Hibana

Re:WIND


Tick.


Tock.


Tick.


Tock.


Tick—


“What you two doing here? Where’s Jungeun?”


Tock.


“This is— YERIM!!!! OH MY GOD! YERIMMMM!!!!!!!”


—Tick.


“, eclipse..”


Tock.


“Good evening, folks!! Sorry not sorry! I know you miss me soooo much~”


Tick.


Tock.


Tick.


“Plane crash?”


Tock.


Tick.


Tock.


Tick.


‘What..’


Tock.


‘.. what is this..’


The air, feel tense. The time, is ticking. It’s deafening. Almost.

Jiwoo is there. Clutching onto her head. Sitting up on the bed, that she knows it’s not hers. Staring ahead at the wall that she’s not familiar with.

She’s realizes right away, this is not her room. But she couldn’t careless.


“.. who are you?”


Since this images in her mind is absolutely got her fully attention. Seeing herself standing on top of the car, with that red moon burns far above her. In the sky. And on the sides of it, Jiwoo see a plane crashing down. It’s on fire. But despite all of that, her gaze are fixed on the girl who walking towards her.

Slowly, she turn around. Facing the girl. Feeling the breeze blows onto her back. Let her hair dancing in the air, with those white petals she’s have no idea where it’s coming from, suddenly hovering around her.

Her eyes locked with those eyes that slowly turns green. Glowing. Caught Jiwoo by surprise. Only to see the girl stretched her arm towards her, while the other hand seems like pulling an invisible string. Its gesture reminds Jiwoo of someone. She found the gesture familiar. As if the girl is holding an invisible bow. Pulling an invisible arrow.

This reminds Jiwoo of that one certain girl. The one certain girl that she was looking for the whole ti—

Wait.

Did she really been looking for her tho?

Jiwoo clearly remember that she wasn’t.


“I see..”


Especially after this one memory came across her mind.

Jiwoo still remember how cold that one night. Despite of how many layers that she’s been put on, she’s still feels so cold. Til’ she caught a glimpse of that one certain figure inside the house. She remembered how her face lit up even though she’s somehow doubt her eyes for a split of seconds. But after she saw that familiar smile on the also familiar face. The doubt immediately disappeared. Replace by the joy and relief as she found herself rushing towards the window of the house.

There’s an unexplainable warmth filled inside of her. Beating the cold air, as Jiwoo can feel the heat form on her cheeks. While she’s smile widely. Take a notice of the heat that also start to form in the back of her eyes, that fixed on that one certain person. 

She can’t wait to wrapped her arms around that one certain girl. Burry her face on the crock of the girl neck. And tell the girl how she misses her. Tell the girl how she actually feel. The feeling that she manages to hide away from the girl, when they were still on Eden.

Jiwoo absolutely can’t wait to makes all of these come true. Absolutely caught up in her thoughts. Til’ the scene serves right in front of her.


“This is why you want to escape..”


That unfamiliar girl comes into Jiwoo’s view. And somehow Jiwoo feel a twitch in her stomach. Found herself slower her steps. Widening her eyes in disbelief, and stops completely.

She can feel something crushing inside her. Scattered around. And she’s not sure, if she’s still breathing right now. It feels like she’s dying. Suffocating. The air stuck in . Threatening her with something but numbness. Runs through her body.

She wish she’s just die right there. Right then.

Maybe she’s exaggerating, a bit. But the pang in her heart. The invisible knife that stabbed deep and deeper into her heart, feels so real that she’s scared it will actually kill her.

But, does she even care at this point? No.

Especially, not after that certain girl pulling the unfamiliar girl close. Planted a soft kiss on the latter cheek. Successfully send that sharp, hot, invisible arrow pierced right into Jiwoo’s chest. Makes Jiwoo’s knees feel weak. But she’s still standing. Freezing on her spot. The cold doesn’t bother her. Yet, she can’t feel them. Even the warmth she once felt, is disappeared without any trace. Leaving her there with nothing but emptiness.

She can’t feel nothing. Even after she placed her palm on the window glass. There’s nothing. Except for that feeling, which rapidly builds up inside her. It takes her a while. A walk. Far from that house. Til’ she eventually recognized the feeling.

It’s Hate. Hatred.


“.. I’m a fool..”


And it mostly points to herself.

Jiwoo remembered how she whisper under her breath. How she’s feel numb over everything. Walking without any direction. With her mind spinning. Her ears buzzing.

But there’s nothing. There’s absolutely nothing. There’s nothing in her head. There’s nothing she can hear.

Nothing.

White surrounds her. Blackness welcomes her. Drowning her in the deepest place she’ve never been. She doesn’t mind. If anything, it somehow comforts her. Hugging her. her deeper. Promise her something but peaceful feeling she’s absolutely giving in. Slowly erasing something that once important to her. The thing that makes her once feeling so proud being symbolizes as it.

The Love.


“Hey..”


Jiwoo remembered that faint voice. She remembered that concern face. She remembered the soft touch on her shoulder. Shaking her. Waking her up, with nothing but confusion.

And suddenly, when she’s wake up. She can’t quite remember what just happened. Her mind just goes blank. Found herself laying on the snow. With that girl staring at her. Worried written all over the face.

Then she found herself gets on her feet. Tap on her clothes then walk away like nothing happened. Without a single word. And it seems the girl doesn’t mind that. Watching Jiwoo walked away, before continue on her own track.

That’s what Jiwoo remembered. But this..

What is this ?

Why she see the same girl is standing not far from her? Pulling an invisible arrow. As if she’s ready to shoot Jiwoo with that.

What is this? This is not a memory. Jiwoo sure of that. Since she absolutely can’t recall this event in her mind. And yet, the images keeps playing in her head. Showing her how those green eyes glowing even more. Then, Jiwoo see the girl flick her fingers. Sending that invisible arrow pierced deep into Jiwoo’s chest.

And to Jiwoo’s surprise. She’s actually can feel it pierced into her body. For real.


“T-The .”


The pain is spreading all over her body. It makes Jiwoo can’t help but curling down. Clutch onto the fabric. Tightening her grip on her chest. Jiwoo widened her eyes, agape. Shock washing all over her face. Then fear. As she found herself screaming in silence.

This scared her. And the fact that she saw herself falling off the car with a hard thud, makes her can’t help but widened her eyes even more. Her breath hitched. Only by the sight of the girl walked closely to her. Looking down. And it was that time she realizes the girl’s body is glitching. Distorting. And—


“Re:WIND.”


Everything rushing into Jiwoo’s head. Her body freezes. The pain disappeared. Leaving her at once.

Only with that one certain spell, Jiwoo eventually feel familiar with. It somehow opens her eyes. In completely different meaning. Let her see everything in absolute different light. And after a few seconds of delay. Jiwoo finally understand. Right after she manages to process everything in her head.

She understands.


“.. what the .”


She remembered. She realizes that..

Two timelines were merged into one. Forcefully.


———


Loud cheers. The ecstatic atmosphere. Loud music echoed. The audience screaming her name. Blue light flickering on her. Shining on the stage. Shining on her. She smile widely. Proudly. Bowing deeply to the audience. The cheers gets even louder.

Then—


“Thank you for your hard work!”


Jinsoul beaming, bowing to all clapping staffs around her. Congratulate her for another success concert that she held. She just released her newest single called Puzzle a few weeks ago. The song that absolutely not new for her but absolutely new for those around her. Especially in this timeline. The public’s response is so good just like she can remember. And her schedule been so packed up with shows, interviews and the last thing is.. concerts.

But, the smile never leave her face. Talking and joking with the staffs. Wiping her sweats and gulp on her drink. She caught her phone screen lit up. A new message has arrived. Jinsoul excuse herself from the crowd and walking towards the table. Grab on her phone, only to see the contact name on the screen. The name that makes her can’t help but curve that sweet smile on her face.


“JUNGEUN!”


Jungeun snapped her head to the direction. Take her eyes off of her phone, as she was scrolling down her social media. And once her eyes found that blonde girl running towards her, Jungeun can’t help but pull herself off the wall she’ve been leaning on. Pocket her phone, and spread her arms wide to her sides. Facing the girl fully and welcoming the girl in her embrace.


“Hey there..”


Jungeun feels the weight on her, wrapped her arms around Jinsoul who immediately bury her face on her blonde hair. Snuggle closer, on Jungeun’s perfume that absolutely Jinsoul’s favorite. Later, Jinsoul immediately pulled away. Still with her arms around Jungeun’s neck, while her gaze fixed on those eyes that staring at her with the same warmth.


“Let’s go?”


Jungeun smile sweetly. Stare alternately at both Jinsoul’s eyes. Just to found the latter nodding enthusiastically over the words, makes Jungeun can’t help but widened her smile. Pull her arms off of Jinsoul just to let their hand clasped onto each other. 

Intertwining.


“So.. you really quit?”


“Well, yeah.. just feel like it doesn’t belong to me.”


“But you’re talented.”


“Just because I’m talented, doesn’t mean this road meant to me.”


Jungeun shrugged over her own words. Glance to Jinsoul slightly. Sending a smile towards the older. Before she put her focus back on the street. Driving the car in a normal pace. Noticing Jinsoul’s gaze is absolutely on her.


“But.. I like those songs you produce.”


Jinsoul pout. Whining. Makes Jungeun let out a small chuckle out of her lips. Turning to Jinsoul just to smile in amused over the older facial expression.


“I write Eclipse and Twilight for you.”


Jungeun hang her word. Turn her attention ahead, as she slowly takes a turn to the right. Before she continues her words.


“I can always write you a song. I just quit from the industry.”


“.. does that mean I can take all the credit?”


Jungeun scoffed over that. Turn to Jinsoul in disbelief and disgust as she found the latter grin widely. Her eyes sparkling. And Jungeun sure she can see Jinsoul’s eyes turn green for a split of seconds over there.


“Didn’t expect you are this kind of person.”


“Huh? Why?? You’re the one who said you’re quit and still will make song for me. I just take the chance you offer me! It’s all about business!”


“Yeah, sure.”


Jungeun rolled her eyes. Sighing in defeat. While Jinsoul let out a melodious laugh. Caught Jungeun fully attention as the sound brings such a peaceful feeling into her.

It makes her feel safe for some reason.

Talking, and joking. Teasing each other with Jinsoul sometimes bring her hand to push Jungeun playfully. Only getting a soft slap on her shoulder in return. The night somehow feels so warm. Even though it’s actually cold outside, but with them being in each other side. It somehow manages to beat the cold night. Beating the beautiful scenery of the full moon above of them too, only by how sweet their smile to each other. Only by how bright their laugh sounds.

Til’ Jinsoul turn her head to the window of her apartment. Catching that white things hovering outside.

It’s not a snow.


“Jungeun..”


Jinsoul called for the girl. Makes Jungeun who just placed the hot chocolate on the small table immediately turns to Jinsoul. Immediately catch those gaze that fixed outside of the window. Let her own gaze also follow it. Staring at those petals outside, which absolutely bring mixed feeling to the both of them. Especially after they caught the sight of the giant tree that once suddenly appeared out of nowhere, at that one night.

Shining, at the very exact spot that orb burgundy once at.


———


“Yeojin, check your window.”


“Huh? Window? Why—“


Yerim heard nothing after that. Right after she notice how Yeojin gasp. Holding her breath. And just by that, Yerim sure Yeojin is staring at the same view as her.

Those white petals are hovering in the air. Coming from that one huge tree that shines in the night. The color is silver. Lightening up the dark night. As it becomes common for most of people these days.

The tree always shines in a random times, not long after it appears. But it always at night. And when it shines, it always spreading those white petals that somehow people found romantic.

But, not for them. Since they’re absolutely feeling something is off from the tree.

It just suddenly appear in one night. Out of nowhere. It suddenly there. Two weeks after their fight over the second strongest angel of Eden. The next Cherubim. The descendant of Lucifer.


Olivia Hye—Son Hyejoo.


It’s been a month since then. Since Yerim, Hyunjin, and Jinsoul manages to send Hyejoo to The Ocean. The darkest, deepest place of The Void. According to Heejin.

They know everything isn’t over, yet.

And it somehow gets confirmed by the sudden appearance of the tree. And the first time it shines, was three days after. Spreading those white petals around the city. And just by that, they know there’s still a long way for them to go.

To end whatever it is.


“Let’s sleep. We have school tomorrow.”


“Right..”


Yerim sigh over her own words. Closing the curtains. Before hopping onto her bed. 


“Goodnight, Yerim.”


“Goodnight, Yeojin.”


And with that, they ended the call. With Yerim pulling her phone off of her ear. Let her arm spreading on her side. Fall out of the edge of her bed. Her head start to spinning. Suddenly, there’s so much in her head. And despite of saying a goodnight to Yeojin. Yerim somehow can feel she won’t be able to sleep anytime soon. But, little did Yerim know. She’s not the only who feels like that.

Yeojin too.

Sitting on the corner of her room, Yeojin place her chin on her knees. Stare emptily at nothing. The darkness surrounding her room. It doesn’t bother her, surprisingly, as she glance to the phone on her side. Staring at its black screen before she turn her head forward. Once again, stare at nothing.

Slowly move her hand to the air. She lift her arm effortlessly. Staring at her clenched fist, before she relaxed it the next second. Yeojin’s eyes still empty. Watching how her own fingers fold open. Create those orange particles around her palm. Coming out of nowhere, as she found a small plant growing on it. Miraculously. Growing taller.

Til’ she shut her palm close out of sudden. In a heartbeat, makes that plant and orange particles disappear into the thin air right away. Leaving no trace as Yeojin just stay quiet. Her eyes turns dark. Her feelings mixed despite of how emotionless her face became. Her hand..

It’s glitching.


———


“I’ll take my leave now. Take care everyone.”


“See you soon, doctor!”


Those nurses said in unison. Bowing to Haseul who also bow slightly, offer them a polite smile before walking away. Bag on her shoulder. Phone on her other hand. The message Haseul received earlier still showed on the screen. The message that makes her quite wonder once she read it.


“You see that?”


It was the first thing that coming from Jiwoo, seeing Haseul just stepped into The Carol. Lift her head to stare at Jiwoo, before turn her head backwards.


“.. yeah.”


Haseul answer softly. Stare at those white petals hovering outside. Before her gaze back on Jiwoo. Quietly watching the latter busy making her a coffee, while she smoothly slide herself to sit on the counter.


“How’s today?”


Haseul start, putting her bag on the seat next to her. Slowly take off her coat, only to placed it on top of her bag later.


“As usual.”


Placing the coffee in front of Haseul who technically her boss, Jiwoo just smile. Watching how Haseul immediately returns the smile. Reach for the coffee. Taking a quick sip. Then place it back on its plate.


“So.. what is it?”


Haseul look up, those words leave her lips. Stare into Jiwoo’s eyes that somehow stare at hers in such a complicated way.


“.. did you go to the mansion?”


“Not today. Heejin keeps me update tho.”


“Any progress?”


Now, a sigh leaves Haseul’s lips. Lowered her head with a bitter smile slowly curve on her face.


“No.. Professor Lee keep trying tho.”


Tapping her finger on the cup, Haseul’s mind suddenly become clouded. And Jiwoo notice that as she also start to busy with her mind. Letting the silence take control over them.


“.. so.. about the thing I want to tell you..”


After a few minutes of dead silence, Jiwoo eventually decided to break it. Open and look up at Haseul, who immediately look up at her too. Quite anticipating whatever that will coming from the younger.


“It may hard to believe. But I want you to believe me.”


Jiwoo state. Stare directly at Haseul who start to furrowed her brows, but decided to nod in the end, noticing the seriousness in Jiwoo’s voice. And just by seeing that, Jiwoo prepared herself. Taking a deep breath before she let those words escape from her lips. Quietly watching any changes on Haseul’s face as she speaks.


“.. I think I know why most of us have a different memory.”


———


“Heejin.”


The voice can be heard. Snapped the said girl out of her thoughts as she found herself gazing out the window. Watching those white petals in the air, with nothing but chaos in her head.


“Yeah?”


Heejin response softly. Turning around just to found Hyunjin standing in the doorframe. Stare, as if she’s try to read whatever inside Heejin’s mind, once she absolutely notice how troubled Heejin looks.


“I just want to check on you.”


Hyunjin said. Steps into the room as she shut the door behind her softly. Hearing that, Heejin just smile. Tapping a spot beside her as she is sitting on the edge of her bed.


“How’s Professor Lee?”


It coming immediately from Heejin, watching Hyunjin take a spot beside her. Put her hands behind as a support, Hyunjin just sigh. Lifting her head to face the ceiling then shutting her eyes before answering.


“He still trying.. not that much progress tho.”


“.. I see..”


Heejin nod weakly. Suddenly thinking about how frustrated the Professor might be in front of something that even Heejin can’t quite explain. She even can’t understand how, and what happened.

Before Heejin know it, it’s already in front of her. Vivi.

Heejin absolutely know Vivi is a human. No matter in which timeline, Vivi will always ended up be a human. Cause that’s the latter originally is. But somehow, in this timeline Heejin found Vivi suddenly became an android. There’s no explanation found. Only a useless fact that mysterious black cassette tape somehow was keeps Vivi ‘alive’

Takes a role after heart.

And what happened a month ago. Absolutely makes everything gets even more confusing and complicated. After they manage to send Hyejoo to The Ocean. Two weeks later, a huge mysterious tree suddenly appears in the same spot as the burgundy orb. Out of nowhere. There’s no explanation of how the tree suddenly appears there, only in one night. But somehow, the same time the tree appears, Jiwoo finally awake. Leaving only Sooyoung and Vivi still deeps in their slumber.

Even after the tree suddenly shines for the first time that night. The two still haven’t wake up yet.


“Where’s Chaewon?”


“Sleeping. You know, I won’t be here if she hasn’t sleep yet.”


Hyunjin grin, earn a sweet smile from Heejin.

Right. Besides the tree and the two. There’s also something unexpected happened.

Chaewon Hye.

The little girl that Gowon brought to the mansion that night. Causing shock to Heejin as she can’t believe her eyes at that time. Chaewon Hye, the little girl who somehow looks identical to Olivia Hye or Son Hyejoo in features. The eyes, the nose, the mouth. It looks the same. It’s almost like she is the copy paste and younger version of Hyejoo. Except that Chaewon have a blonde haired. It also looks the same to Gowon hair color tho. But Heejin shrugged it off.

And it was til’ the little girl introduced herself to those adults around her. Heejin can’t help but give Gowon such a look. Demand an explanation. And what Gowon said to her is just.


“Yes. She’s our daughter.”


How? How that happened?

Heejin not sure. Even she’s start to doubt her own eyes, as she staring at the little girl who lowered her head shyly, that time. Grab tightly onto Gowon’s hand. Noticing those gaze absolutely on her, but little did Chaewon know. Those gaze that coming from not only Heejin, but Hyunjin, Haseul, Yerim, Yeojin, Jinsoul even Jungeun are somehow complicated. Shock written all over their faces. They absolutely notice those similarities between Chaewon and Hyejoo. And it makes them can’t help but feel something twitch in their stomach.

It’s too much.. for them.

But no one said anything. They decided to keep their thoughts to themselves. Playing with the little girl like there’s nothing bothering their mind at the moment. Til’ Professor Lee showed up in the mansion.

Professor Lee is an old man, someone Heejin know for such a long time. A genius technician that Heejin can think of when she’s saw Vivi’s terrible state. Even though all the thing that coming from the Professor after Heejin told him everything, is just..


“How???”


And yet, Heejin also wonder what’s the answer from the question.

How?

Watching the Professor taking care of Vivi, as he tried to study the latter. Heejin not sure if they will get the answer soon. It took a lot of convincing to let the Professor to study Vivi tho. As Haseul absolutely didn’t like the idea of how the Professor have to dissect the older. But after a lot of talking, from Heejin, the Professor, and even Jungeun. Haseul eventually give in. Let the Professor do his job and hopefully he can bring answers to their questions.

As if, how.. Vivi turns into this?

They absolutely needs the answers. And the fact that this timeline is completely different from what Heejin can recalled. Makes her feel nothing but anxious. Fear the future, as she have no idea what waiting them ahead.

Everything is so different.

Start from how Jungeun told them about the different memory. Makes Heejin secretly share a look with Gowon. The glitch. They said through their gaze. Makes them eventually realize.. their memories also different from these people..

Jungeun, Haseul, Jiwoo, and Yeojin.


Something absolutely happened.


It just, Heejin still have no idea what is it. She sure it’s something big. Something that manages to change the timeline completely. Let things that supposed to happen later, happen sooner than it should be.

The Phoenix, The Black Swan, The Purple Circle.

Lucky enough, the things after those hasn’t happened yet. The so called Apocalypse, The Wolf that absolutely referring to no other but Hyejoo. But knowing Hyejoo is absolutely in The Ocean. Makes Heejin feel a bit relaxed. At least, they still have time. Or else Heejin not sure how to handle it. With those so many unresolved mysteries thrown at them. It makes Heejin feels stuffed. Especially once she recalls how Gowon doesn’t recognize the bracelet that Hyunjin sure it was Gowon and Jiwoo who gave it to her. Along with the mission.

And even after Jiwoo is awake, she’s only giving Hyunjin a puzzle look. But something feels off from the gaze. Especially after Heejin caught those eyes stare at Haseul. Then..

Jungeun..


“You think everything will turn out fine?”


Heejin suddenly asked. Right after that familiar face with a scar on the side of it came across her mind. Turning to Hyunjin who still doesn’t bother to turn at her. A sigh leaves the latter lips, while Heejin keep staring. Waiting. Only to notice how unsure Hyunjin sounds the next second.


“.. I .. don’t know..”


———


The tree is shining. It’s silver. The color that somehow reminds Gowon to that one certain person in the deepest of The Void.

The Ocean.


‘Hye..’


Gowon called the name in her heart. Staring at those white petals, before she take her gaze off of it. Only to stare at the little girl on her bed. That blonde haired girl that somehow looks too identical to Hyejoo.

How? Gowon not sure.

The first time she met the girl. She just thought her eyes were played a trick on her. She were about to leave the girl behind. But after the little girl called her. She found herself freezes.


“Mama, you leave?”


Gowon remember how innocent it came from the little girl. With that curious eyes stare right into Gowon’s. And it’s perfectly opposite from the emotions that visible in Gowon’s.

Gowon’s eyes filled with shock, disbelief and fear. While the little girl looks so pure. Blinking her eyes.


“What’d you call me??”


“Mama??”


“Mama??? How— Wait.. what is happening?!”


It was so confusing to Gowon at that time. She almost screamed in frustration. Grabbing onto her hair. Til’ the girl state.


“Mommy is worried. So I follow you to makes sure you won’t do anything dumb. Mommy said you always do something dumb.”


“M—mommy??? W—who?? W-what are you talking about—“


“Mama? You’re shaking??”


Gowon remember how the little girl tilting her head. Stare at Gowon with those sharp but soft eyes. It absolutely reminds her of Hyejoo.


“Who are you..”


She remembered how it comes too weak and shaky from her lips. Stare at that little girl who start to furrowed her brows. But answer anyway.


“Chaewon Hye? The daughter of God Gowon, and Cherubim Angel, Olivia Hye?”


Gowon sure she can’t believe her ears at that time. But after a few questions and answers from that girl, she can’t help but feel a knot in her stomach. Right after the little girl smiling at her. The smile that looks so familiar to her.


“Why I called you princess?? Cause mommy always called you that. It’s cute!”


Gowon not sure what to feel. How to react. But after she found herself wrapped her arms around Chaewon. She couldn’t care less. What in her arms that time, is something that she’s always afraid to dream of. Something she always wish to have it. And yet, there she was. Bury her face on that blonde hair.


“Then.. where’s mommy?”


Even though, what she got from Chaewon after that is a concern and worried gaze. Teary eyes and quiver lips. At the end of the day, Gowon still found herself feel grateful. Even after those words leave Chaewon’s lips.


“I—I don’t know. M-Mommy is nowhere. I don’t know.”


If Gowon can. She will makes sure Chaewon will never cry anymore, telling her how she misses Hyejoo, and how Hyejoo just suddenly disappeared. Gowon absolutely not sure what happened. But she make an oath to herself.

She’ll makes sure Chaewon will meet Hyejoo. Soon.


———


The air suddenly feel so tense around them.

Eyes locked on each other. The silence once again take control. There’s no words released to the air. The two of them are too caught up in their own mind. Especially Haseul, who widened her eyes in disbelief. Unknowingly holds her own breath as her gaze fixed on Jiwoo’s. Then, as careful as she can, Haseul takes a deep breath. Lower her head to stare at nothing. Before she hesitantly looking up.


“So.. you tell me.. those images I saw are real?”


Haseul voice sounds trembling. Her eyes shaking. She notice how she somehow feels hard to believe whatever that just leaves Jiwoo’s lips. But in the other hand, Jiwoo nod. Confirm it. Makes the gesture as an answer to Haseul’s doubt question.

And yet, Haseul can’t help but gulp. Her head start to spinning. Her ears start to ringing. She try to connect all the dots in her mind. It makes sense. Those unfamiliar yet familiar images that feels like memory came across Haseul’s mind. Those all makes sense now. The different memory and all.

It start to makes sense. But still..


“The timelines are merged into one..”


It’s hard for Haseul to process.


“I can’t no longer just sit here and do nothing. This is might have something to do with how Sooyoung and Vivi aren’t wake up, yet. And the fact that I saw you with those green eyes when I also, in fact was unconscious when you turn into your Phoenix form. It must be a clue, Haseul. This must be a sign. There’s an answer hidden. And we should find it.”


Haseul focus her gaze on the street. Tightening her grip on the wheel. Jiwoo is next to her, sitting on the passenger seat. The white petals still hovering in the air. And that huge tree still shining in the dark night.


“What’s your plan?”


“Everything start right after Nam Chunhee kidnapped Jungeun, right? I mean, the different memory?”


“Siyeon found her. I’ll ask her..”


Glance to the sat-nav, Haseul makes sure they stay on the track. Driving to the address Siyeon gave.


“It’s off..”


It coming from Jiwoo out of sudden. Stop Haseul’s steps. Turn backwards, Haseul found Jiwoo looking up. Stare at the tree that no longer shines in the distance. Those white petals is also no longer hovering in the air. It already vanished into the thin air.

Then, Haseul realizes the yellow light in the horizon. The sun rises, makes Haseul immediately bring her hand to cover her vision. Blocking the light from hitting her eyes.

It’s already morning.


“Should we go back now?”


Haseul turn to Jiwoo once again. Glance at the latter who seems deep in her thought. Glancing to the small river on her side, Jiwoo keeps quiet. They’ve been walking alongside the river all night. Try to find a clue, something, anything, that might can lead them to the answer they been searching for.

But there’s nothing.


“.. alright. Let’s go. You have work.”


“You too.”


Haseul smile. Found Jiwoo also mirroring her. Put her phone in her pocket as they both know it’s already five in the morning. A few hours more, and they should go back to their routine. Without nothing to be found.

Haseul doesn’t mind tho. At least they’ve tried. Even though she absolutely knew, coming to this place was nothing more than following Jiwoo's intuition. And that they’ve found nothing. Again, Haseul doesn’t mind. They’ve tried. They’ll find the answers soon.

She’ll makes sure of it.


“JIWOO!!!”


And.. by makes sure of it. Haseul doesn’t meant this. She doesn’t meant to found herself and Jiwoo falling into the river. Right after Jiwoo accidentally tripped herself, and Haseul tried to catch her.

The river current is surprisingly strong for the both of them. But they manage to crawl out of it. Panting hardly, and laying on the river side. Steadying their own breath.

Til’ they realize something is off.


“Haseul..”


There’s no tree in the distance. They can’t find Haseul’s car, even though they both sure it was parked nearby. And once they decide to go to the police station, about to report the missing car. Something caught them by surprise.


“.. this is..”


A notice board for missing people on the police station caught their eyes. Successfully makes their breath hitched. Once they recognize the two faces among so many faces on the board.

Jung Jinsol, and Choi Yerim.


‘You must be kidding me!’


They both immediately running out of the police station. Ignoring how the one of the officer was calling for them. And once Haseul catch the glimpse of the face and the name on the uniform. Haseul can’t help but found herself hard to breath.

Lee Siyeon.


‘What is happening?!’


They keep on running. Have no idea where their feet lead them to. Catching those poster plastered all over the city. And once they found themselves stopping near that one exact coffee shop. Haseul, nor Jiwoo can’t believe their eyes.

The Carol. The coffee shop that supposed to own by Haseul and manages by Jiwoo, is there. A few meters away from where they’re standing. And even though it’s far enough from them, they still can manage to catch those figures inside of the coffee shop. Those baristas.

It’s no other but themselves.


“W-what?? How? What’s happening??”


It coming from Jiwoo. Widening her eyes absolutely in shock and disbelief. Her gaze stare ahead. And the state Jiwoo in, is not that different from Haseul. The both of them freezes on their spot. Finding it hard to move even for an inch.

Then, they caught another figure. Exiting the coffee shop, with a black guitar bag hanging on her shoulder. And to their surprise, they also recognize the face. Found the girl is talking to their other self.


“Jungeun..”


That girl. The girl that grip on her bag strap, is laughing, talking, smiling towards the other two who seems like stare at her in concerned. Haseul found her other self ruffling Jungeun’s hair that is in light brown instead of blonde. While Jiwoo saw her other self stare at Jungeun. Grabbing Jungeun’s hand as if to give the latter a reassurance. The sight is kinda confusing for them. Especially after the both of them notice the bandage that covering Jungeun’s left eye. And then..

That one other girl coming into their view. Caught Haseul and Jiwoo absolutely in surprise. But it’s especially Haseul, as her gaze fully fixed at that brown haired girl. 

Vivi.


“Haseul! What are you doing?!”


Jiwoo scream lowly. Holds onto Haseul’s arms. Snapped Haseul out of her thoughts too, as she found herself almost running towards the four people ahead. Haseul absolutely gone insane the time she set her eyes on Vivi. Lucky, Jiwoo is fast enough to hold onto her. Or else, who knows what will happen once their other selves set their eyes on them.

Jiwoo can’t imagine.


“What is happening? How? Like.. How???”


“Look Haseul. I wish I can give you the answer, but I also don’t know what is actually happening right now. This is confusing! I feel like my head going to explode!”


Jiwoo groaned. Grabbing her hair. Placing her head onto the table. Meanwhile Haseul who sit across of her, just stare at nothing. There’s an absolute chaos inside their head. And they just hope there’s someone’s kind enough to explain everything to them.

But.. it seems like the both of them hoping too much.


“.. what the ?”


Cause the headache just get worse the next moment. Right after their breakfast arrived in front of them. Right after the waitress walked away from their table. Right after the tv caught their attention, fully. Makes them freeze on their seat. Staring at the screen with a familiar face on the screen.


Ha Sooyoung. The famous ballerina. The Black Swan.

Where exactly is she?


At least, that’s the title of the news Jiwoo manages to catch, as she found her head spinning even more. Eyes wide, ears opened, Jiwoo try to focus on what the news anchor says, the same as Haseul. As the both of them start to furrowed their brows. Til’ the news anchor move onto another news, that absolutely have nothing to do with them, and their current situation.

And just by noticing that, Jiwoo and Haseul found themselves leaning on their seat. Stare at nothing. There’s a lot in their mind. Bring their head much more chaos than it already is. Right after they realize that Jinsoul, Yerim, and possibly Sooyoung were missing in the same day.

The day Jungeun’s got kidnapped.


“Does this mean..”


Jiwoo start. Her eyes shaking, as Haseul look up at her. The gaze looks complicated. It somehow looks clouded too, and somehow it became more clouded the time this words leave Jiwoo’s lips.


“.. We accidentally get into a different timeline?”


———


“Yves?”


“Huh?”


Sooyoung snapped her head to her side. Found Jiwoo is leaning her head on the table. Stare at her with that round sparkling eyes.


“Is the book that interesting than me?”


Jiwoo pout in the end of her word. Cause a soft chuckle to escape from Sooyoung’s lips. As she immediately close the book she was reading. Put it aside on the table.


“Why? You want my attention?”


It coming teasingly from Sooyoung. Bring her chin onto her palm. Tilting her head towards Jiwoo, just to found the latter press her lips together, shut her eyes tightly. Sooyoung notice how Jiwoo’s face turns red a second later, before the latter immediately bring her hand to cover it. Whining.


“STOPPPPPPPPP”


Jiwoo says shyly. Earn a laugh from Sooyoung as the sight somehow feels satisfying to her. So Sooyoung decided to not stopping there. She keep on teasing Jiwoo. Asking why Jiwoo’s face is so red? Why Jiwoo cover her face? And of course it makes Jiwoo can’t help but groan. Hitting Sooyoung’s shoulder repeatedly, while Sooyoung just laugh. Somehow enjoying the moment with the warmth feeling wrapped around her heart.

Until..


“Aunt Yves?”


Everything turns blank white out of sudden. Snapped Sooyoung out of her state. Found she is alone there. Sitting on the empty floor while hugging her knees. There’s nothing around her. There’s no Jiwoo besides her. Only that little blonde girl. And.. right.

The black feather half mask in front of her.


“Chaewon, you’re here again..”


That blonde little girl is a few steps away from her. The one that absolutely reminds Sooyoung to Hyejoo, and Gowon.


“.. you’re not wake up yet. So, here I am.”


Chaewon state. Kinda pouting, taking a spot besides Sooyoung who just smile over the words. Tilting her head to the side, Sooyoung put her head on her arms. Staring at Chaewon who seems like try to makes herself comfortable, sitting beside her. With that silver gown she wear.

It’s funny for Sooyoung, to see Chaewon’s face resembling Hyejoo so much. While her attitude is the same as Gowon. They both act like princess. But at some point Sooyoung also found how Chaewon also act like Hyejoo. But the way she’s talking, it’s absolutely Gowon.


“I’m sorry, did I make them worried?”


“They’re always worried.”


Chaewon state. Lowered her head as she play with her gown. Failed to notice how Sooyoung’s smile fall off of her face. There’s a drop in her stomach. A cut in her heart. Only by that. But Sooyoung doesn’t say anything. Let the silence surrounding them, while her gaze slowly turns empty. Stare at nothing.


“Oh! Aunt Hyunjin is calling!”


Chaewon stand abruptly. Startling Sooyoung as she immediately straighten herself. Found Chaewon tapping her gown, before those sharp but rounder than Hyejoo’s eyes are fixed on Sooyoung.


“I’ll talk to you again soon, aunt Yves! Please wake up soon! Let’s play all day long!”


Sooyoung stare at Chaewon. Watching how the little girl smile widely. Spreading her arms to her sides. At this point, Chaewon somehow reminds Sooyoung to herself. Especially after the memory of her first meeting with Hyejoo came into her mind. They were young and pure at that time. The only thing they know was just playing til they’re exhausted. So..

How they turn into this?


“I’m sorry Chaewon..”


How those once pure, innocent kids, turns into something like this?


“They’ll have to wait a bit more.”


———


“Chaewon? You there??”


“Yes, aunt Hyunjin! I’m here!”


Hyunjin poked her head into the room. Her hand on the doorknob, pushing it lightly so she can get a better view of Chaewon sitting beside the bed. Holding onto Sooyoung’s hand just to release it the moment Hyunjin open the door wider.


“Let’s go, breakfast is ready. Your Highness— I mean, Gowon is waiting for you..”


Hyunjin stutter. Hitting her head mentally. While Chaewon just giggling. Hop off the chair and walking towards Hyunjin who just looking at her.


“Mama will be mad if she knows you still call her that”


“Can you spare my life, then?”


“Let’s see..”


Chaewon put her point finger on her chin. Pretend to think for awhile, while Hyunjin just stare. Somehow feel nervous.


“You also thought the same?”


Heejin look up from her breakfast. Stare at Gowon who sitting right across of her. Nodding her head once, as an answer. Not even bother to glance at Heejin who just sigh.


“But, even though the tree is indeed The Tree of Life. That doesn’t explain why it suddenly appears out of nowhere? I mean, I know The Tree of Life is somehow hidden in Earth. Still, it doesn’t explain anything, like.. why Sooyoung and Vivi aren’t wake up yet?”


“Just to remind you, Sooyoung steal a forbidden fruit. Luring Jiwoo. And yeah, me too.”


“Yeah, you too. Except for the fact that you already ate the fruit before they did. And the fruit of life too, a long way before you, and them ate the flower of life, which makes you three able to escape from Eden.”


“Sooyoung and Jiwoo were about to eat the fruit of life too..”


“Yeah. Once they’ve officially crowned as Seraphim and Ophanim. Til’ then.. they’re still mortal. And instead of having you and Yerim sneak into Eden, open the gate to where The Tree of Life is. The tree itself is showing right before our eyes! Like.. the is happening?!”


“There’s too much differences. Indeed.”


“It is! And it’s about time he come after our throats! I can feel it!!”


Heejin subconsciously slam her hand on the table. Groaning in frustration. While in the other hand, Gowon eventually looks at her. Raised an eyebrow before that smirk curved on her face.


“Oh.. him? Your husband?”


Gowon said teasingly. Her eyes back on her breakfast as she absolutely knows how Heejin snapped her head towards her. Glaring, with a finger points at her direction.


“Don’t you dare! The first God always know that I.. never wanted a husband! I ate the fruit of knowledge and fruit of life, a long way before Adam and Eve did! I escaped the Eden before you all did!”


“Yeah, yeah, you want a wife. Since you fell in love with the first God’s messenger who supposed to bring you back to Eden..”


“It’s a different case! And It’s Hyunjin! My soul fell in love with her!”


“Sure thing, Lilith.”


Gowon nod over her own words. Just to shaking her head slowly after, found Heejin pouting. Fold her fist in the air before she bring it back to grab her fork.


“That ing bastard keeps on killing Hyunjin tho. Lucky Hyunjin also ate the fruit, so she’ll be able to reincarnated every times she gets killed. But still we’ll be become mortal when we’re facing the same immortal being as us. It’s frustrating.”


That coming from Heejin weakly. But it’s enough for Gowon to hear, as those words manages to makes Gowon stop her motion. Freezes on her seat.


“And the fact that this timeline is so different. I don’t know what will happen to us if he ended up show up sooner than we can expect. We’re still weak compared to him. I remember we were able to beat him the last time was because Hyejoo is on our sides. But still.. we lost so many—“


“We just need to cast the spell again.”


It coming from Gowon out of sudden. Cut Heejin’s words. Let Heejin snapped her head forward again. Giving Gowon such a complicated gaze, absolutely notice the emotionless face Gowon is showing her right now.


“Gowon.. You do know what will happen if the loop expands, right—“


“Let it be..”


Gowon state calmly. Take a time to look at her own breakfast before she lift her head. Staring at Heejin with nothing but emptiness in her eyes.


“You know I’m not the only one who can let things go, right?”


Then it slipped out of Gowon’s lips. Somehow cause the heavy, tense air to appears around them. Surrounding them, while Heejin just stare. Seeing how that mocking smile slowly creep onto Gowon’s face.


“You know the main spell can’t be cast with just me, right?”


Gowon smirk at her own words. Stare right into Heejin’s eyes, just to notice how Heejin’s brows twitch at that.


“Gowon..”


“We all wants this, Heejin.”


Gowon continue. Subconsciously hardened her jaw. Tightened her grip on her cutlery, while her gaze still looks so empty and dark, staring at Heejin.


“We’re all here, cause we want the same thing. We came this far cause no one of us, want to lose them, correct?“


Heejin gulp in silence. She can feel the heavy air suddenly weighing on her shoulders. The pressure she somehow gets only by the way, Gowon staring at her. It makes her can’t help, but feel small. 

Heejin knows Gowon somehow lose her power. But even though like that, Heejin absolutely know the girl who sitting across of her is no other but The Princess of Eden. 

The girl who will be the next God.


“.. Gowon..”


If just she didn’t escape from Eden—


“SPEED UP! AUNT HYUNJIN!!”


That voice ringing. Snapped not only Heejin but Gowon out of her state. Turn their head to the side just to see Chaewon who is on Hyunjin’s shoulders, is beaming. Grabbing tightly on Hyunjin’s hair, as if it was reins. While Hyunjin barking all the way, walking kinda fast towards the dining room. Earn a laugh from Chaewon that manages to melt Gowon’s heart only by the sound of it.


“Hey, mama! Hey, aunt Heejin!”


Chaewon greet, smile widely while still on Hyunjin’s shoulders as the latter stops her steps. Standing right beside the dining table. Before Hyunjin carefully lift Chaewon off of her shoulders, putting the little girl back on her feet. Just to see Chaewon running towards Gowon the next second.


“Hey, sweetie..”


Gowon push herself away from the dining table. Turn herself towards Chaewon who immediately jumped into her embrace. The time Gowon opens her arms wide, let Chaewon immediately climb up and sit on her lap.


“You two having breakfast without me?”


Chaewon frowned. Noticing how Gowon and Heejin’s plate aren’t perfect anymore. Compared to hers and Hyunjin’s, who slowly walking to take a seat beside Heejin. Giving Heejin a look too, as Hyunjin absolutely notice how unusual Heejin’s looks right now. But in the other hand, Heejin just offer Hyunjin a tiny smile. Signaling Hyunjin to just sit and talk later.

It works tho, as Hyunjin immediately slide onto her seat. Grabbing her cutlery and peacefully eat. The same as Chaewon who quickly hopped onto the seat next to Gowon, start eating her breakfast. While Gowon just watching, smiling to herself.


“I can’t risk anything, Heejin.”


The words ringing in Heejin’s mind. Climbing down the stairs carefully with a tray of food on her hand. Heading to the mansion’s basement. Bringing the breakfast to Professor Lee who rarely leaves the room. Probably too busy studying Vivi, to even have his focus get bothers by something like come upstairs to eat. That’s why, his meals mostly delivered by Hyunjin, and sometimes Heejin at this point, as Heejin realizes she’s been standing in front of the door since a while ago.


“Especially, not after Chaewon came into my life.”


And yet, Gowon’s voice from a while ago still ringing in Heejin’s head. Makes her sigh deeply, as the images spinning in her head. Right after the breakfast, Chaewon bring Hyunjin to play with her in the backyard. Leaving only Heejin and Gowon once again in the dining room, only by themselves. Somehow to continued their conversation. Til’ Chaewon call for Gowon. While Heejin volunteered herself to bring the food to Professor Lee. Absolutely notice how Chaewon wants to play longer with Hyunjin.

And yeah, now, here Heejin is.


“What’s with your face?”


“Huh??”


Heejin snapped her head towards the direction. Snapped herself out of her thoughts too. Just to found Professor Lee glance at her. Before his gaze back on Vivi again.


“Just so you know. I’m trying my best here.”


Professor Lee state. Staring at Vivi who is inside the experiment pod, in the middle of the room. The pod is filled with liquid to makes sure Vivi’s body won’t be rusty, since it’s from metal and iron. Those black cables are all over Vivi’s body. Coming from outside as to makes sure to keeps Vivi alive, even with that big hole on her chest. And it’s not only that, Vivi also miss an arm. The sight that makes Heejin press her lips together in guilt.


“Thank you. That cassette tape was keeping her alive. But it’s gone now.”


Heejin state. Caught the Professor Lee’s attention as he turn his head towards Heejin for a second, before he staring back at Vivi.


“Well, the thing is.. How can a cassette tape play a role as a heart? It still doesn’t make sense to me.”


Professor Lee state, matter of factly. As he found it was such a nonsense. Like, how?


“Nothing makes sense here, Professor”


And yet, Heejin is right. Nothing makes sense here. Vivi was a human, who just suddenly turn into an android. With a cassette tape was keeping her moving. Living. Alive. Instead of those black cables all over the body, and that experiment pod with the liquid drowning her.


“.. You’re right.”


Also the fact that Professor failed to reconnect Vivi’s arm to the body, making him realize that, even though Vivi is an android, her body will still rot like a human when there’s an untreated wound. There’s a time limit to rejoin those part of the body. And when it’s passed the time limit. It can’t be rejoined anymore.

He have tried. But somehow it didn’t work even though he sure he’s doing the right thing. Vivi’s body is just.. different from all the machines he have handled.

But again, Vivi isn’t a machine in the first place.


“Anyway, I haven’t said this, but it’s good to see you again, Ms. Jeon.”


Professor Lee suddenly state. Walking towards the tray Heejin had brought for him. Take a seat near the small table where Heejin was placed the tray. A few steps kinda far from the pod. Watching how Heejin walking towards it.


“Good to see you too, Professor. I remember you’re still very young back then.”


Heejin said with a teasing smile on her face. Turn to Professor Lee slightly, just to earn a scoffed from the latter.


“You’re the one who never gets old, Ms. Jeon. If just I’m not into machines. I probably will studying you like Ms. Vivi right here. Like.. how on earth there’s an immortal in this planet? Surely nothing makes sense here”


Those words coming from Proffessor Lee, so smoothly. Makes Heejin can’t help but let out a small chuckle as she found Professor Lee, sitting quietly, munching his food.


“Straightforward as usual, I see.”


Heejin said with a smile. Earn a shrugged from Professor Lee who just continue eating his food. Seeing how Heejin now fully turns towards the pod, that is right in front of her right now.


“Oh, right. Just out of my curiosity, is Hyunjin is the same Hyunjin you’ve been talking about long ago?”


And as the question was very unexpected for Heejin. It’s also unexpected for Professor Lee too, to see Heejin’s palm stops in the air, as the latter was about to touch the glass pod with her hand. Freezes on her spot.

But later, Heejin quickly gain her composure. Placing her palm on the glass pod as she watching the girl inside the pod with a bitter smile.


“Yes.. she is”


It coming smoothly from Heejin’s lips. As those images spinning in her head. The memory when she met Hyunjin in different lifetime. Only to watch the girl gets killed every single time, by the same person who little did she knows is already on earth by the time.

The man that supposed to be her husband in Eden.

Adam.


———


“Wakey-wakey!”


.. What is this? Why it feels familiar?


“Wake up, gorgeous! The weather is so good!”


.. Like a deja vu?

The way that voice get into her ears. A light kiss on her forehead. The dazzling light that immediately hitting her eyes. Found herself grumble, raising her hand to block the light from her vision. Open her eyes just to hear a click in her head.

This is indeed, familiar. She saw this in her mind before.

The different is, instead of a glitch. She found herself staring at that girl from the gap of her fingers, as she freezes on her spot. Widening her eyes at the realization. Before that soft pat on her head successfully pulled her out of her thoughts. Snapped her head up quickly, just to found Jungeun staring down at her. Brows furrowed, in concern and questions, while standing besides the bed.


“You okay?”


Run her fingers through Jinsoul’s hair, Jungeun asked. Stare right into those eyes that stare complicatedly at hers. Just to found her brows twitch the next second, noticing how that blue circle appears in Jinsoul’s left eye. Flickering.


“.. Jinsol—“


And suddenly Jinsoul clutching onto her left eye. Screaming out loud. Caught Jungeun by surprise as she jump on her spot, before immediately rush towards the older. Grabbing onto Jinsoul’s shoulder who start to curling on the bed.


“Sol?! Jinsol?!”


Jungeun calls in panic. Confusion written all over her face. Absolutely notice how Jinsoul is absolutely in pain. Tightening the grip on the side of her face, makes Jungeun trying hard to hold onto Jinsoul’s hand. Making sure Jinsoul doesn’t clutch her face too hard to hurt herself.

And later, Jungeun left with no choice but to pinned Jinsoul down on the bed. Holds onto Jinsoul’s wrists while the latter trying hard to break free. Screaming in anger and pain. While Jungeun gritted her teeth, forced to use her own power to overpower Jinsoul’s, as the blue circle somehow glowing so much brighter than Jungeun ever witnessed.


‘What’s happening?!‘


The heavy air start to weighing on Jungeun. But she’s still try to holds onto Jinsoul. Prevent the girl from doing anything, when she notice how those nails leaves a red marks on Jinsoul’s left side of the face, around the left eye.


“JINSOL?! SOL?! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!”


Jungeun shout. Hoping she will be able to reach Jinsoul who somehow start to losing herself. Stare emptily at nothing while still screaming in pain. The sight hurting Jungeun, as she gritted her teeth even more. She’s absolutely have no idea what is happening right now. And it scared her.


“JINSOL—“


“Jungeun..”


Then it slipped out of Jinsoul’s lips. Snapped Jungeun out of her state, her breath hitched. Widened her eyes in surprise and disbelief. Watching how Jinsoul suddenly become weak under her holds. But it’s not the surprising part, but the way Jinsoul’s eyes are unfocused. Despite the circle that still glowing so bright, those tears are also escaping from those eyes. Streaming down all over Jinsoul’s face.


“Where are you?”


As if the words can hurts Jungeun. Jungeun feels a slight cut in her heart. Feeling herself freezes on her spot as she widened her eyes. Staring down at Jinsoul who’s crying under her. Jinsoul’s lips quiver. The voice is shaking.


“Jungeun.. where are you?”


The breath sounds so heavy. Jungeun really can’t understand what happen. Why Jinsoul is searching for her, when she’s right in front of her?


“J-Jinsol?”


“Jungeun, where are you?! I’m scared! Jungeun?!”


“Jinsol, I’m right here! Jinsol!”


Put her confusion asides. Jungeun grips on Jinsoul’s wrists tighter. Call for the latter. But somehow those eyes still looks empty, unfocused, stare at nothing. That blue circle is flickering. Til’ Jinsoul’s emotionless face changed. As if the latter saw something so terrifying in front of her. Makes her body shaking so hard. In fear.


“J-Jungeun? Jungeun.. Jungeun! JUNGEUN?!”


Then the circle glows once again. Along with that strength coming out of nowhere, filled Jinsoul’s body. Makes Jungeun feel taken aback. Almost got thrown away by Jinsoul. But Jungeun manages to holds onto Jinsoul. Pushing the latter down even more.


“JINSOL—“


“DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE! JUNGEUN!”


Again that voice snapped Jungeun out of her state. Holds onto Jinsoul, trapping Jinsoul under her, while Jinsoul trying to break free even harder. Start to kicking and shaking her arms so hard. But Jungeun also trying hard. Using her power to makes sure Jinsoul stay on the bed. Even though the heavy air from Jinsoul’s power also weighed even more on her.

And the sight serves in front of Jungeun the next second, makes Jungeun can’t help but feel her breath getting stuck in . The blue circle in Jinsoul’s left eye..

.. is expanding.


“Jinsoul?”


Take over Jinsoul’s dark iris slowly. It’s still flickering, and Jungeun doesn’t know what to do. She knows the sight is absolutely a bad sign to her. But she doesn’t know how to stop the circle from expanding. Til’—


“JUNG JINSOL! KIM JUNGEUN!”


Yerim suddenly appears in the room. Out of sudden. Along with Yeojin behind her. Caught Jungeun’s attention as she glance slightly towards the two. Accidentally lowered her guard as she quickly gets thrown away. But before she can hit the hard wall of the room. Something caught her. Circling around her waist, as she recognized it as..


‘Plant?!’


“JUNGEUN STOP THE TIME!”


Not having the time to think about the magical plant that somehow appears out of nowhere. Jungeun immediately use her power. This time to stop the time, as everything suddenly turns black and white except for the four of them.


“YERIM?!”


Then it caught Jungeun by surprise. Noticing how Jinsoul is forced to stay in bed with the same plants holds onto the latter. Turning to her side, Jungeun can’t help but gasp in disbelief.

Yerim is on her knees, with Yeojin next to her. The purple portal is long gone. But the purple circle in Yerim’s right eye somehow glowing brighter. And to Jungeun surprise, it was also the same as Jinsoul’s before. That purple circle is glowing too bright, for Jungeun to ever witnessed.


“YERIM?!”


Jungeun run towards Yerim, the time the plant around her waist is vanished into the thin air. Kneeling in front of the younger, just to realize Yerim is almost in the same state as Jinsoul.

The purple circle is also expanding.


“What’s happening—“


And as Jungeun can hear a click on the back of her head. She also can feel something on the back of it. Like something placed right on the back of her head. Waiting for whoever it is to pull the trigger and let that bullet pierced into her head. Even though she absolutely knows.

There’s no ones behind her right now.


“HEEJIN?!”


Heejin snapped her head to the direction. Seeing Hyunjin burst into the basement. Panting hardly, just to found Heejin is standing there. With those things in black and white around them. Except for the both of them, and .. somehow,

Vivi?


“.. what’s happening, mama?”


Chaewon turns to Gowon. Stare at the latter just to see how Gowon’s face somehow full of fear. Looking up at the sky. Especially at that red circle in the sky.

The sun is covered by the moon.


“.. Eclipse?”


The Ring of Fire Solar Eclipse.

Being another thing that color in that black and white world. And this phenomenon, isn’t only witnessed by Gowon and Chaewon but those people too, as they stare at the Eclipse. Frowning, wondering what is happening. That overflowing power can be feel through the air. It sends a strange chill to their bones. But they can’t identify it, nor recognize it.

It just.. feels so strong.


“.. The Tree of Life?”


And besides the sun. The tree also colored like those people. Despite of everything suddenly turns black and white around it. The tree, it starts to shining. That silver color as usual, with those white petals start to flying around in the air. Coming from the tree itself.

Something feels off. Something suddenly shift. All of them can feel it. And actually it’s not only them. Even in different spaces. Different places. Different dimensions. Those two also can feel it. As the both of them turn their head, glance behind their back when they can feel that strange air manages to reach them.


“.. What is this?”


Sooyoung mumbled under her breath. Getting on her feet with a frowned visible on her face. Before she slowly looking down on her feet. Looking down at that black feather half mask to be exact.


“It’s about time..”


Hyejoo turns her head to where the voice coming from. Seeing her other self is standing a few steps away from her. Crossing her arms on her chest, lift the side of the lips. Those eyes turns silver instead of red.


“One memory can change everything.”


Especially with darkness surrounding them. Those eyes are glowing brightly. Glance at Hyejoo who just stare. Let that magically light under their feet be the only source of light to shines on them. Let Hyejoo witness how her other self is glitching right before her eyes.


“We might wake The Queen up. But we have The Crown on our side”


———


The cassette tape is playing inside the player. She’s just sitting there, on that single couch. Watching. Waiting. The sand in that hourglass on the small table near her, keeps on falling.

Meanwhile in the other side, the gunshot can be heard. Reds were flying across the air. Stains are on the floor. Turning into puddle. Flowing freely from that one body, helplessly laying on the floor. Life was forcefully being out of it. Right after that hot metal pierced into the head.

The sands falls, and everything’s turns so terrifying in a second.

Especially for these two, as they have to witnessed something they wish they would’ve never seen. Something they wish it was just a dream. A nightmare.

But unfortunately, this is reality.


“J-Jungeun?”


Jiwoo and Haseul managed to recognize the hopeless body on the floor. It’s the one who mess with Jungeun and Jinsoul. And even though they hate the girl so much to kidnapped Jungeun. This is never be the thing they wanted to see, happened to the girl. They never want, never wish the girl to be such in a state. Covering by red.

While that light brown haired girl is standing there. Unfazed, gripping on the gun, while her other hand grip on her guitar bag straps, casually. Slowly turns to the two. Glance to Jiwoo and Haseul just to makes their breath hitched, when the bandage fall off of the face. Revealing that straight line of fresh wound that going down from the temple to the cheek, along with red circle in the left eye.

It’s expanding. Slowly taking over the iris original color.


“.. Jungeun?”


And the sands keeps on falling.

The time is ticking. And the red is fully take over the left eye. Glowing with emptiness. Stare at those pair of eyes that staring back in fear, shock and disbelief. Til’ the two found themselves feel threatened. The time that gun is raised towards them.

Jungeun is ready to pull the trigger. And there’s not much sands remaining on the upper side.

It’s about time.

The memories will come back. The realization will hits. The hopeless wish will vanished. The confusion will disappear.

And so many questions will be answered.

It’s about time.. two timelines fully become one.


“Re:WIND..”

 

The time that word escape to the air. The time there's no sands remaining in the upper side of the hourglass. The time she, open her eyes slowly. Stare at nothing while still sitting on that one single couch. 

The red circle is glowing in her left eye.

 

Til' it rapidly expanding.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 

 

-oh, wow, PTT really inspired me :]