Chapter 20: Precious

Our Wish

Song recommended: Best Friend - Jason Chen

Note: Profanity is included in this chapter.

 

[Flashback]

 

"It won't change the fact that-"

 

"You can't be mine."

 

Yena's hands dropped from cupping Chaewon's face and she sit confused and dazed in front of the younger. Can't believe what she heard.

 

"What?"

 

Chaewon turns her head away from the older.

"Satisfied now?" She tries to sound calm even though everything is already scattered inside. She bites her lips so hard to resist the overwhelming emotion arousing her and the sobbing that couldn't stop but it's a bit calmer than before.

"Now, you know everything. You can leave." With the blurry eyes and because she turned her head away, she could not see what's the older doing right now but she know the older is moving based on the clothes ruffle sound she heard. Chaewon still restrains herself from looking when Yena takes back the jacket on her shoulder. She gets the hint.

 

It's the end.

 

Chaewon hides her face behind her buckled-up knees when she knows she couldn't handle the feelings anymore. The thing she fears the most is happening and she never prepares for it. She can accept rejection, it's already been on her mind since the beginning. What she fears the most is the end of their friendship. It's too late, she can't do anything. It's already destroyed the moment the words slipped from .

 

"The people are looking."

 

Chaewon lifts her face up when she heard the voice and stare at the older standing straight in front of her. She thought the girl would've left but not yet. The older is not replying to the gaze and Chaewon knows she did it purposely.

"I will take you home." Yena offers her hand as she continues, still not giving her a look and that breaks Chaewon apart.

"I will call my driver." Chaewon counters in the same cold way and ignores the hand. She takes out her phone to call her driver but unfortunately, she's not on the lucky side. The screen is not showing anything when she tries to unlock the phone.

Screw me. The battery is dead.

Chaewon bites her lower lips. She sighs as she brings her phone to her side, avoiding herself looking towards the older's way. It's too late to cover up because Yena witnesses everything.

 

"It's decided then."

 

 

Her eyes are on the road, but her mind is not. How can she focus after what happened? Plus, she feels like she's giving a ride to no one at the moment. The journey is filled with silence and the person behind her is giving her best not to get into any physical contact with her. Cold and awkward. That's what it is, the way she could describe their situation right now. It's killing inside Yena. Frankly, it's not boldly because of the confession, it's because her stupid self cannot react well with it. She gets that the girl behind her is deeply affected by the way she reacts to the confession, but she could not control herself when she received it.

How come I never realize this? Calling myself an expert but can't even notice the closest one to me.

Unconsciously, Yena let out a heavy sigh behind the dark visor she had on. They are already in the midst of their ride to Chaewon's house and yet, Yena doesn't know the exact location. She wants to ask the girl but her tongue won't cooperate. It feels like it is seized up. At least for now, she knows the neighborhood so maybe the courage will come when they reach the place, she hopes.

They reach the junction where Yena just needs to make the left turn to enter the road that would bring them into the luxury neighborhood and when she's about to do so, the sky starts to cry badly that startling both of them.

"Crap." Yena mutters in frustration and quickly makes the right turn instead. She just speeds her scooter without any other thinking and they ended up in front of her house.

 

Yena parks her scooter inside the garage and gets down from it before helping Chaewon as usual. She looks so calm on the outside but inside, she just feels the urge to smack her head against the wall for making things more difficult. Just when she wants to steal a glance at the younger, the girl already doing it. Yena awkwardly smiles because that's the only solution that appears on her mind.

"Never know it would rain that heavy." She comments while rubbing her nape. She sees the lips in front of her are mouthing something but the trembling caught her attention more. The younger is wet and cold.

"Let's go inside first, okay?" Yena abruptly opens the main door and rushes inside with that wet body. She then comes back with two white towels, one for her and the other one, she wraps it around the girl.

"Come in. I already turn on the heater." Yena invites the girl in and steps away to grab some clothes for them but stops in the middle when she notices the girl is not moving an inch.

"You are not coming in?"

Chaewon looks up and hesitates to reply. She is oblivious to the girl's worried expression afterward.

"I don't want you to get sick."

That soft and convincing tone in Yena's voice changes her mind. She slowly steps in and takes her shoes off. Still, no word came off from her trembling mouth.

Yena stalls for a while with a thin smile plastered on her face. After making sure the girl is in, she steps up the stairs to the bedroom and hurriedly walks to the bedside table after her phone calls to mind. Her brows crease when she pins her gaze on the device.

"You are really dumb, Yena." She facepalms.

 

Chaewon takes some time to dry herself and at the same time, her eyes register her surrounding. The older just plucked the wall lights thus only the low light shimmers, limiting her vision. Chaewon lowkey likes it as a plus point for the cozy feelings it brought out. Quite surprised to know such a tidy and clean house belongs to someone like... Yena? She expected something like.. clothes strewn all over the floor or piled up trash or maybe unwashed dishes in the sink. Chaewon throws her sight to the other side of the living room and she smirks a bit.

Well, at least that gaming corner match.

 

"Hey."

 

Chaewon ends her thought to take a look at the picture frames on the wall shelf and turns around instead, facing the voice. Yena shows her phone in her hand as she continues speaking with her serious face.

"I put it on charge but..." She lets out a heavy sigh. "I didn't switch on the plug."

The younger snorts and that startled Yena for a few seconds.

"Yeah, yeah. I know what's on your mind. I will let you laugh at this." Yena shrugs and then pouts.

Chaewon covers , holding her laugh inside. She gestures around the living room and mutters,

"I almost felt it was not you living in this such a well-organized place like.. how weird knowing you could be a perfectionist but now... You show me you are what I know you." She ends her words with a small chuckle.

Yena's turn to snorts.

"Nah. It's just a coincidence. Today is the cleaning day of this house. My maid came this afternoon." She explains. Her heart feels at ease seeing the smile on the girl again. Very good progress to be maintained. On second thought, being dumb can be useful sometimes.

 

Eh?

 

"Wait! So you want to say I'm someone that will make a mess?!" She gets the hidden point later on.

Chaewon confidently nods and walks away towards the big windows which were covered by the big curtains. She draws back the curtain a bit to see check the rain outside. It still doesn't give a sign to stop sooner.

"I will wait for a while. Mind to borrow me your charger?" She turns back around.

"Sure. It's inside my room." Yena looks up at the digital clock on the wall and down back to the younger. "Hey, It's already past midnight. You should just sleep here." Yena suggests. Nothing comes to her mind until she notices a restless expression on the younger.

 

Ah.

 

"No! I mean.." She clears . "It's normal for friends to have a sleepover-"

 

Why did I bring this up-

 

Yena slaps herself on the cheek and could not think of any more words to cover up and ended up showing her defeated look to the girl.

"I don't think.. it's a good idea.." The younger mutters in a low tone while looking down the floor. Both of them share the same thought. Why would Chaewon agree with the idea after what happened?

"Yeah. You are right. Let's charge your phone and call your driver and-" Something inside stops Yena from finishing her words. Her tongue disagrees to obey her mind but her heart. The pause got Chaewon to look up and their eyes meet each other. Both try to read each other instead of trying to understand what they want. They didn't know the feelings are reciprocal.

After a few seconds of staring competition, Yena is the brave one to voice it out.

 

"Is it a bad idea if I want us to stay together tonight?"

 

*** *** ***

She stoned herself in front of the bathroom mirror, fingers slowly smoothing down the oversized t-shirt she put on. It was matched with a tracksuit and all belongs to the house owner. She pulls up and sniffs the collar.

She got a kinda soothing scent.

Staring at herself in the mirror, She cannot decide how to react to everything especially after the recent statement received from the older. Not gonna lie, she had the same thought but she could just hide it deep inside her and wait to be sent home right after the rain stop but... It turns out this way. Chaewon wonders why suddenly the older changes her mind at the end.

 

'I promise I will do whatever to make it changes as you wish.'

 

Chaewon sighs.

 

You must be wishing now that you never spoke of it before, unnie.

 

She turns around and her eyes wanders around the bathroom. It is as big as hers but with different design. Not going to waste more time in that wet and cold room, she escapes herself from it and greets her eyes with another shocking moment. A slim body figure with just a sports bar on top backfacing her and luckily it still has a pant down there. Chaewon gulps hard before turning her back with eyes covered.

"S-sorry."

Yena quickly hides behind the closet door with her flustered face.

"Y-you are f-fast." Such a gibberish remark when she can clearly tell how long she stood in front of the closet, staring at the clothes with her messy mind just now. She's so sure she wasted more than half an hour having a deep thinking that is not going anywhere. As they both struggle to fit in the awkwardness, Yena managed to dress herself up in the meantime. Then, she lets out a fake cough to clear the awkwardness.

"I already put your phone on charge."

"Thanks."

Another few seconds of awkward silence pass before Yena starts to walk toward the door and Chaewon sends a frowned look towards her.

"Where are you going?"

Yena takes some time to turn back around.

"Sleeping at the sofa." She gestures to the door.

"That bed is already more than enough for us two." Chaewon points at the queen-sized bed.

"I thought you might not comfortable with that idea."

"Yes." Chaewon looks away and when she's ready again, she shifts back her eyes to the older. "But sleeping in the living room doesn't fulfill what you wanted, right?"

 

Just like that, both are now on the bed, giving their back to each other. They should sleep already, but their mind is not ready yet. A lot of things lingering around yet both of them are hesitant to voice any of it. However, they find comfort in each other company, other than the sound of rain outside.

Everything happened tonight, it was beyond Yena's comprehension or whatever it's called. She doesn't know what possessed her to turn the right road when she can just proceed to the left turning and find somewhere as their temporary shelter and what got into her to say she want them to stay together tonight when they can simply wait the phone to charge and call the driver to fetch the younger and on top of them, she should just responded clearly to the confession and none of the previous incidents will happen. Yes, it's all because of the confession. Confession from the girl lying beside her right now.

 

"Hey."

 

No response.

 

"Are you sleeping already?"

Maybe she is. Yena is about to give up the conversation when Chaewon replies half a minute later.

 

"Almost." A lie.

 

Yena's eyes are opened widely after receiving the response.

 

"Why?" The thin and half-whispered voice added when the older didn't talk back.

 

"About the confession.."

 

Chaewon's heart skips a beat when it got mentioned.

 

"I'm sorry..." The husky voice continues.

 

"It's okay."

 

"... I don't react well to it." Yena finishes her words.

 

"We both know your answer already. No need to feel sorry." Chaewon talks back.

 

Yena wears a guilty expression and shifts her body, facing the back of the younger. Chaewon heard the ruffling sound but she doesn't have the gut to do the same. She is much comfortable talking with her current position.

 

"I'm sorry. If I know back then, I won't-"

 

"I am the one that should be sorry. I'm sorry for making things hard for you, unnie." Chaewon cuts off. "I will accept the consequences of my action."

 

"Chae..."

 

"Just one thing... Why didn't you confess to her, unnie? It would be so much easier for me if you did."

 

"I-" Yena could not explain it.

 

I tried to but it was too late.

 

"I'm sorry.." She could only pull those words out instead of what's in her mind.

 

I wonder if I should tell you what happened.

 

"I was preparing myself to accept everything and move on because I thought you did it." Said Chaewon.

 

"Things went complicated." The older said in a low tone, more like whispering. Chaewon couldn't hear it properly thus she assumes the older don't want to talk more about it.

 

"I'm sorry for everything."

 

"You did nothing wrong, Chae." Yena holds her shoulder and makes Chaewon turns her body around, facing the older. Yena is glad their eyes finally meet. She smiles at the girl.

"You must be disappointed." Said Chaewon.

 

"Why would I? Falling in love is not a sin, Chae. No one can control it. Just that..."

 

Chaewon patiently waiting for the next words from the older.

 

"Cupid could run out of its arrow so only one person got shot instead of two.."

 

The smile potrayed just now drained off Yena's face after she say those and her eyes looks down from the younger. While Chaewon feels like these words are totally for her but in fact, Yena actually referred to herself. Chaewon moves the older's hands away from her shoulder and turns her body, facing the ceiling. Yena did the same. They let the silence fills in as they're immersed in their sorrowful feelings.

 

"Thank you."

 

Both girls turn their faces to each other with a gasp as their voices were in unison just now.

Yena feels amused by it. "What is it?"

"Why are you thanking me?" Chaewon asked.

"For liking me?" Yena raises her eyebrow at the girl before facing back at the ceiling.

"Are you teasing me?" While Chaewon is not bothered anymore to look at the older as before. She's feeling down inside because of the previous remark.

"Not at all. I'm being sincere here. It's surprising to know I'm the person you like." Yena points at herself.

"I wonder why too."

"Hey!"

Chaewon lets out a soft chuckle after successfully annoying the older.

Rather than sulking, Yena feels at ease seeing the girl's smile back. She turns her head and stares at the girl that leads to blushing on Chaewon's cheeks when she realizes the gaze from the corner.

"So, why are you thanking me just now?" Yena questions back.

Chaewon takes some time to digest the question in her mind.

"I want to thank you for.. staying, after knowing the truth."

Yena moves her hand to pat the younger's head, and it goes down naturally to cup the fluffy cheeks and makes the head face her. She realizes she got a new hobby, staring into those beautiful brown eyes.

"You are still my precious, Chae. That won't change." Yena mutters softly.

"I'm afraid I can't let my feelings go, unnie." Chaewon carefully replies as she observes the older's reaction.

"I have no right on it. Only the owner of the heart can decide on their own feelings." There's an upset in Yena's voice she's not trying to hide. "It's on you, Chae."

"But you.."

"Yeah, just like you, I can decide on my feelings too." Yena instantly cut off. The sore hitting up her body told her she can't go on with the conversation even though she still wants more. She stretches both arms upward and yawns.

"We should sleep now." That's a hint from her to end the talk.

Chaewon surrenders too. This day drained her so much physically and mentally. What stops her is the coldness that kills her comfort right now. As if her mind got read, the older pulls up the blanket and covers both of them, and flashes a smile that totally can melt Chaewon in no time but she still hangs on there.

"I don't know if your body really can't stand cold or the heater broke down. I can see your lips trembling, even in this shimmering light."

Chaewon responds with a shrug. "Maybe both." She smiles back. "You are quite detailed. I'm impressed." She added, referring to how the older is aware of her state right now.

Yena chuckles as she turns her whole body facing her companion. "Not in most situations." There are some meanings in those words. Good and bad.

Chaewon snorts. Her body too wants the same sleeping position, facing the older and she did. Just for this lucky night, she wants to see only the girl in front of her before she closes her eyes. Who knows it could be her lucky charm to have a sweet dream tonight, even though she realizes the reality of getting rejected a moment ago. We could reach anything we want in a dream, right?

"Goodnight, unnie. Thank you for today, and this." Chaewon shows the necklace on her neck before hiding it back behind her cloth.

"I think I did no good today. And that, it's not a good gift at all. I promise I will do better next time." Yena means her words as she points at the necklace. This day supposed to be ended in a good and happy way, not like this.

"It's okay." Having a second thought on what happened, good thing is still there. Chaewon could feel her burden lessen, plus the way Yena react to her confession, Chaewon was so grateful the worst didn't happen. They are still friends. Yeah, it's a pain but still, it's a bless.

"Can I hug you, Chae?" Yena slips her words and she turns to panic when she realizes it. "S-sorry. I mean, you.. cold.. you look so cold so I wonder if.." her hands gestures around showing that she's working hard to cover up even though they are meaningless eventually. Her mind keep cursing to herself for keep making foolish mistakes today just to get countered back by her inner voice, blaming her back for staring hard at the girl and... serve her right.

Not gonna lie, it's already the third time for Chaewon to think that this unnie is weird tonight. Her requests were all unexpected and.. not so Yena. Her mind wondering if this girl is doing it because she really wants to or they were just because of sympathy. Chaewon doesn't need that.

"I'm doing fine with this blanket." Chaewon rejects. Yeah, she doesn't want the hug. Really doesn't need it. Oh dear, She lied again.

"Okay then." Yena smoothly slides her hand under Chaewon's neck and brings the girl closer to her body. She lets out a relieved sigh when she successfully finds her comfort.

"I'm sure I said I'm fine just now." Chaewon mumbles in Yena's collar neck. Her hands are both hanging awkwardly between her chest. However, the warmth executed from the skinship melts inside her.

"I want to ensure you don't get cold." Yena replies. She loosen up the hug a bit to ensure the younger could catch her breath too.

Chaewon lets out a small snort.

 

"You could just admit you want it, unnie."

 

"Let's admit we both want it."

 

Chaewon turns speechless because the counter really hits her. Her ears turn red and she prays the older just let it off. Indeed, Yena goes easy on it but not for the sudden tiny sniff she heard.

 

"Are you crying?"

 

"No."

 

"I'm glad."

 

"Why?"

 

"Well.. I don't want to see that ugly crying face again."

 

"You really..."

 

"Good night, precious." Yena quickly cut off and ends it with a chuckle.

 

*** *** ***

"Why are you screaming, Yujin?!" Hyewon dashes into the room and the other follow behind. Their eyes wander around the big room and fall on a strange figure standing in front of the bed.

"Hi!" The hoarse voice greets with a warm smile on the face.

Their jaws drop, following the same reaction as Yujin when she comes into the room.

"Wow.." Sakura blurts out while Yuri loses her words as her eyes grew bigger.

"It has been 1 year since we met! Right, oppa?" Yujin is still with her loud voice, can't contain her excitement. She rushes to the guy, offers her head to be pat, just like how he used to whenever they met before.

"The time flies so fast. You guys grow so well. Everyone looks different." Sungmin comments while ruffling Yujin's hair. At the same time, his eyes capture the two other girls. Sakura is aware of the gaze and she bows quickly while Yuri follows after her.

"Oh! You are Sakura, right?" Sungmin excitedly offers his hand to the girl and Sakura turns dumbfounded upon it and her eyes quickly glancing over Chaeyeon. Sungmin senses something is up so he wants to explain but Yujin chimes in first.

 

"Oppa is the model of MK brand if I'm not mistaken, right?"

 

Sungmin nods and giggles. He's amused to see Chaeyeon's narrowing eyes towards his hand.

 

Ah~ Another interesting info~

 

"Yeah. I know Sakura because we met once. Did you remember? The dinner?" He tries to remind the Japanese girl.

Sakura gasps hard when she recalls back the memory. Sungmin is right. They really met but only for a few minutes. Sakura just bowed to him that time when her father introduced her to him and his group members and then she just walked away, leaving the dining place because she hates being there. She just wanted to stay in her room and play the game at that moment.

"Yeah. I remember." Sakura bows again. apologizing about her forgetful manner. Now, the thing that wandering in her mind is the motive of this guy appearing in the room. Sakura is sure the pair of shoes she saw moments ago did not belong to him at all.

"I didn't know you were a friend of my sister.."

 

Oh?

 

That statement makes Sakura's question and even Yuri's solved. "And Chaeyeon's lover?" He added with a mischievous smile sent towards Chaeyeon.

"Oppa!" Chaeyeon yells out of embarrassment while Sakura couldn't even blink towards the shocking question. She's speechless.

"Woah! You are quick-witted, oppa. As expected of our celebrity!" Yujin applauses and receives a glare from Chaeyeon after that but she ignores it and stick her tongue instead.

"I can even guess with just a glance, you know." Sungmin winks at Yujin and Hyewon laughs along with the conversation. He then shifts his gaze towards the short girl standing not-so behind Sakura and when their eyes meet, he shows his friendly smile and Yuri couldn't hide her flustered expression.

 

"And you must be Yena's.."

 

"Friend."

 

All of them turn towards the voice coming from under the blanket on the bed.

"A friend. Too." Yena lazily replies while fixing up her bed hair. She has been hiding under that thick blanket for ing 10 minutes and no ask for her existence. In her own house. She's annoyed by that fact.

Sungmin raises his eyebrows and a little smirk plastered on his face that obviously noticed by Yena but she ignores it completely because she knows the reason behind it.

"Unnie! There you are! We thought you are ing dead already!" Yujin hops into the bed shake Yena's body aggressively.

"Where the hell have you been?! You never answer our call the whole yesterday!" Chaeyeon joins the scolding session but Yena is still with her poker face.

"Sorry, my phone was dead." A lame excuse is given. She hates to elaborate more.

"And the other phone too?" Hyewon chimes in. Her question gets the others sending a questioning look at her including Yena.

"That." Hyewon raises her eyebrow while pointing at the other phone beside Yena's.

"Oh." Yena could only slip out that word.

 

Crap-ing--

 

She definitely wants to curse but it's not a good reaction to show right now. She needs to play it cool.

"That belongs to your other friend right?" Sungmin interrupts at the right moment. He knows he need to step in.

Sakura observes the mentioned phone and tries to match the puzzles in her mind. With her thinking skill, it's too easy for her to solve them.

 

Chaewon is here.

 

"A girl with short hair. Oh, she's using the bathroom just now." Sungmin added as he walks to the bathroom door and knocks it slowly and a few seconds after that, the door is unlocked and the described figure just now appears behind it.

"Hey?" Chaewon awkwardly greets and their jaws dropped when they laid their eyes on her.

"Oh, crap." Yujin smacks her own forehead.

"So... Mind explaining?" Chaeyeon narrows her eyes towards Yena and the girl just bites her lower lips. Her mind could not think of anything.

"What do you mean by that? Isn't it obvious she came to wake this deadly duck up? I bet you guys have something to do together today?" Sungmin interferes.

The only words that enter Yuri's ear and mind were the waking up part. Her eyes automatically look over Sakura's shoulder and pin on the short hair girl and what makes her frowns is Chaewon obviously avoids her eyes right now. She wonders why.

"Yeah, we do have something to do today but.." Yujin frustratedly scratching her back of the head. She gets down from the bed and sends a look towards Hyewon but the girl only shrugs and passes the same look towards Chaeyeon and Sakura. Only them two could think rationally in a situation like this. Nah, they guess the wrong. The couple has already resigned from it at the moment they know Chaewon was there. Just telling the truth is the best option now.

"We gonna have a birthday party.." Chaeyeon explains and gestures her hand. "for Chaewon."

As much as they expect a shocked expression from the girl, the girl seems passive about it. The reason is, Chaewon already knew their plan, thanks to.. She takes a quick glance at the siblings and both of them show the same disapproval face, quietly shaking their heads towards her when the others is not looking. Sungmin mouths something and Chaewon understands it. She needs to act surprised.

"For me?" She forces her eyes to widely open and half parting lips. It's a bit late to be called as a reaction but as long as it's acceptable for the other, they are in success. Time to breath a fresh air.

"A birthday party? Cool!" Sungmin spreads his arms up. He tries to hypes up the dull atmosphere.

Yena gives him a quizzical look. "Why are you the one getting so excited?"

"I'm available to join in." Sungmin cheekily smiles while ponting at himself.

Yena frowns even more. She can't get what this old hag trying to do. "You are not even invited here!" She strongly argues back.

"It's doesn't sound bad to me. Oppa should spends more time with us. It has been so long since we all get together like this." Hyewon defends and Sungmin instantly put up his pity look, trying to earn some sympathy but it totally doesn't work on Yena. She knows there's more other than that fake expression on his face. He's eager to make her as his subject of teasing in front of the others.

 

He will make today worst! I know it! Look at that mischievous stare already!

 

"I agree! I want to hear more stories from oppa!" Yujin instantly agrees.

"Well, I'm with you two." Chaeyeon supports the idea as well as the other three quiet girls. They feels like they are still not in good term to voice out but they are not opposed to the idea.

"Great! The more the merrier!" Sungmin celebrates his success but Yena won't let him off.

"The merrier my ! No way I would allow it to happen!" Yena jumps off the messy bed and harshly pulls the big guy towards the room door.

"Ah come on! I want to be with them a little more longer!"

The protest makes Yena feel more urge to kick him out from the house.

"You just come here for your ing parcels only! Now go get them and get out from my house!" It might sounded so rude to new people but for the one that know them already, these are just part of their common conversation. There's more than these. Even worse.

"You should be thankful that I was here earlier or you.."

"Shut up!" Yena scolds him in a whisper and sends him a warning glare before bringing him out from the room, far from the other. The girls just could watch these two bickering, not gonna drag themselves into Choi siblings' business.

Yena throws all the parcels with variety of size into Sungmin's hands and stomps her feet to the main door.

"Is this how you treat someone that help you escape from big danger?" Sungmin raises his eyebrows with a mocking tone in his voice as he walks behind Yena.

Yena turns around and huffs.

 

"I appreciate the help so much. Thank you." She rolls her eyes and pull the main door open before gesturing towards the older to leave.

 

"Well, at least you should introduce her well to me." Sungmin smirks. He didn't budge from his place yet.

 

"Who?" Yena's eyebrows creased.

 

"Which one you want? The one in the bed or the one you talked before.."

 

"Oh shut up, freak!" Yena cuts off and Sungmin scoffs.

 

"Did you got rejected by her or what? If you are, wow.. what a fast progress of moving on. You even make it advanced into the bed.."

 

Yena doesn't think twice to lift her leg and kick the man's leg with all her might. Sungmin bursts into a big laugh but he frowns and whines in between because of the pain he earned.

 

"Seems like you did got rejected."

 

"Just off already!" Yena pushes him out the house and slams the door loudly. She then heard a few knocks on the door with that remaining annoying laugh from the big brother behind it.

"You owe me a story!" Sungmin yells from outside.

"Whatever, stupid!" Yena shouts back.

"And my money!"

". OFF!" Yena kicks the door full of anger. She stomps her feet away from it when another few knocks on the door and Yena already reaches her limit. She grabs the first shoe she saw at the doorway and harshly opens the door.

"Son of a !" She's about to throw what's in her hand when the girls in front of her flinch simultaneously in shock.

"Calm down, unnie! What happened?!" Wonyoung asks in high pitched voice. Minju, Nako and Hitomi already move away from the path to avoid getting hit by the older.

"Where did that motherer go?" Yena abruptly checks the surroundings to find her target, ignoring the questioning expression from the girls. She fails her mission and gave up in the end, turning her body back to the girls.

"Who's the motherer you mentioned just now?" Wonyoung innocently asks and gains a disapproval look from Minju next to her.

"Not a good word to say, Wonyoung." Minju reminds.

Yena presses her nose bridge as she makes her moves back into the house. She sends small hand gestures towards the younger girls to follow her inside because the others are waiting. She assumes they must be busy asking Chaewon a lot of things, especially why she came to this house.

Oh God, send help to Chaewon so she won't answer wrongly about it or things will become messier than ever.

"Who's the guy coming out from the gate just now, unnie?" Nako asks in the middle of their walking.

"That's the motherer for your information." Yena mutters and she glances at Wonyoung at the back. "Don't repeat after me, kid." Yena sends an amusing smile.

"He looked like someone.. Ah! that popular boy group called Speed! Choi Sungmin!" Hitomi recalls back the person she saw on TV yesterday after she had dinner with her family. She's so sure he looks like that singer from the way he smiled at them when they passed each other.

"Ohh! You are right!" Minju's eyes widened when she recalls the same thing.

"Indeed, it's him." Yena interrupts their discussion and all jaws dropped at her calm answer.

"Are you kidding, unnie? A popular celebrity comes to your house?! What's he doing here at the first place?!" Minju exclaims, can't believe what she heard.

 

To mess with my already ing messy day.

 

Yena rolls her eyes at the thought.

*** *** ***
[Writer's Note]

Hello guys! Thank you for the wait. I'm so sorry this time I took much longer to update this story. It was a hectic month to me. Adulthood so much.

If there's error or anything, you can dm me to correct them ya.