Chapter 09

Let Me Love You | XiaoDery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At this moment, while waiting for his parents, Hendery was standing at the doorway and his mind appeared to be elsewhere. He's just staring at his broken bicycle outside blankly that Xiaojun and he used to ride when they were young, which is why Lucas wants to hit him on the head so he'll wake up.

And he did.

"What the hell?!"

"What are you thinking? Or, who are you thinking?" Lucas teased. He has a strong feeling that maybe, Hendery likes his best friend. It's not actually that hard to guess because eyes can't lie and apart from that, he knew his cousin very well too. Hendery is not that hard to read especially when it comes to his emotions.

"No one."

"I can guess. Is it the pretty boy that lives in that house?" Lucas then pointed the house across the street, which is Xiaojun's house.

"I'm not. Why would I think about him?" Hendery denied, so Lucas hit his shoulder.

"Obviously bro. Because you like him! Stop lying." He giggled then the younger looked away.

He felt so bitter. Everybody in this house seems to know how he feels towards Xiaojun without telling them verbally but, why Xiaojun doesn't have, even the slightest idea about his feelings?

"Does Xiaojun know about it?"

"Of course not. I don't have a plan to tell him, he doesn't like me that way."

"Why not? You're not bad!"

Because he likes you. Hendery thought while staring at his cousin, then he shakes his head.

"I don't know, I think he needs to raise his standards." Hendery chuckles and Lucas nodded, signing that he agrees on his cousin's opinion.

Lucas went closer to him and put his arm around the younger. He can feel how hard it is for Hendery so, he should at least give him some encouragement.

"Maybe, he likes you too. You will never know if you won't try." Lucas said while tapping the younger's shoulder.

Hendery wanted to laugh, but he smiled and shook his head again. Well, Lucas doesn't have an idea about how Xiaojun sees Lucas.

"It doesn't work that way." Hendery said and looked away.

---

Hendery was bothered when he saw his best friend lying on his bed and covered with a blanket. He's at Xiaojun's house now and the latter's mom told him that he's still in his room and seems like he doesn't have a plan to get up. He looks upset too and he doesn't have an idea what's going on to him.

"You okay?" Hendery nudged him.

"Hey." Xiaojun called him. "Do you remember that guitar I told you before?" He asked him and sighed.

Hendery pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded. "Mm."

"I'm too late now, I'm still saving and I went to the shop to check if it's still there and you know what? I couldn't see it anymore. The shop owner told me that someone just bought it. And I think I know who." Xiaojun sighs again then looks at the younger who gulps secretly, thinking the impossible whether Xiaojun might have an idea who bought it or not.

He's not thinking about him, aren't he?

Xiaojun felt disappointed because that guitar is very rare and he loves its texture. He was excited to purchase it, but too bad. Someone already did.

"Who?" Hendery asked unsure.

"It's Mark. I saw it in his ig story." He said and bit his lip. Xiaojun looks very upset and sighs heavily again. "I really want to play that."

The younger ruffled his hair and he pinched the older's cheek that's why he moved his eyes on him. He looks like a puppy, a handsome puppy (at least in Hendery's eyes) and Hendery wants to cuddle him but of course, he stopped himself from doing so.

However, why did Mark put Xiaojun's guitar in his story? What if Xiaojun suspects him and keeps asking?

He despises seeing the older in this state, but he can't say much to him right now. Maybe he'll apologize later after he's given it to him because he didn't mean to upset him in this way.

"Maybe, there's a reason why you can't buy it today." Hendery tried to cheer him up though he didn't exactly know what to say.

"Yeah. Obviously it's because I don't have enough money."

He scoffed. "You're right." Hendery ruffled his hair. "Anyway, are you going down later? Our parents prepared outside for Christmas."

"Yup. How can I not? It's my first Christmas with Lucas. I should go." The older said so Hendery pursed his lips.

"Yeah right. With Lucas." He mumbles and looks somewhere but he returns his eyes on Xiaojun when he felt the other's arm was wrapped around his waist and Xiaojun pulls himself closer to him.

Hendery felt really bad, but he promised it won't last.

"Let's go together later. I just want to sleep."

"You've been sleeping. Don't."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Uhm." Hendery acts like he's thinking hard while caressing the older's hair. "Let's eat your favorite ice cream." He chirped like a kid.

He had never liked this taste before, but he grew to enjoy it thanks to Xiaojun. He's literally enjoying everything Xiaojun enjoys eating so that he can share it with him, and that's the happiest feeling in the world for him.

"Huh?" Xiaojun raised a brow.

"What?"

"Okay, let's do it."

"Stay here. I'll bring it to you. It's in your fridge right?"

Xiaojun watched his best friend getting up to get the ice cream. How odd it is to miss the other's warmth the moment he went out to his room.

Really, he couldn't afford to lose this precious one to him. Never.

There, they spent the whole afternoon in Xiaojun's room, watching netflix and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter