The Timeline

Re:WIND

 

“I found you..”


It was coming from her lips, quietly. Feeling the heat start to form in the back of her eyes. Her body start to shaking as she tightening her grip on that girl. Til, she feel a soft pat on her back. That girl pulling her closer. It feels so desperate somehow.


“Yeah..”


It coming weak from that girl. Whispering quietly next to her ear.


“.. what is actually happening?”


She look up. Hearing that voice coming from another girl on her side. But when her gaze fixed on that particular girl next to her. She notice there’s no emotion there. Even with those gaze completely fixed on that house that get burned by the fire.


‘What I’m doing..’


Jinsoul questioning. Opening her eyes slowly. Her mind recalling the event from yesterday. It was wild for her. Kinda too much, if she had to be honest.


“We found her unconscious next to the river. She looks kinda terrible last night. Lucky, her wife is a doctor. Everything is under control. We get her checked up. So, don’t worry. Nothing’s broken”


Those stranger girl’s faces come into Jinsoul’s mind. Along with those words that coming from one of them, the girl with light purple, almost silver haired. While next to the said girl, there’s another girl with dark brown haired.

If Jinsoul not mistaken, the light purple girl name is Gahyeon. While the other girl, which is the doctor’s wife is Bora. And the doctor that unfortunately wasn’t at home when Jinsoul came to pick Jungeun up, name’s Siyeon. 


“I don’t know what happened. But I hope whoever did that to her, will pay for what they’ve done”


Bora’s voice come across Jinsoul’s mind as she remembered how she was walking next to that small but older girl. Their gaze fully on Jungeun and Gahyeon that jokes around, in front of them. Somehow became closer in such a short amount of times.

Turns out, Jungeun and Gahyeon are in the same age. It kinda explain why they getting along so fast. At least, in Jinsoul and Bora’s opinion. Then..


“Jungeun is lucky. She lost so much blood. But still survived. It’s somehow a miracle if you asked me..”


It was the last thing that left Bora’s lips, before Jinsoul and Jungeun left the house. It was successfully makes Jinsoul turn to Bora tho. Just to found Bora staring at Jungeun, somehow in concern.

But the gaze wasn’t last too long, as they bid their goodbyes to each other. Walked away from the house, since Jinsoul told Bora and Gahyeon that she parked her car a few blocks ahead.

It was a lie. Jinsoul didn’t drive to get to Jungeun. She used her power, and somehow.. she manage to get to where Jungeun is. She have no idea how she did that. She absolutely know that she needs to at least memorize or imagine the place she wants to be before teleport herself there. But, somehow.. she didn’t need to imagine or memorize anything to get to Jungeun's place. Maybe, it was because she had Jungeun’s phone with her? That’s kinda makes sense. Also..

Something surprising happened last night.


‘What is this..’


Jinsoul’s eyes turn dark over those words. Facing her side. She staring at that particular person, Jungeun. Who still sleep peacefully on the side of the bed. Right next to her.


“Did it just heal?”


“.. I.. I don’t know..”


Even with Jinsoul’s hand caressing the side of the face. Jungeun not even looks bothered. Still sleeping peacefully while Jinsoul just stay quiet. Staring at her.


“Jinsol! You can heal! Your power can heal!”


Jinsoul remembered how Jungeun bouncing on her spot, last night. Just after the wound on her arm suddenly healed, only by Jinsoul’s touch. The sight was surprising. And Jinsoul have mixed feeling about it.


‘.. is it okay to be like this?’


Jinsoul questioning. Stare at how that bruise above Jungeun’s eye start to disappear just by how her thumb brushing on it. Stop for a second when she notice Jungeun start to moving in her sleep. Jinsoul found herself holding her breath. It was until she sure enough, Jungeun is still deep in her sleep.

Actually.. What’s wrong with her?

Why she act like this when she deeply wants Jungeun to disappeared? Wait. Does she really wants Jungeun to disappear tho? Or .. does she just want that red circle to disappear? She is confused. And these questions somehow are so hard for Jinsoul to answer.

Especially at this moment.


“Don’t worry. I already took care of everything”


That coming from the other side of the phone as Jinsoul lean on the counter. Placing the phone next to her ear.

A few moments ago, after heal a few exposed wound she can find on Jungeun’s body. Jinsoul decided to leave the bed. Letting Jungeun get some rest there by herself, while she walk to the kitchen. Planning to make some coffee and breakfast, til she suddenly remembered about something. Just after she see the steam above her coffee.

The image of Jungeun’s burned house come into her mind.


“Alright. Thank you, Vivi..”


Jinsoul quietly reply. Ended the call. Stare at the another phone that lay helplessly beside her on the counter. It’s Jungeun’s phone. And just by seeing the phone, those images from yesterday suddenly start to spinning in her head. Especially after she and Jungeun left Gahyeon and Bora’s house. The images of she unknowingly heal Jungeun’s wound just by touching it, come first into her mind.

Jinsoul remembered how she brushing her thumb on Jungeun’s arm. She was just checking the younger. And suddenly Jungeun pointing out at her left eye. Telling her that her blue circle is glowing. It made Jinsoul wonder tho, since she absolutely know she haven’t use her power yet. Then, it was at that time the two of them learned that Jinsoul's power could heal. Just after the wound suddenly closed by itself, right before their eyes.

Does blue circle actually have the ability to heal?

They have no idea. And Jinsoul have no time to think about that as she was about to teleport herself and Jungeun to near the latter house. Jinsoul remembered, how their hands were intertwined when they arrived. Let go of each other, just after these people immediately rushing to Jungeun once they see her.

Hugging her, and start to crying. Jinsoul know one of them is Yerim, but it was the first time Jinsoul see the other girl that soon Jinsoul know the name’s Jiwoo. And to Jinsoul surprise, she feel there’s something unusual about Jiwoo. But even before she can put a finger onto it. Their attention fully on the flickering fire behind them. Eventually realizes how the house that Jinsoul know as Jungeun house is absolutely on fire. The sight makes her feel taken aback, it was a huge fire. And those firefighters really trying hard to put out the fires.

While their gaze are fixed on it. Among all those noises around them, Jinsoul still manage to hear Yerim’s voice. Questioning what’s actually happening that somehow lead them to this. But that time, Jinsoul’s gaze just diverted slowly to Jungeun who standing next to her. Found Jungeun just stare at the house. No emotion. Like it wasn’t her house. Like..

Jungeun doesn’t even care.


“..”


It slipped from Jinsoul’s lips. Running her fingers through her hair, feel irritated.


‘Why I even care?’


Jinsoul questioning. Sighing while staring down at the coffee on her hand. Taking a sip of it just to sigh again. Her mind start to recalling the event after that. The event that somehow makes Jungeun ended up in her bed.


‘.. why I even care..’


Yes. Again. It was her. Jinsoul was the one who offer Jungeun to sleep on her apartment. Even though Jinsoul know, there’s Haseul there, the owner of The Carol. Logically, Haseul must be have some extra room in her coffee shop, enough for Jungeun to stay and sleep for a night.

But Jinsoul still offered her place, telling Jungeun it will be easier that way. Since Jinsoul can heal Jungeun’s wound. And of course by that, Jungeun immediately agree. No ones questioning Jungeun’s decision, nor knowing the real reason behind that. Just a weird gaze coming from Jiwoo. It kinda bother Jinsoul. But she manage to shrugged it off that time. And now.. Jinsoul start to wonder..


“Why she give me that look?”


“.. Who?”


That voice suddenly echoing. Coming from behind Jinsoul that can’t help but startled at her spot before she turn around. Found Jungeun sleepily walking. Entering the kitchen, yawning.


“You surprise me..”


“Really? Sorry”


A soft giggle escape from Jungeun’s lips. Makes Jinsoul just sigh, shaking her head while bringing the coffee to her lips. Sipping on it.


“Wait! I want some!”


Jungeun state, move towards Jinsoul that just can raise one of her eyebrows over that. But later, she feel a pair of lips brush onto hers. It makes her feel taken aback. But she just stay on her spot. Frozen. Even after Jungeun pull herself back, smile widely, left a quick peck on her lips.


“Good morning gorgeous!”


Wait.


“What do you want for breakfast? I’ll cook for you”


What?


“Eyy, you should do grocery shopping soon. Look at your fridge“


What was that?


“Jungeun..”


It slipped out of Jinsoul lips. Somehow in such a weird tone, makes Jungeun immediately furrowed her brows. Turn to Jinsoul that still lean on the counter, holding her coffee.

What is happening..


“What was that for?”


Jinsoul slowly look up. Staring at Jungeun that just staring back at her. Frowned. Absolutely in confused.


“What do you—“


“Why'd you kiss me?”


It coming surprisingly smooth from Jinsoul's lips. Even though she immediately looking down at her coffee. Avoiding Jungeun’s gaze the next second. The memory from the recording room start to playing in her mind. And that unexplainable feeling start to bother her. 

Til that unfiltered laugh snapped Jinsoul out. Pulling her back to reality as she looking up, staring at the back of Jungeun that still laugh while get herself ready to cook breakfast. The sight confused Jinsoul, somehow.

Like..


“What’s funny?”


Jinsoul asked. Curious. But what she get next is a scoffed from Jungeun that just glance at her, before she see Jungeun shake her head. Back facing her again.


“You funny..”


It coming from Jungeun, the next second as Jinsoul can feel how Jungeun smile amusingly while saying that. But still..


“I don’t get it..”


Jinsoul state. Staring right at Jungeun’s back that somehow stopped her motion. Turn to Jinsoul with a raise brow, Jungeun looks so confused for a moment. Until that smirk appeared on her face, cross her arms on her chest. Facing Jinsoul.


“Well, I don’t know what game you playing.. but I just give you something that called, morning kiss”


It coming from Jungeun. Stare directly into Jinsoul’s eyes. But Jinsoul just frowned. Furrowed her brows. Still don’t get it.


“.. why?”


“Jinsol. I’m your girlfriend. Did you forget?”


Jungeun state, rolling her eyes over her own words. While in the other hand, Jinsoul just blinking her eyes. Hard. Til’ it finally hit her. Makes her widened her eyes. Disbelief. Never expect that. Doesn’t even realize how she somehow drops her coffee the next second.


“WHAT?!”


It really caught her, as she staring at Jungeun that just scoffed over her. Turn to face the stove. Again. Jungeun back facing Jinsoul, who doesn’t even realize how her coffee never hit the floor. Instead, it’s on the counter now. Safely landed there. While Jinsoul blinking her eyes for a few times. Still can’t believe what she just heard.


“W-w—wait! What do you mean ‘your girlfriend’?! What?! How?! What happened?! How we—“


“A lot of things happened. Well, I don’t know what kind of prank you doing now. But, you’re acting skill is good, babe. Also, can you please pour me some coffee?”


It coming from Jungeun. Cutting Jinsoul words, stopping her on her track. Jinsoul was about to walk to Jungeun. About to demands Jungeun some explanation. But those words beat her. Somehow telling her that Jungeun is not even joking.

At least from her tone.


‘.. what?’


It bothers Jinsoul. She feel that feeling start to raise inside of her.


‘.. babe?’


It feels irritating. And without Jinsoul even knows, that blue circle start to appear in her left eye. Glowing as she clenched her jaw.

The feeling get the best of her. Everything around them somehow start to shaking. And Jungeun notice that. Stopping her motion for a moment. Before she turn around. Facing somehow the furious Jinsoul.


“Sol?”


Jungeun frowned. Stare directly into Jinsoul’s eyes that somehow staring back at her. Sharply.


“You make me sick!”


Jinsoul state between her gritted teeth. Her blue circle glow brighter. And just by notice that, Jungeun lowered her brows. Stare at Jinsoul.


“I don’t know what is happening, but you need to calm down”


It coming soft but firm from Jungeun, as she take a careful step towards Jinsoul. The red circle start to appear in her left eye. Try to neutralize Jinsoul’s power with hers. But somehow, Jinsoul’s power just getting stronger. It makes Jungeun wonder.

What is actually happening?


"Sol—"


"GET LOST!”


It happened.

Right after Jinsoul's shout. Out of nowhere. There’s strong and heavy wind was released around. Break the coffee cup beside her. Getting thrown around. One of it managed to scratch Jungeun's cheek. But Jungeun stay silent. Stay on her spot. Slowly, raised her hand towards Jinsoul.


“Sol..”


The red circle glow brighter in Jungeun’s left eye. The blood start to rolling down on her cheek.


“Enough..”


It coming deep from Jungeun’s lips. Successfully snapped Jinsoul out of her state. Widened her eyes. Staring at Jungeun that also staring back at her.

Then, it was at that time Jinsoul realized how those pieces of the broken cup were hovering in the air. Almost stab her arm but it didn’t. And not just that, Jinsoul also notice those shadow on the counter. Makes her slowly turn behind. Only to find those broken glass also floating in the air. Those glass that were supposed to be the window behind her.


“.. what..”


It slipped out of Jinsoul’s lips. Her eyes are shaking. Stare at disbelief at how those glass slowly move backwards. Form the window glass behind her, once again.

The sight surprised her. It makes her feel taken aback especially after she also realizes how those broken pieces of her cup also move backwards. Forming the cup once again. The spilled coffee also move back into it. Like it never been broken before.

It was like a rewind.


“Geez.. what happened to you?”


That caught Jinsoul. Makes her immediately turn her head to Jungeun. Found the latter sigh heavily, let her hand fall to her side. While that red circle still glowing bright in her left eye.


“This is the first time I see you lost control like that..”


What.


“You surprise me Jinsol..”


Jungeun state. Staring at Jinsoul absolutely in worry. But Jinsoul just stay silence. Try to process what just happened inside her mind. Staring at the now unbroken cup, until her gaze catches her phone. Lit up with that new crack she never seen before. 

The crack somehow slowly disappeared. But it wasn’t the thing that catch her attention, but the time on her phone screen. It goes backward.

The time.. is rewinding.


“Did you do that?”


“What?”


Jungeun stare at Jinsoul over that. Raising an eyebrow as Jinsoul turn to her with that unreadable gaze. Jinsoul’s blue circle slowly dimmed, the same as Jungeun’s red circle.


“.. rewind.. the time?”


It sounds kinda unsure and hesitant, coming from Jinsoul. As their circles completely disappeared from their left eye. Jinsoul’s eyes fixed on Jungeun. Try to read whatever inside the younger’s head. But what Jinsoul get next is just how Jungeun look at her.

Totally in confusion. Til’ that heavy sigh leave Jungeun’s lips. Diverted her gaze off of Jinsoul. Jungeun bring her hand to her hair, running her fingers through it.


“Yeah, I did. It’s my power. You really forgot, huh?”


Jungeun snort over her words. Smile slightly. Not even bother to hide the distress that showing on her face. While in the other hand, Jinsoul just stare. Watching how Jungeun look up at the ceiling, shuting her eyes.


“Did something happen yesterday?”


Jungeun asked, slowly open her eyes. Just to stare at Jinsoul. But nothing coming from Jinsoul, even after a few seconds passed. And Jungeun can’t stand the silence. So she sigh again. Looking down, once again letting her fingers running through her hair.


“You know what.. forget it—“


“You're bleeding..”


.. Oh.

Right. Jungeun almost forgot about the scratch on her cheek. Automatically bring her hand there by the words, she winced slightly. Once her fingertips touch it.

Well, Jungeun might’ve rewind the time. But when it have something to do with blood and the circles itself. Her power will be useless. It won’t be much effective as it should—

No, it won’t have any effect. At all. Even the slightest.


“It’s okay.. It just a scratch tho—“


“Let me heal..”


It was unexpected. At least for Jungeun as she found herself flinch by the words. Looking up just to found Jinsoul already stand in front of her. Placing the palm carefully on her cheek. Caressing it a bit.

The touch feels so warm, yet so cold at the same time. It makes Jungeun’s heart sink as her gaze fully on Jinsoul. Noticing how the older totally feel like a stranger to her. It feels like.. Jinsoul is a completely different person to Jungeun.

Somehow.


“.. thank you..”


Jungeun force the words out. Once she see Jinsoul pull her palm off her face. Indirectly tell her that the scratch is completely healed by now. Thanks to Jinsoul’s new power.


“.. it’s nothing..”


Surprisingly, those words also coming weak from Jinsoul. Almost like a whisper, but it was enough for Jungeun to hear. Makes her can’t help but smile bitterly over that, looking down.


“O-oh right! I told you I’ll make you breakfast! You can do whatever you want while wait! It won’t take long!”


Jungeun’s tone change. Turn around as she walk back to the stove. Completely back facing Jinsoul that quietly raised her hand. Seems like want to reach for Jungeun’s. But she is too slow, Jungeun already out of her reach. And just by that simple fact, Jinsoul feel a stab in her heart. Deeply. Let her hand fall helplessly on her side.

It’s confusing. What is actually happening? Why everything feels so different? Who is the strange one?


Jinsoul or Jungeun?


“I called Vivi earlier. She said, she already take care of everything..”


Jinsoul start. Sitting across from Jungeun. Absolutely can’t stand the tense and uncomfortable silence between them for any longer.


“Oh, really? Convey my gratitude to her”


Jungeun reply almost immediately. Sounds too flat to Jinsoul tho, as she look up. Found Jungeun eating her breakfast quietly. Sometimes sipping on her coffee.


“.. I will. But don’t you think, you will be the one who meet her sooner than me?”


Jinsoul state. Staring at Jungeun. Just to notice how the younger stop her motion midway. Looking up, eventually meet Jinsoul’s gaze. There’s nothing in Jungeun’s eyes, except a confusion.


“I mean.. you have to talk about a few things with her, right?”


Jinsoul added. But what she earn from Jungeun the next second is a raise brow. It frustrates her, Jungeun looks so lost.


“Yesterday supposed to be your first press meeting, but unfortunately, it happened. Did you forget?”


“.. press.. meeting??”


Indeed. Jungeun is totally lost. Those words came from her. Confusion filled her voice as she tilted her head slightly to the side. While in the other hand, Jinsoul just stare at her. Somehow in disbelief.


“Jungeun.. you will debut soon”


“What debut??”


Now, Jungeun start to frowned. Staring at Jinsoul, try to find the answer to her confusion. But what she got from Jinsoul later is that annoyed face.


“Stop joking around!”


“I’m not! I really don’t know what you’re talking about!”


Jungeun defended herself. Furrowed her brows as she see how Jinsoul click her tongue. Putting her chopsticks down.


“Alright! Let me tell you then! You will debut in a few days with your self written songs, Eclipse and Twilight! You’ll be the new soloist under our label! Congratulations! Your name stage will be Kim Lip! And you’ll be the first mysterious soloist in the industry since, you will never show your face to public because of your trauma! You can’t being in the car! And yesterday should be your first press meeting if just that er Nam Chunhee didn’t suddenly beat you up then disappeared! And now! Everything suddenly feel so messed up! So stop playing around! I have no time for your joke, Kim Jungeun!”


It coming a lot from Jinsoul, as she panting heavily after those words left her lips. Somehow try to control herself not to lash out at Jungeun that just stare at her. Frowned get even visible on her face.


“.. I.. I really don’t know what you’re talking about..”


Enough. Jinsoul have enough. She can’t hold it for any longer. She’s done with Jungeun. Putting her palm on the table, she pull herself up. About to walk away and leaving Jungeun there by herself.

But those words that coming from Jungeun later, successfully stop her. Prevent her from walking away.


“First, I’m not joking. I’m not playing around. I really don’t understand what you’re talking about, Sol. Second, yes.. Eclipse and Twilight are my self-written songs. But I wrote those songs for you tho..”


Jungeun look up. Stare directly at Jinsoul’s eyes. Now, it’s time for Jinsoul to feel confused. Staring back at Jungeun that start to continue her words. Makes the frowned slowly appear on Jinsoul’s face.


“Third, I won’t debut with these songs. Which means, there’s no press meeting for me and you’ll be the one who comeback with these songs. Soon, in a few days. Fourth, Kim Lip is my producer name. You gave it to me”


Jungeun raise her hand, counting with her fingers to support her sentence. She is not done yet.


“Fifth, I don’t have any trauma. I can drive well, I drive you often instead of that Nam Chunhee even though she is technically your manager. She hate me, and I don’t like her since she got too obsessed with you. She beat me up cause she eventually know that we’re da—“


Jungeun stop her words. Decided to not continue it as she immediately remembered how Jinsoul reacted, when she mention about the thing between them. It was absolutely not the best reaction she expected from Jinsoul.

And it seems like Jinsoul already know what Jungeun’s about to say tho. She appreciated, that Jungeun decided to not say it. But somehow, those words that coming from Jungeun also feels so hard for Jinsoul to accept.

Who is lying?

Jinsoul or Jungeun?


“Press meeting? What press meeting?”


“Jungeun’s press meeting! It should be yesterday!”


“Huh? Jungeun? .. Jinsoul, seriously. I don’t know what you’re talking about”


And just by that, Jinsoul breath hitched. Widening her eyes in disbelief, her phone next to her ear.

What is going on?


“Vivi.. I don’t have time to play around”


“Me neither?”


It coming kinda unsure, and confused from the other side. But Jinsoul just stay silence, stare at nothing. While in the other hand, Jungeun still there. Sitting across of Jinsoul. Their breakfast is long forgotten. Right after Jinsoul decided to reach for her phone.

Give Vivi a call. Jinsoul still think Jungeun have played with her.


“How about you take a shower? I’ll wash the dishes..”


Jungeun state, get up from her seat. Smiling to Jinsoul that just stay silence. Looking up at Jungeun, Jinsoul nod slightly. Her gaze fixed back on her phone the next second. And just by notice that, Jungeun lips twitched. She wants to say something, but she know it’s better not to. So she decided to just walk away, taking Jinsoul’s plate and hers.

And it was at that time, Jungeun hear her phone is ringing. The same as Jinsoul’s that immediately frowned. After she read the name that show on her phone screen.

Something suddenly click in their mind. They almost forgot.


“YERIM!”


They have to meet up with Yerim.


———


The sun is high. It’s almost blinding as Yerim look up at the sky while sitting on her seat. She is in her classroom right now. Waiting for Jungeun and Jinsoul. And since it’s weekend. There’s no student around. And Yerim think it’s a good thing, since she doesn’t know what might happen today. Especially after her gaze fixed back on the bitten apple on top of her desk.

The apple she got from Yves.


‘Yeojin..’


“YERIM!!!!”


Yerim jump on her seat. Snapped her head to the side just to found Jungeun open the back door of her class aggressively, while Jinsoul panting behind.


“Sorry to keep you waiting..”


They looks exhausted.


“.. You teleport here??”


“To in front of your school? Yes. To your class? No. We run. Still lucky tho, since Jinsol been to your school once..”


Jungeun state between her heavy breath. Walk towards Yerim and take a seat nearby. While Yerim just blinking her eyes for a few times. Til’ she gasp and turn to Jinsoul that also take a seat on her side. Panting.


“Oh right! I just remembered you can teleport! That’s so cool! Do you think I also have superpower???”


Yerim state excitedly, bouncing on her seat. Makes Jungeun who hear that can’t help but smile at the words.


“We’ll figure it out soon. Also! Jinsol can heal! Look at me! She healed me in just one night!”


“Really?! That’s so cool!”


Again, Yerim gasp. Turn to Jinsoul that curve a sweet smile on her face. Staring softly at Yerim that turn to Jungeun.


“Jungeun! You think what our superpower will be? God! I’m excited! I hope my superpower will be as cool as Jinsol!”


That coming smoothly from Yerim lips. Along with that wide smile on her face. But Jungeun in the other hand, frowned.

Wait—


“My superpower is levitation and I can control time, Yerim. Did you forget?”


Don’t say..


“Huh? Levitation?! Control time?! That’s so cool! You never tell me!!”


Yerim lean forward. Exclaimed in betrayal to Jungeun that just can blinking her eyes over the words. Confused.


“I was literally save you from the car a few weeks ago! How can you forget?!”


Jungeun exclaimed back. Widening her eyes in disbelief at Yerim that start to furrowed her brows. Tilting her head a bit to the side.


“Eh? Save me from a car? When???”


Yerim asked. Totally in confusion. And not only Yerim, Jungeun also start to feel even confused.


“.. a few weeks ago. You crossed the street and didn’t realize the traffic light is green! I have to stop the time before the car hit you!”


“.. But, it was you tho?”


Yerim tilting her head even more to the side. Frowned. While Jungeun blinking her eyes, try to process Yerim’s words in her mind.


“Me?”


“Yeah! You! You said you see Jinsol in the street and you chase after her! The car hit you, then the time stopped! I was thought you stopped the time by accident! You never tell me you actually can control the time! God Jungeun! How can you think that was me? When it’s actually you?!”


“But it was you! You said you saw Yeojin across the street and you lost your mind and start to running to her! I literally have to stop the time before the car hit you! Turn out you just mistaken! Jinsol was also there!”


And just by that. Those gazes immediately move to Jinsoul. Somehow demanding a confirmation from her. But Jinsoul just furrowed her brows. Looking down at nothing, try to process the words in her head. Ignoring some part of it tho, especially the part of Jungeun chase after her.

On top of that, at least Jinsoul know that Yerim also have the same memories as her. But, Jungeun? Vivi? Why it seems like they have a different memory? What is happening??


“Jungeun.. when you get your red circle?”


It coming so suddenly from Jinsoul. Looking up at Jungeun that immediately furrowed her brows. And it’s not only Jungeun tho, Yerim also do the same as her gaze fixed on Jinsoul before she snapped to Jungeun. Right after these words leave Jungeun’s lips.


“I don’t know why you suddenly asked, when I’m sure you already know. But, yeah.. Near a year ago. When eclipse happened”


Jungeun answer simply. Shrugged her shoulders. While in the other hand, Yerim start to narrow her eyes. Stare at Jungeun totally in wonder and suspicion.


“Jungeun.. the last time eclipse happened is the same day when you got hit by a car. Also.. the first time you get your red circle is when I—“


Yerim suddenly stop her sentence.

Suddenly tense up on her seat. It looks like she eventually realizes something. Once her mind travel back to when she met the other Jungeun. The Jungeun with a scar on her left eye.

Yerim not sure. But somehow those images come into her mind. Those words. Those voices. She have no idea where this thought coming from. And she can't help but wonder.. what if..

The timeline..


‘No way..’


“Yerim.. how did you get here?”


‘There's no way..’


“Yerim.. you shouldn’t be here.. this is too early for you..”


‘.. Don’t say..’


“This timeline is messed up”


‘The timeline..’


“Bring Jungeun and Jinsol here..”


‘Has been fixed?’


“.. hey, Jinsol..”


‘Is it possible?’


The wind touch her skin. Blew her hair along with those tall grass around. But she just standing there. Eyes wide. Staring at that blonde girl that immediately rushing to that small girl who standing a few meters away from them. Leaving only her and Jinsoul behind.


‘.. Is it possible?’


They have arrived in that somewhere a few moments ago. Right after Yerim suddenly get up from her seat. Knock the desk in the process. Makes that bitten apple rolled and fall from it. And when they notice that, their gaze quickly fixed on that bitten apple that somehow vanished into thin air. Get eaten by the fire that coming out of nowhere. While they try to catch it, out of reflex.


‘The timeline is no longer messed up..’


Jungeun had try to stop the time, using her power as her red circle immediately appears in her left eye. But somehow that bitten apple still falling even after the background turn black and white. And just by the sight, Jungeun and Jinsoul can’t help but widen their eyes. Also feel taken aback by how that bitten apple slowly but surely turn into a cherry.

And before the three of them realize how they reach to that cherry at the same time. Their body’s bump onto each other. Ready to also landed on the hard floor.


‘Somehow..’


But they never hit the floor. Instead, the ground welcomes them. As they slowly get up, patting the dirt from their clothes and looking around. Just to realize they have reach that somewhere Yerim has told them. And from afar, the three of them can see how that small girl standing in the middle of the wide field. In the middle of those tall grass.

But to Jinsoul surprise, it’s not Yerim who running to that small girl first. But Jungeun, as they can hear how Jungeun mumbling under her breath. And just by hearing that, Yerim can’t help but feel her body frozen. 


‘.. It change our memories?’


“.. if I remember correctly..”


From afar, Yerim can see how Jungeun smack that small girl head, once she close enough. Before wrapped her arms around that small girl. Bringing her to the air and swinging her around. Jungeun looks so relieved with that girl on her arms. And that girl looks so done with her. Somehow.


‘They looks so.. close?’


“.. Jungeun never met Yeojin”


The two start to laughing, talking about something before their gaze turn to Yerim and Jinsoul as Jungeun pointing at them. But Yerim failed to notice that as she turn to Jinsoul beside her. Found how Jinsoul have that frowned on her face.


‘What is this..’


“Jungeun doesn’t know Yeojin, right?”


It coming kinda shaky from Yerim’s lips. She can feel how her hand start to shaking.


‘What is happening?!’


“Jungeun said.. ‘Haseul will be thankful. I found her problematic sister’ what does that mean?? She know Yeojin? And Yeojin is actually Haseul's sister?? W-w-what? W-why? H—how??”


‘What is actually happening?’


“Yerim.. I actually don’t know what is happening right now. But you need to calm down..”


Jinsoul state softly. Turn her head to Yerim just to found how those eyes start to become teary as she also notice how Yerim immediately turn to her. Fully face her. 


‘.. how—‘


“HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO BE CALM?! JUNGEUN ACTUALLY KNOW YEOJIN?! AND YEOJIN IS ACTUALLY HASEUL’S SISTER?! TO BE HONEST, I DON’T CARE ABOUT THAT! BUT WHY SHE DIDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO TELL US?! WE’VE BEEN QUESTIONING ABOUT WHAT RELATION BETWEEN HASEUL AND YEOJIN AND SHE KEEP SILENT ABOUT IT?! SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING! BUT DIDN’T BOTHER TO TELL US?!!”


‘SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING?!!!’


Yerim shout her frustration out. Move her hands to the air as if her raised voice isn’t enough to tell Jinsoul how frustrated she is. And when Jinsoul’s eyes stare deep into Yerim’s. She notice how hurt Yerim is. It seems like Yerim feel betrayed by Jungeun. Like Jungeun been lying to her this whole time..

The questions are.. did Jungeun do this on purpose? Did Jungeun really do that? Did Jungeun really lie tho?


“Yerim! Thank god! You finally here!”


That voice snapped Yerim and Jinsoul from their current state, almost immediately. Just to found Yeojin running towards them, with Jungeun following her close behind.


“Geez, what took you so long?? Jungeun said I’ve been missing for two months. But actually, it only feels like.. I don’t know? A few minutes? Maybe thirty to forty minutes?”


Yeojin state. Slowly stopping her steps when she is close enough to Yerim that just stare at her with that unreadable gaze, while Jinsoul just stare at Yeojin for a split of seconds. Before her gaze back to Yerim. Just after these words escape from Yerim’s lips. Stuttered.


“Yeojin.. y-you know Jungeun??”


“Oh! Yeah! We’re childhood friends. You know? Before my parents divorced..”


Yeojin said simply, shrugged her shoulders over her own words. But that unreadable gaze still visible in Yerim’s eyes. Her gaze slowly diverted to Jungeun who just stopped her steps. Standing next to Yeojin. And just by seeing Jungeun, Yerim feel a rage raised inside of her.

And before Yerim know, that purple circle start to appear in her right eye. Stare in pain towards Jungeun that frowned once she see it. And even before Jungeun can asked why Yerim’s circle suddenly appear. Jungeun feel a sharp pain in her chest. Makes her fall to the ground. Kneeling down, grabbing her chest tightly.

What is going on?


“Jungeun! You okay— JUNGEUN!”


Yeojin exclaimed in panic. Jungeun suddenly coughed so hard. Palm over . And when she pulled her palm off, blood all over it.


“Jungeun! Jungeun! Jungeun! What happened?!!”


Yeojin kneeling beside Jungeun. Shakily grab onto Jungeun that start to curled down on the ground. Still coughing out blood over her palm that clenched on her face so tightly.

The pain getting clearer in her chest. It feels like there’s something clenched on her heart.

Try to crush it—


“YERIM! STOP!”


Then the purple circle disappeared.

At the same time those words snapped Yerim out of her state. Pulling her back to reality. Startling her. Makes her finally notice how Jungeun curled in pain on the ground. Yeojin next to her. And Jinsoul.. Jinsoul is standing in front of her. Grab onto her shoulders. Tightly.


‘H-huh?’


“Jungeun! God! What happened?! You okay?!”


Yerim heard that voice. Makes her move her gaze to Jinsoul’s side. Staring at Jungeun that panting heavily. Grabbing onto her shirt. And by that, Yerim finally notice how there’s blood on Jungeun’s palm. Some of it on the ground too.


‘What..’


“Jungeun!”


And with that, Jinsoul no longer standing in front of Yerim. Quickly kneeling down in front of Jungeun. Cupping the younger face the next second, just to notice how pale Jungeun is. Heavily breathing. Her eyes half closed. Still coughing slightly.


‘.. did.. did I do that?’


Yerim questioning. Her gaze fixed on Jungeun that slowly lean on Jinsoul’s shoulder. While Jinsoul place her own palm on Jungeun’s chest. Holding onto Jungeun’s that somehow looks so weak. Her eyes looks dimmed.


‘N-no..’


“.. J-Jungeun?”


Yerim fall to the ground. Tears rolling down on her face as her gaze still fixed perfectly on Jungeun. And just by the thud sound, Jinsoul look behind, slightly, while Yeojin turn to Yerim. Immediately rush to Yerim that start to crying on her spot.


“Geez! Yerim! Why you crying?!”


“J-Jungeun— Jungeun!”


Yerim cry harder, makes Yeojin can’t help but bite her lower lips. Try to hold back her own tears while wrapping her arms around Yerim. Yeojin have no idea what just happened. But the sight of Jungeun suddenly coughed of blood surely scared her. Also Yerim.


“God.. these kids..”


Jungeun glancing to Yerim and Yeojin, muttered weakly. Just enough for Jinsoul to hear.


“Was that..”


“Yerim’s power? I think so.. god. She is so powerful”


Jungeun snort over her own words. Snuggle onto Jinsoul’s neck who just stay silence. Somehow clenched her hand on Jungeun’s shirt.


“.. You scared me..”


Jinsoul state quietly. Bring Jungeun closer to her as she staring down at the ground. Her eyes looks kinda empty, while that blue circle glow brighter in her left eye. Letting her power heal whatever pain Jungeun’s feel earlier.

It’s working tho, as Jungeun slowly gain her strength back. Chuckling over Jinsoul’s words. Jungeun feel that familiar warmth she always feel when she is around Jinsoul. But this time it feels quite different. Something is different but Jungeun can’t quite point what is it..


“Jungeun, I’m sorry..”


“Stop crying kid! I’m alright! See!”


Jungeun move her hands upside down next to her own body. Try to convince Yerim that she is totally fine by now. But what Jungeun get next is, Yerim that cry even harder, rushing towards her. Wrapping her arms tightly around Jungeun.


“I’m sorry.. I’m sorry..”


Yerim state shakily. Choke over her own tears, makes Jungeun who notice that can’t help but sigh. Til a tiny smile curve on Jungeun’s face. Bring her hand to patting Yerim’s head. Absolutely in affection.


“There, there. Stop crying, Yerim.. I’m alright, okay? There’s no need to apologize”


“But—“


“No but, sweety! You look less beautiful with these tears, you know?! Stop crying! Give me that smile! Come on! Where’s that bright smile?? Where’s that happy Yerim, huh??”


Jungeun said, cupping Yerim’s face that still sobbing hardly. But once Jungeun told her to smile she aggressively wipe her tears away. With one deep breath, Yerim curve a smile on her face. Looks a bit off with those trace of tears on her cheeks tho, but it’s enough for Jungeun that immediately grin widely.


“There you go! That’s my Yerim!”


Jungeun state with satisfaction. Bring her hands to mess with Yerim’s hair that just giggling happily by that. Also makes Jungeun can’t help but giggling along. While in the other hand, Jinsoul and Yeojin just watching them. That smile on their faces.


“I know Jungeun have soft side in her. But I have no idea she's be this soft!”


Yeojin lean closer to Jinsoul’s side, who just let out a small chuckle over the words.


“Jungeun never act that way to you?”


“Never! You didn’t see how she smacked my head the first time she see me?! Lucky Haseul is my sister. If it’s her.. I will definitely makes her resign from being my sister!”


Yeojin state. Stare at Jungeun kinda in horror as she can’t imagine how her life will be if Jungeun is her sister instead of Haseul. And just by those words, Jinsoul can’t help but frowned. Turn to Yeojin the next second.


“Haseul is your sister?”


“Well, yeah.. we live in different places tho. But I’ll move to her apartment soon!”


Yeojin said excitedly, while turning to Jinsoul. Just to meet that confused face of the older the next second.


“But, I heard.. she live in her coffee shop. I mean, The Carol?”


“Oh, The Carol! Jiwoo manage that place! Haseul rarely went there! You know.. the doctor always busy”


Yeojin shrugged over her own words. Leaving Jinsoul absolutely in confusion by that. Furrowed her brows, til she heard another voice meddle into their conversation.


“The doctor? Isn’t Haseul the barista at The Carol? I mean.. she manage the coffee shop with Jiwoo?”


Those words coming smoothly from Yerim’s lips. Tilting her head to the side. While pull herself off of Jungeun. Her gaze fixed on Yeojin that raised her eyebrow over the words.


“Yerim.. Haseul is a doctor. She was the one who treat your injury leg! Don’t you remember??”


Yeojin questioning. But what she get next is, that confusing look from Yerim. Tilting her head to the side even more, Yerim is about to open . About to say something. But unfortunately she being cut by those words.


“Oh? The girl you told me that time is Ye—“


“Yo, yo, yo! Stop there! No need to expose me! Also how you two know each other tho?”


Yeojin quickly cut Jungeun’s words. Smoothly change the topic. Even though Yeojin can absolutely notice how Jungeun’s smile widely at her. Teasingly. But she just ignore it, she know her face turn red by now. No need to mention it.


“Oh? I met Yerim two months ago. If I’m not mistaken, it was a week after you suddenly disappeared”


“Did Haseul know about this???”


“She will freaking out. So, no. Thank me!”


“Thank you Kim Jungeun! Oh my god! I owe you queen!!”


Jungeun smile in amused just after those words leave Yeojin’s lips. The exchange between the two kinda extra tho, but Jinsoul nor Yerim have no time to pay attention to that since their attention is fully on those words that coming out from Jungeun’s lips.


“Jungeun.. you actually know Yeojin? Even before we met?! Why you didn’t tell me! Why you act surprised at that time if you actually know Yeojin?!”


Yerim exclaimed. Her eyes became teary once again. And it makes the three feel panic almost immediately. Especially Jungeun.


“He—hey! Yerim, calm down. Let’s talk about it, okay?? No need to cry, okay? Calm down..”


Jungeun smile nervously. Raised both of her hands towards Yerim who begin to sob again. Trying so hard to hold her tears back. But later, it just rolled over her cheeks. Again.


“I was searching for Yeojin! So hard! I even make posters of her! But no one can see it except you and Jinsol! We even went and met grandma! And you act like you didn’t know her! Why you keep it from me Jung—“


“Wait.. grandma??”


It coming unexpectedly from Yeojin. Sounds kinda shock as it successfully cut Yerim’s words. Makes Yerim turn to her. Just to found that frowned on Yeojin’s face.

And above all of that, Yeojin’s gaze somehow turn dark as she turn to Yerim. Stare into Yerim's eyes for a split of seconds before she looking down. The sight confused Yerim. It was until, Yerim immediately turn to Jungeun.

Once those words escape smoothly from the older lips.


“.. you mean grandma.. like.. Yeojin’s grandma??”


Jungeun’s voice sounds so careful, somehow. As Yerim notice how Jungeun occasionally glance at Yeojin. It makes Yerim furrowed her brows, wondering. But she just nod over Jungeun’s words. Giving that as answer, just to hear Yeojin call for her the next second.


“Yerim..”


A pause.


“Grandma died two years ago..”


'.. What?'


Yerim immediately snapped her head towards Yeojin. Eyes wide. In shock. Somehow doubting what she just heard. Surprise. And not just only that, Yerim also notice how Jinsoul also look as surprise as her.

Jinsoul might not know that much, but at least Jinsoul know how hard Yerim and Jungeun were searching for Yeojin for these two months. They told her, they also went to Yeojin’s house and met the grandma that show them a boy picture that looks like Haseul and Yeojin. But, at this exact moment..

Why it seems like it was never happened? Why only Yerim and her, who remember? Why Jungeun act like she doesn’t even know anything? About what happened these two months? Does Jungeun really don’t know?

Or, did Jungeun just forgot?


‘But, how—‘


“I don’t know why you suddenly asked, when I’m sure you already know. But, yeah.. Near a year ago. When eclipse happened”


That suddenly come across Jinsoul’s mind. Cut her own train of thought as she try to process what is happening right now. Just to makes her notice.


“I.. don’t know who she actually is. But I know, she can be trusted. She mentioned about, how our timeline is messed up.”


She told Yerim.. this timeline is messed up..’


“I think it’s also have something to do with how Yeojin seems like she doesn’t even exist at this point. She also the one who bring Yeojin to that somewhere.”


‘The timeline most likely have something to do with Yeojin’s existence..’


“She said it was for Yeojin’s sake, before the universe take the wrong soul.. she also mentioned about Haseul”


‘It also have something to do with Haseul. Makes sense cause Haseul link to Yeojin. Then..’


“But I met her! When I was searching for you! But she act like she didn’t know you! She told me she only have a grandson who died in plane accident!”


“.. you probably mistaken, Yerim..”


“But it’s really her! How can she died?! I really met her! Trust me—“


“Yerim, enough.. it’s useless..”


Eventually, Jinsoul let her voice out. Stopping Yerim that just can turn to her. Widening her eyes. Questioning her with those teary eyes.

But Jinsoul just smile at her, apologetically. Glance slightly to Yeojin who looking down, then to Jungeun who just furrowed her brows staring alternately at Yerim and Yeojin. Til their gaze meet. And just by knowing that, Jinsoul smile slightly before her gaze back to Yerim that still stare at her.


‘.. there’s no doubt. There’s only one explanation that can explain this. The timeline..’


“The timeline is no longer messed up, Yerim..”


‘It completely explain why..’


“We’re the only one who remember those events that happened in the messed up timeline..’


‘In exchange of that..’


“But we completely clueless about what actually happened in the original timeline..”


Jinsoul state calmly. Staring deep into Yerim eyes that somehow flinch on her spot. And just by notice that. Jinsoul know Yerim already knew about this. Just need someone to point it out to her.

It makes Jinsoul kinda wonder tho. It feels like Yerim know something more. Did Yerim hide something from them? Maybe. Maybe it just not the right time for Yerim to tell them? Jinsoul have no idea. It doesn’t really matter to her tho. At least at this exact moment.

Since..


‘Only ‘she’ who can answer our questions..’


“.. What do you mean the girl with me? I’m always alone here??”


‘Or maybe not..’


———


In the other side from that wide field. In the different place. The Seoul city, South Korea. In one of the park in Seoul city to be exact. The sun shining right above it. Shining on those people who walking around the park. Minding their own business. 

Until, she walk passed them. Easily caught their attention. Either it’s man or woman. Everyone somehow stop whatever they’re doing when she walking near them. It seems like they get hypnotized by her.

By how her blonde hair dancing in the wind. Along with her white dress. Then her black coat around her arms. She looks so attractive. No, she is captivating. Stunning. Stopping her steps right in front of the park clock. Everyone’s gaze are perfectly fixed on her. Watching how her put her palm above her eyes. Looking up at that park clock that tell her it’s twelve o’clock, right now.


“Assa..”


And just by knowing that, she smile widely. That word escape smoothly from her lips, makes those people who heard that can’t help but grab their own chest. Feeling their heart suddenly thumping only by her voice. But she failed to notice that as her gaze still on the clock. Her smile widened the next second.


“Time for lunch!”


Let her hand fall to her side. She happily state. With that small somehow crunchy voice that makes those people’s heart thumping once again. Staring at her with a heart eyes. But she failed to notice that for a little while. Until, she turn around. Flinched on her spot once she finally realizes.

All eyes are on her.


“.. Um.. hello?”


“YES PRINCESS!! GIVE US YOUR COMMAND!”


Everyone suddenly shout. Startling her. And just by that, she smile awkwardly. Feeling a little uncomfortable.


“Umm.. back to your business?”


“RIGHT AWAY PRINCESS!”


By the words, those people immediately turn around. Back to their business, following what she said. Even though she still notice how some of them constantly steal a glance to her. Makes her can’t help but offer them a tiny smile.

Still looks kinda awkward tho, but somehow it successfully makes some of them faint on their spot. And just by that, she quickly look around. Kinda panic. Checking if there's anyone witness it. And actually, almost everyone around her saw that. But they’re too focus on her, instead of those people that fainted on the ground. With that stupid smile on their faces.


“Umm.. help them? I guess??”


“YES PRINCESS!”


Those people immediately rush to those unconscious people on the ground. Right after those words coming from her. It makes her smile in amused. Shaking her head over the sight.


“Geez.. nothing’s different..”


She state. Eventually decided to walk away. Leaving those people behind her. Ignoring those gazes that absolutely on her, while she looking around. Try to find a place that suit her for lunch.


“Assa!!”


She found it.


“May I know what'd you like to have princess?”


“Malatang!”


Of course. 


“OH! IT’S SO GOOD!!”


She squealed in joy. Makes that old man smile over her words.


“If you have something else you want. Just call me princess. I’ll excuse myself now..”


The old man that seems like the owner of the place immediately walk away after earn an eager nod from her, who busy stuffed with the food. Those gazes that coming from the other customers are all on her. But she ignored all of it and just enjoy her food.


“Assa! This is how it feels like to be alive!”


She state with that wide smile on her face. Shutting her eyes, as she tasting the food inside . But it was until, she suddenly open her eyes the next second. Hearing some familiar melody coming from her side.

And right after she turn to her side. She found there’s a slim tv placed on the wall up there. Makes her suddenly frozen on her spot once she see what’s on the screen.

It’s..


‘Love Letter???’


She state inside her mind. Eyes wide. Staring at the tv screen that show her how that exact blonde girl singing that exact song. With that exact emotion in her voice.


‘H-how?! Doesn’t it exist after Jungeun and Jinsoul’s break up?!’


She questioning in disbelief. Her gaze fully fixed on the tv. Before it diverted automatically to those guys that sit not far from her. Their gaze also fixed on the tv screen.


“Oh? It’s Jinsoul! Love Letter!”


“Man, I really love this song! She do the right thing to debut with this song! I really love it!”


‘Wait..’


She pause herself. Widening her eyes even more just after she heard those words coming from one of those guys.


“DEBUT SONG??!!!”


It caught her in surprise. Absolutely, as she slam her palms on the table. Get up from her seat. Startling everyone around her. But she is not even bother to look around nor apologize for her sudden burst.

Heck. She doesn’t even think about that. Even a slightest. Her gaze fixed on that guy who just stare at her in fear. Even though somehow, there’s still admiration visible in his eyes once their gaze meet.


“What did you say?? Jinsoul’s debut song?? It’s Love Letter?!!”


She exclaimed. Somehow sounds so shock and intimidating. But actually, it still coming cutely from her lips. Successfully makes the guy feel his heart thumping despite of how serious her face looks at the moment.

And not only that guy tho. All people around her also feel the same. Quietly stare at her with a heart eyes even with how sharp her gaze right now.


“Answer me!”


“Yes princess! Jinsoul’s debut song is Love Letter! She is debut in—“


A glitch.


She absolutely notice that. A glitch that coming out of nowhere. Out of sudden. Cut that guy voice as she also see how that guy is glitching. And it’s not only that guy. All people around her are glitching. Even the place is also glitching. Then..


It disappeared.


“— Jinsoul’s debut song is Singing in the rain! She is debut in—“


“What..”


It slipped out of her lips. Accidentally cut that guy’s words that immediately shut his mouth. Try to be as polite as he can while staring at her that slowly turn to her side. Once again let her gaze fixed on that slim tv. Noticing how the tv somehow glitching with that blue color.


“.. the ?”


Then, it’s no longer glitching. It started to show her how that exact blonde now dancing, with the blue led light around her. The song is different from earlier. She recognized the song.

It’s Singing in the Rain.


“Tell me, what’s Jinsoul’s debut song again?”


“Yes princess! Jinsoul’s debut song is Singing in the Rain!”


That guy answered loudly. Standing tall from his seat. But she just stare at him for a split of seconds, before she look down. Staring at nothing. Her mind start to spinning. She sure that guy was saying Love Letter instead of Singing in the Rain earlier. Right before she saw how those around her somehow glitching. Those people. Wall, chairs, table. Especially the tv.

She sure, she is not mistaken it.


“Something is not right..”


———


“! Yves! What are you doing?!”


That girl throw her head back. Hardly as she sigh in frustration. Messing with her hair the next second.


“You know it will only reach Yerim! Why you still try?!”


She exclaimed in annoyed. Banging her head on the wheel while her grips tightened on it. Next to her, that bitten apple sit calmly on the passenger seat, along with her phone. Silently witness how she somehow rampage on her seat.


“KK!!!!”


She shout inside the car. Letting her voice echoing there. Lucky there’s only her car in the parking lot. Or else, someone might heard her and maybe, knock on her window by now. Asking her if she is alright and all. And that’s not what she wants to deal, especially at this exact moment.


“, , ! Yves !!”


She shout again. Pulling her hair hard while shutting her eyes. Just to bump her head on the wheel once again. But instead of repeatedly hit her head on it, she just stay there. Resting her head. Sigh heavily, until she slowly open her eyes. Muttering the name quietly.


“.. Chuu..”


It coming weak from her. Staring down at nothing just to sigh again a second later. Straighten herself, another sigh left her lips as she turn to her side.

Decided to just reach for her phone. She accidentally knock on the bitten apple that immediately rolled down off the seat. Vanishing into thin air. Get eaten by the fire that coming out of nowhere, then disappeared before her eyes.


“.. whatever”


But she shrugged it off. Decided to just grab her phone and lean back on her seat. Press on the lock and swipe on the screen. Choose to just busy herself by scrolling whatever on her phone instead of gone crazy like earlier.

It was before she suddenly furrowed her brows tho. Seeing how her screen start to glitching out of sudden. 


“. What n—“


She cut her own words. Noticing how it’s not only her screen that is glitching. But also her phone. It makes her feel taken aback. Somehow. Almost throw her phone away out of surprise. But she manage to hold herself. Prevent herself from doing that, once she caught those people walking on the street ahead of her.

Also glitching.


“What the ..”


She's looking around. Shutting the car door beside her once she is outside. Noticing it’s not only those people, but also those buildings, cars, even birds in the sky and trees around her. All of these, are glitching.


“What is happening..”


She questioning. Realize she is the only one who doesn’t glitching among all of those things around her. Even the ground is glitching under her feet. The sight makes her frowned. And before she can think any further about what she just witnessed. 

It disappeared.

The glitching disappeared without any trace a second later. Those things around her are no longer glitching. And it absolutely leaves her in wonder as everything seems as normal as before. Out of sudden.


‘So.. what’s that glitch for?’


She look around once again. Making sure everything around her is totally stop glitching. And when she sure enough everything back to normal by now. She decided to get back into her car.

Grab onto the doorknob and pull her car door open. She still wonder what just happened tho. But later, she chose to shrugged it off. Sit behind the wheel just to found the phone on her hand start to vibrating. Telling her there’s an incoming call.


“.. Jiwoo?”


She read the name on her phone screen. Furrowed her brows over the name that she know she never heard nor knew before. But to her surprise, that unfamiliar name somehow also feel familiar to her. And before she can questioning it even further, she found her finger press on that green icon without hesitation. Bringing her phone immediately to her ear. Just to feel her breath hitched the next second that voice can be heard by her.


“Sooyoung??”


‘This voice..’


“.. C-Chuu?!”


She straightened herself. Widening her eyes in disbelief. Pulling her phone off of her ear. Quickly check on the screen. Before she put it next to her ear once again.


‘Is it really her?’


“Oh? We’re using our Eden name now??”


She hear that giggle coming from the other side. Right after those words. Makes her can’t help but feel that weird feeling in her chest. She miss that.


“Hi Yves! I got your apple! What’s up?”


She miss her.


“.. h-hey..”


A smile curve on her face. A relief one as she rest her head on the wheel. Feeling the heat start to from on the back of her eyes.


“Oh? That’s sounds off? You okay??”


“Y-yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry..”


She let out a small chuckle in the end of her words. Shutting her eyes, as to let herself immersed by that voice.


“You know, you do not sounds so convincing right now, Yves.. But fine. I’ll let you off this time. I have customer. You want me to hang up now or—“


“No, no, no. Just..”


She pause.


“.. Just don’t hang up. I want to hear your voice..”


She state weakly. Kinda doubting it a second later. Thinking it wasn’t enough for the other to hear. But once she heard that soft giggle. All the uncertainty immediately disappeared. Her voice was heard.


“You weird! But fine! Anyway, why don’t you just come here? I mean, we can steal some times to talk!”


It coming happily from the other side. And just by that she can’t help but smile widely. Grinning like a schoolgirl. Until a frowned start to appear on her face.


“.. wait, here?”


She questioning. Somehow earned a scoff from the other side. 


“Yeah! Here! The Carol! I work here yo! Did you forget?”


‘.. The.. Carol?? .. Wait—‘


“YOU WORK ON THE CAROL?!”


She exclaimed. Out of sudden. Totally in surprise.


“.. um, yeah? Why you so surprised?? You come here often!”


‘.. H-huh??’


“Wait.. I came there? Often??”


“Yup!”


It coming from the other side. But she just frowned. Wondering.


“Did you hit your head or something?? You sounds like you just lost your memory..”


What is happening?


“.. hey, Chuu?”


She called. Eventually realizes there’s something’s off, just by how she remembered the other mentioned about the apple earlier. Somehow, it finally reach the right person instead of Yerim.

And, the way the other talk to her. It seems like this is not the first time they’ve talked to each other after a while. Especially for the other. But for her.. it’s the very first time she ever heard that voice after such a long time. And don’t forget how the other mention she’s went to The Carol often. While as long as she can remember, she just went there once. It was yesterday. When she met up with Yerim.

Also, she have no idea how the contact was saved on her phone. With the name Jiwoo and a strawberry emoji in the end of it. She can’t recall any memory from her mind, that have something to do with the contact and The Carol like the other said tho.

So.. What is actually happening?


‘Does it have something to do with the glitching earlier?’


She have no idea. But she need to know the answer..


“I’m on my way..”


Soon.


———


“The.. messed up timeline?”


A cold wind blew their way. Those words coming from Yeojin. Sounds unsure as she been quiet for a while. Listening to Jinsoul who have her gaze fully fixed on Jungeun, that seems deep in her thought. Hands over her lips. She looks so serious.


“.. I see, that’s the most plausible explanation we have for now. I mean, it’s explained how me and Yeojin have a different memory from you and Yerim”


Jungeun state, pointing her thumb slightly to Yeojin on her side. Before she let her gaze glance to Yerim, then stop on Jinsoul that absolutely stare back at her.


“Right. Now the timeline is fixed. Everything is back to normal. Except me and Yerim.. I don’t know why it’s only us tho? Is it because of the circle? But you also have the circle. So why it’s only the two of us?”


Jinsoul questioning. Makes Jungeun can’t help but furrowed her brows, start to thinking about the current mystery. Somehow, she failed to notice how Yerim giving her that complicated gaze.

But little did Yerim know, Jinsoul noticed.


“Anyway Yeojin, you said that Yerim accidentally sent you here when her circle awakened, right?”


“Yes mam!”


Yeojin answer immediately. Makes Jinsoul smile over that. Lowering her brows, Jinsoul glancing to Yerim who stare at Yeojin apologetically. And just by notice that, Jinsoul smile again. Til she move her gaze back to Jungeun. Let her gaze meet with the younger once again.


“I feel like I have to say this. In our timeline, the messed up one, it’s not Yerim who sent Yeojin here. But someone had bring Yeojin here. It’s she..”


Jinsoul state. Absolutely caught Jungeun’s attention, as she raised an eyebrow over the words.


She?”


Jungeun asked. Try to makes sure. Immediately earn a nod from Jinsoul that start to open again, continue her words.


“Yeah. The only one who ever met she, is Yerim. And actually this not the first time Yerim come here. She accidentally came here after eat the cherry. Meet Yeojin and that she here..”


Jinsoul state calmly. Glance to Yeojin that just raised an eyebrow when she heard her name get mentioned.


“So, the girl that Yerim asked Yeojin earlier.. was this she?”


Jungeun try to confirm. Turn to Yeojin the next second. Once she see Jinsoul nod over her words. But it doesn’t last long tho, as Jungeun immediately move her gaze back to Jinsoul. Right after give Yerim a comforting smile. And with that, Yerim smile back. Quietly listening to the conversation once again.


“So basically.. you’re telling us that this she.. have an important role in this? Like what is happening right now? To us?”


Jungeun try to confirm it again. But this time, instead of a nod, Jinsoul just sigh. Diverted her gaze away from Jungeun.


“I’m not sure.. but I think so..”


Jinsoul state weakly. Makes Jungeun just stare at her. While Yerim and Yeojin glance to each other for a split of seconds. Til’ their gaze fixed on Jinsoul. Found the older start to looking down. Seems deep in her thought. Let the silence filled the air among them the next second.


“Alright, let’s just say this she is the cause of our different memory. Now, Yerim..”


After a few minutes of silence, Jungeun be the first person who break it. Turn to Yerim that somehow flinch by the mention of her name. The sight makes Jungeun frowned, but later, Jungeun just shrugged it off. Continue her words,


“Since you’re the only one who ever met this she. Perhaps, could you tell us how she looks like? I mean just in case? Is there something that stands out the most from her?”


Jungeun start. But Yerim just blinking her eyes over the words. Looks hesitant as she turn to Jinsoul that stare back at her. Seems anticipating whatever that will come from Yerim’s lips. The same as Yeojin that just nod towards Yerim, once their gaze meet. Somehow reassuring Yerim with her eyes.

And just by notice that, Yerim mentally sigh. Bite her lower lip as she looking down. Still debating should she just say it or not in her mind.

Then after a few seconds, Yerim look up. Meeting Jungeun’s gaze. Makes her can’t help but stare at Jungeun. Again, with that complicated gaze Jinsoul noticed earlier. And this time, it’s not that different. Jinsoul still manage to notice the gaze. But instead of shrugged it off like the last time, Jinsoul frowned. Til’ she feel her breath got stuck in .

Just after those words coming out from Yerim’s lips.


“.. She have a scar on her left eye..”


Smoothly. It coming from Yerim’s lips. Even though it somehow sounds so low and weak. It was enough for Jinsoul, Jungeun and Yeojin to hear.


“It goes down from her forehead to her cheek..”


Yerim continued. Giving the three more details as she bring her own hand to her left eye. Let her fingertips touch her forehead. Then pull it down across her left eye. Slowly stopping on her cheek. As if to tell them how long the scar on the face is.


“Her hair is light brown..”


Yerim let her hand fall off her face. Helplessly, as she looking down. Avoiding those gaze that absolutely on her.


“She wear a black coat, blue flannel underneath and black pants. Also black boots”


Yerim added. Failed to notice how Yeojin tilting her head to the side. While Jungeun just nod. Try to note the information in her head. Before she move her gaze to Jinsoul. Finally notice how shock Jinsoul at the moment. Staring at Yerim. Wide eyes.

It was until, Jungeun found Jinsoul’s gaze slowly move to her. Still with that shock visible there. Staring at her. Disbelief.


‘.. huh?’


“Alright.. I don’t know if I should ask this. But, I’ll ask it anyway. Did you ever met her before? Maybe somewhere?”


Jungeun decided to shrugged the gaze off. Choose to dig more about this she tho. Somehow, she got a bad feeling about this she. Right after she realize what Jinsoul’s gaze absolutely meant. But it confused her. And what coming next confused her even more. Once Yerim slowly look up at her.

That complicated, unreadable gaze finally got notice by Jungeun. And just by notice that, Jungeun feel her breath get stuck in .

Yerim’s gaze is the same as Jinsoul. The gaze that somehow speak to her like,


It’s you.


“.. no, it was the first time I met her”


But Yerim mouth say otherwise.


———


“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”


The night is cold. The wind blow onto her skin, her blonde haired dancing. The green cardigan on her body seems like isn’t enough to protect her from the wind. But she stay unbothered. Looking down at nothing from her apartment balcony. Her phone next to her ear. Waiting for the other to give her an answer from her previous question.


“W—what?? What are you talking about I—“


“Yerim.. It’s Jungeun, isn’t it?”


Jinsoul cut the words. Earn a gasp from the other side. But somehow, to Jinsoul.. the gasp wasn’t the gasp she use to hear from the other. Somehow, it sounds like Yerim is scared.


“H-how did you know?”


“I have some weird dreams.. and I see Jungeun there..”


Jinsoul answered almost immediately. Bring her hand to the fence. Gripping on it tightly, once those certain images rushing into her head.


“She looks like what you described. Brown hair, blue flannel, black coat, and all the rest also in black. Scar on her left eye..”


It coming quietly from her lips. Unconsciously tightening her grip on the fence when she remembered how she saw her for a split of seconds. Before she found herself teleport to where Jungeun is.

It’s still a mystery how she reached Jungeun that time tho. And how she got that power? Healing? Doesn’t the book only say Blue Circle is The Places? And why..

Why it’s only her and Yerim that remember about the messed up timeline?


“So basically.. there’s two Jungeun?”


“.. I’m not sure. But you can say that..”


It coming kinda weak from Yerim. The uncertainties absolutely filled her voice. And Jinsoul just stay silence. Her mind start to spinning. Those images getting clearer in her mind. Playing in her head like a broken record.


“.. Did she tell you something? Anything? That maybe can explain what is happening to us right now?”


“I don’t think so. She just mentioned about the messed up timeline. The connection between Haseul and Yeojin. And.. well, she actually mentioned how I originally shouldn’t got the cherry from Yves or Ha Sooyoung in this case.. but, oh well.. since the timeline was messed up..”


Jinsoul can imagine how Yerim shrugged over her own words at this moment. Jinsoul also feel Yerim still keep some secrets by the tone the younger used. But, Jinsoul couldn’t care much as the mention of that Yves or Ha Sooyoung caught her fully attention. Somehow makes her clenched on the fence. Hardening her jaw in annoyed when she remembered how she burned that burgundy letter on the sink. And how she somehow lost control over her own power, brought an unexplainable pain to Yerim and Jungeun at the restaurant.

Jinsoul have no idea what happened. But at least she eventually knew. The one who sent her that burgundy was no other than Yves.. Ha Sooyoung. There’s no doubt of it. Jinsoul recognized the hand written.

For Jinsoul, Yves not that smart enough to hide her identity. Or maybe.. 

Yves just didn’t bother to hide it?


‘.. Yves?.. wait..’


Jinsoul finally realizes something.


“Why do I need a red circle to keep me grounded?”


“Jinsoul.. you’re too powerful. Yves said the only one who can balance your power is red circle. Wherever they are, we need to find them before your power consumed you—“


“I don’t need them. Who the come up with that?!”


The memory start to playing in her mind. She finally realize how that name once slipped out of Vivi’s lips.

Then, she also remembered what happened this morning. How she somehow lost control, again, over her own power. And somehow.. Jungeun manage to stop her.

The red circle.. somehow manage to balance the blue circle.


‘.. ..’


Jinsoul curse inside her mind. Bring her hand to her hair. Let her fingers running through it.


‘But it was in messed up timeline..’


She state in her head. Looking down, staring at nothing. She's not sure if she have that exact arguments with Vivi like what she remembered in this timeline too or not. But either it happened in this timeline too or not. She eventually knows Vivi said the truth. And she hate it.

She hate the fact that Jungeun somehow have control over her.

And it was before that certain images come into her mind. How she saw herself standing there while Jungeun is kneeling on the floor. Clenched on her left side of face. Blood covered the hand. Knife helplessly laying between them. On the floor, also covered by blood.


“.. She have a scar on her left eye..”


Yerim’s voice echoing in her head, the time the images of how she saw her reflection on the knife came across her mind. That half red-half blue circle on her left eye.


‘Wait a sec..’


“.. Jungeun with scar.. she’s not from this timeline..”


“.. H-huh???”


It coming from Yerim. Curious, and confused by Jinsoul’s sudden words. But Jinsoul stay silence for a few seconds. Her hands start to shaking. Her breath somehow became unsteady.


“It just my random thought. But Jungeun said she can control the time, right? What if.. the scar Jungeun is.. Jungeun from the future?”


Jinsoul state. Sounds kinda hesitated, unsure, uncertain, and scared. Somehow. But if she thinks about it again, there’s a possibility. Since she absolutely know those images feels more like a memory instead of a dream.

And even though she sure it’s not her memory, especially not from this timeline nor the messed up timeline. Jinsoul still can say it’s her memory. It’s probably from the other timeline that she didn’t know, or just can’t remember.

And if that’s the case.. it somehow explained how Yerim and her have different memory from Yeojin and Jungeun. Especially in this exact timeline.

And if that’s the case.. then, does that mean..


“.. so, that’s mean.. Jungeun isn’t only can control the time? But she also can travel back in time?”


There’s another timeline they have no idea is exist out there?


“I’m not sure. But there’s a possibility. Or maybe she ask the future me to help her travel back or maybe she asked the future you since we’re both the one who basically can travel to another place, right?”
 

Something more than they ever know?


“.. Actually Jinsol..”


Jinsoul try to connect the dots.


“There’s one more thing, I think you should know..”


Try to uncover the mystery.


“When I met that Jungeun.. she have all the circles in her eyes”


Either she’s ready or not.


“Purple circle in her right eye..”


Either she will like it or not.


“Then half blue, half red in her left eye..”


She have no choice but to face it all.


“If the scar Jungeun is indeed from the future..”


She have to.


“Do you think, how can she have all those circles?”


Even though she absolutely hate the truth.

 

 

 


 


 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 

 

 

 

-hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)