Chapter 14

When We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

"Taemin." Minhos eyes laid tenderly, full of gratitude on his lover.

"Without you, I couldn't have done this." His arms wrapped around Taemins waist.

 

He couldn't believe he was allowed to meet such an incredible man as Taemin. They had travelled halfway around the world with the circus, but no one was like him. No one was as beautiful, no one was as full of spirit and optimism. From day one, he had believed in him and supported his dream.

 

Taemin would have preferred to stay with Minho until it was his time to go on stage. But he was also happy to finally be able to see the show in full. And being able to see Minho on the trapeze was the cherry on top of the cake for him.

 

Slowly Taemin let his hands slide down from Minhos shoulders to his strong chest and the two lost themselves in a heartfelt kiss.

 

Taemins words still weighed heavily on Minhos shoulders, but he had no intention of ever letting Taemin go. How could he? Taemin felt a rapid heartbeat and could not make out whether it was Minhos or his own. It was Taemins plea for the rest of the days to forget that their love had an expiration date, but neither had to pretend their feelings for the other. They both knew how they felt about each other.

 

To feel and taste Minhos full lips on his was the most beautiful feeling Taemin ever knew. Like old friends, their tongues embraced each other and would not let go of the other. Only hesitant and with alluring eyes did they detach themselves from each other. How could Minho ever leave this man? He could not imagine not being able to kiss those sweet lips ever again, not being able to look into those dark eyes ever again, not being able to see that beautiful smile ever again. So why did Taemin keep talking about saying goodbye?

 

Taemins fingers enclosed Minhos necklace.

"You're gonna blow them away." He said softly, full of certainty.

 

He had watched Minho and knew what talent and more importantly, how much passion was in him. Of course he had heard what the director had said to Minho. But he knew that if he saw him up there just once, and saw with how much ease he could enchant the audience, then the director would change his mind. And even if it was the hardest thing Taemin had ever had to accept in his life, it was what his heart wanted. He wanted Minho to be happy. Minho had fought for his dream for so long and now he had the chance, he would never let it pass.

 

Taemin exhaled deeply.

"It's about to start." Lovingly, his eyes lingered on Minhos.

"Once this is all over..." With pleading eyes, Minho looked down.

"Minho..." The younger gently placed his fingers over Minhos lips.

"You don't have to say anything." They both heard Taemins voice falter and how much sadness resonated there.

"We will be together." Minho wanted Taemin to enjoy the show with a light heart. He wanted to reassure him that all his fears were unfounded because he had already made up his mind. He would always choose Taemin.

But Taemin knew better.

 

"That would be nice." And in the spirit of the charade, he played along. He couldn't stop the tragedy from ending, but he would pretend the ending wasn't written until the last minute.

"I will cheer for you. So loud that you will hear my voice out among the crowd." He kissed the pendant of Minhos necklace and gave his lover a tender smile. Minho didn't want to let Taemin go, not like this. But it was time. The show was about to start.

"I will keep my promise." He said before the younger opened the wagon door and went out.

 

 

Kai was already waiting at the entrance and waved at Taemin when he came out. He did not respond to the fact that Taemin was already inside the tent. Taemin should come to tell him everything on his own, and Kai would make sure of that.

 

"Hey." A little awkward and embarrassed, Taemin approached him. He didn't know exactly how to face his best friend after their last conversation.

"Hey." Kai held the two tickets up in the air demonstratively.

"Should we go inside?"

 

If Kai was still distressed, it was not evident on his face Taemin thought, and that reassured him somewhat. Maybe they really were both just overreacting. It happens sometimes, even in the best friendships. Taemin nodded slightly.

 

The two had the tickets validated and the little man with the big ears asked not to take any photos or video recordings. Taemin was as if he hadn't said that last time, but didn't waste a second thought on it.

 

Now was not the best time, but Taemin was keen to have a conversation with Kai. He wanted to talk about what had happened between them and he also wanted to tell him all about Minho. But that could wait a little longer. Taemin was tired. The thought of Minho, rather the thought of not being able to be with him, drained him.

 

"I've been training a lot these past few days." Said Kai as the two sat down in their seats.

 

Taemin listened to him. Kai really didn't seem distressed. Was he himself taking the whole thing far too seriously? After all, Kai was here and he wanted to see the show with him. Taemin didn't know exactly where his head was and he postponed his thoughts until later. Right now he wanted to enjoy the show.

It was all good, wasn't it? After all, that's exactly what he wanted. To go to the circus with his best friend, to watch Minho.

 

The lights dimmed and the somber atmosphere Taemin already knew flared up in the circus. He shuddered a little to hear the ringmasters voice. To the audience it sounded mysterious and secretive, but to Taemin it only reminded him of bad times.

 

An astonished murmur went through the crowd as the green smoke was released and suddenly a single beam of light shone in the middle of the ring. He heard the disgusted 'boy' ring out as the voice faded. And he heard how bitingly and venomously the director spoke to Minho.

 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter