Chapter 18

When We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

There was not much left to do. His place was ready and waiting for Minho to move in. Nervousness spread through him as he thought about sharing a flat with his lover. But he knew it was right. Minho was his first serious relationship. And even though they were moving fast with their relationship, he wasn't afraid.

He had never felt such strong feelings for anyone as he did for this man.

 

Taemin breathed in the warm summer air with relish as he made his way to the circus. The last shows had been magnificent. Minho danced on the high wire as if he had been doing it all his life.

 

He wanted to help Minho with the dismantling of the tent. Then, as soon as they were finished, the tent and all the staff would travel on.

When would he and Minho see Jinki and Key again?

 

Taemin stopped and glanced at the café where he and Kai hung out on Fridays after practice. He wondered what new memories he would make there with Minho.

 

Through the window he made out a face. He had heard a lot about her, but he had rarely spent time with Krystal. Taemin wanted to put the issue behind him. And to do that, there was one more thing to do.

 

"Krystal?" he approached her cautiously.

 

The pretty girl sat alone at one of the tables and looked up from her phone. There was a surprised expression on her face. Taemin couldn't help but notice that she didn't want to have a conversation with him, and he understood that.

 

"Can I join you?" he asked her carefully. Krystal said nothing, but nodded. A small box was on the table, which she now pushed aside.

"I must apologize to you." Taemin said, looking earnestly into her eyes. Krystal couldn't miss the remorse in them.

"Apologize?" she asked, confused, now appearing a little more relaxed than before. Taemin exhaled deeply and gathered his courage, he owed her that.

"I was in love with Kai." He said quickly. Krystal didn't look surprised when he said this.

"And I thought I was better for him...better than you..." Krystal slumped backwards on the backrest and looked glumly to the side.

"But I was wrong." Taemin immediately explained himself. He didn't want to make her feel bad.

"I don't even know you and I judged you. That was wrong and I'm sorry." For a few moments, the two looked at each other.

"That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for listening to me." Taemin was about to stand up when Krystal put her hand on his.

"Taemin..." He hadn't expected such a reaction.

"Then I owe you an apology as well." Taemin shook his head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter