Chaeyeon and Yena. Yujin never told anyone why she left the team. If anyone of them asked about her reason, she would always answer with a laugh and say " I just want to broaden my field of interests, you know? . " and tries to completely change the subject. 

But Chaewon was no fool, she boasts her impeccble memory and her knack for knowing things. " Yena could never" she thought.

" I get it, Yujin. " Chaewon nodded her head knowingly. " I know the reason why you asked me to watch the cheer practice. "

Yujin can't help but to think that this scenario  had already happened. " What are you talking about? " 

Chaewon stood up from her seat and buried her pointer finger to Yujin's cheek. " March 17th! You invited me along with Yena to watch cheer practice. You brought tons of jellies that day and you know who likes jellies? " 

" Uhh. Everyone? " Yujin shrugged. "  and also March 17th was a Sunday, unnie. "

" Minju! " Chaewon exclaimed. She had a victorious smile in her face as she pumped her fist in the air. " You'v been asking me about Minju a lot and that only means you like her or you have a crush on me. I doubt you have a crush on me because you're  basically our dog, so yeah, you are trying to get close to Minju that's why we're here in the first place! Case solved. " 

Chaewon was so proud of her deduction skills. Sherlock Holmes got nothing on her. She dropped her imaginary mic and opened her arms cooly. 

" Oh my god, she is so dense. " Yujin thought. Poor Minju. 

" You've been hanging out too much with Yena-unnie. You're like a version 2 of her but less annoying. " Yujin said. Chaewon cleared and sat down again. 

" But seriously, do you like someone from our friends? " Chaewon asked. Yujin kind of regretted tthat she brought up the topic. Now, Chaewon took it seriously. 

" Of course not. " Yujin just laughed it off as usual. " You're like my 11 dysfunctional sisters. Very much annoying but endearing, see? "

" Teenagers are so sarcastic these days. " Chaewon sighed. 

" Unnie you're 17. " 

" And you're a baby. Shut up. " 

 

XXX 

 

Wonyoung decided that a month and a half is the limit where she lets Yujin ignore her.

The older girl barely talks to her and always avoids her gaze everytime they look at each other. Yujin was being weird and she tolerated it for a month because it's not like Wonyoung's world revolves around her best friend. She got real hot girl to do.

But ever since Yujin quitted being a cheerleader, there was tension between them. Being cheerleaders was something that Wonyoung and Yujin dreamt about before they entered high school. It was a shallow dream really, but for Wonyoung, doing things with her best friend is something that she treasures as a person. She would be lying if she said that she's not upset abut Yujin leaving. 

But it wold have been more acceptable for Wonyoung if Yujin told the reason why she left. 

That's why Wonyoung found herself  in front of Yujin's house. She's about to press the doorbell when Yujin's mom suddenly appeared and opened the door for Wonyoung instead. 

" Wonyoung! How have you been, sweetie? " Yujin's mom engulfed Wonyoung in a hug. 

" I'm doing great as usual, Mrs. Ahn. " Wony

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter