Chapter 2

When We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Even from outside, the sweet smells of buttered popcorn, roasted almonds and cotton candy could be perceived. The glow of the many small torches leading to the entrance of the gigantic and widely spread red and white tent was reflected in Taemins eyes. The excitement of the many children who were accompanied by their parents was clearly audible and went well with the happy music that was playing. And Taemin could only share their enthusiasm.

 

The show hadn't even started yet, but on the long red carpet that led Taemin and Kai to the gate, the curious figures with painted faces, colorful, glittering costumes and shrill voices were already gathering. They collected cards, made them disappear as if by magic and dramatically returned them to the owner's hand. Mimes opened a non-existent door and ran into it. Clowns with the funniest hairstyles and every hair color imaginable squeezed into a small box, but made it look like there was more than enough room for everyone in there.

 

On the seemingly endless, large square where the tent had been grandiosely erected, not only a joyful but a dreamy atmosphere spread. Taemin wanted to lose himself in this tumult and exchange his worries for an evening in this fantastic world where everything existed that did not exist elsewhere.

 

The tent was surrounded by a metal fence, and in this fence, behind the tent, countless wagons were set up where the artists found their sleeping quarters and the animals their shelters. Just as he was about to take in everything that was pompously stretched out in front of him, his gaze went over to Kai and his heart became heavy again.

 

Kai was texting on his mobile phone. He did not notice the magnificently dressed ladies with their perfect make up and feather boas. He didn't give a glance to the jolly fool balancing so happily around on a big ball.

Taemin tried to shake off the thought, after all, the show hadn't started yet. All this was just a sneak preview.

 

A short, chubby man with gigantic ears stood on a platform and accepted their tickets. If the ears were glued on, Taemin thought, the make-up was very good, for no seam or glue could be seen. The chubby man took out a magnifying glass and examined the tickets from every angle with a stern expression.

Taemin found his silly show very amusing and thought it was admirable that every single artist had already completely and fully slipped into their roles before the actual performance even started.

"Seems real..." the big-eared man said mysteriously and validated the tickets by stabbing through them. He handed the tickets back to Taemin and let confetti rain down as Kai and Taemin passed through the archway, which resembled the mouth of an amused clown.

 

Many tiers jammed upwards into an arena. The venue would be well visible from all seats, for it was gigantic in size and wide in its circular shape. Many guests had already taken their seats and the tense anticipation could be clearly read on their faces. 

 

"Wow..." said Taemin with humble amazement as he looked up. The tent already looked astronomically high from the outside, but as he now looked at the height from the inside, he couldn't help but pause for a brief moment and admire it all. When he looked around again, Kai was already on his way to their seats.

 

They had a seat fairly in the middle, from where there was a good view of the circular scene that would soon be drenched in magic. More and more seats were taken until there was not a single one left. When all the guests had found their seats, it suddenly became dark, so that some of the guests were frightened.

 

Slow, mysterious music resonated ominously in the air and spooky smoke escaped the scene. A dark, somber voice rang out from nowhere.

"In a world full of magic..." In the middle of the ring, a ray of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter