Faith:Distrust

Re:WIND

 

What Haseul expected?

An empty street while she get there? Over all the mess that happening in that area?

Of course she won’t get it. Who she’s kidding?


“Dammit.”


It slipped out of her lips. Hearing those horns echoing around her. While she lean her head backwards. Shutting her eyes. Sigh heavily, as to calm herself down.


“What to do, Kahei..”


She state, absolutely to no ones. But to her surprise. That name rolled perfectly on her tongue.

Without she even notice. It became a habit to her. Imagining what will Vivi do when something happened. Imagining what kind of advice Vivi will give her. Imagining what if..

Vivi is still here?


“.”


Vivi won’t like it.

Vivi won’t like the way Haseul cursed. Cause Vivi know, Haseul doesn’t usually cursed. Only when something really ed up to her. Really messed up. That Haseul feels suffocating. Tired. And have no ones to lean to. Only at those times.

So whenever Haseul cursing. Vivi knows there is something’s wrong. And indeed, there is something’s wrong right now.

But Vivi not here anymore..


“.. ..”


That means Haseul can curse however she pleases, right?

Cause, everything feels so wrong to her at this moment. And Vivi not here to hold her. To calm her down. To ease whatever in her mind.

To just stay there, beside her.


“, Haseul. Stop.”


She brings both of her hands to her face. Gripping on it tightly, as if it will helps the tears to stop from rolling down on her face.

Unfortunately, it falling even more. While she gritted her teeth. Feeling irritated towards herself.

She wants to scream. She wants to swear. She feels angry. She feels scared. She’s broken. She feels like a mess. And she’s only wants Vivi to hold her. Only Vivi.

Is it too much for her to ask for?


“Haseul.”


It snapped her out of her state. Pulling her back to her senses as she quickly turn to her side. Hearing that familiar voice out of sudden.

Was it only her imagination? Cause she can hear her.

She can hear Vivi.


“I must be crazy..”


She state. Laughing at herself. But it sounds bitter, right after knowing there’s no ones beside her. She’s alone in her own car. No ones beside her. There’s no ones in the passenger seat beside her. Only a white feather she have no idea why it suddenly on—

Wait—


‘White feather???’


The realization hits her. Makes her snapped her head back to the passenger seat.

But this time her gaze fixed on that white feather. Observe it. As she remembered she also found the identical white feather this morning, when she about to pick up Vivi—


‘Is this the same feather?’


It’s not.

It looks identical, but it’s not the same feather.

Wipe the tears away. Haseul weakly reach for that white feather. Bring it close to her face. Just to notice a second later.

Someone standing there. In the small alley. A guy. White short haired. White clothes.

The guy. He looks like her—


“There’s no time. Let’s go.”


She heard a low voice in her head.

Not sure where’s that voice coming from or it just her imagination. But one thing for sure.

This guy. There’s something about him, as Haseul found herself already getting out of the car. Leaving it there. Among all those cars. With a lot of questions ringing in her head. Following that guy who just smile slightly while leading the way.

Haseul have no idea where this guy brings her. She just know there’s a tall fire wall suddenly appears behind her. Not long til’ there’s an arrow being shot to the sky.

Exploding. Like a firework, while it live coals are falling to the ground. Blending with the fire wall as Haseul watch it in awe. And right after its blending with the fire, Haseul can see there’s a barrier raised from the fire wall.

It’s in burgundy color. Transparent burgundy.


‘.. burgundy?’


Something about the color seems familiar to her. But unfortunately, Haseul have no time to think about it further. Watching how the barrier raised farther to the sky. Forming an orb til her gaze landed on that guy again. Who is a few meters ahead of her.

To her surprise, for a split of seconds she see the guy glitching. And between those glitch, she see a girl.

Long black haired. Glowing green eyes. With fire flickering on—

—it’s her.


“What the—“


Again, she have no time to think about it any further.

The guy suddenly disappeared. With those white feathers hovering around. But it’s not the same as the feather she found earlier.

It looks bigger, somehow. Looks purer. Til’ she caught that red stain.

A red stain that colored some of those feathers. And one of the stained feather landed right on her palm. The time she unconsciously raised it to the air.


‘What the..’


Now she look at it. The stain looks familiar to her. And somehow, she start to feel a twist in her stomach.

The smell. The iron smell. The color. The texture. There’s no doubt. It’s..

.. blood.


“.”


It makes her feel like throwing up. Her stomach feels bad. Really bad.

And those images that flashing rapidly in her head. Absolutely, not helping her at all.


‘. . .’


Her knees feels weak.

Her whole body feels weak. She doesn’t know how long she will last. Standing there while covering . Tightly grab on it.

Widening her eyes in fear.

Those images just getting clearer in her head. And it feels really bad when she, somehow see the body laying there. A few steps away from her. In her vision.

The body of her specific person. Ripped. Covered in red. It looks terrifying. It’s a nightmare.


‘. . . .’


She can’t hold it anymore. Her knees give up on her. Falling to the ground. Praying those images will leave her head immediately.

And it’s seems like, her prayer finally heard.

Those images suddenly disappeared from her head. Right after she heard that weird noise, coming a few meters ahead of her. Makes her unconsciously, lift her head. Opening her eyes in the process.

And, well..


“N-no..”


.. She never expected this.


“I told you.”


.. She never expected to see another nightmare, served right before her eyes.


“You can’t save everyone, Yves.”


.. She never wish for it. And yet..


‘Jiwoo? ..’


Reality is cruel.


There. A few meters ahead of her. She see something she never wish to see.

It’s absolutely terrifying.

The white wings. The white pure wings start to turn red. Getting torn by itself, disappeared, the same as that shining halo that start to turn dimmed, vanished into the thin air.

That red liquid slowly dripping to the ground. It starts to form a puddle. Right under that certain girl. The girl that looks so pale, with an image of her smile brightly flashing in Haseul’s head.

But the girl looks so far from the picture in Haseul’s mind right now. That familiar red liquid are rolling smoothly from the wounds. Rolling down from those pair of lips that used to grin happily, laugh, and enlighten everyone’s day, only with how she speaks.

Will those only be a memory to Haseul too?

Just like Vivi—


“OLIVIA HYE!!!”


That voice snapped Haseul out of her state. Pulling her back to her sense just to see another familiar girl she failed to notice before, now is dashing towards a girl Haseul never seen before. But for sure..


‘What the heck is she?’


That horn on the side of her temple caught Haseul’s attention. Along with that black single wing, that surprisingly is enough to balance the girl in the air. Flying back just to avoid Sooyoung’s beam. Pull out the spear off of Jiwoo’s body in the process, makes Sooyoung immediately catch the younger in her arms. Let her knees hit the ground instead of the younger’s weak body.


“C-Chuu.. stay with me— Chuu!”


Sooyoung’s lips are shaking. Even those fingers that scarily caressing Jiwoo’s pale face are also trembling.

And the way Jiwoo heavily breath with those blood still dripping out the wounds. Absolutely not helping Sooyoung at all.


“C-Chuu—“


“JIWOO!!”


Without Haseul even realizing. She already called out the name, rushing towards the two and see how Sooyoung snapped her head towards her. Widening her eyes in shock and surprise, watching how Haseul immediately kneeling in front of them. Her eyes are teary, and Sooyoung can see how Haseul try to hold back her tears by biting her lower lip.


“What are you doing here—“


“Stop the bleeding! We can save her! It just—“


“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! YOU WANNA GET KILLED?!”


This.

This is the first time Haseul see Sooyoung being this angry. It’s also the first time Sooyoung lashes out at her. Looking so furious even with those glassy eyes—


“DOES IT EVEN MATTER?! JIWOO IS DYING—“


“YOU THINK YOU CAN SAVE HER?!”


“I’M A DOCTOR! WE CAN AT LEAST—“


“YOU CAN’T SAVE HER!”


Sooyoung rise her voice. Shutting her eyes. Looking down, then hardened her jaw after she accidentally take out her frustration on Haseul. And Haseul decided to stay silence after that. Watching how Jiwoo’s eyes fluttering open. So weak, and Haseul hate the fact that she notice how those eyes slowly lost its light. Once it landed on her—


“H-Haseul..?”


Haseul hate how that voice breaks her heart. Stabbing her with an invisible knife, when she see how Jiwoo’s eyes looks so unfocused, staring at her.


“W-what are you doing here? It’s dangerous. You should—“


“N-no. Stop talking. You’ll be fine. I’ll makes sure you’ll be fine. Stay with us, Jiwoo—“


She can’t.

Jiwoo can’t stay with them for any longer. Haseul eventually realizes that once she reaches for Jiwoo’s hand. Seeing how the veins are black at the back of the younger’s hand.


‘No..’


But Haseul doesn’t want to believe that.

She doesn’t want to believe that. Not until she rolled up Jiwoo’s shirt, shakily. Just to see that hole right in the middle of Jiwoo’s chest. Blood is all over the sight. But one thing that catch Haseul attention, is that—


“Told you.. you can’t save her.”


There’s a thorn. Coming out of Jiwoo’s body. Slowly but surely.


“W-Why?? H-H—How? How—“


“Stay with her, I will—“


“.. Let’s just run, Yves.”


Everything suddenly feels heavy.

As if the time is frozen and the wind stop blowing. Just after those words weakly slipped out of Jiwoo’s lips. Staring at Sooyoung with those dimmed eyes. 

Jiwoo’s breath is unsteady. And surely, Jiwoo’s face looks paler than before. But surprisingly, she still manage to move her hand. Gripping tightly onto Sooyoung’s shirt, knowing what Sooyoung about to do once she notice how the older start to let go of her. Leaving her with Haseul there, while she—


“You can’t fight her alone, Yves. Let’s just run.”


It’s the fact. And Sooyoung knows it.

But she’s won’t back off now. Not after seeing someone that means so much to her is dying right in front of her. Right on her arms.

She can’t just run. She won’t. Not before giving that girl what she deserves.


“I’m sorry..”


With a weak smile, and a long kiss on Jiwoo’s head. Sooyoung decided to look up at Haseul. Signaling the latter to come closer and take Jiwoo off of her arms. Ignoring how that hand is still gripping tightly on her shirt.

Get even tighter the next second, once Jiwoo notice that familiar warmth is no longer around her.


“Yves—“


“I love you.”


That was unexpected.

Sooyoung never meant to say that out loud. But knowing this is absolutely the last chance she have, to tell Jiwoo what she actually feels. Makes her can’t help but feel her heart breaks.

She even can feel how her heart drops at the sight of Jiwoo, shedding tears over her words. Even Haseul who look up at her, can’t help but widened her eyes. Sooyoung can’t quite guess what gaze Haseul’s give her. And yet, Sooyoung have no time to think about it.

Reaching for Jiwoo’s hand that still on her shirt. Sooyoung tightly hold onto it.

For one last time. It feels cold. But Sooyoung hope, Jiwoo can feel the warmth. From her. For one last time.

Til’ she released Jiwoo’s grip off of her shirt. Placing it right on top of Jiwoo’s body who weakly shake her head. Telling Sooyoung to just listen to her this time. But Sooyoung just smile at her. Get up from the ground, and take a step forward. Ignoring how those tears rolling down even more from Jiwoo’s eyes. Even with how dimmed those eyes are.

It hurts to see. But Haseul can’t do anything about it. Especially after Sooyoung pat on her shoulder. Walking pass her and whisper.


“Take care of Jiwoo, for me.”


No one ever expects, it will turn out like this. No one want this. No one wish for this. And yet, here they are. Desperately hoping this is just a dream.


“Finished saying goodbye?”


Maybe..


“I’ll make you pay.”


Just maybe.


“Yves!”


It’ll be different..


“I’m happy being with all of you!”


If she didn’t leave this girl back in Eden.


“Why Yves?”


Everything will be different.


“OLIVIA HYE!”


With that, Sooyoung dashing towards the said girl who just smirking. Dashing towards Sooyoung a second later, just to let their fist meet each other. Causing a wind to appear around them.

So strong that makes Haseul hold tightly onto Jiwoo. Deeply hoping they won’t get blown by the wind—


“HASEUL!”


Failed to notice how her head already inside the wolf’s mouth. With those sharp fangs, around her head.


“.”


But the pain never come.

Her head still glued with her body, as she see a beam flashing right before her eyes. Throwing the wolf backwards. While she still frozen there, try to process what just happened.

Til’ she heard a cough coming from Jiwoo. Makes her immediately look down. Getting her sense back, just to see Jiwoo grinning at her.


“Been a while since the last time I heard you cursing.”


Haseul will miss that chuckle.

Even though she hate how red is coloring Jiwoo’s beautiful face even more now.

But yeah, she will miss everything about this girl. And she makes sure she carve that beautiful smile in the deepest place in her heart and mind.


“If you have that much energy to shot a beam. Better use it to stay awake”


Haseul stated. Lifting Jiwoo in her arms as she planned to bring Jiwoo to the safer place. Away from those wolves that already have their eyes on her.


“That’s.. actually my last. Sorry.”


Jiwoo smile at the end of her words. Her eyes get more dimmed than before. And it gets even more unfocused too. She even can feel how her eyelids gets heavier every second passed.

She doesn’t want to admit it. But it gets harder to just keep her eyes open at this moment.


“I won’t leave you.”


And yet, she haven’t tell Haseul that, yet. But guess, Haseul know her too well.


“I won’t let those wolves doing the same thing to you.”


‘.. oh’


“Kahei won’t be happy if I let the thing that happened to her, happen to you too.”


‘.. She knows’


“Vivi’s lucky..”


Jiwoo state under her heavy breath. Smile weakly, as those words also coming too low from her lips. But Haseul still manage to catch it. Frowning, turning to Jiwoo with a questioning look.


“What do you mean?”


Just to witness that bitter smile on Jiwoo’s face. Eyes closed, just to open again the next second.


“Having idiots like you two, fighting for her.”


It also sounds bitter. Sounds so broken, coming from Jiwoo.

Haseul notice it, but she decided to not pay much attention to it. Instead, she tightened her hold on Jiwoo. Facing those wolves that seems ready to coming after them.


“You know what, Jiwoo?”


She doesn’t know if she’s strong enough to carry Jiwoo while being chase by those wolves. But at least she needs to try. Despite knowing how her stamina is so low compare to anyone.


“You’re lucky too..”


Take a first steps away. Haseul try to breath steadily. Try to use her stamina as wise as possible. While Jiwoo just stay quiet in her hold. Blink weakly, til that mocking smile curve on her face.


“Sooyoung loves you, so much. I can feel it”


Right after those words leave Haseul’s lips.


“I know..”


Jiwoo said. Leaning towards Haseul’s chest once she feel her eyelids gets heavier even more.


“That’s why I hate her.”


She can’t hold it anymore.


“I hate her for making me feel the same way, even after everything.”


She can’t stay for any longer.


“Guess, I just love her too much.”


One last breath. One last sentence. One last smile. Til’ everything start to vanished. The emotion. The light. The warmth.

She’s gone.


“Oh..”


Everything suddenly feels so cold. Gets even heavier. The air around them, somehow feels suffocating.


“At least you manage to say goodbye to her, right?”


Only that evil laugh echoing in that deadening silence.

Very contrast with the both of them who frozen on their own spot. Try to deny whatever that is happening right now.

She’s gone. She’s really gone.

Their eyes wide. Their own breath hitched. Getting stuck in their dry throat. Their body start to shaking.

In fear. Anger. Frustration. Despair.

Right after that red rose blooming on top of Jiwoo’s chest. Telling them the truth they want to deny so bad. But they can’t.

At the end of the day, it’s the truth anyway.


“So what you gonna do, Yves?”


Again, reality is cruel.


“You er.”


Sooyoung gritted her teeth in anger. Stare sharply at that girl, who just smirking even wider. Watching how Sooyoung’s eyes start to change.

That normal color eyes now turns into burgundy color. The same time as the halo above her head is shining even brighter. Start to change and now circling around her temple. Pressing onto her head that makes blood start to rolling down on her face.

That girl knows what’s happening right now, as she lowered her brows. Put on her guard, smiling, staring coldly at Sooyoung who staring back at her even more.


“I don’t want to hear you say that Eden name again.”


Extra wings appear behind Sooyoung. Six wings in total. That shining halo now change into something else. Forming a shape.

Crown of thorns.

This is Sooyoung final form. As descendants of Eve, and the next Seraphim.

The highest angel of Eden. Against descendants of Lucifer, Olivia Hye.


“Same goes for me.”


Or let’s just say..


“Olivia Hye is dead. It’s Son Hyejoo now.”


Son Hyejoo. The girl, who smiling at the end of her own words. Her eyes immediately change too. Turn red while staring right into Sooyoung’s burgundy’s eyes.

And the next second, the strong wind appears once again. The time they’re dashing towards each other. In a high speed.

While in the other side, with those wolves surrounding around. Haseul just stay frozen. Knees on the ground. Eyes wide, looking down at the girl in her arms. Eyes closed. Emotionless face. The body start to feel cold by the time. And that red rose that coming out of nowhere.

Blooming on her chest.


‘What..’


She doesn’t know what’s the rose meant. But once she notice how she can’t hear that heavy breath anymore. She knows something is wrong.


“J-Jiwoo.. h-hey, Jiwoo..?”


She knows she can’t trust her voice. It’s shaking. Stuttering. While she shaking the body. But there’s nothing.

There’s no response. Even with how hard she shaking the body now. There’s still no response. She knows what’s this mean. But she doesn’t want to admit it. She doesn’t want to believe it.

There’s no way she lose someone. Again. This soon.


“J-Jiwoo— h-hey! Jiwoo?! Wake up!”


But who she’s kidding. This is reality. This the truth. What she can do?

She’s gone. Just like—


“JIWOO!!!”


She shout the name. Absolutely in despair. Bring the body closer to her chest. Hold it tightly in her arms. And failed to notice how those wolves are in the air, jumping towards her. Ready to pounce on her. While she bury her face onto Jiwoo’s hair. Screaming her heart out in silence. Over her own situation.

Haseul doesn’t care anymore. She doesn’t care about herself anymore. It’s too much for her. It’s really too much.

And she had enough—


“You can’t die yet.”


That low voice suddenly can be heard. Makes Haseul immediately shot her eyes open. Seeing a girl kneel in front of her. Til’ she notice that red liquid, spilling in the air.

Coming from behind her. Along with a sound of something being cut. Makes her slowly turn her head backwards, widening her eyes when she see the back of a girl. She can’t believe what she just witnessed at this exact moment. But for sure she see.

This girl. Cutting those wolves body. With nails.


“Thank you, Hyunjin”


‘H-Hyunjin? W-who??’


“That was close..”


The girl, Hyunjin state. Turn to Haseul who still has her gaze fully on her. Too amazed and scared of what Haseul just seen. Especially after she notice how those parts of the now cut body of the wolves, are falling on the ground. Making such a disgusting sounds.

But that Hyunjin looks unbothered, splashing those blood off her nails to the ground. While Haseul just can blinking her eyes, hard. Noticing how sharp the girl’s nails are and deeply try to proceed what just happened, til’ she heard a ruckus coming from in front of her.

Makes her turn forward again, found the other girl now is standing. Staring in the distance with her one hand on the waist.

If Hyunjin looks like a cat. For Haseul this other girl somehow resembles a bunny.

Somehow.


“Yeah, but at least we make it on time. That’s the only thing matter”


The bunny girl state. Glance slightly to Haseul who staring at her. Absolutely notice how Haseul is start to wonder who they are.

She can’t blame Haseul tho, she would also questioning the same thing if this happened to her. Like they just showed up out of nowhere. Cutting those wolves that she also knows won’t die that easily.


“We need to find a safe place.”


The bunny girl state. Staring at the Hyunjin girl who just nod over that. Again earning a confused look from Haseul. Who can’t help but startled when Hyunjin kneel beside her. Taking Jiwoo off of her arms.


“H-hey? What are—“


“Talk later. We need to go. Get on my back.”


The bunny girl immediately kneel in front of Haseul, again. But back facing the latter this time. Gesturing Haseul to hurry get on her back. But Haseul doesn’t budge. Still too confused of what just happened.

Who those girls are? Why they help her?


“Hurry! The wolves will regenerate soon!”


And with that Haseul flinch on her spot. Turn backwards just to see how those parts of the wolves are slowly move towards each other. With those red strings attached to each part, try to unite with one another.


“!”


It slipped out of her lips. Makes her hurriedly encircled her arms on the bunny girl neck, who immediately get on her feet. Looking up, searching for a highest building near them. And when she find it, she immediately put on her stance. Makes Haseul quietly furrowed her brows at that.


‘What she’s do—‘


And before Haseul can finish the sentence in her mind. She found herself already in the air.

This bunny girl just dashing into the air. So fast. So high. 


“WHAT THE HECK?!”


Even Haseul can see the rooftop of the building right now. It’s the highest building near them.

The highest building.

This is insane.


‘Is she even human?!!’


Haseul scream in her mind. Shutting her eyes when she can feel and see they’re start to falling.

Even though she knows they will falling on top of the building. Still, it’s scary. Especially when Haseul think they’re will crash onto the rooftop. Knowing it only makes sense if they’re both break their bones when they landed. But again—


‘Who the heck is this girl?!’


Is that girl even human?


“Guess this high enough. The wolves will have a hard time to find us, at least for a few minutes, I guess—“


“W-who are you??”


It slipped out of Haseul lips. Get off of the bunny girls’ back,  who just tilt her head towards Haseul the next second. Staring.

It makes Haseul mentally smack herself tho. Knowing she shouldn’t talk like that when this girl just saved her. But Haseul can’t help.

She needs to know what is actually happening right now.


“Let’s talk after—“


The girl cut her own words. Just the time when Haseul can see not far from where they’re standing. The Hyunjin girl just landed on the rooftop. Safely with Jiwoo on her arms.


“Jiwoo?!”


And the sight of the said girl makes Haseul can’t help but immediately rush towards Hyunjin, who carefully place Jiwoo on the ground. Looking up just to found Haseul immediately kneel beside the body. Take one of the hands just to notice how cold it felt against her palms.


‘.. Jiwoo’


Haseul called the name in her head. Staring deeply at that pale, emotionless face while she bring the hand to her cheek. Hardened her jaw, just the time she can feel the heat at the back of her eyes.

But this time, she failed to hold it in. Letting those tears streaming all over her face. Rolling down onto that cold fingers, while she start to curled down. Gritted her teeth.

Feeling so frustrated over everything. Over the situation she’s in.


“I’m sorry Jiwoo. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry..”


Everyone’s know it’s not Haseul’s fault.

Even Haseul herself knows that. But she can’t help but to feel sorry. It makes her feel mad, at herself.

Mad at how everything suddenly turns like this. It makes her feel so useless. Knowing she can’t do anything besides watching.

Watching how one by one, anyone’s that means to her start to leave. Never coming back. And the worst part is.

She have to watch them leave. With her own eyes. In such a short of time.


“I’m sorry, Jiwoo. I’m sorry..”


This is not fair. How could this is fair for her when—


“Do you want to save her?”


It snapped her out of her state. Out of sudden. Pulling her out of her mind, the time she feel a pat on her shoulder, found that bunny girl now is kneeling next to her.


“You can save her, if you want”


What?


“H-how?? S—Sooyoung said, I—I can’t—“


“The now you can’t save her. But the real you can”


The bunny girl state casually. Staring at Jiwoo for a few seconds before her gaze fixed on Haseul. Who also staring back at her. Still confused.


“I know it’s quite late, but the name’s Jeon Heejin. You can call me, Heejin. And that girl is Kim Hyunjin”


The bunny girl, Heejin pointing out at the girl across with her chin. Makes Haseul immediately follow the gaze, found Hyunjin slightly nod her head. Eyes at Haseul.


“Hyunjin.”


The said girl state. Makes Haseul can’t help but nod.


“Jo Haseul. Just Haseul is fine.”


She state. Feeling weird somehow. Especially after she notice how she’s already stop crying. The cold hand is no longer touch her cheek.

But she’s still hold on it. Tightly.


“Alright, Haseul. Just like what I said. You can save her.”


Heejin start. Makes Haseul tilt her head towards the direction. Meeting Heejin’s eyes, who staring deep into hers. Til’ she see that small smile curve on the latter face.


“Only if you kill yourself.”


———


Fists meet fists. Kicks meet kicks. The fight seems even.

Til’ Sooyoung manage to hit Hyejoo on her face. Throwing her back, with such a strength.

But in the other hand, Hyejoo manage to get her composure back. Let her feet touch the ground, to slowing her movements. And unfortunately, to Hyejoo’s surprise. She didn’t expect Sooyoung will suddenly appear right in front of her. Grabbing her head with both hands. And hit her chin with a knee. Throwing her towards the sky this time.

And it doesn’t stop there. With Sooyoung’s six wings spreading behind her back. She follow after Hyejoo. Attacking Hyejoo’s body while being in the air. So fast. That Hyejoo barely can dodge it or just predict the movement.

It left Hyejoo with no choice but to take all the hits with her body. Gritted her teeth and harden her jaw when she recognized that iron taste in .

She have no choice.

Especially when she see Sooyoung hovering above her, from the gap of her arms that she put in front of her face. She was trying to minimize the damage Sooyoung gave her. But after she see the sparks, start to forming above Sooyoung’s right palm.

Hyejoo knows she can’t take all of this any longer.


“.”


It slipped out of Hyejoo’s lips. Just the time she see Sooyoung swinging her arm towards her. Along with a huge fire ball that coming out from also the huge portal in the sky, falling right towards Hyejoo who just can widened her eyes when the dead heat touch her skin. Burning.

Gritted her teeth. She start to feel pain all over her body. And this huge fire ball weighing on her, is absolutely not helping her at all. Pushing her down, letting her back is blown onto the ground. So hard. That she can’t help but winced in pain. Let blood slipped out through her teeth.

And again, it doesn’t stop there.

Right after her body hits the ground. The fire ball is exploding. Like, a mini nuclear. Crushing everything around it. Shaking the ground, and create that strong wind. Blows for miles, reaching Sooyoung who still hovering in the air.

Doesn’t budge, while looking down at the huge mark she just made on the ground down there. A huge circle with those thick smoke still blocking that certain girl from her vision.

And it doesn’t long, til’ she found Hyejoo dashing out of the smokes. Create a hole on that smokes as she flying towards Sooyoung who immediately put her arms in front of her face. Dodge Hyejoo’s fist, once she notice how Hyejoo is ready to attack.

And yet, she’s right. It just, Sooyoung didn’t expect Hyejoo will attacking her again and again. Punching her, right onto her arms, like a wrecking ball, that trying to knock down a wall. And when Sooyoung notice there’s a slight crack on the wall. She immediately flying back. Create a quite big distance. Makes Hyejoo miss her hit the next second.

Sooyoung knows, this is upsetting for Hyejoo. But this is a chance for her. She knows Hyejoo is good at close combat. And it’s absolutely a disadvantage for Sooyoung who’s good at long range combat.

She can’t get too close to Hyejoo.

Not right now. Or else, it will be the end of her. Especially when she notice Hyejoo have two wings now.

She’s getting closer to her final form. And Sooyoung can’t let that happen.


“Oh, feel threatened already?”


Hyejoo state. Smirking. Seeing that light particles start to appear around Sooyoung’s palm. But Sooyoung just stare, stretched her hand out towards Hyejoo.


“I’ll be lying, saying no to that.”


The bow start to forming from those light small particles. As Sooyoung get in the right posture. Moving her fingers from her wrist, as if she’s pulling something out of it. Forming an arrow which also still in light form. Til it changed into a pure gold arrow. The same as the bow.

It’s the same bow and arrow as before. But somehow, Hyejoo can tell this weapon carrying its own strength. Since Sooyoung is already on her final form. With that crown of thorns pressing even more onto her head. Let that red liquid to finally reach her chin. Its getting adds up every seconds. Dropped down off her face.

Sooyoung know, she shouldn’t waste too much time. Heck, she shouldn’t take too much time. She needs to beat Hyejoo, as soon as possible. Or else, it will be too late for her. Since she knew, the more she forced herself, the more she fight, the crown will get pierced even deeper into her head.

It will kill her soon.

So, before it kills her eventually. She needs to kill Hyejoo first. Put an end into this and die peacefully.


‘What a perfect scenario.’


Sooyoung smile to herself. Aiming her arrow towards Hyejoo who already on her guard. Ready to dodge, when she see Sooyoung finally released her arrow. 

And in that split of seconds when Sooyoung released her arrow, somehow she see a little girl in her vision. Black haired. A huge smile over her cold feature. Those eyes which staring at her. It doesn’t looks as cold as usual, it looks so warm at that moment.

Is she hesitates?


“Yves, look what I found!”


Everything was going so well.


“Why, Yves?”


So, why now?


“You said I should have faith. And you symbolize the faith, but why..”


Why those memories suddenly come into her mind?


“Why you don’t have faith on me?”


Is she.. scared—


“WHY YVES?!”


She snapped herself out of her mind. Widening her eyes when she see her arrow is moving so fast towards Hyejoo.

The arrow is splitting in the air. Create a hundred— no, a thousand arrow that ready to attack Hyejoo who just can look up. Watching those thousand arrow hovering in the air, til it dashing towards her.

Raining on her. Piercing into her body.

While Sooyoung is there, watching those blood splashing in the air as the arrows scratch on Hyejoo’s skin, stab her.

Sooyoung knows no matter how strong Hyejoo is, as long as the latter not in her final form yet. Sooyoung still can handle her. Sooyoung still can beat her.

It’s all about timing. And maybe..

Sooyoung misses it.


“You’re weaker than the last time I remember.”


That cold voice can be heard. Startling Sooyoung on her spot, just the time she see that electricity flashing right next to her face. Leave a cut on her cheek as she widened her eyes in disbelief.

How can she forget?


‘No way.’


There, Sooyoung caught a glimpse of Hyejoo. With those arrows pierced all over her body. Blood floating in the air. Such in slow motion, as Sooyoung can feel her breath hitched at the sight.

She never expected it. Sooyoung never expected she will see that sight of Hyejoo, she used to see when they’re still on Eden.

That halo is shining bright above Hyejoo’s head, even with that single horn on the side of her forehead. And to Sooyoung’s surprise, the other black wing on Hyejoo’s back now, start to changed. Turns white as Hyejoo stretched her hand out towards Sooyoung.

Then it was at that time, Sooyoung can hear a rumble coming from behind her. Coming from the sky, as she turn to the direction. Just to widening her eyes when she see a dark clouds above her. Circling, with those lightning flashing inside. She knows what this means.

This is Hyejoo’s power as the next Cherubim.

The second highest angel of Eden.


“Boom.”


With a bright flash. The same time as Hyejoo closing her palms in the air. The huge lightning release from that black cloud. Hitting Sooyoung right on the spot as Hyejoo smiling over the view. Watching how the lightning getting even brighter, with those electricity are sparkling around.

The view is scarily beautiful. If just there’s no one being electrocuted there. Jolting with her body electrified. Body vibrating. Sharp pain running through it.

It only last for such a short amount of time.

But it’s enough to makes Sooyoung almost lost her consciousness. Falling to the ground while her body still jolting by the electricity that still remains in.

She can’t use her wings. They’re useless now. And Hyejoo just watch how Sooyoung’s body hitting the hard ground down there. Create another circle, even though it’s more smaller than the one Sooyoung created.

But with how Sooyoung can’t immediately move her body, and just winced in pain. Hyejoo knows, her power is more stronger and dangerous than Sooyoung’s.

Maybe that’s also why Eden is scared of her. Including Sooyoung, Jiwoo, and—


“Just die.”


Hyejoo whisper in the air. Pulling an arrow off her shoulder and let it covers by a black smoke. Turning it into a spear like the one she pierced into Jiwoo’s body before.

The hole on her shoulder, it start to close by itself. With a red strings like the one Haseul seen on those wolves. It just, it heals Hyejoo quicker. Like it should tho, since Hyejoo is the master of those wolves. And if the wolves can regenerate, so does Hyejoo.

Maybe it’s an advantage from being the descendants of Lucifer.


“Go.”


The advantage she never asked for.


“.”


With a single stomp, Sooyoung forced herself to sit up. Watching how those black spear are falling on her direction.

Spreading her wings, after dodge a few spears by rolling to her side. She start to fly lowly to avoid those spears, which chase after her. In high speed as she fly faster. Getting behind a rock and ruins building.

But still, those spears are chasing after her. Knock down a wall in the process makes Sooyoung gritted her teeth in annoyed. This is also one of Hyejoo’s power. As descendants of Lucifer. She can copy anyone’s power.

And this time its Sooyoung’s power. The arrows from earlier are actually chasing after its target. But since Hyejoo didn’t even run from it. There’s no need for the arrow to—


‘Wait. That’s it!’


With a single turn. Sooyoung landed on her feet. Slowing her movement as she facing those spears that are coming her way.

Doesn’t even feel the need to waste any more time. Sooyoung stretched her arms forward, forming a light particles on her palm.

She understands why Hyejoo can escape from her deadly attack before. It’s because her attack are too deadly. The arrows are chase after the target, but there’s too much arrows and the target is too small for all the arrows to hit.

That means, before it can reach the target it will rubs together, destroying each other. Since the distance, and the space is getting smaller when the arrows are getting closer to the target.

Only a few arrow can reach the target. Only a few spears can reach Sooyoung. And before it can reach Sooyoung. The beam that coming from Sooyoung’s palm is ready to get rid of those all.

And this time, Sooyoung doesn’t missed the timing.

The beam is destroying all those spears at once. Stronger, leaving a trace to a few meters away from where Sooyoung is standing. Til’ it disappeared into a thin air. With Sooyoung panting, blood rolling down on her face. It’s getting more, almost covered all parts of her face. But she couldn’t care less. She should beat her. She should beat Hyejoo.

Who else can stop this other than her?


“Should I give her a hand?”


From the other side. Out of sudden.

That’s coming from Hyunjin. Palm on her chin, watching how those two angels from Eden are chasing after each other on the sky. Fighting. Haven’t notice her presence yet. And actually it’s quite surprising for Hyunjin.

Maybe they’re just too focus on their fight. Or Heejin’s power is too good at covering their presence. And speaking of Heejin—


“She’ll be fine. Olivia Hye haven’t reach her final form yet. So it won’t be too difficult for Yves to handle her.”


Heejin state, walking towards Hyunjin who just nod at the words. Looking down this time. Watching those wolves wandering around not far from where they are.


“Yves also haven’t reach her final form yet, right?”


It slipped out of Hyunjin lips. Her gaze still fixed on those wolves. While in the other hand Heejin just glance at her, before she looking at the distance. Watching those angels, who still fighting, get heated up every seconds.


“Not yet.”


Heejin gaze fixed on Sooyoung from afar. Watching how the latter gritted her teeth. Attacking Hyejoo and dodging.


“Not until she knows her sin”


Heejin adds. Her gaze still focus on those two angels for a few moments.

Til’ she decides to turn around. Gaze landed on those two girls on the floor. Holding hands. With that rose between them. While in the other hand, Hyunjin who notice where’s Heejin looking at right now, just follow. Let her gaze fixed on the two too. 

Quietly recalling what happened a few moments ago.


“Only if you kill yourself.”


That coming smoothly from Heejin’s lips. Makes Hyunjin look up at her. Found that small smile there.


“.. what?”


But it looks very contrast with Haseul, who now staring at Heejin in such a ridiculous way. Found Heejin’s words are so random. And to be honest, Hyunjin will find it random too. If only she’s an innocent like Haseul.

Unfortunately, she’s not.


“Look, Haseul. You can believe me or not, but this is the only way you can save her..”


Heejin start. Stretched her hand out. Plucking the rose off of Jiwoo’s chest. That’s makes Haseul want to rage out at her. Asking her what she’s doing. But once those words leave Heejin’s lips. Haseul holds herself.


“If you want to save her. You should kill yourself. Awakening your inner power and comeback.”


It makes Haseul shut somehow.

Looking down at the rose Heejin handed towards her. She doesn’t quite understand what Heejin means by that. And she can’t help but frowned, still trying to process everything in her poor head.


“Time is ticking, Haseul—“


“W-what should I do?”


And before she realizes what she just said. The words are slipping out of her lips. Leaving her with that mixed feeling as she staring at Heejin, who again, curving a smile on her face.


“Eat the rose and sleep. We'll wait for you here. Don’t worry.”


Heejin put the rose onto Haseul’s free hand. Watching Haseul looking down at that, while she back off a bit. Giving Haseul a space she needs, til those gaze that still full of doubt are fixed on her.

But the next second, Heejin can see the determination there. Makes her can’t help but smile wider. Somehow comforting Haseul who slowly tilt her head towards Jiwoo. Staring at the latter for a few seconds before her gaze back on the rose.

Hyunjin can see how shaky Haseul’s hand is, bringing the rose to her lips. Ready to bite on the petals, while knowing nothing about what will welcoming her on the other side.

It makes Hyunjin feel the need to praise her for the courage, somehow. Especially after she see Haseul slowly munching on the petals. Shutting her eyes, before swallowing on it.

There’s nothing happening. And it’s kinda confused Haseul. But Hyunjin, and Heejin know.

It just not happening, yet..


“.. Are you serious a—“


And before Haseul can finish her sentence. She lost her consciousness. Falling back, as Heejin immediately move forward. Catching the back of Haseul’s head before it hit the ground. Placing it carefully there as Hyunjin just watching from the side.

Til’ she feel that strong winds blows onto them. Makes her tilt her head to the side, seeing that big explosion like nuclear in the distance.


“It’s them?”


Heejin asked, almost like try to get a confirmation from Hyunjin who immediately get on her feet. Nodding in process. Before she turn towards the explosion direction. Stare at it, as her eyes somehow turns yellow the next second.


“Now we wait for the princess..”


———

 

“W-who are you?”


The air feels so tense in that room.

It’s only them there, Yeojin and Yerim, along with that certain girl underneath the white fabric on the bed. Then that stranger who just walked in, a few moments ago. Telling everyone to get out of the room except for the two. And to their surprise, everyone were following her words. Like an order, while calling this stranger, a princess.

Like.. princess? Out of nowhere?


“Hey! I’m talking to—“


Yeojin stepped out. Grabbing the stranger on her arm. Manage to stop the latter steps, and tilt her head towards Yeojin who start to glaring.

But the next second that happen, is beyond what Yerim can expect. Out of sudden, Yeojin is already on her knees. Her grip still on the stranger’s arm, looking up with fear written all over her face.

What happened?

That stranger just stare at Yeojin and then Yeojin is on her knees? Looks so scary over.. nothing?


“Yeojin!”


Yerim immediately rushing towards Yeojin. Kneeling beside the latter who still has her gaze fully on the stranger. While in the other hand, that stranger just continues walking towards the bed. Right after Yeojin’s grip loosing from her arms.


“Yeojin! Yeojin!”


And it seems like Yeojin can’t hear Yerim’s voice at the moment. Even with how hard Yerim shakes her body, Yeojin still doesn’t budge. Eyes still on that stranger. Makes Yerim can’t help but bite her lower lip. Start to feeling nervous over the situation.

She doesn’t know what to do. Yeojin seems like she can’t hear her or see her. The gaze glued on that stranger. Doesn’t even blinking, even when Yerim wave her palm closely to Yeojin’s face.

Yeojin still in her earlier position. Doesn’t move a single inch. But that fear is getting clearer on the younger face somehow.


‘What is happening??’


Yerim questioning. Start to feel scared too, as her gaze move to that stranger who just stretched out her hand towards the white fabric. Grabbing on it.

And when the stranger is about to pull the white fabric off—


“What are you doing?!”


Yerim shout at her. Out of sudden. Surprisingly, startled herself too when she realizes what she just did. Just at the same time as that stranger turns to her. Staring right into her eyes.

Is this what Yeojin feels?

The feeling of someone that somehow stare deeply into your soul? Like.. unfolding every secrets that you have, right in front of your face? And you can’t do anything about it but watching?


“Back off. I don’t want to hurt you”


That voice snapped Yerim out of her state. Makes her blinking for a few times. Looks so confused, staring at that stranger.

Don’t get her wrong, she just doesn’t expecting that stranger voice will be sounds this..

Crunchy??


“H-huh? I-I.. WHAT ARE YOU DOING—“


Without a time to think further. And judging the stranger quietly in her mind. Yerim found herself shouting at that stranger, again. Right after she saw the stranger pulling the white fabric off of that certain girl body. Makes her immediately get on her feet, only to shut herself the next second.

The view that serving right in front of her right now, is something Yerim never expected to see even in thousand years.


“I knew something is strange. But I didn’t expect this”


The stranger state. But Yerim just ignored it. Hesitantly walking closer to the bed, just to makes sure her eyes aren’t playing a trick on her.

And yet, there’s no trick. It’s real. Her eyes telling her the truth. Right now, the body that she knows was in the worst condition that she didn’t have a heart to see the first time see walk into this room, is somehow looks so different from what people described.

Yeah, Yerim not so sure about the body, since she didn’t see it. But she sure about one thing.

She remembered there’s scratches on the girls’ face the last time she see it. Before it covered by the white fabric the entire time. Til’ this stranger walked in. Pull the fabric off. And showing Yerim, how those scratches aren’t there to be seen anymore.


“.. What?”


Replacing by a very smooth face. Without any scratches.

The body, there’s no wounds in sight. There’s no ripped wounds. Only that shining color lines that somehow caught Yerim’s attention. As she also found those black cables, connects the shoulders to the upper arms, to the forearm and the hand. At the first glance, all Yerim can say when she see this girl is—

She’s doesn’t looks like human. She looks like an android.

With those black cables that connects each part of the body. That shining color lines flickering all over it. That somehow pink haired, when Yerim absolutely remember the hair was brown before.

And lastly, that thing which planted deep into the girls’ chest. Something in rectangle shape. Shining, with the two circles inside. It’s in black, circling. And if Yerim observed the thing carefully, those circles looks like tape reels—


“WAIT! HOLD ON!”


The realization hits her. As she intentionally push the stranger aside. Just to get a better view of that rectangle thing. And just like what she’s expected.

It’s that black cassette tape the officer gave Haseul before, which found on the crime scene. The same black cassette tape Haseul decided to place on top of the girls’ body before the older covered it with a white fabric.

It’s the same black cassette tape, that now planted deep into the girls’ body. Making such a swinging noise.

Like a machine at work.


“H-how??”


This is beyond everything. Beyond reason. Beyond Yerim’s imagination.

What is happening? How?

How’s the ones who once human.. turns into a robot? An android? Only with a mysterious black cassette tape? Planted into the body? Out of sudden? Out of nowhere??

How?? This is nonsense. This is insane.


“W-what is happening? H-how—“


“Can you tell me what’s going on? You seems like you notice something. And here I am, only know there’s something strange happened. But I can’t point out what is—“


“She is a human!”


Yerim snapped. Turn her head towards that stranger who just raised an eyebrow over the words. Quietly ask Yerim through her gaze, to give more explanation. Which is Yerim immediately understands. Even though she still feel flustered about what is happening right now.


“I mean, she once a human! So, how there’s cables on her body?! And what’s with that cassette tape?! How can it plant on her chest?! And her hair! It was brown! How on earth it turns pink now?! What is actually happening—“


“Yerim, you’re too noisy”


And it suddenly cut Yerim’s rambling. As she was too panic. Pointing out every single things she notice for the stranger.

Til’ she hurriedly turn towards the voice. Eyes wide, staring at the small girl who somehow looks sleepy. Rubbing both her eyes, while still kneeling on the floor. Yawning the next second.


“Yeojin!”


“Yo, have a good dream?”


The stranger popped her head from behind Yerim’s shoulder by the words. Checking on Yeojin who just nod over that. Meanwhile Yerim start to blinking in confusion. Turn to that stranger with a questioning look.

And as if understood what Yerim’s gaze means. The stranger start to open . Answering.


“If you’re asking me what happened to her. I just put her into sleep a while ago”


The stranger state. Absolutely notice how Yerim blinking even more after the words. This time with a frown visible on her face.


“B-but.. why she looks so scared??”


Yerim asked. Glancing at Yeojin, just to found the latter yawning again.

Is she really asleep a while ago?


“Have no idea. I just use a bit of my power, since I know order won’t work on you two”


Order??”


Now, that caught Yerim’s attention. As she remembered how this stranger was like controlling the others to leave the room a few moments ago. Only by the word ‘leave’ and they were answering by ‘yes, princess’.

And it was like, they got hypnotized, somehow.

Is that what this stranger mean by order?


“Something I did to those people, so they exited the room in their own”


It is.


“Yo! You can do that?! So cool!”


And it suddenly coming from Yeojin. Startling Yerim in the process, as she see the small girl already on her feet. Eyes sparkling, staring towards that stranger who just snort. Smirking. And put her hands on her waist. Looking smug.


“Wait, til’ you see something cooler than tha—“


Unfortunately. Something cut the words.

The body on the hospital bed suddenly sit up. Makes the three of them jumped back from their spot. Looks so surprise and scared. Not even realize how they’re hugging each other, while their eyes are fixed on that now pink haired girl, who stare straight at the wall.

Those color lines are off now. But that black cassette tape still shining with colors. Along with that swinging noise, filling the air in the room.

Then—


“Haseul.”


That name slipped out of the lips. Sounds monotone. Makes the three of them blinking their eyes in confusion. Still hugging each other out of fear.

No one expected that. No one expected this girl suddenly wake up. Out of sudden. Only to say that name. And now turning to the window near the bed. Looking at the night sky, while those three only watch. Anticipating every move that pink haired girl make.

But of course, again, no one of them expect this.


“VIVI?!!”


With a single dash towards the window.

The girl jump out, only to hovering in the air the next second. With those something like circle on her feet, with fire coming out of it, keeping her stable in the air.

Leaving the three looks so shocks behind. Watching how that girl seems like getting used to her body. Right before she dashing to the sky the next second. Creat a kinda strong wind blows onto them, who still can’t believe what they just witnessed.

Especially those two.


“OH ?! WHAT HAPPENED?! SHE’S ALIVE?! SHE BROKE THE WINDOW?! AND WHERE SHE’S GOING?!!”


Yeojin scream in panic. Grabbing her hair in frustration as she staring at the broken window, then at the pink haired girl in the sky that kinda looks like a plane from afar. Slowly but surely, getting away from them.


“Damn! What to do?!”


Then it coming from Yerim. Biting her nail in nervous, staring at nowhere as she forced her brain to come up with something over this situation.

And it was until she heard a creak coming from the door. Found that stranger already standing there, with the door wide open on her side.


“What do you think? Let’s follow her!”


The stranger state. Running out of the room without waiting for Yerim's answer, and Yeojin who just widened her eyes in disbelief. Shock.


“What?! Is she crazy?! She think we can catch up to her? Don’t you see that repulsor thingy on her feet! Damn she looks like an Iron Man?!”


Yeojin said. Pointing out her own feet as those words leaving her lips. Meanwhile Yerim just glance at her, slightly. Before her gaze fixed on the open door. Thinking for a few seconds—


“Better than doing nothing. Let’s go!”


“W-what?! H-hey! CHOI YERIM! WAIT!”


With that, Yerim immediately exited the room, with Yeojin following close behind. Running on the hospital hallway as those gaze are fully on them. Coming from Dami and Handong, also other people who worked with Vivi. Questioning, why they’re running so hurriedly. Out of sudden. While some of them, including those officers from before are reminded them to not run in the hospital.

But they ignored all of it. Keep running, til’ they reach the hospital entrance. Found that stranger a few meters away from them, looking so nervous somehow.


“Hurry! I think I know where she’s going!”


The stranger state. Pointing at that big burgundy orb that makes Yerim and Yeojin jaw dropped, as they’re not expecting the thing they seen on tv will be this big in real.


“Wait, that’s close— I mean, not that close. But you know what I mean!”


Yeojin stutter at her words. Gaze still fixed on that burgundy orb while Yerim bite her lower lip. Thinking, trying to find a way to get them there. Since it’s impossible for them to get there, by feet.

Like Yeojin said. It’s close. But not that close. It still needs around thirty minutes ride by the car. And it will take forever if they only run—


“Hold on to me!”


That stranger suddenly state. Stretched her arms out towards Yerim and Yeojin, who just blinking their eyes. Staring at the stranger in confusion.


“Hurry! We can’t lose her!”


With a little forced, and a rising voice. The two immediately tripping, grabbing on the arms. Stare at each other in wonder, til’ there’s a wind blows onto their face. So strong, that makes the both of them shutting their eyes at once. Only opened them again when they’re no longer feel the wind blows onto them.


“What the—“


“There she is!”


The stranger pointing at the pink haired girl, that standing kinda far from them. Staring, or most likely scanning the car in front of her. And dashing to the sky again the next second. Even before those three can catch up to her.


“What she’s doing??”


The stranger questioning. Looking up at that girl and glance to the car next to her. Alternately. As if she try to find the answer somehow—


“This is Haseul’s car!”


And yet, she get another clue but not the answer. As she turn towards the two, who panting. Leaning to the car, since this is the only car in that empty street.

They heard, there’s a post guard a few meters earlier. So it’s lucky, they don’t have to put some effort to get pass through it. Since this place already became a forbidden area around that burgundy orb, which still mysterious to the public.

Cause nothing can be seen from the outside. So no one can guess what’s is actually happening inside there.


“Now that I think about it, Vivi mentioned Haseul name the first time she’s awake, right?”


Then, it coming from Yeojin. Caught that stranger and Yerim attention, as they turn towards the direction. Signaling the younger to continue through their gaze.


“What if Haseul is inside there? And there’s something happens to.. her?”


Yeojin start to sounds so scared at the end of her words. Sounds hesitant. As Yerim notice how those eyes become teary, out of sudden. Found herself about to comfort the younger, the same time she heard those words slipped out of the stranger lips.


“It can’t be..”


The voice sounds in disbelief. Even nervous, and panic, somehow.


“The Phoenix..”


As Yerim can see how the stranger turn towards the burgundy orb. Staring at it with a widen eyes.


———


Her eyelids feels so heavy. The feeling get too strong to her.

The sleepiness. She can feel her body swinging from side to side, quietly. Somehow enjoying the comfortable ride, til’ she heard a squeak sound coming from her side. Makes her slowly gaining her consciousness, try to open her eyes a few seconds later.

Only to be welcomed by the windscreen in front of her. As she notice, she’s siting on the passenger seat. While there’s no one next to her. Only a white Dreamcatcher hanging above the wheel.


‘Where am I?’


She asked inside her mind. Rubbing her eyes sleepily, before she found the door beside her slowly open by itself. As if telling her to get out of the car.

And so, she did.

Walking away from the car. Let her feet leading her to anywhere, while she feel a bit dizzy. Trying to remember what just happened that makes her ended up in the middle of nowhere. With cold wind blows onto her face, and that small bag with slingshot and a few diamonds inside—

Wait.


‘It feels like a deja vu..’ 


She said inside her mind. Stopping her steps as she staring at the slingshot on her palm, and a diamond in her other palm. A second before she look up, found there’s an airplane wreckage a few meters ahead of her.


‘This is feel familiar..’


Brush her hand slightly on the plane wreckage. She found herself staring at it emptily. Watching her hand brush alongside the wreckage, til’ she stepped inside.

Walking, wandering.

Somehow feel the needs to looking for something, despite her head still feeling dizzy. She forced herself to look around the wreckage, observing it, hoping to find something she searching for. Even though she have no idea what she—


“Huh?”


And it was when she bent down over the small gap on the wreckage. She caught a glimpse of someone outside. Standing a few meters away.

Short white haired. White feathers like clothes. It’s—


“There’s no time.”


With that low voice in her head. She found herself stumbled out of the plane wreckage. Rushing towards that guy who just tilt his head towards her.

She suddenly knows what she needs to do.

Pulling the slingshot out of the small bag. Dropped a few diamonds in process. She notice how the view around her suddenly change. From somewhere like a cold dessert, turn into a beach.

The air feels cooler than before, but it doesn’t stop her to chase after that guy. Who actually not even move an inch from his spot. Only watching her rushing towards him. And it was at that time she see her vision distorted. Changing between somewhere like a bedroom, and that guy.


‘What is this—‘


She feel her breath hitched the next time. Pulling out a remaining diamonds from the small bag, and quickly stop her steps. Put the diamond on the slingshot and aim it to towards that guy. With her vision still distorted.


‘What? How? What is this?’


She gritted her teeth. Trying to focus.

Her head start to feel dizzy again. The distortion getting worse for her. As she see herself siting on the side of the bed, of somewhere that she finally recognized as one of the room in her Coffee Shop.

She never spend a night there, as far as she can remember. She always busy in the hospital. So what is this? Why she found herself siting on the bed? In one of the room in her Coffee Shop? With that—


‘Yeojin?!’


That glitching, crumpled poster on her hand? A poster of her younger sister? With a ‘MISSING’ print above the picture, in bold.

What is this? What is this even mean?

She questioning. Found her vision still distorting. It keeps changing. Even now, she can see a wide field in her vision. It’s all green as far as she can see. Tall grass around, as she found herself spreading her arms to the side in her vision, brushing her palm on it.

It feels comforting, in a weird way.


“Come..”


And then she heard that familiar voice in her head. Found herself look up at that voice. Only to see Yeojin there. Smiling at her. Hand stretching out, gesturing her to take it.

And so, she take it. Feeling herself smiling in that vision. Right after she take a steps closer to that small girl. Reaching for the hand. But when their hand clasped. It’s not warmth that she feels. It’s cold, too cold.

The coldness that remains her of..


‘.. Jiwoo’


Only by that name. Her vision changed again. Distorting even more. Her head start to spinning by that. By the way that certain image of that pale emotionless face, with rose blooming on the chest, come across her mind.

Then it changed to another one. To someone who looks paler, laying on the hospital bed. Then that smiley face came to filled her head. That laugh, that voice, the scolding, the fight, the tears. All the memories she will engraved deep in her brain, in her heart. Forever.


“You can save her, if you want”


She can’t lose anyone, not anymore.


“Only if you kill yourself.”


And with that, she found herself gathered her last strength. Shot her eyes open. Ignoring the dizziness. Ignoring the distorted vision. Pulling the pad of slingshot, as long as it can. Aiming towards that guy who slowly turn to her. Facing her, as she’s about to release her shot.

And it was at that time, that word come across her mind. That weird but familiar word. Which also slipped out of her lips. Even before she realizes it.


“Re:WIND..”


It’s not only her, the boy also say the same word as her. Let their voice merge together in the air. But to her surprise, it’s not only their voice.

A second before she released the shot. A second before the word slipped out of her lips. Her vision distorting once again. Changing. Showing her a girl who standing, in the middle of somewhere. Lifting the side of her lips. Also saying the same word as her and that guy. At the same time.

The girl is glitching, in her vision. Glitching between the vision of the girl only standing there, in the middle of somewhere and the vision of the same girl, hovering in the air, with those shining balls around her.

It confused her, as she just watched her vision keeps distorting between those two images. Frowning. Til’ she notice that scar on the side of the face. The straight line that going down from the girls’ temple to her cheek. And the most shocking part she see at that moment is..

Those circles in the girls’ eye.

Purple circle in the right eye. Half red, half blue in the left eye.


‘.. what..’


It caught her by surprise. Feeling her breath suddenly get stuck in . And before she have the time to recognize that somehow blurry face. The diamond she shot earlier is pierced into the guy chest. 

Create a pain that somehow she manages to feel too, as the distortion stopped. Replaced by that sharp pain on her chest. Leaving her fall on her knees. Kneeling on the wet black sand, grabbing on her shirt, as if it can help her to ease the pain a little bit.

It can’t.

The pain is getting clearer every seconds. While she widened her eyes. Gritted her teeth. Hardened her jaw. Try to dealing with the pain, as she forced herself to look up at where that guy is standing.

Hearing a flickering sounds coming from there, out of sudden. Just to found that guy is also on his knees, grabbing his chest and looking up at her. Staring at her with those glowing green eyes. But what’s surprise her is not that glowing eyes. But those fire that coming out of nowhere, eating the guy out alive.


“What the—“


And before she have the time to feel concerned about the guy. She found her hand also on fire the next second. The fire that suddenly appears, out of nowhere. Consuming her hand with that sharp burning feeling she failed to handle. Makes her scream in pain. Curling up on the ground with that fire keep burning her. Turning her into an ash which hovering in the air around her.


‘What the heck?!’


And it keep consuming her alive. Even with how hard she try to put out the fire. It still burning her.


‘Is this what she meant by kill myself?! What the ?!’


She state inside her mind. Watching how the fire getting closer to her upper body. Coming from her lower body. And don’t forget the fire that also consumes her arms right now. Makes her can’t help but gritted her teeth, as the burn feeling absolutely eating her alive.

Is it the end of her? This? Getting burn by a magical fire that coming out of nowhere?


‘Is this even worth it?’


She questioning. Only to open her eyes slowly the next second. Let tears fall even more onto her face. Along with sweats on her forehead. Can’t remember since when those tears and sweats are all over her face, while she glancing to the fire that getting even more closer to her face.

Once again she questioning herself.


‘Is this even worth it?’


She can’t even remember since when she has her eyes closed earlier. And, it’s not like that’s the only important thing right now.

The fire is getting closer, and she only staring at it emptily. She knows there’s no escaping. She chose this. Even though she never imagined that this is, what she’ll be facing.

But, again.


‘Is this worth it?’


The fire getting closer. It’s reach her chest right now. A few inch under her chin. Her gaze start to get unfocused. Turn blurry as the familiar sleepiness kicks in. It’s the same sleepiness she feel, when she was in that yellow pick up truck.


‘Is this worth it?’


Her eyelids start to gets heavier. And the same question still ringing in her head. With that burning feeling getting her body numb, somehow. The heat doesn’t bother her anymore. Only that question, getting all her remaining attention. With those ashes hovering in front of her face. More and more as the time goes by.

And still..


“Haseul!”


Is this even worth it?


“Haseul! Are you ignoring me?”


Maybe.


“Baby, wake up! You have to work!”


Maybe it is.


“Haseul..”


Maybe this is not that bad.


“I’ll always here. Don’t worry.”


Maybe it’s not that bad.


“I love you.”


Maybe.. This is worth it.


‘Kahei..’


The name come across her mind. For one last time. Right before the sleepiness get the best of her. Before she found herself have no strength remains in her anymore.

Let her eyes closed. Welcoming her to the darkness. Her consciousness is already gone. The fire keep eating her, til she turn into ashes. Spreading, hovering in the air. With those white feather also hovering around.

Get eaten by the fire, til’ one of those feather landed on the ground. With the fire still flickering on it. Eating it up, until there’s nothing remaining there anymore. Absolutely nothing.

The ashes is gone, getting blown by the wind. Those feathers get eat up by the fire. Leaving nothing there. Only the cold beach. And the sound of wave.

There’s nothing left.

And again.. is this even worth it?


—Thump.


It is.


Thump. Thump.


Cause the heart that once stop beating. 


“Heejin..”


Is now start to beating.


“I know..”


Again.


“She made it.”

 

———


‘.’


Sooyoung cursed in her mind.

Shutting her eyes as she got thrown backwards in such a high speed. Breaking down those walls of the already ruins building. Til’ she slows down a bit, only a second before her body blown onto the hard wall.

Create a crack on it, as it manages to stops herself. Somehow give her a time to take a break and gain her composure back. Panting there. Tasting blood in . As it not only coming from . But from her temple too.

Then unfortunately, even before she can have the time to fully get ahold of herself. A hard grip suddenly meet her neck. Pushing her to the ground, aggressively. Too strong that it crashing down the wall behind her. Creating a dust on the air as she cough out blood. Winced in pain while that girl is on top of her. Tightening the grip.


“Any last word?”


Hyejoo state. Coldly. Staring down at Sooyoung who just gritted her teeth. Trying to break free. But somehow, Hyejoo is too strong for her right now.

Is it because of that half Eden and half Underworld power she has. Sooyoung have no idea. She only know that it will be the end of her when Hyejoo reach her final form as a descendant of Lucifer. But she never imagined how strong Hyejoo is when she used both of her power at the same time.

Sooyoung knows, and just realize in the middle of their fight, that Hyejoo is on another level. Hyejoo is above all of them, above her and Jiwoo. She is the strongest among the three of them. But since Eden fears her. They make her the second highest angel of Eden. With Sooyoung being the first as the next Seraphim, and descendant of Eve. And Jiwoo being the next Ophanim, and descendant of Cupid.

From there, Sooyoung knows there’s an obvious difference between she, Jiwoo and Hyejoo.

They’re mortal, til’ they officially become the angel they expect to be. Right after they eat the fruit from the tree of life. Which is they don’t. Since they decided to rebel. And escape from Eden. Bringing along the princess with them. The one who should be the next God that will rule Eden.

And Sooyoung thought, it was the worst decision she ever made. But after all the fist and kicks she received. She realizes it wasn’t.

The worst decision she ever made, was..

Leaving Olivia Hye, Hyejoo behind.

Everyone in Eden fears her. Sooyoung knows that. They questioning God, why Hyejoo is there. Chosen to be the next Cherubim. While in fact, Lucifer blood is running in her veins.

And there’s said, God always have plan. But, they can’t understand, why? Why putting Hyejoo besides them, beside the next God. Growing up with them. Trained to be the greatest angels. Gave them the honored to be symbolize faith, love, hope, and pacify. 

Why? Why them? If God knows what will happen in the future.. and it’s bad. Then why God let it happen? If Lucifer is bad. Why God let Lucifer rule the Underworld? Why?

Everything happens for a reason. They said. But Sooyoung can’t understand that. Even now she can’t understand why? Why God let this happen?

They told them not to sin. Especially the sin that opposite from their symbols. Which is distrust, hate, despair, and anger.

Hyejoo probably have sinned. Sooyoung knows only by the look in her eyes. But what about the other? Jiwoo? She herself? Have they sinned already? Have Jiwoo hated? Have she distrusted?

They said, when you sinned opposite of your symbol. You’ll losing yourself. You’ll never recognize yourself anymore. You’ll never be the same.

You’ll die. They said.

Sooyoung wouldn’t think much about it. To be honest. But it was before the fight. Cause she want to cut off from Eden, which is she absolutely know. She can’t. And she realizes it even more when she’s fighting Hyejoo. She can’t escape. There’s no escape from the start. She just running away. Waiting to be caught.

Either way. She’ll die. Here or in Eden. Cause she already chose her own path. Disobey the God and escape from Eden. There’s no turning back. But at least she can chose her way to die.

In Hyejoo’s hand, or in Eden’s hand.

Cause after all the fight. She realizes. She already sinned. The time she left Hyejoo there.

Alone.

How ironic.


“Yves?”


And maybe..


“Let’s be together! Forever!”


Dying in Hyejoo’s hand, won’t hurt that much.


“.. Olivia Hye..”


It’s been a long time since the last time that name rolled on her tongue. It’s also been a long time since she said that name, right in front of the owner.


“What? I told you not to—“


“I’m sorry.”


And maybe. It’ll be different, if she really have faith in her. In Hyejoo.

In Olivia Hye.

Maybe it’s right, that people said. You’ll regret everything, only when you’re dying. And Sooyoung agree with that, as the spear already pierced into her chest. Telling her that it’s only a matter of time til’ everything turns black.

She’ll be gone. Soon. But she hope she can leave with no regrets.

Is it too much for her to ask?


“What is that for?”


She chuckled at that. Coughing blood as she found her eyelids become heavier. She can’t focus. And her consciousness getting thin. But somehow, she see a little girl in front of her right now. In white long shirt, and plaid skirt. Black haired. Fierce and cold face.


“Please introduce yourself.”


Today. Ms. Minerva said they’ll get a new friend. A girl who will be the youngest among all of them.

And so, like every kids, they’ll become excited. Can’t wait to meet this new friend. Can’t wait to play with her, as their eyes are sparkling. In anticipation, watching the girl stepped out from behind Ms. Minerva.

At the first glance, Yves doesn’t like the feeling she get from the new girl. But after the girl introduced herself.

She changed her mind.


“.. My name is.. Olivia Hye.”


The voice sounds so soothing. Somehow, cute. It’s almost sounds very contrast with the face. And the reddish color that suddenly appears on the face now, makes Yves can’t help but giggling.

This girl is cute. Yves thought.


“Now, introduced yourself to Olivia Hye. Starting from Gowon.”


“Hi, I’m Gowon..”


“HI! I’M CHUU! Let’s play! I have a super cool toys! You’ll like it! We can sharing! Do you like a—“


“Chuu..”


“My apologize, Ms. Minerva. My apologize, Olivia Hye..”


Yves smile over that. Watching how Chuu smile sheepishly towards Olivia Hye who just nod her head, slyly. A second before the gaze meet hers. Makes Yves can’t help but smile wider. Noticing all the attention are on her right now.


“Hi, Olivia Hye!”


She start. Grinning. While Olivia Hye just blinking her eyes. Not so sure how to react as the two only introduced themselves. Not greeting her so directly as Yves, who suddenly stepped forward. Walking towards the youngest and stretched her hand out.


“Nice to meet you! I’m Yves! Let’s play with Chuu and Gowon!”


Gesturing the youngest to take her hand.

And so, after a few seconds Olivia Hye did. Earn wider grin from Yves, who quickly pull the youngest by the hand. Telling Chuu and Gowon to follow them, so they can play together.

And of course, the two immediately following close behind. Ignoring how Ms. Minerva is calling for them. Telling them it’s not the time to play yet. But they don’t listen. Instead, they start to running, faster, once Ms. Minerva start to chase after them.

While they’re only laughing. Somehow enjoying that little moment. Running and hide from Ms. Minerva. Holding hands with each other. The four of them. Sharing a happiness in their first meet.

And maybe.. it was the purest thing they ever felt. The purest laugh that ever escape from them. Even after Ms. Minerva caught them and punish them. The laugh still coloring the air around them.

And maybe..

Just maybe. They’ll share the same happiness again. One day. Not here. Maybe in different timeline. Different place. Different universe. Maybe, everything will be different. And they’ll be four again. Without Yves, making the same mistake.


‘Maybe.. someday.’


She wish. For the last time. Before the blackness welcoming her. Before her last breath. Before the unconsciousness take over.

She smile for the last time. Before it wear off her face. Before her heart stop beating.

Before she knew, in the other side. That heart start to beating again. Just the time hers is stop working.

How ironic.


“SOOYOUNG!!!”

 

“HEEJIN?!”

 

“.. What the ?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


To be continued..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-hmmmmmmmmmmm :)