My rival

I Like You the Best

Junhyung was on his way home, walking alone at the corridor of their school when suddenly he heard someone running.... running towards him.

 

" Yah! Junhyung!" someone called.

 

As Junhyung heard someone call his name, he immediately turned around to see who was it. What he saw? A girl breathing heavily in front of him like she was going to pass out in a couple of minutes.

 

" Yah~ Yah! Yah!! ______-ah~ gwaenchana? Junhyung asked as he held his bestfriend's shoulder, making sure she's okay.

 

" *breathing heavily* Ne. I'm fine. *quick sigh* I thought you were already outside the campus so I ran very fast from the 2nd floor's stair down to here just to catch you. *smiles*" ______-ah explained while still breathing heavily. " Junhyungie--" Junhyung's bestfriend stopped as she took a deep breath.

 

"Ne?" Junhyung asked.

 

" Yah! I was looking for you!!" ______-ah called as she punched Junhyung's upper right arm.

 

"Ouch! WAE?! Why did you do that?!" Junhyung exclaimed.

 

" Oww... it hurts? Aigoo~ i didn't even put a force on it, eh? You act as if you're not a real man~ *smirks*" ______-ah protested.

 

"Yah, ______-ah! You know what?" Junhyung hissed.

 

"What!?"

 

"You shouldn't have joined in that singing contest.." Junhyung muttered.

 

"Waeyo? O.o"

 

" But instead, you have joined in a martial arts, taekwondo or boxing competition!" Junhyung teased.

 

"M-M-MWO? What are you trying to say, huh!?!" ______-ah asked like she was going to erupt in a second.

 

" Your one punch is already enough to knock your opponent out! I swear. *laughs*" Junhyung teased again.

 

" Aish~ Yah! What's funny about that?!" ______-ah asked with an annoyed face.

 

"*clears throat* Huh? N-Nothing. Nothing's funny about that. *smiles*" Junhyung muttered, not to make her bestfriend angry. "By the way, why did you suddenly looked for me? You already missed me?" Junhyung asked jokingly.

 

" MWOYA? 'MISS YOU'? Aish~" ______-ah exclaimed as she get ready to punch Junhyung's arm again.

 

"Ya-Yah! Don't do that! I'm just joking!" Junhyung explained.

 

"Aish~" ______-ah hissed as she put down her arm.

 

"*sigh* Ok! I'll ask you once again, ok? Why were you looking for me?" Junhyung asked again.

 

"Oh, I almost forgot! Junhyungie, will you please go with me to the MAPEH Center? Jebal.." ______-ah pleased while pouting.

 

'Omo~ ______-ah, your aegyo is flooding here.. *smiles*' Junhyung thought.

 

"Sure! But why? Are you going to register for the contest?" Junhyung asked.

 

"Ne."

 

"Oh~ is that so--" Junhyung didn't finished his sentence as ______-ah grab her hand. " Let's go!"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

¤at the MAPEH Center¤

 

The Student Council's President, Jang Hyunseung, was busy checking some papers and documents when he suddenly heard a knock from the door. He immediately checked who it was.

 

"Oh~ annyeonghaseyo! What can I do for you?" Hyunseung asked.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo~ *bowed* are you the student council's president?" ______-ah asked.

 

"Ne, Jang Hyunseung-imnida *bowed*" Hyunseung said, introducing himself.

 

"Oh! *bowed* Son ______-imnida. *smile* Nice to meet you."

 

"Nice to meet you, too. Please come in and take a seat." Hyunseung said, letting them in.

 

"Ne. Kamsahamnida." Junhyung thanked as they get in.

 

"By the way, what brought you here?" the SC President asked.

 

"Oh~ my friend ______-ah is going to register for the contest." Junhyung explained.

 

"Is that so? Here it is. Fill this up." Hyunseung said as he handed over the form to ______-ah.

 

After 2 minutes...

 

"Here. I'm done." ______-ah gave the form to Hyunseung.

 

"Oh, ok. *smiles* We'll just post the result tomorrow morning. Good luck to you." Hyunseung explained as he encourage ______-ah.

 

"Ne. *smiles* Kamsahamnida, sunbae-nim~ *bowed*" ______-ah make their way to the door. But as she going to open the door, someone had already opened it from the other side, making her body out of its balance. Luckily, Junhyung managed to catch her and help her stand.

 

"Oh! You were here too?" Gi Kwang asked.

 

"Ne. Actually, we're on our way home now." Junhyung answered.

 

"Oh? Is that so? *smiles*" Gi Kwang muttered.

 

"Hey, Kwangie! Aren't you going to introduce your friends to us?" the guy on Gi Kwang's right side suddenly asked. "Ne, hyung *smiles* By the way, hyung, this is ______-ah. ______-ah, this is Dujun." Gi Kwang introduced his friend to ______-ah.

 

"Oh~ So, you are ______-ah? Gi Kwang told us that you also joined in in the singing contest." Dujun stated.

 

"Ne, hyung~ It's her. *smiles*" Gi Kwang muttered.

 

"Oh! Nice to meet you!" Dujun greeted.

 

"*smiles* Nice to meet you---" ______-ah suddenly stopped from talking. She was startled after seeing a familiar face behind Gi Kwang. Her eyes widened to disbelief.

 

"N-Nice... t-to meet... you~" ______-ah continued as she greeted back and looked down on the floor.

 

"And this is Junhyung~" Gi Kwang said, introducing ______-ah's bestfriend.

 

"Nice to meet you~" Junhyung said as Dujun greeted back.

 

"And by the way, this is Yoseob." Gi Kwang said, introducing his other friend. "Nice to meet you~" Yoseob greeted Junhyung.

 

"Ehem! Nice to meet you too~ *smile*" Junhyung tried his best to leave a good impression on Yoseob, who was his rival in ______-ah's heart.

 

"*looks at ______-ah* You are ______-ah, right? Nice to meet you too. *smiles*" Yoseob greeted ______-ah, who was looking on the floor after seeing Yoseob.

 

"*shock* Dae?!?" ______-ah muttered as she looked up. "Oh~ N-ne. N-Nice to m-meet you, too. *bowed*". Yoseob can't stop himself from smiling at ______-ah's cute action. 

Your POV

'Aigoo~ why is he smiling? Do I look stupid in front of him just now? Aish! eotteokhae?'

 

"Waeyo?" Yoseob noticed that ______-ah is whispering something. "Is there any problem?"

 

"*awkward* Huh? No-no. There's nothing." ______-ah muttered as she let out a sigh.

 

"By the way, are you here for the registration?" Gi Kwang asked. "Ne." Junhyung answered.

 

"Whoa~ jinjja? We're here for the registration, too! *smiles*" Gikwang said.

 

"Oh?! Good to know." Junhyung hissed.

 

"Oh! Mi-m-mianhae~ *bowed* W-we need to go now. Junhyung-ah, let's go." ______-ah said, trying to escape from the awkward feeling that she felf when Yoseob is near.

 

"Oh? Is that so? Ok. Bye! *smiles* See you tomorrow, ______-ah, Junhyung-ah!" Gikwang exclaimed as he bowed.

 

"Ne. Bye~" ______-ah made her way while still looking down on the floor.

 

As they were already ouside, someone call her name,"______-ah!". She immediately turned around and saw Yoseob.

 

"We're going to see each other again, right? *smiles*" Yoseob asked. "*startled* H-H-Huh?!!"______-ah doesn't know what was she going to answer as she heard Yoseob's question.

 

'Aish~ of course, NO! You won't meet my ______-ah again!' Junhyung thought.

 

"Uhmm... uh... N-Ne. S-S-sure. *awkward smile*" ______-ah answered.

 

'MWOYA!??!!' Junhyung was shock from his bestfriend's answer.

 

"*smiles* Let's do our best for the singing contest, okay?" Yoseob exclaimed. "Ne. FIGHTING!" ______-ah shyly cheered.

 

"______-ah!! Let's go now!" Junhyung said, pulling his bestfriend's arm. "Oh! Bye! We really need to go now." ______-ah said as she waved her hand at them.

 

When Junhyung and ______-ah were already gone, Yoseob couldn't control himself from completing about ______-ah.

 

"She's quite pretty, huh?" Yoseob muttered. "Yeah, Seobie. I agree with you." Gi Kwang agreed on what Yoseob had said.

------------

 

They were walking their way home when Junhyung suddenly noticed that ______-ah was looking at the night sky while smiling like an idiot.

 

"Yah! ______-ah! What are you looking at above? Did you just saw an angel? Or something? *laughs*" Junhyung asked jokingly.

 

"*laughs* Mwo? 'Saw an angel'? Aniyo~" ______-ah answered as she looked at the sky again.

 

'*laughs* Yeah, i know~ I know that you didn't saw an angel. But, me? *smiles* I'm always seeing an angel. And right now? She's walking with me. *giggles*' Junhyung thought while looking at his bestfriend.

 

"'Ani'? So you're crazy?! Lookin' at the sky while smiling.. That's the sign of being crazy! Haha.." Junhyung teased his bestfriend again.

 

"NEO!! You're so mean! *pout*" ______-ah suddenly exclaimed as she stop walking.

 

"Y-Ya-Yah! I'm just joking!" Junhyung said defensively so that ______-ah won't be angry at him. "Yeah~ i know! *smile*" ______-ah answered back as they continued on walking.

 

"So, what's the reason behind that smile?" This time, Junhyung became serious.

 

As ______-ah heard that question, she had stopped on walking; looked at Junhyung; let out a wide smile;  turned around and continued on walking.

                                        

"Huh? Yah! What's with that?!" Junhyung asked as he realized that ______-ah is already continued on walking. "Hey! YAH! W-Wa-WAIT! YAH! ______-ah!" Junhyung shouted frantically while chasing his bestfriend.