Chapter 6: Cold

Our Wish

Song recommended: Breathe - Lee Hi

 

Yujin's eyes are totally focused at the clock on the wall. She's counting every second ticking there while twirling her pen.

2 more minutes.

Her phone vibrates, and she opens the chat notification while being cautious with seongsaenim in front of her.

                                                                                  **AceTeam**

FeathersLikeChae
The manager told that we don't have training today.

WoffWoffYujin
Party time~

FeathersLikeChae
And I got another news. Will announce it during lunchtime.

WoffWoffYujin
Good or bad?

FeathersLikeChae
Surprise~ Where 99z?

DuckieeYena
CHAEYEEEONNNNNNNNNNN
CHAEEYEONNNNNN
WE ARE SORRY

SO SORRY. PLEASE BEAR IT FOR NOW!

FeathersLikeChae
What the hell?

[The bell rings]

Yujin doesn't care about the upcoming messages from the group chat. She hops from her chair when seongsaenim left the class and rushed to the stairs. She stops suddenly and turns to one of her classmates who casually standing at the door waiting for someone.

"Yuna, Am I looking good?" She asks anxiously.

Yuna turns and Yujin's hair as she checks her up. "You are good." She ends her words with a cute grin.

Yujin is satisfied. "Thanks! I'm going!" She rushes down the stairs and her timing is too right. Wonyoung is about to walk out of her class at that time. Maybe it's really a fate for them? (Eyy~)

"Hi!" Yujin waves with a huge smile, that showing off her cute dimples. She tries hard to look calm but in her heart, it's like a storm happening inside. 

Wonyoung can't believe her eyes right now. "H-Hi?" She shuttered. 

The atmosphere is so awkward that the students who are watching them right now can feel the cold wind.

Wonyoung gives out a fake cough. "Let's go, unnie. " She utters in a low voice as she grabs Yujin's arm in advance to get them out of that place. Of course, Ahn Yujin will grab their attention, she's popular among these juniors especially the girls but little Ahn Yujin never notice that.

"Why are they looking at us like that?" Yujin's questioned as she's still looking at those students.

"Don't mind them. They are just curious to see upperclassman here and talk with the junior, especially you, unnie." Her voice sounds a bit jealous but Yujin still can't notice that.

They are on their way to the cafeteria and notice Hyewon, Sakura, Yena and Chaewon are using the same way as them. 

"Unnie!" Yujin calls out loud and makes four of them turn to her. 

"Yujin! Oh! What a surprise~" Yena gives out a teasing look. Hyewon already put up her smirk on her face. 

"How come you guys are with Sakura unnie? Don't tell us you guys skip class together?" Yujin hugs Yena's shoulder as they continue their walk all together to the cafeteria. 

"Bingo~" Yena winks. 

Yujin's jaws dropped but Wonyoung still remains calm hearing that. She already knows Sakura unnie will do like that if her mind messes up or too many works burden her. However, Sakura's sour face right now worries Wonyoung. 

"Unnie, you okay?" She links her arm with Sakura's while showing her soft smile, hoping it will help Sakura smiles and it works! No one can't resist Wonyoung's cuteness. 

Sakura Wonyoung's hair. "I'm okay, bunny. Don't worry." Too bad, Wonyoung can't read her heart. At the moment she sees Chaeyeon sitting at the table where they all will be seating since the day they eat lunch together before, her heart sinks a bit, remembering the information she got at the rooftop.

"Hey guys! Wow~ Seems like everyone is getting along together day by day." Chaeyeon grins looking at them. All of them laugh together except Sakura. She just gives a half-smile and proceeds to the buffet table to grab her lunch followed by Wonyoung beside her. That reaction automatically makes Chaeyeon startled. She senses something is wrong. Chaeyeon tries to get hints from her group but all of them pretend they don't know anything and act casual including Chaewon. She can't believe she's involved in this emergency plan too.

"We are dead." Yena utters under her breath while scratching her head in frustration when Chaeyeon is not looking.

"What's wrong, unnie?" Yujin shows a questioned look. She notices Sakura's cold reaction just now and wondering about it. Hyewon immediately whispers something to Yujin that makes her frowned so hard.

"She's jealous?" Yujin asks for confirmation.

Yena and Hyewon just shrug it off as they are not 100% sure about it.

"I'm glad we don't have training today. Or else, we would be dead getting tortured by Chaeyeon unnie." Yujin shows a relief face.

"Whatever it is, we must stick to our plan, don't ever let Chaeyeon know about this and we must avoid her from that guy." Yena talking like a captain giving orders to her soldiers. Everybody nods.

After obtaining meals, they are all taking their regular seats and the mood there felt like they are at a funeral. Chaeyeon tries to gain Sakura's attention since a while ago but she's is being ghosted and it hurts. When Minju and Yuri show up at the table with their meals, Yena quickly passes signals to them not to say anything at the moment. They obey it and cautiously taking their seats beside Wonyoung, trying to read the situation. 

"Should we do something with this atmosphere? It makes me lost appetite already." Hyewon whispers to Yujin beside her.

Yujin looks up from her meals and wanders her eyes around her as she struggles to think of anything to break the silence.

Ah! Now I remember!

"Unnie, what's the news you want to tell us?" That question gains everyone's attention including Sakura. She looks up to Chaeyeon and meets her eyes. Chaeyeon smiles.

Does she want to declare the thing they talk about at the rooftop?

Sakura's heart is pounding so hard, waiting for the girl in front of her to initiate her talk.

"Ahhh, about that. Please think carefully about it. I hope you guys accept it." Chaeyeon's deep tone is forcing all of them to feel nervous unconsciously as if it's a serious matter. She clears before continues.

"It's about the annual camp.." 

"Not interested."

"I'm busy."

"Got family matters."

Chaeyeon lets out her groan of frustration. She already anticipate this reaction from them. Same like last year. These brats really not showing interest in these kind of events.

"I told you to think carefully first." 

"We still won't change our minds." Yena answers lazily. The other two members nod with the same expression.

Chaeyeon moves her fingers through her hair, try to calm herself down. 

Someone tell me. How to convince these brats?

"Why won't you guys join it, unnie?" Yuri asked out of curiosity. 

"It is boring. Spending time with same faces from the club, boring activities, need to do all the workpapers bla bla bla.." Yena answered. In conclusion, she hates it so much. Those 3 days 2 nights can be spent in front of computer playing games or Nintendo switch. 

Yuri and Chaewon shares their gaze between each other with confuse look. Yena's claims are really opposite of what they have been told by Taeyeon seongsaenim. 

"Are you guys joining the camp?" Chaeyeon asked and obtain the nods from Yuri, Minju, Chaewon and Wonyoung.  Sakura definitely will join the camp because she's the committee of the camp and Chaeyeon acknowledges it. That's why Chaeyeon surely will join the camp too. 

"Why would you ask that question? Like they gonna join our camp too?" Hyewon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Because we were briefed, this camp will be different from the previous year. They gathers all the clubs together and all the things will be taken care of by student council and the school. We just travel there and follow all the activities arranged. " Minju clarifies the details.

"ALL OF THE CLUBS WILL MEET EACH OTHER AT THAT CAMP?" Yujin exclaimed with widen eyes. She can't believe her ears.

"Yes." Wonyoung answered. Okay, she believes it now.

Hyewon, Yena, and Yujin looking at each other as if they are communicating through it. 

.
.
.

"I'm interested."

"I'm free. Will join."

"My family allows me to join. Count me in." 

"Woah, You guys are really something else." Chaeyeon is in disbelief.  

Whipped culture

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyeon tries to match her pace with Sakura as fast as she could but the girl doesn't have the intention to slow down.

"Why are you ignoring me? Did I do anything wrong?" She sounds desperate.

Sakura just ignores it as if she heard nothing.  That really pisses Chaeyeon off so she takes a drastic move. She hold her wrist and made the girl let out a tiny scream with a shocked expression facing her.

"What are you doing? Let me go." Sakura shows her dissatisfied face.

"I won't until you tell me what's wrong." Chaeyeon reply with her intense gaze. She doesn't care about the murmur around them right now. 

"It has nothing to do with you." She lied.

"Then why you treat me like a ghost?" Chaeyeon trapped her with the question. Sakura become silent.

"Oh! Sakura!"

Both of them turn to the familiar voice. Irene seongsaenim approach them with a smile. Her beauty is no joke.

Both Chaeyeon and Sakura bow politely.

"Sorry for bothering you guys. Can I talk with Sakura for a while?" Irene seongsaenim gaze at Chaeyeon for approval.

"Of course, seongsaenim. take your time. I can wait." Chaeyeon smiles and steps away to give them some space. Her eyes won't leave Sakura as she waits at the corridor window. And something caught her attention.

I never see this side of her before. The way she looks at Irene seongsaenim, it's full of admiration (?) or love (?) Her smiles never left her face and it's so different than the smile I saw before. Could she actually..?

Suddenly Chaeyeon remembers things they talked about at previous lunch, about student council thingy. She tries to connect the dots.

Ah... I get it now.

That smile of Sakura suddenly disappears when Irene seongsaenim is gone from their sight. She steals a glance at Chaeyeon with a cold expression and continues her walk. Chaeyeon just follows her from behind until they reach Chaeyeon's class.

"Bye." She heard Sakura says in a low cold voice.

"Now I know why you join the student council." Chaeyeon's sentences make her stop. They are staring at each other now. The corridor is not as busy as before as the lunchtime is already over a while ago, providing them some privacy.

"You like her don't you? No. You love her, right?" Chaeyeon's voice crack a bit when she said the 'love' word. Her eyes are full of disappointment. She can't hide it.

Sakura doesn't understand what is she talking about and who is Chaeyeon referring to. "What do you mean?" she frowned. 

"Irene seongsaenim.." Chaeyeon mutters. 

Sakura is speechless. She is surprised the girl already found her secret. She looks away and took some times taking a deep breath before speaks. "Yes. And it has nothing to do with you, right? We are just friends." She stares back at Chaeyeon with an impassive expression. 

It feels like getting stabbed into the heart.

Chaeyeon looks down at her own shoes. She clenches her hands tight, closing her eyes for a while to keep herself calm before the storm.

"Right. It has nothing to do with me. I thought you already know my feelings.  You really are a good gamer. Gaming people's hearts too." Her voice sounds so sarcastic and she really means it. 

Sakura tilts her head, getting annoyed all of sudden. 

Is she blaming me now? 

"You are talking like an innocent girl. What do you mean by know your feelings? You never say anything before about it. Oh? It's okay. I know your feelings now. You like that close sunbae of you right?" Finally, all of this mess she has been keeping inside her heart and mind is exposed. Her heart felt so light at the moment. But, she starts to regret it after looking at Chaeyeon's face.

Chaeyeon frowned so hard. "My close sunbae? You mean Jaeyoung? I like him?" Chaeyeon can't accept this nonsense. 

Who the hell spread out this nonsense thing?!

"Ask your teammates." Sakura starts to walk away.

THESE BRATS!

"Wait! I can explain!" Chaeyeon calls her out but too late, Sakura has already gone from her sight as she takes her way up the stairs.

                                                                                          **AceTeam**

FeathersLikeChae
CHOI YENA!
KANG HYEWON!
AHN YUJIN!

DuckieeYena
BLAME HYEWON! SHE'S THE WHO BRING IT UP!

WoffWoffYujin
Sorry but this time I'm not involved in this mess.

DuckieeYena
You are involved too since you agree on our plan.

WoffWoffYujin
Is that actually a trap for me?!

FeathersLikeChae
Now I know why you send that message. 
WHAT THE HELL YOU GUYS TOLD HER ABOUT ME AND JAE YOUNG?

Hyewonieeeee

I just said you that might like him but she interpreted it wrongly.

FeathersLikeChae
Of course she will interpret it wrongly hearing that!

DuckieeYena
We thought she's sleeping when we discuss it. Suddenly she wakes up and rants about it. 

Hyewonieeeee
We try to explain about it but she doesn't want to hear and just go like that. 

FeathersLikeChae
WHY DID YOU GUYS DISCUSS ABOUT IT AT THE FIRST PLACE?

DuckieeYena
We are just curious about you guys. You never declare about your relationship with her. We thought you guys are official but at some point, it seems not.

FeathersLikeChae
I'm just waiting for the right time to tell her. That's why I suddenly become closer to Jae Young, to talk about this!

DuckieeYena
You should just discuss it with us. We can help you~

FeathersLikeChae
You guys will just mess it up even more like now. And none of you has experience in this matter, SINGLES!

WoffWoffYujin
Ouch!

Hyewonieeeee
You should just confess to her. You guys are together right now, right?

FeathersLikeChae
It's too late. She's gone now. And I found out she likes Irene seongsaenim.

DuckieeYena
SHE WHAT?!

WoffWoffYujin
Oh damn. What a plot twist. 

Hyewonieeeee
That's why she joins the student council? Because Irene seongsaenim is the adviser?

FeathersLikeChae
I think so. And she admits she likes her. No. She loves her. 

DuckieeYena
How can she fall in love with that scary seongsaenim?! I can't brain it myself!

Hyewonieeeee
Because you don't have brain

WoffWoffYujin
LOL

FeathersLikeChae
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

DuckieeYena
I let you off this time because you make Chaeyeon laugh.
Chat her and confess, Chaeyeon. It's never too late. 

WoffWoffYujin
She will totally get rejected if she confesses right now, unnie. The timing is the worst.

Hyewonieeeee
Stupid duck~ That's why you are still single. 

DuckieeYena
Shut up, food monster! You are single too!

FeathersLikeChae
Now you guys better help me to fix things up or I will make you suffer more in training.

DuckieeYena
You are forgetting we are unnies here.

FeathersLikeChae
Yes unnie 😉 You should pay me back what you've done.

WoffWoffYujin
That emoji seems so scary to me right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome back, Miss Kim. Dinner will be served for you in half an hour from now." The butler, known as Mr Hu greets her with a bow as he opens the main door of the mansion.

Chaewon replies with a soft smile. "It's okay, Mr Hu. I think I'm full already for tonight." She enters the mansion and scans her surroundings.

"Dad and mom are not home yet?" She asks as she turns back to face him.

Mr Hu gives a head shake. "They are still making final preparations for the dinner tomorrow. And Madam asks me to inform you that your dress for tomorrow already prepared in your dressing room."

Chaewon realizes about the dinner tomorrow and she sighs heavily. Tomorrow is the anniversary of KK Corporate and each year they will celebrate it with a grand dinner at a grand place. But this year, it is the first time for them to hold the dinner in Korea since they move here from Japan.

This might be the reason why Mom and Dad put more effort into the planning.

"I will take a look at it later." She speaks but in a weak voice. She is not excited to attend the dinner this time. In Japan, she had Hitomi and Nako as her companions whenever she attended company events. Hitomi is the daughter of the CEO of the company branch in Nagoya while Nako is the daughter of the CEO of the Tokyo branch. And three of them attend the same school since they were kids. This year, she had to follow her parents moving to Korea as the company wants to expand their business in this country. Even though she lived in Japan since she was a kid, Chaewon and her parents are pure Korean and she will visit her grandparents who are staying in Jeju Island twice a year. How can her parents start the business and become successful in Japan instead of Korea? Chaewon's father, President Kim finish his Ph.D. in business management in Japan before. Not long after that, he started to establish his own company that produces electronic devices with the help of his acquaintance. He was blessed with golden luck as the company grows rapidly and they managed to establish 12 branches in Japan within 7 years. Her father met her mother who is an actress in the theater during an occasion in Japan. Then, her mother retired and start her own theater academy while helping her father managing the company.

She enters her room with heavy steps and slumps herself on her be with No intention to wash first. She's so tired, mental and physical.

Should I ask Tomi and Nako?

                                                                         **StanTwiceWithNako**

KimChaeWon
Will you guys attend the dinner?

NakoNakoNako
I wanna go~ 

PpangTomi
Sorry unnie .. We really want to be there but it's school days and a lot of school projects coming..

KimChaeWon
It's okay. I understand. it's a busy week for all of us. 

NakoNakoNako
How about I skip school and follow my parents there?

KimChaeWon
I doubt you do it for the sake of me or Twice?

PpangTomi
Their concert will be on the day after tomorrow right?

NakoNakoNako
Did I got caught?  Ehee

KimChaeWon
Told ya~

PpangTomi
We know you for so long~

NakoNakoNako
Ehee ~ Yeah same with Tomi :( Too much work here

KimChaeWon
Let's meet during during holidays soon. We should go on vacations today.

NakoNakoNako
Twice concert?

KimChaeWon
Concert, merch, and if you want to camp in front of their company
I will bring you there too.

NakoNakoNako
Should we go tomorrow?

PpangTomi
Nako ya~! during HOLIDAY.

NakoNakoNako
I'm just kidding. Okay, during holidays soon.

PpangTomi
Can we change the group name back to 'BestBuddies'?

NakoNakoNako
NO!

Chaewon's wide smile appears as she read the chatroom. 

Both of them never change. Always bickering when they are together. Ah~ I miss them so much!

Chaewon rolls on the bed and stops when she remembers something.

'You are a quiet person.'

Chaewon sighs as she close her eyes. She agrees that she's really a quiet person. But she's not like that when she was kids. She was so loud and active, had a lot of friends. She loves singing so much so she joined school choir team and compete until national competition. Those happy moments didn't last long. She changed so much in middle school. Why? 

When she talked with male students, she was called as a flirt.

When she was being friendly with people, they called her an attention seeker.

When she was quiet, they call her arrogant. 

Whatever she did, they were all bad in people's eyes. 

So she chose the quiet character as it hurts her the least. She didn't have to think about what people want from her and just minding her own business. Having a really small circle of friends with Hitomi and Nako is already enough for her. 

Entering this Enozi High School, she predicts the same things happen so she's already prepared for it. But she is just a weak young girl who has her limit, hearing students badmouthing her and talks behind her back actually made her burst crying in her bed when she was home. She might look like she's not giving a damn about them, but little did they know it's like a storm trying to destroy her inside. 

I just need to survive for the sake of mom and dad and the promise I made with Hitomi and Nako. 

I looks like a miserable child, right? Yes, I am. But I don't care. I just need to stay quiet to survive. 

Her eyes are teary. 

Even it really hurts, I just need to survive. It's okay, Chaewon. It will heal. Just sleep.

.
.
.
.

Ah , let's wash first.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Writer note]
Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry for taking a long time to post. 
Did you watch their performance for Uni_Kon ? Their outfits are really amazing! When I watch them in those uniforms, I remember this story and got some new ideas for the next chapters Ahaaa~ They look really beautiful! I waited for the OMYIZ photo but they posted with different one . Omoo~ I was excited to make it as the story cover so we can assume those are their school uniform in this story. But i just got this picture only huuu~


If you guys enjoy this story, can you help me to upvote? I really appreciate it ehee~ Stay tuned for more updates since my thesis is done ahaa~