Chapter 11: Reveal

Our Wish

Song recommended: Reveal - The boyz

Both teams are getting ready inside the court, only waiting for the referee to blow the whistle.

"Get ready Minju ah~ You are done~" Yena teases.

"Ah unnie~" Minju stomps her feet. "Let me live longer please.."

Yujin covers her face with her right palm, sighing heavily to herself. She can't make herself looking at her crush.

This is the most suffocating match to me. How can I handle this? I should be the one protecting her, not her enemy.

"Ready?" The referee lifts his right hand, giving a sign to the players while the left hand is holding the whistle on the mouth, getting prepared to blow.

"Get behind, Yuri." Hyewon spreads her arms as a shield. Yuri obeys and hides behind the older. Chaewon witness that and shift her sight to Yena and read her expression.

Chaeyeon bites her inner cheeks when her eyes notice the annoying boy making his way to get closer to Sakura.

Get lost, boy!

Sakura presses her lips together watching Jaeyong's hand patting Chaeyeon's shoulders as he whispering something that makes the girl smiles.

Annoying as hell!


"Start!" The whistle got blown.

The ball got thrown up to the air by the referee in the middle and both taller player chosen by both team jump with all their might to get the ball for their team. Sakura's team got it!

"Spread!" Jaeyong shouts and his team members got the cue.

The ball starts to move so quickly in a blink. 4 players have been outed within a minute.

Yena got the ball now.

"Time to shine!"

She swings her arm at full speed to throw the ball toward the small crowd of players getting ready at the left corner but one of them manages to catch her throw and steps forwards to counterattack her.

"Crap!" She steps back with a panicked face, widening her eyes on the ball getting thrown at her. She is lucky, the boy misses the target.

That was fast! Getting hit by it gonna give me bruises for a week!

"Pabo Yena!" Hyewon yells from her behind. Yena just laughs it off.

Thanks to Jaeyong and his skilled friends, they managed to get rid of many players from the opposite team. Unfortunately, many music club members got outed. Yuri and Chaewon are the only ones left along with the remaining field and track members. Why? Because they have been hiding behind Yena, Hyewon and Yujin all this time.

"Good job, Chaewon! You are still alive." Yena steals a few second to pat Chaewon's head while her eyes are being aware of the front.

"What do you mean? Are you looking down on me?" Chaewon squints her eyes towards the older.

"Eyy~ Of course not." Yena grins.

Yuri secretly watches at them from the corner of her eyes.

They are becoming closer day by day while me...

Out of nowhere, a fastball coming in her direction and she just realises it when someone swiftly catches the ball before it hits her.

"Ah.. what a relief.." Hyewon mutters. The ball is in her hands. She shoots it quick and got a boy out from the court. She turns to Yuri.

"You okay?"

Yuri is horrified by it. Her eyes didn't blink and let opened.

"I-"

"Pay attention to the ball."

And to me. Not Yena.

The ball continues to hunt the next victim. When it reaches Chaeyeon, she easily avoids it because of her flexibility and fast response.

Yujin grabs the ball from the ground and aiming for the nearest enemy. She's about to throw when she notices it's Wonyoung being her target.

"! I don't want to do this." She pauses her action.

"Shoot, puppy!" Hyewon urges.

Yujin hesitates and when her eyes meet Wonyoung's, she totally lost it.

"I can't do this, unnie." she tosses the ball to Hyewon.

"Then, let me do it!" Without waiting any longer, Hyewon launches her attack and successfully hit Wonyoung's legs with the ball. Wonyoung is out.

"Unnie!!" Yujin stomps her feet.

"What?!"

"That's Wonyoung!"

"So?! she's still our opponents!" Hyewon speaks, half scolding.

"But!!"

Out of nowhere, a ball comes to hit Yujin's shoulders and it bounces hitting Hyewon's stomach too.

They both turn speechless and capture Minju waving her hand at them with an apologetic smile on her face.

"You both, out!" The referee blows his whistle.

"This is your fault, unnie!" Yujin rants.

"Me? You are the one making fuse of it. Why wouldn't you just shoot at her?!" Hyewon don't want to lose.

"Because I can't!"

"Why? Because you li-"

"Get out! Fight outside!" Chaeyeon shoves them out from the court and the match continues.

'No shame people' team is leading the game with 9 players left while in Beauty and Beast team, they have 5 players left.

"Minju." Yena whispers to Yuri as the ball is with her right now. Minju knows they are aiming for her now and she's trapped at the corner by herself, it's the end for her.

"Yuri ah, I'm your friend.." She uses her emergency plan.

"Sorry." Yuri mouthed.

Minju shuts her eyes tight, expecting the ball to hit her but the ball falls to her hand in a miracle and she manages to grab it. You can say, she is blessed today.

"She got the luck today." Hyewon comments from the side of the court, watching the game.

Without thinking much, Minju shoots the ball towards Yuri but thank you for her fast reflex, Yuri avoids it quickly and what happens next makes Minju panic as the ball bumps to Chaewon standing behind Yuri and make her outed.

"No" Minju regrets her action.

Chaewon chuckles. She brings up a hand to tell Minju she's okay while walking out of the court. She had to admit that deep in her heart she lowkey want to be outed.

I want to confirm something.

Her eyes are already locked on someone.

A few minutes later, only 4 players left in Chaeyeon's team while in Sakura's, only her and Changsub being the only hope for the team after Minju got outed by Jaeyong. The audience is cheering for their team loudly.

Chaeyeon purses her lips as she bets her eyes at Changsub and Sakura. The scene really makes her eyes hurt.

"Don't worry, Sakura. Oppa will protect you." Changsub said it loudly like he wants to show the world how gentleman he is.

"The hell.." Chaeyeon utters under her breath. She gives a signal to Jaeyong to pass the ball to her and when she got it, she shoots with all her might without second thinking towards both of them.

"We win!" Yena yells out happily and that second, the whistle blown out as a sign of the match already finished.

"That's how you should play, Yujin!" Hyewon smacks Yujin's back before following other members celebrating their win in the court.

"I told you I'm sorry!"

In the middle of the crowd celebrating their win and reassuring the lose team, there is Sakura who is still standing at the same place, eyes fixed on the girl at the other side.

She didn't hesitate to shoot at all! Her glare... she never gives that look to me before.

"That's our captain!" Jaeyong casually lifts Chaeyeon up and spins the girl around joyfully. The scene looks so normal to the Field and Track members but for the other clubs, they sense something is going on between those two.

"That's.." Yuri mutters.

"Yeah. I didn't expect he would do that." Chaewon understands what Yuri is trying to say.

Both of them shift their sight to Sakura not so far from them.

"Will we get the final episode of this drama today?"

"I doubt it. Let's see how it will go."

"What are you guys looking at?" Yena's voice is so close to Yuri's ear that makes her flinched at her place. She turns to her and receives a soft smile.

"Sakura unnie. She seems troubled there." Yuri answered with nervous voice.

Yena follow their eyes direction and nods to herself.

That's what in the plan.

"Ah... You know, the Interesting part will happen now." Yena winks while pointing secretly at Chaeyeon who is still celebrating with Jaeyong and other members and not long after that, they watch Jaeyong whispering something to Chaeyeon and both of them leave the field together.

"Where are they going?" Chaewon questioned curiously.

"Confession."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If her glare is a weapon, she already can kill someone right now. Sakura can't stop glaring at those two acting like lovebirds in front of her. Yes, she knew her team lose the game and they won, they have the right to celebrate together but! Not like hugging each other like that!

"I really have to talk to her immediately." she mutters under her breath before pressing her lips together to contain her anger or... jealousy?

She witnesses how Jaeyong leans closer to Chaeyeon and whispers something to her before they both walking together, leaving the field. Her eyebrows are knitted together.

"Where are they going?" She's asking herself.

'I guess it's the time for me to accept the person who truly likes me instead of chasing the person that I like but can't be mine.'

"No! I can't let that happen."

"Unnie! It's time for lunch!" Wonyoung calls her from behind.

"You guys go first. I will be there later." Sakura can't think of anything else. She quickly excuses herself and catches up with the two who almost left her vision.

Chaeyeon carefully follows Jaeyong from behind. Her heart can't stop beating until now. She can't breathe properly because of that.

Am I doing it right? Is this what I want? What if it doesn't end well? What if I'm not happy at the end?

"Is it okay if we talk here?" Jaeyong stops his steps in the middle of a small garden. It's kinda hidden by a big tree that provides some privacy for them.

Chaeyeon inspects her surrounding before turns back to Jaeyong to answer the question with a nod.

"Alright." He clears his throat. "You know.. It's almost two years we know each other, thanks to our club and yeah.. We've become so close and being mistaken as a couple.." He laughs nervously with his right hand behind his head.

Chaeyeon stares into his eyes without any blink, listening carefully to his words and trying to connect the dot.

This is it..

"I know what are you trying to say, Jaeyong. You can cut it short." Her expression softened.

His nervousness disappears at the moment he receives the words and starts to relax. "Oh! Yeah.. Um.. We both know what is going on between you and..but.."

Chaeyeon raises her right eyebrow.

"Alright! I like you. Would you go out with me?"

Finally..

Chaeyeon smiles. "That's why you are being so unusual lately."

"You mean 'romantic'?"

Both of them chuckles. And now it's silent back.

"Do I need to answer it now?"

"It's all up to you." Jaeyong scratches his nape. "I'll wait." He ends his words with a smile. It looks so sincere and Chaeyeon can't lie about it shaking her heart a bit.

"Okay then. I will-"

"Chaeyeon!"

Both of them turn to the voice.

"Let's talk."

Chaeyeon didn't respond but instead, letting out a heavy sigh.

An awkward silence coming between them.

"Chaeyeon."

"I don't think we have anything to talk about."

"We do." Her eyes squinting at Jaeyong. "Just two of us. Alone." She presses the last word so that Jaeyong can get the hint.

"Yeah, sure." He shoves his hands to his pockets. "I will wait for your answer." He taps Chaeyeon's shoulder before bringing himself out of the garden, leaving the two. They send their stare to him until he's gone from their sight.

"What is it?" Chaeyeon breaks the silence.

Sakura presses both lips before letting her eyes meet the girl.

"It's about us."

"Hmm?" Chaeyeon folds her arms.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, Chae." She can't hide her brittle voice. Her heartfelt overwhelmed after she said those.

"I thought we already settled this?"

"We aren't. Look what happen to us. We are avoiding each other."

Chaeyeon exhales slowly while looking away.

"This is what you want right?"

Sakura loses her words.

"I'm just doing what you want, Sakura. You started it first and I just followed the flow." Her voice sounded so calm.

I'm shaking like hell inside, but her eyes did magic.

Sakura lowered her gaze to the ground. "I admit I'm a fault. I'm sorry for ignoring you, avoiding you all this time. I- I- just..." She hides her face with her palms. "I'm just a mess."

Chaeyeon brings her hand up to the girl's hair.

"I'm the one who causes the mess. I should be aware of your feelings towards Irene seongsaenim. I'm sorry to burden you with my stupid feeling but don't worry, I will move on from it. It might take some time but I think I could make it."

Sakura looks up.

"You are saying you give up on us? "

Chaeyeon sighs.

"Maybe."

"Just like that?!"

"Sakura.."

"And you will go out with him?"

Chaeyeon just lets the question unanswered.

"So it's true you like him.." Sakura looks down back to the ground. She tries so hard to contain her feelings inside.

Chaeyeon immediately holds Sakura's hands, asking the girl to look back at her.

"You know my feelings towards you, right?"

"You never confirm it to me. How would I know you are serious or not?"

"I was trying to get the right timing to tell it but it was too late. You.. love Irene seongsaenim." Her voice lowering down at the end.

"Chae.."

Chaeyeon holds up her finger to the small pretty lips of Sakura.

"It's okay. I understand. We can't stop anyone from falling in love." She smiles. "We still can be friends, right?"

Sakura pushes the hand away. "No! I don't want it!"

Chaeyeon startled. "Why? Is it because of him?"

"Chae, listen.."

Chaeyeon raises her hands. "I don't understand why you hate seeing me with him. Aren't you happy I won't burden you anymore after this? I'm opening up my heart to him so I can move on from you."

"But I don't want it!" Sakura raises her voice.

"Why?!"

Chaeyeon gasps when her collar is getting pulled in and her mind goes blank when their lips meet. Her eyes widened looking at the older kissing her with eyes closed.

A few seconds later, Sakura pulls off the kiss and the younger's cheek.

"Why should I be happy when the one I love will be taken away from me?" Her vision starts getting blurred by the tear.

"You... Are you... Wait.." Chaeyeon struggles to find the right words.

Sakura proceeds to hug the younger tightly, doesn't plan to let her go.

"I love you, Chae."

"But.. Irene seongsaenim.." Chaeyeon is still confused. Her hands freeze at the sides.

"Yes, she was my first love. But I realize the feeling is not the same anymore as before. I'm sorry for taking so much time to realize." Her voice sounds so desperate as her hug become tighter. 

"But you told me.."

"I don't want to befriend you because I want to be more than that. I hate seeing you with him because his place should be mine. I can't hide my jealousy when there is someone else getting closer with you and know you better than me."  

The explanation from Sakura is already enough to answer all of the questions that haunted her mind. Chaeyeon pull back from the hug and felt like a bullet ripping through her heart when she sees tears that flooded the eyes of the girl she love start to fall down. Her hand spontaneously wipe them off gently while they still staring at each other in silence.

" I love you more."

Upon saying that, she cups the wet cheeks and slowly leans closer to let her lips meet hers.

Unexpectedly, they heard ruffles in bushes nearer to them.

"Yah! Don't push!" A loud whispering voice clearly can be heard.

Chaeyeon gives a peck to Sakura before turning to the bushes. "We heard you guys there." She rolls her eyes.

Yena and Yujin pop up their heads from the bushes after that and a grin tugged at their lips. Not only them, Yuri, Hyewon, Wonyoung and Minju are also there.

"Did you guys saw everything?!" Sakura's expression turned shocked and heat start to stain her cheeks.

"Nope. We just happen to pass by here. Don't mind us." Yena lied and start to walk away awkwardly with Yujin.

Chaeyeon smirks. "Wonyoung ah, Why your face is so red?"

Yena and Yujin pause their steps and look back at the youngest.

Ah.. Wonyoung can't lie..

"She.. felt hot after playing. Yeah. And thirsty too. We..  are going to grab some drinks!" Yuri takes part in covering them up.

"Yes! Pity Wonyoung! Let's go!" Minju supports.

They both drag the madly blushed maknae away.

"Congrats~" Hyewon waves before start to catch up with others. Chaewon smile sheepishly and follow the older.

"Obviously, they see us!" Sakura felt like she wanna scream her lung out.

"Definitely. I saw them since you came. And by the way, I saw you watching me all the time and followed me here." Chaeyeon chuckles.

"You noticed?"

"I was waiting for you to come actually."

"Sorry?" Sakura is dumbfounded.

 She scratches her cheek before speaks. "Last night, you saw me and Yena in front of our room, right?"

Sakura nods. 

"That's how the plan began. All of the talk you hears last night was planned by me and Yena. We asked the girls to help us with it too."

"Planned? You mean the confession just now.. is an act?" 

"Are you guys already official?" Jaeyong interrupts as he approaches from the back.

Chaeyeon winks at him and they laugh happily.

"I told you it will work!" He gives a high five before hugging her shoulder and grins at Sakura. "Sorry for making you jealous. She's like my dongsaeng. Don't worry~ I won't take her away from you." He winks.

Sakura was stoned at her place, loss of words. 

So it's really an act.

She bite her lips.

"I think she's mad. Good luck sis." Jaeyoung whispered and quickly escape before the bomb explodes. You can't predict woman~

Chaeyeon suddenly feels like cold hit her spines. She slowly turns her face to the girl and receives a death glare.

"Mind explaining?" Sakura sounded so sarcastic. 

"Ey~ It was a few minutes away since we were official. Don't be mad~" Chaeyeon coo. 

"I should reconsider it." Sakura starts to walk away.

"Saku chan~" 
 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Writer's Note]

This chapter specially for KkuChaen. The next chapter is for... Ehem Ehem... Prepare your heart guys. 😿

Hope you Enjoy~