Special Chapter: Drama

Our Wish

"Hey!" 

Yuri looks up from her phone. Her eyes didn't blink as the older approaching her.

No doubt, she looks gorgeous with a white short-sleeved shirt matched with blue high-waisted ripped jeans, showing off her tiny ant-waist. Simple yet stunning.

While Yuri herself, only wearing her most comfortable clothes without thinking much, a loose black sweatshirt matched with blue jeans, not knowing it's already enough to impress the older.

She looks cute.

She looks cute

"This is the first time I saw you without school uniform, unnie." Yuri greets her back with a smile.

Hyewon tilts her head.

"Actually, it's your second time." She takes the seat beside the younger.

"Really? When was the first one?" Yuri's eyes widened.

"At Time Square Mall, remember?" Hyewon stares. She knows she won't get the answer she wants.

"Oh, right! The day you guys hang out together and we met coincidentally." Yuri remembers.

"Yeah. While you with your classmates." Hyewon beams her smile.

 

With exactly the same clothes you wear right now. And your cute bun hair. 

 

"Sorry, unnie. I barely remember what you wear that time. But of course, you always look beautiful." 

 

Of course, you won't remember me. Your eyes are only on Yena. 

 

Yuri notices the older didn't reply to her.

 

Is she upset?

 

It took Yuri like 10 seconds of thinking before she grabs the older's left hand, gaining the attention she wants.

"Yes?" asked Hyewon with questioned eyes. she doesn't have any intention to pull off her hand from the younger. Her heart is pounding crazily and she's afraid the girl could hear it.

Yuri smiles.

"I'm serious. You always look stunning. You gain all attention from the people passing by." Yuri releases her hand as she points her lips to their surroundings. 

Yes, some people passing by them will take the chance to steal their glances at Hyewon due to her beauty but Hyewon isn't bothered by it.

She grabs Yuri's hand back.

"Then, can you pay attention to me too?"

"Pardon?" Yuri flinch at the question.

Before Hyewon could continue her words, they got interrupted by a ringing phone. Hyewon releases that small hand before bringing herself a few meters away to pick up the call.

[On call]

"Oi! Where the hell are you?! Your mom said you already gone. You ask me to pick you up and you disappear? Is this a prank or what?!"

"Ah, I forgot."

"For real, bro?! You want to die on this peaceful morning? Get your here right now! Or I will leave you."

"Sorry, you can go first. I will go by myself. See you guys there."

"Where are you, stupid?"

Hyewon steals a glance at Yuri who has been eyeing her with a questioned look.

"At the bus stop."

"Why are you there? With who?!"

"See you there, bye."

"What the-"

[End of call]

Hyewon hangs up and put her phone on airplane mode before walking back to the younger with her poker face.

"Yena unnie?"

She nods to the question.

"Why?" Yuri is curious. 

"Just asking where the hell I am. She is at my house right now to pick me up." Hyewon rubs the back of her neck as she stares blankly to her front.

"Then you should just wait for her at your house. Why did you come here?"  The younger questioned.

Hyewon feels amused. "What do you think?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Yes?"

"The reason I came here." To be exact, she ran there after knowing the girl was waiting for the bus from the group chat. 

"I- I'm not sure." Yuri's hands are fidgeting. 

"Really? Want me to tell you the reason?" Their eyes are locked for a few seconds before Yuri looks away from the soft gaze.

"You came because.. of.. me?" Yuri mutters slowly.

Hyewon smiles.

"So you know.."

Both of them let the silence fills them up for a moment. 

"About the thing you said before the call-" Yuri put up her courage to speak but got cut right away.

"I'm serious."

Yuri's jaw dropped as they meet their eyes again.

"So please keep your eyes on me too." Hyewon smiles. She pulls the younger to get up from the bench.

"Our bus is already here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"UNNIE! THAT'S MY MEAT! MY MEAT!"

"There's no name on it." Yena just ignores Yujin and proceeds to chew the meat deliciously.

"Woah! You are no joke!" Yujin unleashes her anger with a yell.  Her voice is so loud that the others are looking at them already.

Yena chuckles. "Okay okay. I will give you mine." She transfers two pieces of meat from her bowl to Yujin's.

"Excuse me. I grill both of them too so they are mine but you stole them!" Yujin argues back with her chopsticks pointing towards the meats.

"I didn't steal! I was saving them from getting burned because you can't keep your eyes off your phone and smiling like an idiot instead of paying attention to those precious meats!" Yena's lips pouting exactly like a duck as she speaks.

"Captain! They are fighting again!" Lucas calls out from the table beside them and receives death glares from both girls.

"Shut up, busybody!" Yena's eyes narrowed.

"Mind your own business." Yujin shows her fist.

Lucas sticks his tongue out. "Nope. I don't want."

"Why? You like one of us?" Yena sneered. Her spontaneous words cause a great laugh among the other students who are enjoying the scene while eating.

"What the hell? Of course not!" Lucas strongly denies.

"Then why you keep on bothering us? Must have something hidden. Eyy~ Tell us the truth." Yena waves her chopsticks with her eyebrows waggled.

"Make sense. Hey, Lucas. What a nice move~" One of the music club members teases and the others laugh along with him.

Lucas's face turns as red as tomato as he receive a lot of tease. He quickly put up his middle finger towards that boy as a protest.

"Hell! No! I rather die! They are not my type." He rolls his eyes towards the girls and continue munching his food angrily.

Yena and Yujin show exactly the same expression, 'I don't give a ' written on their face.

"You are not our type either." Yujin's turn to stick her tongue out back to him. Yena laughs while celebrating their win.

A few seconds later, Chaeyeon comes back to their table with two bowls of rice that she requested from Jaeyoung.

Oh! If you guys are curious why are they eating together at the BBQ restaurant, it's because their team grab the first place overall at the camp as expected and received money prize.  Thus, all members agreed on having beef party at Jaeyong's family restaurant to celebrate it. I'm telling you, it's not just a common beef restaurant. Just by looking at the interior design of the restaurant, you can see how prestigious it is and their promise for the customers? Of course providing the best quality of food and services. This restaurant often comes out on tv and was famous among rich peoples, yeah, like most of the students here. Today is a special day as Jaeyong booked it only for their team to have fun without worrying about disturbing other customers.

"Where is Chaewon?" asked Chaeyeon towards Yena.

"She just told in the group she can't be here. Her friends are coming from Japan." 

Chaeyeon nods at the answer.

"Unnie! She stole my meats!" Yujin complains like a child while pulling Chaeyeon sleeves.

"You didn't even bother to eat, busy chatting with Wonyoung, whipped!" Yena rolls her eyes.

"I'm helping her with math homework, for your information, bro." Yujin shows her phone for the proof.

Chaeyeon and Yena give her a judging look.

"You didn't even pass your previous math test, Yujin." Chaeyeon laughs.

"Shh! Don't tell her about it! I need to impress her." Yujin pleaded.

"How did you solve the math?" asked Yena as she munches her food.

"By asking Minju unnie." Yujin grins.

"In other words, you are using her." Chaeyeon raises her eyebrow.

Yujin denies. "It's a win-win for us." She put her thumb up.

"Means?"

Yena and Chaeyeon lean forward as Yujin gestures to come closer.

"Because I give her Chaewon's unnie number." Yujin speaks in a lower voice just for her unnies to hear.

Chaeyeon chuckles. "What a good deal you guys had there."

Yena leans back. "She obviously likes Chaewon." She takes a sip of water as she speaks.

"Eyy~ You are obvious too, unnie." Yujin teases.

"What?" Yena seems can't get the hint.

"Speaking of it, Yuri and Hyewon are not coming yet." Chaeyeon checks her phone. She expects to see message notification from Hyewon or Yuri but she receives from her sweetheart instead. Her lips automatically curved up.

"That brat! She dumps my call like a stranger and her phone is turned off after that." Yena balled her fists.

"Isn't she supposed to come here with you, unnie? She asks you for a ride this morning right?" asked Yujin.

"I went to her house but she's not there. You know what she told me? She was at the bus stop." 

"Bus stop? Unnie took the bus?" Yujin cocked her head. "That's weird."

"I know right. Not just weird, it's odd!"

"That's the same thing, unnie." Yujin facepalms before continue eating.

"Didn't Yuri told in the group she will take the bus here?" Chaeyeon lifts her head from her phone.

"Oh? That's right!" Yujin snaps her finger.

"Maybe they are heading here together? You said just now Hyewon was at the bus stop, right?" Chaeyeon shrugged before putting down her phone on the table, carefully studying Yena's expression.

Yena denies with her shaking head But her heart is telling otherwise.

"Oh! They really come together!" Yujin stands up, waving towards Yuri and Hyewon who are just entering the restaurant.

The color drained from Yena's face when she laid her eyes on the girls.

 

Chaeyeon was right.

 

The other members of their clubs greet the girls as they approaching the table.

"You guys are late." Yujin pops out her head beside Chaeyeon, looking at the girls taking their seats.

"Yeah, sorry. The traffic is no joke. And the bus driver acted like he's on vacation, driving so slow like a tortoise." Hyewon shows her annoyed face while sitting beside Yena. The duck doesn't say anything. She just ignores them and starts grilling the raw meats by herself.

"She's sulking. Your fault." Chaeyeon points out when Hyewon asking via gestures. She offers utensils to Yuri beside her. The girl's cheek seems reddened.

"You okay, Yuri?" asked Chaeyeon.

"Yes, I am." Yuri quickly smiles while taking the offer. She steals a few glances at Yena

 

Her style never disappoints me. She looks really cool in that black crop top matching with dull blue jeans. We wear the same color right now! I'm so happy! But she didn't smile a bit right now. Sulking?


"That sulking face doesn't suit you at all. Quit it." Hyewon nudges her buddy.

"So what? No one care. And I don't care." Yena responds coldly.

Chaeyeon and Yujin burst into a laugh.

"Eww, that's so gross. Quit it fast before we throw up, unnie." 

"Oh, please. That's not Yena we know. Come on~" Chaeyeon helps her grilling the meats.

"Now I can't even sulk? Woah. I feel like a robot." Yena protests.

"Nope, you are still our duck." said Hyewon with already full of food. She's grateful to herself for starving since this morning and now it's all paid off.

"At least, this duck would never hang up call suddenly without proper reason." Here come the diss.

Hyewon just shrugs it off.

"Is there something between you guys? Hyewon unnie would never let herself taking the bus before. " Yujin sends both Yuri and Hyewon a teasing look and at the same time, curious af.

"Why? I can't accompany a friend?" Hyewon asked sarcastically.

"Ah.. just a friend.." Yujin taps her chin in thought.

Yena smirks.

 

A 'Friend' huh?

 

Yuri's staring down the table. A flush crept up her face when Yujin spoke like that. What happened at the bus stop came haunting back her mind. Little did she know, her crush is staring at her like there's no tomorrow.

 

Something really happened between them. I know..

 

"Alright! Let's dig up! No more talks!" Chaeyeon breaks the silence.

[After dinner]

"Let me send you home, Yuri." Yena turns around facing the younger when they walk out of the restaurant. Everyone is saying goodbye to each other after the chaotic dinner but not gonna lie, everyone enjoys the night so much. Hard works at the camp really paid off!

"Eh?" Yuri is dumbfounded. She doesn't expect this. Not ever once.

"It's okay. I will send her home." Hyewon interrupts from behind.

"It's getting late, bro. It's not safe taking the bus this late." Yena is still trying her best. She will and won't let go this chance.

"It's still 8 p.m plus I will definitely send her to the front of her house. Safely." On Hyewon's side, She doesn't want to lose either.

"I don't trust you." Yena sticks her tongue out. When she's about to grab Yuri's hand, Hyewon already did it before her.

"I don't trust you more. And it seems like you don't have any extra helmet there." Hyewon sends her gestures towards Yena's bike parked nearer to where they are standing right now. She's right. Only one helmet can be seen there.

 

.. I forgot to bring extra.

 

Yena is hating herself right now.

"It's okay, I can go home by myself." Yuri timidly speaks between them.

"No. It's dangerous. I will go with you." Hyewon still firms with her decision and it won't change. She hold the hand tightly, doesn't want to let it go and Yena feels like wants to punch the wall when her eyes laid on those hands.

Yuri pulls her hand from Hyewon and she did it with her pleading eyes. The older release it for the sake of it.

"It's okay, unnie. Our house is quite far from each other and I don't want to burden you. Your house is near to Yena unnie and Yujin, right? So better you go with them." Yuri speaks out the strong fact that no one gonna denies including Hyewon.

 

Plus.. I don't feel I can be comfortable with her tonight after what happened between us earlier. It felt so awkward. I need time to process everything in my mind. But tbh, it's quite frustrating to know Yena unnie didn't bring an extra helmet. Or else... It might be the best night for me...

 

"You heard that, bro?" Yena raises her eyebrow.

Hyewon sighs. She can't force her more. She won't be happy about it. "Then I will wait for the bus with you and make sure you go in safely."

"But.."

"At least, please let me do that." The older mutters in a lower sweet voice.

Yuri gives up at last. "Sure."

"I will join you guys too. Until Yuri is safely fetched."  Yena quickly offers herself.

 

I'm not gonna let you guys be alone together.

 

"Bro.."

"What? I can't accompany my friend?" Yena turns the table.

Hyewon rolls her eyes and starts to leave as the two follow her behind.

 

On the other side...

 

"Unnie.. what kind of drama we were watching?"

"I don't know but it's gonna be more intense day by day.. We are in big trouble soon." Chaeyeon folds her arms as she observes their friends in front of them.

"Yeah, I can feel that too. Hyewon unnie likes Yuri unnie, Yuri and Yena unnie likes each other. That's tragic for Hyewon. I don't want her to be broken again." Yujin sighs heavily.

"Want to know what's more tragic?" Chaeyeon sends a worried gaze to the maknae.

"Whut?"

"I'm pretty sure Chaewon likes Yena too."

Yujin's eyes widened as her jaws dropped to the ground.

"WHAT?!!"

---------------------------------------------------

[Writer's note]

To celebrate Izone member's ig, here is special chapter (I can say intense one) for you. Enjoy~