Chapter 18 - Past is Past.

I Like You the Best

 

 
'sigh.... what's happening to me?! I feel somewhat weird today~ I can't explain this.... this feeling!! But... Gaaaahh!!' ______ ruffled her hair as she face-palmed herself. Something was up on her mind but she doesn't even know in herself what was it all about, too.
 
"Yah, ______-ssi~ Any problem!?" Mrs. Son noticed that her daughter was thinking of something... so seriously. "Marhae.."
 
______ looked at her step-mother. Her eyebrows have already met each other while frowning like a 5-year old child.
 
"Eomma~" ______ mumbled. "How can you tell if a person is already in love??"
 
Mrs. Son chuckled at her daughter's question.
 
"______-ssi..." Mrs. Son came closer to ______. "Are you already in-love with someone?"
 
"Dae, eomma~" ______ nodded as she frowned. "I... think... so.."
 
"*laughs* sigh... you're like me when I was at your age." Mrs. Son said as she caress her daughter's hair.
 
"Jinjja?" ______ smiled a little. She feels that her mother can understand her situation because her mother had already been there.
 
"Ne." Mrs. Son grinned. "When I was in highschool, there was this cute guy in our campus."
 
______ was just listening to her step-mother's 'love story'. Because it's kinda the same with her own 'love story'.
 
Her step-mother continued. "I really like him in a point that everytime I see him, my heart skips a beat." she giggled.
 
"Then....?" ______-ah asked seriously. She was really interested at her step-mother's story.
 
Mrs. Son grinned. "Then, 2 months before our graduation, he confessed his feelings to me--"
 
Mrs. Son was cutted when ______ suddenly leaned closer and asked multiple of questions. "Jeongmallyo? Omma, what did you do next? Did you accept his feelings to you? What happened next!!!! >.<"
 
Mrs. Son chuckled at her daughter's 'violent' reaction. She slightly giggled as she continued, "Ne." Mrs. Son blushed. "I accepted his feelings for me."
 
"WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH~!!!!" ______ screamed as if there was no tomorrow. She was carried away by the cute love story of her step-mother.
 
"YAH~!" someone suddenly opened the door. "Noona, why the hell are you screaming?!?"
 
Your POV:
 
"YAH~!" someone suddenly opened the door. "Noona, why the hell are you screaming?!?"
 
Me and omma both looked at the door and saw Dongwoon with an annoyed face. Hahaha... Yeah I know it was almost 10 in the evening but.... what can I do?! I was just carried away by my omma's cute love story!!
 
"O-Oh... Dongwoon-ah, m-mianhae~" I bowed a little as I bit my lower lip in able to stop me from bursting into laugh.
 
"Sorry, baby~" My omma muttered. "You can go back to sleep now."
 
I looked up to Dongwoon and found that he was looking at me with a pout on his face. I grinned at him as he immediately closed the door.
 
As Dongwoon closed the door to my room, me and mom looked at each other and laughed quietly at each other.
 
"Yah, omma~" I whispered. "What happened next??" I smiled.
 
"Then after that, everytime we have classes, he always picks me up at our house and we're going together to our school." Omma continued. But suddenly, her smile, little by little, was fading away. After that, there was a long silence followed.
 
I broke the silence as I pat my mom's shoulder and asked, "o.O wae, omma? Anything wrong had happened?"
 
My mom didn't answered my question. But after a few more minutes, she finally spoke up.
 
"He was shot while performing in a singing contest." Omma finally spoke up.
 
After hearing that, I was just staring blankly at my omma. Not able to believe what she had just said.
 
I don't know what to do next. I feel really sad for my mom. But what can I do? All I can do is to comfort her in my arms.
 
"Omma, mianha---" I stopped as omma suddenly look up at me.
 
"______-ah, I'm alright. No need to worry. It's already in the past." A smile suddenly formed on my mom's face. "What I need to worry about, is today, tomorrow and in the future."
 
Yes. My mom was right. Past is past. We can't change what has already happen in the past.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I'm reall sorry again 'cause you wait TOO long for my update ^_^;