Chapter 3

Dream High 2: The Idol's Life

 

            “From today onwards, all the under-aged idols of OZ Entertainment will be officially transferred to Kirin Art School. In addition to that, we have decided to give the talented students of Kirin Art School a chance to enter our prestigious company. There are, of course, a few rules that must be followed…”

            JB tuned out his President’s words, mentally sighing at the thought of being transferred back to that school. He thought back to the day before, where he and that obsessive fan Shin Haesung and given Jin Yoojin a good lesson on respect. He allowed himself a small smile. That had been satisfying.

            Nana nudged him, “Why’re you grinning like an idiot in front of the camera? Trying to look stupid?”

            JB rolled his eyes, “It’s called a smile, not grinning like an idiot. There’s a distinct difference.”

            Ji-soo glared at the two of them, “Will you be quiet? The President’s talking!” Nana gave her an apologetic look while JB just looked away, focusing on the President again.

            Before long, the President was done with the numerous rules that he had set for the students of Kirin Art. JB could barely stop himself from shaking his head. Even though he had lived with these rules throughout his period of training, he still felt that they were slightly unreasonable. Finally, the idols were dismissed, and they followed Ji-soo to the conference room.

            Ji-soo started talking before everyone even managed to seat themselves, “From today onwards, all your activities will be ceased, and you will focus on going to school and training to make yourselves better. Remember, the practice rooms have become the school, and the rooms have become the dormitories. Simple as that.”

            “Don’t you think it’s a little too much? Sending us to this weird school all of a sudden, without even discussing this with us. What about our privacy-” Siwoo started, but Ji-soo interrupted him before he could continue, “Privacy?” She studied him, “Privacy’s only when you’re the only one concerned. Who in the Republic of Korea doesn’t know about your ‘privacy’, huh?”

            Siwoo looked away, a look of rebellious anger appearing on his face. But he knew that there was nothing he could say to refute her words.

            The other idols looked away, feeling slightly embarrassed for Siwoo as he was humiliated in front of all of them. After a moment of silence, RIan looked up, “Anyway, I have to go for my filming.”

            As she rose to leave, Ji-soo eyed her coldly, “Didn’t you understand what I meant by ‘all activities are ceased’?”

            Rian froze, “Even…even acting activities?”

            “All activities.” Ji-soo repeated, “In any case, you’ve been fired.”

            “What?” Rian stared at Ji-soo, who calmly continued, “You’ve been replaced with T-ara’s Eunjung-ssi.”

            There was a long silence as the other idols fidgeted, even more uncomfortably. They had a bad feeling about this…

            As expected, Rian blew up, “T-ara’s Eunjung? You’re kidding me! Why would they replace me with her, she…!” She looked furious. Nana tried to appease her, “Relax, maybe-”

            Before Nana could continue, Rian had already stormed out of the conference room. Nana hurried after her, “Rian-ah! Just relax and forget about it, alright? An idol as popular as you have many other chances to act anyway! I’m sure the company won’t restrict your acting activities for long, they know how badly you want to act.”

            Rian shook Nana’s hand off her shoulder, “Whatever.”

            Siwoo caught up to the duo, slinging a hand over their shoulders, “Hey, why don’t we go to a club to relax?”

            Both girls swung away at once, Nana reaching out to hit Siwoo on the arm, “Hey!”

            Siwoo jerked away, “Oh well, if you girls don’t want to come with me…” He grinned, “See you!” and hurried away.

            “What a thug.” Rian muttered under her breath, but Nana defended him, saying, “He’s not a thug, he just has too much time.”

            “Who’re you talking about?” JB asked as he strode towards them, “Siwoo?”

            Rian rolled her eyes, “Who else?” JB glanced about, “Has he gone to the club already?”

            The two girls nodded. JB made a disgruntled expression, “I told him to stay back for practice, that guy…”

            Nana shrugged, “You know how he is.” She glanced at the two of them, and, sensing that JB wanted to talk to Rian alone, quickly dismissed herself, saying, “Well, I’ll leave you two to it.”

            JB waited till Nana was out of earshot before he asked Rian, “Still feeling mad cause you were withdrawn from the show?”

            Rian glared at JB, “What do you think?”

            JB shrugged, “It’s not like there won’t be other chances. Everyone in Korea knows that your ambition is to become a world-class actress, not just a singer.”

            Rian stuck her tongue out, “I don’t need you to tell me that.”

            The two of them walked towards the exit in silence for a few moments. Then Rian cleared and began, “So…Kirin Art School…” She glanced at JB to see his reaction.

            JB stiffened, and his expression became shuttered as he said, “What about it?”

            “I never thought…that we’ll be going back to it after so long.”

            JB turned abruptly to face Rian, “Why? Do you miss that place?”

            Softly, in a voice unlike her usual tone, she replied, “Sometimes…I miss the memories associated with that place…”

            JB’s expression became strained at her words. Rian looked up at him, “Don’t you?”

            In a cutting tone, JB answered, “Don’t forget, I wasn’t the one who ruined it.” And with that, he stormed off, leaving Rian staring after him.

            Rian swallowed hard. Taking a deep breath, she berated herself, “Don’t be stupid, Rian! You know he’s right!” And why was she sad anyway?

            She had known that he would not forgive her that easily anyway.

-------------------------------------------

Here's the new chapter! I hope you guys liked it :) Am I moving too slowly? I hope not, it's kind of hard to move through 14 one hour episodes... Anyway, there's more JB/Rian action in this chappie! Hope you guys liked it! 

Did you guys watch the latest ep? I totally loved the song 'Together'!!! Finally JB and Rian are getting their act together. And Haesung has finally done something to redeem herself, albeit slightly. I hope the show's writers straighten out their thoughts and let JB/Rian end up together...I was feeling so turned off by all the JB/Haesung and Rian/Yoojin that I kinda lost the strength to continue this fanfic, which is why this update came so late... Sorry, viewers!

And remember, subscribe and comment!