Circles

Re:WIND

 

Closed eyes. Steady breath.

She can smell how the room filled with such a typical fresh roasted coffee as she open her eyes, walk to the mini stage that place not far from the counter. Catch a glance from the girl behind the counter, she just smile a second before she pull her guitar out of the guitar bag. Inhaling some air, she put the guitar on her thigh after she slide on the chair. Smiling to herself, she spend a few seconds staring at her blue guitar, admiring how beautiful it is.

She likes red, but somehow she found the blue guitar attractive the first time she laid her eyes on it. The color is deep blue, with wave pattern on it, it reminds her of sea, beach, and she doesn’t know why.. she just feel peaceful every time she stare at it.


“Good evening ladies and gentlemen.. thank you for coming today, I wish you have a good time here after.. whatever happened before you get here..”


She grinned to the customers that already set their eyes on her the moment she walk to the mini stage. A grin, a smile plastered on their face as they watch her, waiting for her to start her performance as she carefully move to placing her fingers on her guitar board. She know, some of the customers are regulars here and they love to see her performance, even she knows that some of the customers just come for her performance despite of not really likes coffee but lucky, the coffee shop offer another drinks that they absolutely love it. Either way, it’s a win-win situation for her and the owner of this coffee shop, which is her childhood friend.


“I present you..”


She throw her gaze around the coffee shop one last time, before she also take one last glance to her guitar and smile widely to herself. She is ready.


“Eclipse”


———


“Thank you again for today, Jungeun”


She turn herself to the counter once she heard that, stopping her move as she in the middle of putting the chair on the table. Raised an eyebrow, she never use to that girl saying those things to her, despite how many times she heard it. But in the other hand, that girl just offer her a motherly smile as she clean the coffee machine, ignoring Jungeun gaze,


“You know, I just want to say it..”


That girl say softly, still busy with the coffee machine while Jungeun just shake her head, knowing that girl so well


“I know.. it just feels weird everytime you say it. I mean, come on. I will do anything for you, Haseul”


Jungeun say genuinely, placing the chair on the table before moving to another table and do the same. Hearing that, Haseul can’t help but smile as she lift herself and staring at Jungeun


“I don’t know what am I gonna do without you and Jiwoo—“


“Good evening, folks!! Sorry not sorry! I know you miss me soooo much~”


That voice echo in the whole room, as it cut Haseul’s words in the process, while Jungeun scoffed as she know very well who in the world that just barged into the already closed coffee shop without any shame.

Kim Jiwoo.


“Hello, Jiwoo.. how’s your trip?”


“Amazing! Incredible! Mind blowing! It was awesomeeee~”


That girl, Jiwoo beaming excitedly spreading her arms to the sides as she say those words which is just earn a smile from Haseul that already use to how bright the girl as she can see how her eyes spark. But it’s a complete opposite reaction from Jungeun as she walk to the counter, rolling her eyes with her hands on her hip.


“Great. Now you here. I finally can quit this job”


Jungeun try to act as if she is done with all of this, but Jiwoo just gasp at her. Covering with both of her hands after she let go of her luggage behind her.


“Wait! You work here?! Aww, workmate!!”


She squealed excitedly and rush to wrap her arms around Jungeun neck who kinda taken aback by that sudden move as she try to balance herself.


“Let go of me! You—“


“Jiwoo, she just cover for you while you’re away..”


Haseul soft voice cut Jungeun’s words as she immediately turn to Haseul, mouthing ‘help me’ makes Haseul can’t help but shake her head in amused. Finding the interaction after her somehow kinda entertaining in a weird way. In the other hand, Jiwoo just blinking her eyes for a few times at Haseul as she heard what the latter say, before push Jungeun away.


“Eyy, not fun~”


“W-what???”


Jungeun widen her eyes in disbelief, her jaw dropped as she see Jiwoo pout while glaring at her. She have no idea what just happened, and it’s hard to process somehow, even before she finally process anything, she can see Jiwoo smile widely, beaming at her.


“Aww, I really miss messing with you Jungeun! Come give me a hug!”


“Stay away from me!”


And that’s how Haseul just sigh under her breath, smiling to herself a second later while placing her arms on the counter. Watching how Jiwoo try to catch Jungeun while the latter try to avoid her as long as she can. But later it ended up as Jiwoo wrapped her arms around her and Jungeun as the latter hide behind her. Let a small laugh, Haseul can’t help but feel amused as she can feel Jungeun still try to break free from Jiwoo's arms and tell Jiwoo to let go of her repeatedly but what she got from Jiwoo is a firm ‘NO’ with a bright smile.


———


“You know you can stay the night..”


“And let Jiwoo be over me the whole night? Eww, no. I rather go home late, instead of let my body crushed”


Haseul just laugh after she heard those words come out so smoothly from Jungeun. As Haseul walk the latter to the front door, Jungeun just stay quiet, let that comfortable silence fill the air between them as she remember how fast Jiwoo fell asleep on her bed a while ago. That girl must be really tired from the flight and adventure despite how much energy she showed.


“Then.. I’ll see you tomorrow”


Haseul state, smile motherly towards Jungeun who immediately return the smile and manage the guitar bag’s strap on her shoulders.


“See you tomorrow, Haseul.. goodnight”


“Goodnight kid”


Haseul mess with Jungeun’s hair affectionately before she let go of the latter and watch her walk away while waving her hands to Haseul which is she also returned. And once Jungeun is out of her sight, she decide to walk back inside the coffee shop just to stop by the paper that suddenly stuck on the door cause of the wind. Furrowed her brows in curiosity, Haseul bent down to reach the paper and found herself frozen the next second she see what’s on the paper.


Im Yeojin. Missing.


———


Jungeun lift her head, tip toed playfully as she staring at the traffic light for the pedestrian, waiting it to turn green so she can cross the street. Listening to the song through her airpods, she hummed softly to herself as her eyes wandering to tall buildings and find that big screen that show a beautiful blonde girl promoting some sort of beauty products. She smile at the sight as she actually recognizes the girl as her favorite singer. And the fact that she also listening to the singer’s song right now makes her shake her head in amused, she can feel how the heat form on her cheeks. She is that fans, that always go crazy for the singer. But she manage to keep it cool, most of the times. Somehow.

It took her a few seconds to take off her eyes from that big screen as she finally notice it’s time for her to cross the street when people around her start to walking pass her. Once again she just humming, tighten her grip on one of the strap while her other hand is in her hoodie pocket. She take a step forward, walking until she is in the middle of the street and it was at that time she suddenly feel her feet lost its will to stand, let her suddenly fall to the street, kneeling. But it’s not the worst as she quickly grabbed the side of her face, clenching, when the sharp pain suddenly creep in one of her eyes. Left eye to be exact.


“H-huh?”


She stutter in confused but trying so hard to deal with the pain that becomes more visible in her left eye. She can’t help it but to gritted her teeth, prevent her to scream cause of the pain that somehow becomes hard to deal every second passed. She can feel people giving her a look but she couldn’t care much as she try to stand just to failed every times. It’s start to makes her scared.

Just what happened to her?


“Hey! Are you okay???”


She feel a hand on her shoulder, surprisingly comforting and somehow ease the pain a little bit. But the pain is still hard to deal with, as she trying so hard to lift her head and notice she been curled down on the street. And once her right eye stare straight into someone that now stare at her in worried.

It happen..


Click.


The silence suddenly fill the air, suddenly there’s no sound, and somehow her vision turn black and white as she let out the air she have no idea since when was stuck in . And to her surprise, the pain somehow fade away. Without any trace as she pull her palm off her face.


‘.. H-huh??’


She blinking her eyes a few times, thinking that she probably just have something in her eyes but her vision didn’t change. It’s still black and white except for her palm. How?


“.. What did you do?”


She snapped out of her mind once she heard that voice, just to makes her find that girl start to stand in front of her, glancing around. Notice the girl also ‘colored’ and not black and white like the background, she start to furrow her brows, confused as she staring at that girl that wearing a school uniform with purple tie and purple skirt. 

What happened??

Seeing that girl start to step back and turn around to check the surrounding, she found herself do the same, checking the surrounding just to widen her eyes and furrowed even more a second later once she notice, buildings, cars, and even people around her.. in black and white. Frozen. Except for the two.


“.. you.. stop the time?”


That girl state, hesitated as she turn to face her that still kneeling on the street. She in the other hand heard the question, but decided to not give it any response as she still stare around, too surprise and scare at the same time. And she also can find those emotions in that girl voice. Just..


“.. I-I..”


She stutter, decided to let out her voice just to notice how shaking her voice is as she look up to that girl. And the second she face that girl, she feel the air once again stuck in as she widen her eyes. And she knows, that girl somehow also react the same way as her, she also can see how that girl widen her eyes. They both seems terrifying by whatever they see in each other faces.

That one eye of each other to be exact.

She can’t help but staring at the right eye of that girl that somehow have that undone circle, in her iris, it’s purple and it’s glowing. She doesn’t know why but she can feel they’re both start to shaking by the time that girl drops some papers from her grip that she failed to notice before. And it’s not the only one she failed to notice as she can see the big screen she was stare at before crossing the street, now turn blue.. somehow. From the edge of her eyes, then..


Everything is back to normal.


It’s colored again, and everyone start to moving, crossing the street, ignoring these two that still can’t take their eyes off each other. Everything is too confusing. But one thing Jungeun sure is that she is no longer find that purple circle in that girl right eye, and that big screen no longer just a blank blue, it’s now back to normal, promoting products that Jungeun couldn’t care much at this exact moment as she watch that girl bent down to reach the papers that spreading on the street, quickly tuck in her grip before she let out her voice that surely loud enough for Jungeun to hear.


“M-may I have a moment of your time?”


And there’s how they ended up siting outside the convenience store, across each other with a can of drinks on the round table. Witnessing how awkward and tense the air between them.


“I— I’m Jungeun, Kim Jungeun. What’s your name?”


“I—I’m Yerim! Choi Yerim! Nice to meet you Jungeun!”


Yerim bow slightly, makes Jungeun immediately mimicking her before they straighten themselves and once again feel that awkward atmosphere between, and sure, Jungeun doesn’t like it as she click her tongue, try to find a word to say but Yerim beat her to it.


“.. Do you.. do you perhaps know what just happened back there, Jungeun?”


Those words slip out of Yerim’s lips as Jungeun can see how hesitant she is by the way she immediately bite her lower lip. But then, Jungeun can’t help it as she sigh heavily, running her fingers through her blonde haired.


“.. I .. I actually have no idea about what happened there”


She state, just to seeing Yerim shut her eyes tightly before she bring her arms on the table and hide her face there. Start to feel herself shaking.


“.. I.. I can’t take this anymore.. she will really vanished, for real..”


Jungeun can tell how broken Yerim is by her voice, and she actually have no idea what to do at this exact moment. Should she comfort Yerim or should she let her be? She have no idea, so she just sigh to herself, running her fingers through her hair once again in such a tired way before her gaze caught the papers on the table. The papers that once on Yerim’s arm.


‘Im Yeojin.. Missing..’


She read the words in her head as she stare at the paper that included the name, address and phone number, even price, and when Jungeun carefully stare at the girl that she assume as Im Yeojin’s face on the paper, she immediately widen her eyes and jumped from her seat. Startled Yerim in the process, but Jungeun couldn’t care less as her gaze fixed on the paper. Wondering if her eyes play a trick on her, as she narrowed her eyes, move a little closer to the paper just to jump back once again.


“What the heck?!!”


She state in shock and feel the chill creep on the back of her neck as she widen her eyes in disbelief. Her eyes still fixed on the paper, makes Yerim that furrowed her brows in confused now try to follow Jungeun's gaze, and before Jungeun can freak out even more. Yerim broken voice caught her.


“Y-you can see??”


Jungeun blinking her eyes a few times once those words come out of Yerim’s lips. Jungeun swear Yerim’s voice is so broken right now that she feel herself want to rush to her and hug her. Giving a comfort to her, but Jungeun also know she can’t as she find herself still in shock after all she see. What the heck was that? She thought, until her gaze diverted to Yerim as the latter grab one of the paper and show it to Jungeun with teary eyes. It broke Jungeun heart somehow to see how red Yerim’s eyes become.


“Y-you can see? You can see her face??? You-you can see it???”


Yerim almost choked on her breath as she start to shaking so hard, and Jungeun can see how hard Yerim tried to hold back the tears that form in the back of her eyes. But after Jungeun nod slightly to answer her questions, the tears slowly escape from her eyes. Rolled down on her cheeks as she smile bitterly, and just by that Jungeun feel a cut on her heart as she watch Yerim bring the paper to her chest, wrapped her arms around herself, she put that paper deep onto her chest, sobbing slightly. And just by hearing that sob, Jungeun walk closer, bravely bring her hands to wrapped around Yerim’s head. Run her fingers through Yerim’s dark brown hair in hope it can help Yerim to calm down, but somehow it just makes everything worse as Jungeun can feel how Yerim snuggle to her, deepened her face on her hoodie, clutching to the fabric tightly. But despite how tight and desperate it is, Jungeun can also feel how hopeless Yerim is holding onto her. Shutting her eyes, Jungeun doesn’t know why, but she feel a stab in her heart, so deeply when she see Yerim like this, even though they just met a moment ago. It feels familiar.. especially the pain in her chest.


“I-I don’t know Jungeun.. I-I don’t know what happened, she suddenly disappeared.. I asked everyone, everywhere, try to find a trace of her.. but.. but it seems like she never existed. I ask my parents about her and they thought that I was hallucinating.. I show them polaroids with me and her in them.. but they told me they just see me there.. they can’t see her..”


Yerim mumbled onto Jungeun’s hoodie, and Jungeun doesn’t know what to do except to bring the broken girl close to her, while still running her fingers through Yerim’s hair. She whispered anything she can say. Just to calm her down, she told Yerim that everything will be alright, that they will find the girl soon. And with that Yerim just nod again and again as she snuggle even closer to Jungeun that just stay quiet while let out a shh in hope to stop Yerim from crying.

After feeling Yerim start to calm down a little, Jungeun not immediately step back from her but tightened her embrace on Yerim as she took a glance to the papers and see how whatever printed on the paper start to vanished, little by little.


———


“It happened a week ago..”


Jungeun stare at the ceiling, knowing she won’t sleep anytime soon tonight as those images of Yerim crying come into her mind. Along with the words that escaped from her shaking lips.


“I— I don’t know what happened. Suddenly I feel like I will collapsed at that moment. But, I didn’t, instead I feel my right eye aching.. it hurts so much that I can’t help but scream.. Yeojin.. she was with me.. she try to calm me down, but it didn’t work. I was curled on the floor, hoping, praying the pain will just go away. But then .. I heard nothing.. I can’t hear Yeojin’s voice anymore, and the pain stop..”


Jungeun remember how Yerim take a deep breath as her voice still shaking when she told her this. She tried to stop the girl, she didn’t want to force the girl but the girl raised her hand and continue, ignoring how concerned Jungeun looks at that time.


“I was nowhere.. in purple colored.. but still it’s nowhere.. there’s only mirror as I look down, and saw that circle in my eye, glow purple.. I was so scared at that time.. I don’t know what happened, I was terrified as I look up and saw another mirror but this time a small tree grow out of it.. it’s like a .. portal.. but I’m not sure.. it just terrifying until I heard someone call for me.. Yeojin call for me and bring me back.. but when I open my eyes.. I was alone in our class. No Yeojin, even there’s no trace of her..”


Jungeun shut her eyes. Trying to steady her breath that somehow becomes uneven as those images of Yerim keep spinning in her head


“I tried so hard to looking for her, asking anyone, everywhere even make this poster.. but I’ve got no result, even people can’t see what on the poster.. they always giving me a weird look whenever I give it to them.. and then I realize.. they can’t see it.. I was the only one who can see it.. No one’s even know her except me.. it’s frustrating, and it’s scare me.. I was thinking like maybe my parents is right.. that I just hallucinating.. they brought me to professional.. but the more I went, the more I feel that something is wrong.. the more I realize that.. this is not just only my hallucination.. when I saw her presence in our polaroids vanished, just like what you seen on that poster.. I know.. the time is ticking.. no matter what, I should find her, Jungeun.. I don’t want to lose her”


Jungeun open her eyes slowly, feeling the heat in the back of her eyes as the last sentence from Yerim come across her mind.


‘I don’t want to lose her..’


She state inside her mind, but somehow she feel something tightened in her chest and she have no idea why is that. It scare her, that feeling is terrifying to her as she clenched her fist and bring her arm to cover her eyes. Sigh heavily.


It’s confusing.


And she can’t remember how she fell asleep last night, but the only thing she can remember is the weird dream that she had. It’s terrifying, how negative the air that dream brought as she see a girl stand not really far from her in that dream, with a dark beach as a background. The view itself makes her breath suddenly stuck in . In the dream she see that girl has a blonde haired, standing in the water while turning to her, smile in such a terrifying way with the blue glint in her left eye.

And that’s how Jungeun immediately woke up from her dream, sit up on her bed with cold sweat running down on her forehead. She find it hard to breath, but she try to calm down as she reach for her phone on the small table near her bed. And before she can unlock her phone, her move suddenly stop as she see her reflection on her phone screen. She can’t see her face clearly on it, but she can see how clearly her left eye glowing.


A red circle.. just like what Yerim told her..


———


The next day, Jungeun decided to meet up with Yerim again. And Yerim agree. But, Jungeun stay quiet, staring at nowhere as she finished her coffee already. She feel so tired especially after that dream, so she thought coffee might help her. But to her surprise, it just help her to stay awake. Not helping her to shut her mind that feels like chaos. Usually it will work, but guess, not today..

Also is so confusing, and Yerim’s dream didn’t help her at all. But at least she sure enough that the girl in her dream also the same girl in Yerim’s dream. Yerim told Jungeun that in her dream, she was hang out with Yeojin along with another girl that she have no idea who is it but feel familiar somehow.

Once Jungeun heard that, she feel curious and told Yerim to tell her the details about how this ‘another girl’ look, and Yerim told her, but it was far from the image of the girl in Jungeun’s dream. Jungeun almost sigh in frustration until Yerim told her about a blonde girl that put a cherry on top of the cake. It caught Jungeun attention as she once again told Yerim to give her some details of how the girl looks like. And when Yerim did, she can’t help but hold her breath..


.. she sure it’s the same girl.

———


“.. it’s confusing..”


Jungeun sigh, those words finally left her lips as she suddenly feel an invisible burden somehow lift from her shoulders, just to replace by the heavy one. Notice how tired and frustrated Jungeun is, Yerim can’t help but lower her head feel guilty somehow. She know it’s out of her control but she can’t help it. Yes, Jungeun is the one who offer herself to help Yerim looking for Yeojin. After their first meeting, they grew closer, mostly because they somehow face the same problem. And Jungeun said, it’s better to dive together into this, which Yerim agree immediately.

They’ve been try Jungeun’s suggestion to approach people with different way this time. Instead of using the posters that they know people absolutely can’t see, they try to just describe Yeojin. But it also got no result. Even when Jungeun suggest to go to Yeojin’s house, they just found there’s absolutely no trace of Yeojin. They met an old lady that basically is Yeojin’s grandmother, according to Yerim and ask the old lady a few questions just to get an answer that her grandchild die a few years ago. And to their surprise, her grandchild is a boy. She even showed them his photo as Yerim was hard to believe the information. But after see the picture, Yerim believes. While in the other hand, Jungeun have trouble breathing as the face of the boy reminds her of someone, and after a quick explanation of how the boy die.. Jungeun just frozen.


“He die in plane accident.. he was going to iceland..”


Just like Haseul. Jungeun thought.

Except that Haseul is still alive.. it’s still a mystery to her tho.. how Haseul survive? But whenever she asked Haseul, the latter also seems confused and have no idea how she even survived, but she did.

She told Jungeun that, some locals saw her not far from the burn plane, and they manage to brought her away a few moments before the plane exploded. At first Jungeun didn’t believe her, but later she just shrugged it off.. she asked this a long time ago tho, but with what the old lady has said. And the photo of that boy that somehow looks too identical with Haseul..

Jungeun feel something is off.

She plan to ask about the plane accident again to Haseul later, and maybe show the pic of that boy she took with her phone to Haseul. In case it will triggered some memories. But for now, she have something to focus on more. Which is Yerim. It’s been weeks since she tried to help Yerim but they still can’t find any trace of Yeojin and for sure, Jungeun start to find herself scare every second she took a glance to those papers. Noticing how the picture of Yeojin slowly vanished. And just by how scare she feels, she have no idea how it feels to be Yerim as she glance to the latter, find the girl shut her eyes tightly. Exhale a deep breath.

———

 

“We will find her, Yerim. No matter what..”


Jungeun state, reach for Yerim’s hand. Squeeze it lightly as she say those words, smiling in comfort, try to hide the bitter feeling once she feel a cut on her heart every time she notice how tired Yerim is. There’s a bag under the latter eyes, Jungeun sure enough Yerim haven’t got enough sleep these days. Heck, Jungeun sure Yerim can’t even sleep properly since Yeojin is missing. But despite of how mess Yerim looks, Jungeun can’t help but grin as she found Yerim’s eyes lit up, with that wide smile and positive energy that suddenly appears as she clenched her fist with that determined expression.


“Of course! We will find her! No matter what! I should give her a smack tho! How dare she mess with me! Im Yeojin you will pay once I found you!!”


Yerim state, sound kinda annoyed, and optimist at the same time, while making sure her words sounds firm enough while Jungeun can’t help but widen her grin as she found how Yerim not giving up yet. It’s relieving somehow.


“Right! We will find her! And I will have a talk with her! How dare she makes you worried like this!”


“I know right! She will pay! Just you wait Im Yeojin!!”


Yerim state, rising her voice a little while punch the air, earn a weird look from other customers as they are in their usual cafe, decided to take a break after walking around, of course to searching for Yeojin. But despite of these unwanted attention Jungeun just chuckled at her as she pull her hand off Yerim’s hand and instead messing the latter haired with that wide smile on her face


“That’s Choi Yerim that I know!”


Jungeun state proudly as she see how wide Yerim grin at her, chuckling. Seeing that, Jungeun found herself mess even more with Yerim’s hair, feels so relieved somehow. Even though she met Yerim a few weeks ago, somehow Jungeun feel like she have a strong connection with Yerim. A strong bond, like she know Yerim for a longest time. And she is sure, Yerim feel that too.


“Let’s go, we have no time to—“


“—KYA! JUNG JINSOUL!”


Jungeun words cut in mid sentence, immediately turn her head to where that voice come from just to see the ruckus that slowly but surely getting near them. It just passed them tho, as she can see that tall blonde girl she recognizes too well walking while wave her hands to people around her, along with that polite smile plastered on her face. And once her eyes meet that girl eyes, she can’t help but feel the air stuck in . She is so beautiful. Jungeun’s thought. She feel captivated by the girl as she can see the girl offer her a sweet smile before she find the girl gaze divert to Jungeun’s side. And again that small smile curved on the girl face, but sweeter.


“Oh my god..”


Jungeun heard that voice coming from  across her makes her immediately turn her head just to find Yerim gasp in admiration. The latter eyes locked on that girl that just walking passed them with a few big guy in black suit, and of course the crowd that cheering endlessly, along with that clicking sound from camera and flash lights.


“Is that Jung Jinsoul?! God, oh my god.. Oh my god Choi Yerim!!”


Yerim state to herself, widen her eyes in disbelief towards Jungeun as she still have her palm close to while her other hand fan her face that slowly but surely turns red. Jungeun in the other hand, just blinking a few times as her gaze still locked on the crowd that slowly lost from her sight before she turn to Yerim, feel dazed somehow. Realize what just happened, she can feel herself start to freak out, as she snapped out from the event and feel the heat creep to her cheeks. She slapped her face with her palms, and shut her eyes tightly makes Yerim furrowed her brows.


“God.. she is so beautiful”


Jungeun breath the words makes Yerim’s eyes lit up even though she didn’t expect that words coming from Jungeun’s lips. But somehow she feels so excited once she notice how red Jungeun’s face is.


“I know right! She is a goddess! Oh my god! I can’t believe I just saw her with my own eyes! God! I might faint!”


Yerim squealing in excitement bring her both palms now to her cheeks and smile so wide while Jungeun just nod her head in agreement, try to calm herself down somehow,


“What is your favorite song from Jinsoul??”


That caught Jungeun off guard as she raised her eyebrow to Yerim that now put her hands on the table, waiting for Jungeun to answer her question while she smile happily. And just by that, Jungeun have no idea why, but it makes her feel a bit at ease as their current situation come across her mind, but she decided to shrugged it off as it’s rare to see Yerim seems completely forgot about her situation. So Jungeun play along, Yerim deserves a break..


“Um.. Love Letter?”


“Oh! Love Letter! That song is super awesome!! Mine is Puzzle! Man! Jinsoul’s voice! I love it!!”


Jungeun let out a small laugh as she found it cute to see Yerim beaming as she talk about Jung Jinsoul and Jungeun can notice how Yerim’s eyes spark when she mention how Jinsoul’s songs seems like giving her energy in every situation. Strange enough, Jungeun can’t help but agree to that. Somehow, the singer’s songs have that kind of vibes that makes Jungeun feel like she can do anything in this world. But a second later, she see how Yerim face change. It caught her off guard as she straighten herself and take her palm off her cheek.


“Do you notice her eye patch? God.. Hope she is fine.. it’s probably from wearing too much lens since, you know.. she is busy.. Anyway! Did you listen to her new single?! Singing in the rain?!”


Yerim’s voice come back to that cheerful tone again, at the end of her words makes Jungeun smile softly. Placing her cheek on her palm once again, lean on it as she staring at Yerim,


“Yup.. good song to be honest”


“I know right! God! It’s so good! I’ve been listen to it in repeat since it release! Such a fan don’t you think?! Though I didn’t expect you’ll be into this”


Yerim smile widely towards Jungeun who just shake her head slowly over Yerim’s words. She know what the latter means by her last sentence. And to be honest, she also didn’t expect she’ll be into this too, like a fan thingy thing? Getting hype and crazy over a celebrity? She have no idea she capable to do this until one day, she stumble upon the singer’s video on youtube, it somehow caught her attention.

The singer's debut single “Love Letter” somehow hit Jungeun deep there, she doesn’t know why. But it feels like she longing for something whenever she see the singer’s face on her screen or anywhere. She have no idea what does that mean to her, but she doesn’t even bother to know. The only thing she know is just that she is the singer’s fan, now.


“I also didn’t expect it.. guess she just so good”


Jungeun smile sweetly, earn a big grin from Yerim that continues to talk about Jinsoul as Jungeun just listen to her. She feel relieved somehow to see Yerim in this state, happy, cheerful self, and not that stressful, broken Yerim she often see. Deep down, Jungeun hope she can put that smile permanently on Yerim’s face, making sure that bitter smile and tears will never appear anymore. And Jungeun know the only way to that is to find the girl..

Im Yeojin.


———


“.. Haseul?”


Haseul snapped out of her mind, sigh heavily as she realized she been spacing out while standing in front of the coffee machine. She notice the light turn green already, telling her the coffee machine is ready to used.


“Yeah?”


She responded, doesn’t bother to give the girl across the counter a glance. And that girl notice that, as she lean on the counter, narrow her eyes on Haseul.


“What’s wrong? You looked like you have a lot in your mind..”


That girl, Jiwoo state as she raised her eyebrow at Haseul that just can sigh before she finally give Jiwoo a glance and soft smile,


“It’s nothing Jiwoo.. thanks for asking. Guess I just tired..”


Haseul shrugged over her words, but what she got next is Jiwoo gasping and widen her eyes absolutely in disbelief. Somehow unhappy to hear Haseul’s words


“You should tell me sooner! God, Haseul! Go to your room and sleep! Rest! I’ll take care of this myself! I won’t let my friend work while she is tired?! No, no! There’s not in Kim Jiwoo’s dictionary!!”


Jiwoo state with determined write all over her face as she walk around the counter and push Haseul out of the counter to the second floor. Heard the words, Haseul can’t help but let out a laugh in amused as she let Jiwoo keep push her to the stairs.


“God Jiwoo, you sure you can handle this?”


“Yes ma’am! I won’t disappoint you!”


Jiwoo give her a salute, while the other hand still on Haseul’s back as the latter step on the first step of the stairs, looking back to Jiwoo just to makes sure.

The time their eyes meet, Haseul can see the determination still on Jiwoo’s face, makes her can’t help but sigh as she glancing around the room, scanning her own coffee shop. Not much people coming today, she thought. Then her eyes landed on the clock on the wall, Jungeun will also come soon, so maybe Jiwoo will be fine. She thought.


“Alright Jiwoo, I’ll leave it to—“


“Excuse me.. may I know when Kim Jungeun will come?”


That voice suddenly cut Haseul’s words, makes her eyes that been on Jiwoo now move slowly and landed on that girl with brown hair, smile politely to them as Jiwoo gaze also now on that girl.


“Oh my god! You’re so cute!!”


Jiwoo squealed, gasping as her gaze absolutely on that stranger that just widen her smile slightly before her gaze met Haseul for a few seconds before it back on Jiwoo as the latter start to mumbling under her breath,


“How on earth that Kim Jungeun so popular around pretty girls?! It’s not fairrrr!!”


“Actually I’m here to offer her some contract..”


That girl state politely, widening Jiwoo’s eyes in the process as she once again let out a gasp. It just louder this time. And in the other hand, Haseul also can’t help but widen her eyes, wondering if she just misheard. And as that girl notice the doubt in their eyes, she smile and reach a card on her inner blazer pocket, immediately give it to them


“The name’s, Wong Kahei. You can call me Kahei or Vivi as people often call me that”


The girl, Kahei or Vivi smile sweetly as Jiwoo reach for the card and took it from Vivi. Read what’s on it as fast as she can, she let out another gasp and quickly turn to Haseul that just raised an eyebrow at her, quietly ask her to say whatever it is through her gaze.


“She is from BBC entertainment! Haseul! She is from that one famous agency! Jung Jinsoul also under this agency!”


“Huh? Wait.. who?”


Jiwoo widened her eyes in disbelief at Haseul’s words while Vivi that also heard that can’t help but let out a small laugh as she find Haseul’s confused face somehow entertaining. While Jiwoo in the other hand just take a deep breath, shutting her eyes tight as she reach her phone from her apron pocket and pull it out. Still in disbelief, she type on the searching machine and tap quickly on that video once it showed at the top. Jinsoul - Singing in the rain.


“See it yourself! God, I can’t believe you don’t know her! She is goddess! She is so good! She literally perfect!”


Jiwoo state as she push her phone towards Haseul who clumsily take it, lucky the phone is safe in Haseul’s grip or else Jiwoo will give her an unbarring scold. Despite that Jiwoo actually Haseul’s employee, the latter never viewed her that way, she instead treat Jiwoo as her own little sister, along with Jungeun. Jungeun case kinda different tho, Jungeun is her childhood friend, and they happened to met again in this city after a few years with no contact. To her surprise nothing changes, Jungeun is still Jungeun from back then. The difference is Jungeun grow to be a great woman, with a very amazing voice and skill with guitar. She can’t help but shed a tears when she first saw Jungeun sing on the street. Without thinking twice she asked Jungeun to sing in her coffee shop, of course Haseul will pay for that. But Jungeun declined that ‘pay’ offer and gladly said she willing to sing in her coffee shop just because she is Jo Haseul. At first Haseul doesn’t like the idea as she force Jungeun to take the money from her, but as many times as she tried, that many times also Jungeun declined. In the end, she just give up, and instead buy Jungeun gifts like, hoodie, baseball cap, and that guitar bag Jungeun used right now. It easier for Jungeun that way, Haseul thought.

While for Jiwoo case.. it’s kinda weird to be honest. Haseul found her unconscious in that snowy day, and wake her up. She still remembers how daze Jiwoo looks, as she walk away from Haseul that just smile and watch Jiwoo’s back. She thought she won’t meet Jiwoo again after that, but to her surprise Jiwoo show up at her coffee shop, looking for a job as she just opened the shop for a few days. She gladly accepted Jiwoo at that moment by how Jiwoo immediately recognizes her, the same as she recognizes Jiwoo the first they laid their eyes on each other. And a few months after that, eventually Haseul met Jungeun on the street..


‘Woah..’


Haseul state in her mind, as her gaze now focus on Jiwoo’s phone screen as she watch the video of Jinsoul. Despite of the memory that suddenly come into her mind, she find herself admiring Jinsoul once the singer start to sing. Ignoring the two girls that just standing in front of her, Haseul keep focusing on the video, caught off guard as she didn’t expect Jinsoul to rap. She is so good, Haseul thought. And as if can read Haseul’s mind, Jiwoo smile proudly, beaming as she put her arms crossed on her chest. Somehow satisfied with Haseul not so blunt reaction.


“.. woah..”


And it eventually slipped off Haseul’s lips once the video is ended, making Jiwoo can’t help but widen her smile even more. In the other hand, Vivi just curved a tiny smile on her face until they turn around at the same times once they heard the bell that placed above the door ring, reveal that blonde girl with guitar bag on her back and a girl with dark brown hair behind her. Walking towards their direction.


“JUNGEUN!!”


That’s coming from Jiwoo that immediately rush towards Jungeun and wrapped her arms tightly around the latter. Get that sudden hug, Jungeun try to break free just to give up a second later and place her hand on top of Jiwoo’s hair. Knowing that it’s useless when it comes to Jiwoo.


“God! I miss you soooooo much!”


Jiwoo smile widely as she shut her eyes, happy to be able to see and smell Jungeun’s perfume again after .. well, hours?

Playfully jump with Jungeun in her embrace, Jiwoo eventually realizes there’s another new face near them makes her immediately push Jungeun aside, as the latter scoffed at her. Somehow Jungeun can't believe how Jiwoo just push her away as she walk towards Yerim, with spark in her eyes and bright smile.


“Hi! You must be Yerim!"


Jiwoo exclaimed excitedly, wave towards Yerim who just blinking her eyes for a few times before she return the smile, no less wide. And just by that, Jungeun swear the room suddenly feels so bright with these two smiles on their faces.


“Hello! Yeah! I’m Choi Yerim! Nice to meet you!”


Yerim state as she bow politely, while Jiwoo squealed on her spot before trapping Yerim in her embrace, jumping up and down excitedly


“Oh my god! Oh my god! You’re so cuteeee!!”


Jiwoo says, earn a shy laugh from Yerim while Jungeun just rolled her eyes at the scene. Somehow, getting used to Jiwoo call every girls cute whenever she met one. Moving her gaze to Haseul direction, she notice there’s a girl she never seen before stand not far from her. Noticing the look Jungeun gave her, Vivi just give her a smile before she reach a card from her inner blazer pocket once again, pulling the identical card Jiwoo took and give it to Jungeun. Read what on it immediately, Jungeun just can furrowed her brows as she still pay attention to what explanation is coming from Vivi’s lips. And the latter intention to meet her. Took a slight glance to Vivi before her gaze back to the card on her grip, Jungeun just sigh as she give the card back to Vivi. Earning a confused look from Haseul, and Jiwoo, even Yerim.


“Thank you for coming here. But I’m afraid I should decline your nice offer, Ms. Wong..”


Jungeun says in an uncomfortable way, but nor Haseul or Jiwoo can’t sense the hesitation in her voice. Jungeun state it firmly as if she sure with what is coming from her lips. There’s no doubt in her tone, which is also surprising for Yerim


“Wait, Jungeun.. are you sure? I mean, this is BBC entertainment! Jinsoul’s agency!”


“Right! Jungeun think about it! This chance won’t come twice!!”


Those coming from Yerim and Jiwoo as they stand on each Jungeun side, staring at the latter in disbelief, and try to makes her think again about her decision. Glance to both of them, Jungeun just sigh heavily as she run her fingers through her blonde haired


“Well.. alright then. Now I got the answer, but may I request a song from you?”


Those words coming from Vivi unexpectedly, makes the four of them now staring at her just to find her smiling. Unable to read her expression. And before Jiwoo or Yerim can say what’s on their mind as they want to ask Vivi to wait for Jungeun to maybe think about the offer, in case Jungeun will change her mind. Jungeun herself beat them,


“Okay then. As an apology, I’ll sing whatever song you want Ms. Wong..”


Jungeun grin at her as she tightened her grip on her guitar bag’s strap, earn a light chuckle from Vivi as she found Jungeun’s confidence is amusing


“Alright then..”


Vivi state, smiling to herself as she let herself think for a while with her point finger on her cheek. Jungeun in the other hand just wait patiently before her smile grow wider the time her eyes meet Vivi’s


“How about Twilight?”


———


Yerim know she won’t regret her decision to come with Jungeun to the coffee shop, she been eagerly want to come but school keeps her away from the plan. And today, after she is done with exams and all school things that somehow makes her become more stressed than she already is. For once she can feel relaxed, and give herself a break she knows she actually deserve it while staring in such an admiration at Jungeun on that mini stage, singing so beautifully while play that deep blue colored guitar.

For once she can feel the burden lift from her shoulders until she feel her right eye aching suddenly. Immediately grab the side of her face, she gritted her teeth as she glance around. Making sure there’s no one pay attention to her. And to her relieved, no one’s pay attention to her, the customers eyes are focused on Jungeun including Vivi and Jiwoo that cheering loudly as she record Jungeun’s performance with her phone. And in one glance, Yerim can see Jiwoo is live broadcasting in her social media. If it’s not because Jungeun that give her an information that said Jiwoo is popular in social media, Yerim will be furrowed her brows but instead she just sigh until her gaze meet that one certain girl. Haseul.


‘Uh, come on..’


She curved a tiny smile on her face as to greet the girl, and once Haseul see it she immediately returned it with a soft motherly smile before diverting her gaze back to Jungeun. And silently, Yerim feel glad to that as she can feel the pain getting worse in her eye.

She can’t help it as she lowered her head, bite her lower lip when her vision suddenly glitching between the coffee shop and that certain purple room. She shut her eyes, try to steady her breath that becomes uneven, but the moment she close her eyes, the images of her dream, Yeojin, that mysterious girl, and Haseul spinning in her head. She doesn’t know why Haseul also come into her mind, especially that motherly smile Haseul just give her a while ago.

It’s confusing, and before she can collapse to the floor, that certain blonde girl appears in her mind. Blue circle glowing in her left eye, staring at the cherry on top of the cake before her gaze diverted to Yerim. And just after that Yerim shot her eyes open, breath heavily as she can hear the cheers and claps around her. Jungeun’s performance has done.


‘What on earth..’


She glance around, making sure everyone is too captivated by Jungeun’s performance to notice how shaking she is.

Luckily she can hold herself this time, and not collapse to the floor. If she actually collapsed, she can’t imagine how weird Jungeun’s friend look at her. She likes them already, she doesn’t want to freak them out.

Try to keep herself together, Yerim lift her head to staring at Jungeun who just bowed to the audience with that grin on her face, it somehow ease the scary feeling in Yerim’s chest somehow, as the audience asking Jungeun to sing another song. And with that Jungeun gladly prepare herself again, ready to sing another song.. and this time is Jinsoul’s song.

 

Puzzle. Yerim’s favorite song.


———


“You wrote these songs?!”


Yerim widened her eyes in disbelief while Jungeun just laugh at her before she nod her head, earning a gasp from the girl


“What on earth Jungeun?! You should accept the offer!!”


Yerim reach for Jungeun’s shoulders and shake the latter back and forth in frustration. While in the other hand Jungeun just shut her eyes with that pressed smile on her face as she can’t help but found it funny when Yerim asked who sing Eclipse and Twilight and said she want to download it into her phone just to give her a look once Jungeun said it’s useless.

Didn’t leave Yerim hanging for too long, Jungeun told her that the songs are hers, and that’s when Jungeun find the sight of Yerim’s jaw drop is amusing.


“How on earth?! What on earth?! Jungeun!!!”


Yerim exclaimed absolutely in frustration while Jungeun eventually let out a laugh as she can’t stand how funny Yerim’s expression at this exact moment anymore. Push Jungeun away in annoyed, Yerim now grab her own hair with the same frustration she feels towards Jungeun as the latter keep laughing loudly. But it doesn’t last long until Jiwoo smack her head to makes her stop laughing. And of course after that Jiwoo will get a straight death glare from Jungeun but she just shrugged it off as she show Jungeun her phone screen.


“Thank me, you famous”


Jiwoo say those words in monotone until that wide smirk appears on her face when she see Jungeun’s eyes widen. Bring her hand to snatch Jiwoo’s phone from the latter grip, Jungeun start to scroll the comments section on Jiwoo’s phone screen while Jiwoo can’t help but laugh in victory. Curious, Yerim move closer to get a better look of Jiwoo’s phone screen which is Jungeun doesn’t mind until she can feel another grip on her shoulders. Tighter this time.


“YOU UNGRATEFUL GIRL! KIM JUNGEUN! ACCEPT THE OFFER!! SO I CAN BARG ABOUT YOU!!”


“THAT'S WHAT'S IN YOUR MIND?!”


Jungeun widen her eyes in disbelief at the statement that coming from Yerim’s lips. Get the sudden counter, Yerim just blinking her eyes a few times before she nod her head repeatedly. Jungeun can’t believe it. While in the other hand, Jiwoo laugh getting louder by the time. Yerim is so precious and innocent. Jiwoo’s thought.


“You shut up!”


Jungeun point at Jiwoo, glaring at her, but it seems unaffected to Jiwoo as a second later Jungeun decided to put Jiwoo’s phone on the table which quickly snatched away by Yerim that now scrolling the comments section with sparkle and admiration in her eyes. Watching the scene, Haseul can’t help but shake her head with that amusing smile on her face, caught Vivi’s attention somehow, as the latter raised her eyebrow.

Even though Vivi know what actually makes Haseul act that way, she play dumb.


“Something’s funny?”


Vivi asked, makes Haseul lift her head from the coffee that she makes just to move her gaze back to it a second later. A smile curved on her face


“Well.. I don’t think ‘funny’ is the right word”


Haseul state, once again makes Vivi raised her eyebrow for real this time. Notice that, Haseul just glance slightly at her before she grab the coffee and place it in front of Vivi.


“What’s the right word then?”


Vivi asked, genuinely curious this time as she watch Haseul smile at her before the latter gaze diverted to the three certain girls that sit not far from them. Chatting and teasing each other. They get along so well, that somehow warms Haseul heart as she watch them. Vivi notice how soft Haseul staring at those three girls, makes her also turn around to spare the three a glance. And once her gaze is on them, Vivi somehow know the answer makes her turn back to the counter, reaching the coffee Haseul’s made for her quietly,


“They’re precious”


It slipped from Haseul’s lips, stopping Vivi in mid motion, but a second later she just smile slightly as she bring the coffee to her lips, let that comfortable silence fill the air between them.


“Where you from?”


Haseul try to start a conversation as she clean the coffee machine near her, the time Vivi place the coffee back on the counter. Half of the coffee remained.


“Hongkong..”


“That explains..”


Haseul smile at her, softly before her gaze back to the coffee machine. While Vivi in the other hand just raised an eyebrow, questioning Haseul’s words. And once Haseul notice that, she move back to the counter, put her arms on it and stare right into Vivi’s eyes. Smiling,


“That explains why your accent sounds cute..”


It’s not an insult, almost flirting but it's also not, Vivi can tell. But Vivi can’t help but to wonder about anything else as she notice there’s something in Haseul’s eyes she can’t quite put a finger to it. So she decided to stay quiet, returning Haseul’s smile before the latter busied herself with the coffee machine again.

Vivi curious, it's like Haseul have a lot in her mind.. she want to ask, but she know better to not cross the line as Haseul let her stay for a while after the coffee shop closed.

It’s not that Vivi shamelessly stay tho, she almost walk out of the coffee shop once she notice she is the only customer left as she chat with Yerim while Jungeun, Jiwoo, and Haseul have something better to do. And once she excused herself, Yerim caught her arm, also caught Jiwoo attention from across the room.

And at that time, Vivi sure she never see anyone move faster than Jiwoo as the latter abandoned her broom and rush to Vivi. Prevent her to go, with ‘I’ll talk to Jungeun! I’ll change her mind!’ along with Yerim’s nods to convince her. Have no time to wait for her answer, Vivi can see how fast Jiwoo and Yerim run towards Jungeun that just put her guitar back to its bag.

It’s amusing, and that’s how Vivi eventually ended up siting on the counter, with Haseul as the two convincing Jungeun. Well, was convincing Jungeun..


“I have to leave..”


Vivi state softly, loud enough to only caught Haseul’s attention. Glance to the three that still busy chatting, Haseul just shake her head over them before she give Vivi an apologetic smile. But unfortunately Vivi failed to see it as she pull the card from her inner blazer pocket for the three times that night and slide it towards Haseul on the counter


“I’m afraid Jiwoo lost it by now, so I give it to you. Just makes sure give me a call if she changes her mind”


Vivi smile at her, as she earn a small nod from Haseul that immediately take the card and put it in her jeans pocket.


“Will do..”


Haseul smiled back, makes Vivi be the one who nod now. Excusing herself, Vivi slide down from her seat and leave the counter, makes sure the three girls know she is about to leave. And before the two of the three can rush to her with panic visible in their eyes, Vivi informed them that she gave the card to Haseul, and they can call her whenever Jungeun changes her mind.

And with that Jiwoo and Yerim nod eagerly while Jungeun groan, knowing her days won’t be that peaceful anymore with these two combined. And just like that, Vivi take her leave, walk towards her car that she parked a few blocks away, until she suddenly stopped her step. Caught a bitten apple on the street, and just by the sight she can feel the air around her becomes heavy out of sudden


‘Yves..’


———


Cold breeze touch her face. Let her long hair get messy by the wind. Gripping on the fence of her balcony, she stare down at the city, watching how the city lights flickering on her eyes. Smile to herself, she quietly bring the red apple to her lips. Leave a bite on it as she watching the view


‘.. New day..’


She state inside her mind before she look down her balcony, watching nothing as she reach her hand to the air, ready to let go of the bitten apple and let it fall down there.

And she did, watching the bitten apple off of her grip and fall to the air. And before it can hit whatever down there it vanished into thin air with fire that coming out of nowhere.

Seeing that, she just lift the side of her lips before she step back, walking back to her room. Until she stopped in the middle of her track, feeling that sudden heavy wind blow onto her neck.

Something is kinda off, she know as she slowly turn her head to her balcony just to find nothing there,


‘Weird..’


Glance around, she sure there’s nothing there, but the feeling there’s something is off or someone is watching her slowly creeping into her mind. But later she just shrugged it off as she close the door to her balcony, locked it until she see her reflection on the glass. But that’s not what caught her attention but someone that standing behind her.

Turn around, again she find nothing, makes her can’t help but to furrowed her brows. She know whose reflection she saw. Until later, she decided to shrugged it off and walk to her bed,


‘Maybe it just my hallucination..’


———


In the other side of the city, there’s a girl that been siting on the side of her bed, looking down at her phone screen as she watch the video that just go viral recently. A video about a blonde girl that sing in the coffee shop while play deep blue colored guitar. The girl is good, she admits as she enjoys the performance while scrolling down the comments.

But suddenly, her finger motion stop as she spot a familiar face on the screen. Found herself hard to breath at that exact moment, she quickly reach for the dot and pull the dot with her finger to rewind the video. Making sure she is not just mistaken the face.

And yeah, she is not.


“.. Well.. well.. well... “


She lift the side of her lips smiling in such a terrifying way as she stopped the video, right when the camera shot on that familiar face. Staring at that face, she can’t help but feel her grip tighten on her phone. And that’s when she accidentally turn off the phone, just to see her left eye glowing.

A blue circle.

 

 



 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 

-Well.. first chapter of the story. Hope you enjoy! And please leave comment, let me know what you think ~

Also thanks to Loobin to leave a comment before I even start the story, you make my day !!