Prologue

Dream High 2: The Idol's Life

 

            “Oh my god.”

            As one, the members of HershE rose, staring at the tv screen in disbelief. As a close-up of JB was shown on the screen, Rian threw her bubblegum at the screen, her face furious. She couldn’t believe that JB was doing this to her.

            “Isn’t the president going to do…” Nana’s voice trailed off as she realised that President Lee was nowhere to be found.

            The clock struck ten.

            Eden’s performance began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Eonjengan mannal nae kkumeul hyanghae~” JB ended the line with a backflip, landing neatly on his feet.

            The screams of the fans were explosive as Eden’s performance ended. Fans yelled and cheered, straining to reach the stage. One of them screamed, “JB oppa, you’re so handsome!”

            The shorter, blonde-haired man glanced around. He gave a slight smile, lifting a hand to wave at the fans, and his handsome charisma made all the fangirls swoon. JB’s groupmate, Siwoo, slung an arm over JB’s shoulder, casually giving the fans a peace sign. The fans went even wilder than before, and Eden had to be hurriedly herded off the stage.

            Siwoo stretched, his trademark grin on his face as he exclaimed, “That felt good, man!” He clapped his leader on the back, “The President’s gonna be so pissed with us. Hah.”

            As JB opened his mouth to respond, he felt a hand grab his shoulder and pull him around roughly. He frowned as he recognised one of the dancers that had been dancing with Eden, “What do you want?”

            “You…just because you’re an idol, you think you can do whatever you want? You knew that minors aren’t allowed to perform on stage after ten anymore, but you still…why couldn’t you just have gone ahead with your stupid stunt alone? Why did you have to drag an innocent person along?” The backup dancer shouted. He shoved JB furiously.

            “Hey, hey. Cool it. I understand how you feel, but we only did it cos we want to be human too-” Siwoo tried to come on between the two, but was rudely interrupted as the dancer grabbed his collar, “You two are a far cry from being human!”

            “Stop it, Ui-bong!” The dancer’s friends hurriedly grabbed hold of him, dragging him away as quickly as they could.

            Siwoo stared after them as he straightened his collar. Then he just gave a shrug of his shoulders, casually shaking of the interruption. As the duo continued to walk, Siwoo grinned, “To think that you had it in you to break laws like this, it’s really just daebak.”

            JB stopped abruptly. He turned to face Siwoo, studying him for a moment. Then he demanded, “Where did you get that song from?”

            Siwoo smiled playfully, “My new secret intelligence service, of course.”

            JB’s expression turned to one of contempt, “Another woman? How many are you going to go through before you get tired of this?”

            “No, it’s just a friend this time. Seriously!” Siwoo insisted, seeing the disbelieving look on JB’s face. But JB just gave him a disgusted stare and asked, “When are you going to start acting like a human being?”

            There was a long silence. Then Siwoo just smiled, trying to laugh off his leader’s words. JB, however, was not amused. With the same disgusted expression on his face, he turned away, striding back to their room.

            “Aish, seriously.” Siwoo mumbled, hurrying after JB.

            Siwoo closed the door gently as they entered the room, not wanting to annoy JB further by slamming the door. All of a sudden, there was a sudden loud crash as Rian swung the door open with all her might. She glared at Siwoo, “Get out. I want to talk to him alone.”

            Siwoo blinked, “Hey, what the heck, this is our room, not-”

            “Get out.”

            There was a pause. Siwoo glanced at JB, but JB just said in a quiet, detached manner, “Just do what she says before she decides to tear the room apart.”

            Siwoo threw his hands up in exasperation, “Fine, have your quiet time together, whatever.”

            Rian waited until the door was closed before storming towards JB, “Why did you do that?”

            JB looked up, his face expressionless, “Do what? Go up on stage to perform?”

            His words seemed to infuriate Rian even more, “What do you think? The President already warned us not to break this rule, it might get the entire company into trouble! And you, you just go ahead and break it on the very first day!”

            JB glanced up at Rian, raising an eye, “It’s not like you follow the rules much anyway, so why’re you making such a fuss over this? It’s not like it’s any of your business.”

            Rian slapped him.

            JB seemed stunned for a moment. Then, slowly, he reached up and rubbed his jaw.

            Rian’s eyes narrowed, “I know why you’re doing this. You’re just trying to prove me wrong, aren’t you? Even after all this time, you still remember what I-”

            “If you have nothing of importance to say, then I suggest you don’t say anything and get out.” JB’s tone was suddenly icy cold. He looked up at her, and seemed to give cold smile, “What makes you think I care about what you have to say? What makes you think you’re that important?”

            Rian’s jaw seemed to clench at his words. For the briefest of moments, her eyes met his. Then she turned, and stormed out of the room.

            JB’s body seemed to loosen as Rian left. As Siwoo entered, he saw JB staring after Rian, his eyes indecipherable. Siwoo gave a sigh, and said to JB in a quiet voice unlike his usual self, “You know, you don’t have to force yourself to be this way. The situation may have changed, but…” His voice trailed off at JB’s expression.

            JB turned back to the mirror. Yes. Yes, he was doing this to prove her wrong. But he would never admit it. Never. 

------------------------------------------------

In a way, this was pretty much just a recap of what happened in the show itself, except I added in that extra part at the end. The first few chapters are probably going to be all like that, recaps of what happened in the show + extra bits that are relevant to the plotline I've thought out. What do you guys think of the first chappie?

Can anyone guess what Rian said about JB that he's trying to prove wrong? I suppose it's kind of early to be asking this...the Rian/JB pairing in this story is going to be a lot more intensely written than in the show, since my focus is pretty much on this couple, and the Nana/Siwoo one. 

So this was the first chapter. Everyone, please comment and give your opinion, and if you haven't yet, make sure to subscribe! :)