Chapter 17

When We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

 

Minho seemed a little taller, Taemin thought as they took a walk around the field. The other artists smiled at him as they passed them. They called out to him what a great show he had put on and approached him with more respect than before.

It made Minho visibly uncomfortable. Awkwardly, he thanked them and nodded politely to everyone who looked at him. He was not used to being shown so much respect, but he also enjoyed it a little.

 

"Minho!" When Taemin looked to see who was calling his lover, he recognized the lady who had almost hit him with a ball. With a big smile, she came running towards the two.

"Minho! Just before the show we always sit down together and discuss everything. So who's on when and what might be changed." She said slightly out of breath. Her hair was tied back in a braid and her fringes were so long that she could tuck them behind her ears.

"Would you like to join us today?" she asked cheerfully. Minho didn't immediately know what to say. Normally he spent this time with the animals or with Key. But apparently he was now part of the artists and they welcomed him with open arms.

"Yes, I'd love to." He said a little shyly with a friendly smile.

"Excuse me, is this yours by any chance?" Taemin asked her before she went on her way again. The woman looked at the hair clip Taemin held to his hand.

"I found it a few days ago. Did you perhaps lose it?" he wanted to know. The woman just shook her head. You could see that she was thinking who this clip could belong to.

"It's not mine and I don't know anyone else who is missing a clip. But I'll keep my eyes open." She said before going on her way again. Taemin put the clip back in his pocket.

 

Before the two could return to their walk, they heard another loud voice. But it sounded anything but friendly to Minho.

"Boy!" the ringmaster yelled, slurring his words. Taemin sighed sadly, which made Minho smile a little. He was not used to it any other way and had learned over the years not to take it so harshly, even if Key often told him to fight back.

"Don't you have animals to look after? Or are you trying to avoid work in these last days of yours?" the headmaster was holding on to the doorframe with one arm and didn't seem steady on his feet in other ways either. But this time it was not because of his limp. Minho and Key had been ready for the afternoon. Taemin had helped them with everything so he could spend some more time with Minho.

 

"I'll be on my way right away." Minho called back to him. The director gave Minho a venomous look before turning and walking back to his wagon.

"This can't be." Taemin stared at the wagon in disbelief.

"He hasn't changed his mind?" The thoughts in Taemins head raced and Minho gave him a smile.

"Now do you finally believe me?" He took Taemins hands in his and kissed the back of his hand.

"Minho..." hopeful Taemins eyes rested in Minhos.

 

Taemin couldn't believe it. He and Minho would really be able to be together. But as much as happiness warmed his heart now, pain pierced him. He knew that being on the trapeze was Minhos greatest dream. How could he have been happy that Minho now had to give that up?

 

"You still have a few days to convince him!" Taemins words almost spilled over.

 

Surely it was not possible that the director had not seen the same as he and the spectators. With ease, Minho captivated the audience, under the most difficult conditions. Everyone could see that Minho had been born to do this.

Of course Taemin wanted to be with Minho. But why did these cruel circumstances have to bring them together? Why did Jinki have to be hurt for this? And why did Minho have to give up his destiny for it?

 

Minho placed a gentle kiss on Taemins lips. He could see that the younger one was worrying far too much again and his thoughts found no peace. But there was no need for that now. He wanted to give Taemin the same feeling that Taemin gave him. There was a rumbling commotion in Minho too, until Taemin let it die away with his love and gentleness. Involuntarily, Taemins shoulders sank and Minho felt Taemin calm down.

 

"Will you watch me for the last few days?" Minhos voice sounded soft and protective in its darkness. Taemin had to smile. He put his hand on Minhos cheek and caressed it tenderly.

"Of course I will." He promised in a loving whisper.

 

Could it really be that simple, Taemin wondered. Would they be able to live a normal life at the end of this week? Would Minho be able to be happy with him? Or would he soon grow tired of Taemin?

For Taemins life was anything but a magic show at the circus. It was not glamorous or full of secrets. Would they get a pet so that Minho wouldn't have to go on living completely without animals? Taemin blushed slightly at the thought. The thought made it seem real.

A pet that the two of them would raise together. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter