Chapter Fourteen

Dream High 2: The Idol's Life

 

“Here, I’ll drive.” Siwoo called to JB. JB glanced at him, then grinned, tossing him the car keys, “Just make sure you don’t drive like a devil, I know that’s your style and if that happens then you’re so not driving.”

Siwoo stuck his tongue out playfully; he opened the backseat door for Nana like a old-fashioned gentleman, but Nana skipped over to the shotgun seat, “I like this one.” Quick as a flash, she got in, and Siwoo mock-glared at her, “Who said I want you to sit next to me?”

Rian quickly turned to Ailee, but she had already zipped into the car and was sitting by the window. Siwoo and Nana grinned; they knew what the plan was.

JB coughed uncomfortably. He got in first, then Rian entered the car reluctantly; they sat as far away from each other as possible, but Ailee was on top of that; she ‘subtly’ began to move closer towards JB, squeezing him closer to Rian while complaining about the lack of space.

Rian shot her bandmates a death glare, but Nana just turned to face the front, while Ailee grinned cheekily.

JB sighed.

As they set off, JB fished his phone out and began to check Alkpop. There was nothing much interesting; the only noteworthy news was about Song Samdong, the legendary K, releasing a new international album, which was going to be collaborated and choreographed by the top Korean dancer and choreographer, Jason.

Out of the blue, he felt a sudden pressure on his shoulder; startled, he turned. Rian had fallen asleep; her head leaned against his shoulder, her eyes shut tight, her expression more peaceful than he had seen in a long while. A small smile crossed JB’s face; gently, he her long, silky hair.

Nana and Siwoo exchanged a look, and their lips curved up into small smiles as well. This was the way the five of them were meant to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siwoo parked the car as quietly as he could. He turned off the engine and turned back to JB, whispering, “C’mon, let’s do this as quietly as we can.”

JB nodded. Ailee and Nana opened the door as softly as they could and tiptoed out of the car. JB turned to Rian and shook her gently, “Rian…Rian-ah. We’re here, wake up.”

Rian didn’t open her eyes; instead, she just turned her head, wrapping her arms around JB and using him as a pillow. JB chuckled softly. He touched the side of her face, “Yah, Lee Ji-kyung. If you don’t want to be caught in the teacher’s car, then you better wake up now.”

No response.

Siwoo rolled his eyes and mouthed, “Just carry her in.”

JB nodded. He moved to carry her, then stopped abruptly, his eyes darting up and down as he realized just how much physical contact that would involve. Siwoo hissed, “Hurry up!”

JB took a deep breath. He wrapped one round around Rian’s back and one under her legs, easing out of the car as gently as he could so he would not wake her up.

Rian mumbled something and turned her face inwards, burying it in JB’s chest. Nana nearly choked with delighted laughter, and she gave Siwoo and Ailee small hi-fives. JB, distracted as he was, did not notice. He jerked his head towards the dorms, “I’ll bring Rian back to her room, you guys go ahead first. Siwoo, you better leave the door open for me. I’m not sleeping outside.”

Siwoo nodded, “Just hurry up!” The three idols waited till JB was in the dorms before exchanging a triumphant glance, “Date number 1, success!”

As JB reached Rian’s room, he tried the doorknob, but the door was locked. He rolled his eyes. This was frustrating. He knocked the door gently with his foot. There was no response. He knocked again, harder this time.

The door swung open, as a voice demanded, loud and irritated, “Don’t the people around here sleep-”

Seul stopped in midsentence as she stared at JB carrying Rian. She blinked, for once at a loss for what to say. JB gave an awkward smile, “Can I come in? I just want to put her in bed…”

Seul was still looking a little startled as she nodded, stepping aside to let Rian in. Soon-doong got up sleepily, rubbing her eyes, “Who is it?”

Her eyes widened in shock at the sight of the two idols, “Omo. Did you two go out for a date?”

JB shot her a look, “Quiet! Don’t wake her up!”

Soon-doong covered , but her eyes remained alert and fixed on the two idols. Seul, who had gotten over her surprise, rolled her eyes, “Seriously, even if you two want to go out on a date, can you not inconvenience the rest of us? Some of us actually want to sleep, you know.”

JB ignored the indignant girl as he lay Rian onto the bed gently. He covered her with the blanket, then leaned over her with a gentle smile, her hair back. After a moment, he leaned forward and kissed her gently on the forehead, whispering, “Sleep well, my star.”

Soon-doong nearly ruined the moment by squealing, but she managed to cover in time.

JB got up. He nodded in thanks to Seul, and then was gone, shutting the door behind him.

Haesung’s eyes opened. She stared silently at the closed door for a moment, her gaze unreadable. Then she turned to look at Rian, and her eyes filled with vehement hatred.

That Rian dared to seduce her JB-oppa. And she was going to pay for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rian groaned as she rubbed her eyes, blinking in an attempt to clear the sleep from them. She glanced around; Soon-doong and Seul were getting dressed, but Shin Haesung was nowhere to be seen. She frowned, “How did I get back here…?”

Soon-doong shot her a jealous glance, “JB-oppa carried you back.”

Rian blinked. Then her head whipped around, her expression in shock, “What? JB carried me back?”

Seul looked back at her unconcernedly, “Yeah. You were deep asleep, so I guess he didn’t want to wake you up, and decided to just carry you back. And he happily woke the rest of us up in the process.”

“And he tucked you in and kissed you on the forehead before he left. As jealous as I am, it was so sweet~” Soon-doong squealed, clapping her hands together. Rian’s eyes flickered to her, then to Seul, “Is what she’s saying true?”

Seul shrugged, “Yeah, pretty much.”

Rian’s fists clenched. She looked down and closed her eyes, breathing in deeply. She had to stop this. Before it went too far again. Before she broke her promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Rian strode into the classroom, Nana waved to her, indicating the seat next to her, “Hey, Rian! We saved a seat for you!”

Rian glanced over at them; tightened as she realized that JB was sitting on her other side. She hesitated for a moment. JB was staring down at his notes, giving no indication of having seen her. Then she turned, and strode to sit next to Seul. Seul looked surprised, but shrugged nonchalantly.

JB’s fist clenched. Nana glanced uneasily at him and murmured, “Relax.”

Yoojin charged into the classroom; he glanced about the classroom, and was relieved to see that the teacher wasn’t around yet. His expression determined, he strode straight towards Rian. Without pause, he knelt down before, “Lee Jikyung. I’ve remembered everything that happened between us before. Will you give me another chance to love you?”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm back with the next chapter! This chapter has a pretty cute JJCouple moment, did you guys like it? But Rian is still pushing JB away...the why will be revealed later :) Yoojin finally stakes his claim on Rian, too; is anyone else excited for the JJJ love triangle? I know I am:)

In any case, I've checked the votes, and it's 2 votes for plot 1, 2 votes for plot 2, 10 votes for plot 3 and 2 votes for the 'heck care' option. So I guess I'll probably write both. The story deviates in a few chapters' time, when that happens, I'll create the alternate storyline, so please subscribe to it! I'll probably write them simultaneously; this fanfic will have the longer plotline, while the new fanfic I create will have the shorter one. Likelihood is that the shorter one will finish first, though. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

And remember, comment and subscribe! After all, those are the best motivation ^^