Parallel Sign

Re:WIND


It seems like a peaceful night. Somehow.

Til the strong wind blows on the back of their neck. Out of sudden. Out of nowhere. Tense them up with that unexplainable feeling, adrenaline, and fear of something that they not even know what it is.

It feels weird. Terrifying. But no one’s actually know what the wind means. Nor the hidden message it brings.

Except her.


“Princess??”


It snapped her out of her state. Automatically makes her turn to her side. Just to found that little girl standing there. Looking up at her, puzzled.


“Is there something’s wrong??”


The little girl asked. But she just stare, stay quiet for a few seconds before she curve a tiny smile on her face. Turning to face the starry night up there. While that little girl followed her gesture.


“It’s nothing Chaewon..”


She said.


But, it’s a lie.


———


Morning has come. The sun shone through the curtains.

And it’s not usually like Jungeun. Usually she still deep in her sleep at this hour. But that weird dream shake her up. Forcing her to wide awake as she sitting on the side of the bed. Back facing that certain blonde girl who still sleeping peacefully not far from her.

Glancing behind, she makes sure that girl still sleeping while she breath heavily on the other side of the bed. Cold sweat rolling down on her face.

She is panting. Like she just run for miles without any stop. But sadly, it’s not the case. She had a nightmare. A single nightmare with various events happening. All those events which related to one and only girl.


Jung Jinsol.


But little did Jungeun know, she is not the only one who suddenly had a nightmare. There’s someone too. It just a bit different. The nightmare isn’t about Jinsoul. But another girl. The girl that means everything to this person.

And it will become reality. Sooner than Jungeun’s dream.


———


“HELLO! EARTH TO JO HASEUL!!”


It’s still too early for her. To be awake and to be screamed at. But she have no choice, except to keep up with these two in such an early morning.

Have to drive them to school since Yerim have a match that about to start in two hours. And her little sister wants to support her to the fullest. Well, that’s sweet. Except for the part where she have to leave her comfy bed at this hour. Ditch her warm blanket. And forced herself to wide awake with a cup of americano she gets from no other but the coffee shop she owns.

The Carol.


“Shut up, Im Yeojin. You don’t see I try to stay awake here???”


“Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. You look like —“


“Oh, shut up.”


Haseul says. Rubbing her face tiredly before she gulp down her americano as fast as she can. It makes Yeojin stare at her in awe. While in the other hand, Yerim who stay quiet since a while ago just glance at the sisters. Wondering what should she do at this exact moment. She absolutely notice how Haseul totally looks like a zombie at this fine day.

It’s too obvious tho, even Jiwoo was scolding her while handing the americano earlier. But Haseul just ignored her. Walked out of The Carol. Even though Jiwoo loud voice was deafening, the older still didn’t bother to respond.


“I’mma pick up Vivi. You okay alone, right?”


“How old you think I am? Five?”


Yeojin raised her brow at the end of her words. Glaring at her older sister who just rolled her eyes. Feeling so done somehow.


“I’ll accompany her for a bit. Don’t worry! Jungeun and Jinsol are on the way!”


Eventually, Yerim decided to meddling. Earn a slight glance from Haseul that just smile to herself. Throwing the empty cup to the trash can, before she reach for Yerim’s head with her other hand. Pat the top of the younger girl’s hair softly.


“Alright, sweetie. I leave that kid on your hand”


“I’M NOT A KID!!”


Yeojin exclaimed. Stomps her feet on the ground. It looks cute. Especially in Yerim’s eyes who can’t help but let out a small ‘aww’ at that. Absolutely earn a glare from Yeojin. While Haseul just smile. Having no energy to little sister as she just messed with Yeojin’s hair before walking away. Ignoring how Yeojin protests against her actions. While Yerim waving her hand in the air, telling Haseul to drive safely and not forcing herself, in case she feels too tired.

And Haseul feel touched by that. Showing her thumbs up to Yerim before she finally out of the sight. Leaving Yerim and Yeojin there. A second before Yerim turn to Yeojin. Hearing a sigh escape from the smaller girl lips.


“Last night was her chance to rest. But, it seems like, she didn’t even get a proper sleep”


Yeojin said abruptly. Stare at nothing. While Yerim just stay quiet for a few seconds. Frowned.


“Do you perhaps know why?”


Yerim asked. But what she got next is Yeojin who shrugged her shoulders. Crossing her arms on her chest, then sighing for the second time.


“I just know Vivi somehow haven’t replied to her message. Well, you must think Vivi is busy, right? Since, you know? Vivi is working in such a busy industry. But..”


Yeojin hanging her words, bite her lower lip hesitantly. Staring at the last spot Haseul was, before the latter lost from their sight.


“I have a bad feeling, somehow..”


It makes the atmosphere heavier. Let the silence filled the air around them. As they’re still there. Standing in front of the school gate.

Busy with their own thoughts.


———


It’s quiet. The ride is so quiet.

Despite of how loud the horns echoing around her. Despite of how crowded the sidewalk with those people rushing to get to their destination.

It still feels too quiet. Even with the dialing sounds be the only thing that filled the silence inside her car. Filled her hearing. It still feels too quiet for her. Especially after she see the call ends by itself. Telling her the other person on the other side can’t answer the call at this moment.

The same answer she got since last night.

And she just stay silence by that. Staring emptily at the screen before it turns black a few seconds later. The same time as the traffic lights turn green. Makes her immediately step on the gas pedal, throw her phone to the passenger seat as she drive her car to the exact apartment building. Failed to notice the white feather that lays helplessly on the passenger seat.

Til’ she finally reach her destination.

Grabbing her phone, and stop her move the second her eyes catch the white feather on the seat. Frown immediately appears on her face. Wondering how can a feather get into her car out of nowhere.


‘Was it Yeojin? Since Yeojin was the one who sit here a few moments ago’


She’s wondering for a split of seconds. Only to shrugged it off and snatch her phone the next second. Exiting her car and lock it. Walking to the elevator. Absolutely pay no mind to the white feather that little did she know, somehow start to burning with a fire that coming out of nowhere. Disappeared without any trace.

The walk to the exact apartment unit is absolutely filled with silence.

With only her footsteps echoing in the hallway. Slowly dies down the time she stop in front of the door. Stare at it for a few seconds. As if to prepare herself from whatever that will welcome her the time she insert the password.

Nervousness and somehow fear start to creep inside of her. She doesn’t know why, or where those emotions suddenly come from. But she know those emotions are there, the time she let her hand landed on the doorknob, pushing the door open. 

Her heart start to beating so fast. She know something’s totally wrong, once the iron smell filled her sense. Stopping her steps immediately, as she just step into the unit.

Shutting the door behind. The fear grows. But she decided to take a step ahead. Walking towards the iron smell. Pulling her phone out of her pocket. Her hands are shaking. Her finger tremblingly press the contact on her phone screen. Dial the number of that exact person and bring the phone to her ear. Just to catch the familiar melody playing from the room not far from where she’s standing. Along with the dialing sound that coming from her own phone.

Holding her breath without knowing why. She brings herself to the direction. Noticing how the smells getting stronger with every steps she takes. Especially when she stands right in front of the room. Stare at the wooden door and realize how the room is slightly open. 

The smells is strong. And she absolutely know it will getting stronger the time she grab on the doorknob.

Push the door open. She didn’t expect anything when she let the door swinging. Not even prepare to whatever that will serve right before her eyes at the moment.

But for sure, she never expected something like this. Her body suddenly went stiff. Eyes wide. Mouth agape. Her phone slip out of her grip. Hit the ground with a loud thud. 


“K-Kahei..”


And for the very first time today. The name slipped out of her lips. It’s shaking. The same as her body. Her eyes.

It feels like a brick fall on her out of nowhere. Crushing her. Breaking her, as she just standing there. Frozen. Staring at the body that covered by red on the floor.

The sight.. is frightening.


“K-K—Kahei..”


And she can’t help but feel her knees become weak. She knows she get used to see that red liquid, she is a doctor. But to see it colored someone that means so much to her.


“.. what the hell..”


It’s nightmare.


———


“Jungeun?”


Jungeun jump on her seat. Startled. Snapped her head to the side. Meeting Jinsoul’s eyes that staring at hers in confusion and worry.


“You’re zoning out.. again”


Jinsoul speaks softly. Bring her hand to Jungeun’s who just blink her eyes for a few times. Curve a tiny smile on her face, before turn forward again. Shrugged her shoulders at nothing.


“Sorry.. I was just suddenly thought about something”


Jungeun chuckle at the end of her words. Pulling the hand brake. And take off her seatbelt. 


“What is it?”


But Jinsoul notice how it sounds dry. Makes her stare at Jungeun intensely. Try to read whatever inside the younger girl’s head, the time Jungeun turn to her.

Nothing’s actually coming from Jungeun tho. Except for that small smile on her face.


“Just thinking.. what is actually happened last night. Like.. you know? Us?”


Jungeun became shy. Facing forward again while tightly grab on the wheel. Bite her lower lip in nervous. Glance at nothing as they already arrived at Yerim’s school.

There’s a lot of people that she assume as students passing by in front of her car. Glancing at her before their gaze fully on the girl beside her.


‘Oh.. right’


She tell herself. Realizing as she turn to Jinsoul once again. Just to meet Jinsoul’s eyes that still stare intensely at hers. There’s warmth in there, but there’s also suspicion.

But later, it immediately disappeared. The time Jinsoul shut her eyes. Sighing and leaning on her seat. Running her hands through her hair. There’s a smile on her face.


“Well, if you mentioned about last night. I actually have no idea about what happened. It just..”


Jinsoul hanging the words. Opened her eyes slowly just to stare at Jungeun. Again, reach for the younger’s hand who silently follow the gesture with her eyes. Til’ their gaze locked with each other.


“.. somehow this is feels right..”


Jinsoul speaks softly. Turning to fully face Jungeun who looks dumbfounded. Stare into Jinsoul’s eyes that staring back at hers.


“Even with our different memory?”


It slipped from Jungeun’s lips. Somehow curve a tiny smile on her face. It looks bitter the time Jungeun look down at her hand beneath Jinsoul’s. And Jinsoul notice that, makes her immediately intertwined their fingers together. Signaling Jungeun to look up at her.


“Even with our different memory..”


And Jungeun did. Shot her brows up. Looks surprised. But Jinsoul just smile, her gaze softened.


“I’m sure you’re still that Jungeun. No matter what. You’re still Kim Jungeun..”


Jinsoul’s hold tightened. Brush her thumb on the back of Jungeun’s hand when her mind fly back to the time when everything isn’t this complicated. Before the different memory. Before everything changed, and out of control.

The time when she feel calmer, safe, and at peace. When she kissed Jungeun at the studio on their first meeting. When she being clingy on the photoshoot.

It seems weird and too fast. But somehow, she knows.. Jungeun feels like home. And she been deny it. Til’ that magic words slip out of Jungeun’s lips last night.

One sentence. Three words. Eight letters.

It was enough to change the unexplainable hatred Jinsoul always felt. Make it disappear without any trace. Replaced by the longing feeling she can’t understand before, filled her body.

There’s a lot, much more Jinsoul can’t understand. There’s much more things Jinsoul doesn’t know. The mysteries aren’t unfolding yet. But at least she sure enough, this Jungeun who is with her right now, is the same Jungeun she kissed at the studio.

Somehow she sure, it’s the same Jungeun. 

And it was at this time, Jinsoul forget her suspicions. Her guesses. Her complicated thoughts about their current situation. Her personal theories. Everything.

The time she felt that soft pair of lips on her own. A hand on the back of her neck. Pulling her, and let her feel those butterflies in her stomach.


“I love you, Jung Jinsol..”


It felt amazing. She sure she never felt that sensation before. For as long as she can remember. But somehow, it feels familiar. And somehow..

There’s an unexplainable fear appears in her chest. Getting clearer the time her gaze fixed on Jungeun’s eyes.


“I love you so much”


“DON’T DO THIS!”


A vision flashed before her eyes. The back of someone she try to reach.

But can’t..

Light brown haired. Black coat. And—


Knock. Knock.


The sounds interrupted her. Pulling her out of her mind as she turn around. Meeting that wide smile of that girl. Standing next to her door.


“Jiwoo!”


Then it coming from Jungeun, makes Jinsoul turn again. Just to watch Jungeun quickly get out of the car. Greeting that cute girl who smile smugly, wiggling her brows. Teasingly smirking at Jungeun and Jinsoul.

And it was at that time Jinsoul know she doomed. But she couldn’t care less. Especially when her eyes caught someone else that standing a few steps behind the cute girl. Staring back at her. Shock and surprise. Just like her.


‘No way..’


“Yo! Can you believe, Sooyoung got an amnesia?! She somehow can’t remember anything! And she told me she’s still a ballerina?? She quit a long time ago!!”


Jiwoo state. Sounds enthusiastic, somehow. Moving her hands around, as to support her words. But little did she know, Jungeun’s brows quietly twitch by that. Stealing a glance to Jinsoul, who have her gaze fixed on the other girl in the group, ever since she stepped out of the car.

Ha Sooyoung.


‘.. No way..’


The gaze looks so intense. And it’s not just Jinsoul. Sooyoung also do the same. A frowned visible on their faces. Til’ Jungeun notice how the air around them suddenly feels heavy. The same time when Jiwoo told them the match is about to start, and gesture them to follow her as she start to stepped away. But what Jungeun do is the opposite.


“JINSOL! NO!”


All of sudden. She jumped in front of Jinsoul. Grabbing both of Jinsoul’s shoulders and stare right into Jinsoul’s eyes. 

Panic is visible in Jungeun’s face. Especially when she notice how that blue circle slowly appears in Jinsoul’s left eye. The same as the strong wind that coming out of nowhere start to surrounding them.

And now, it’s not only Jungeun who notice there’s something wrong at the moment. But Sooyoung too. And Jiwoo, as she immediately grab Sooyoung’s wrist when she noticed Sooyoung’s motion. She recognized it in a flash.


“What are you doing?”


She recognized the move. Absolutely know what Sooyoung about to do. Especially when she saw that small light particles started to appear above Sooyoung’s head. Only fade away when Sooyoung’s eyes met her glare.

And Jungeun who glance slightly at them quickly have her gaze back on Jinsoul. Noticing how Jinsoul gritted her teeth in anger.


‘What is going on???’


“Jin—“


“Move.”


Jinsoul cut the words. Makes Jungeun feel kinda taken aback by that. But the next second, Jungeun immediately get ahold of herself. Tightening her grips on Jinsoul’s shoulders, as to prevent Jinsoul from doing anything bad at the moment.


“No.”


And she makes sure Jinsoul won’t do anything bad at this exact moment. Even with that sharp gaze absolutely on her now. Stare unhappily at hers.

That blue circle is glowing. And Jungeun can’t help but let her red circle to appear too. Try to neutralize Jinsoul’s soon overflowing power.


“Move Jungeun.”


The voice coming too cold and low from Jinsoul. But Jungeun didn’t budge.


“I said no.”


Her red circle glowing bright. But Jinsoul’s blue circle is brighter. And it was at that time, Jungeun quietly prepared herself. About to use her power, when—


“JUNG JINSOL!”


That voice startled her. And it’s not only her, but Jinsoul too, as they immediately turn to where the voice coming from. Just to see Yerim standing a few meters away from them. Already in her jersey. Panting so hard. And the most important part is..

That purple circle is glowing in Yerim’s right eye.


“Choi Yerim??”


And suddenly, it slipped out of Sooyoung’s lips. Makes Jungeun immediately snapped her head towards the direction. Just to see Jiwoo confused face, and Sooyoung’s gaze which is on Yerim. Now, slowly move to her.

Shock written all over Sooyoung’s face. And Jungeun know there’s no need for her to pay much attention to notice how Sooyoung stare at her in horror.


“What’s going on here?!”


Even with Yeojin’s loud voice, as Jungeun can see from the edge of her eyes, that she just arrived. Standing beside Yerim, also panting after trying so hard to catch up with the latter earlier.

Jungeun couldn’t care less. Especially when she locked eyes with Sooyoung.


“Jiwoo, why you never told me that you found those Odd Eye Circle, already?”


It coming out from Sooyoung’s lips. State coldly, just to makes that confusion get even more visible in Jiwoo’s face.


“Sooyoung, you know it already”


And now, it seems like Sooyoung and Jiwoo shared the same confusion. Stare at each other with that somehow identical frowned. But it’s not only them. Jungeun also feel the same confusion, til’ the voice caught her attention.


“Oh. So you have a different memory too?”


It was coming from Jinsoul. Makes Jungeun snapped her head at her. Seeing how Jinsoul’s gaze now fixed on Sooyoung, again.


‘.. h-huh???’


But it looks less darker and angrier.

It kinda looks arrogant this time, somehow. Along with that mocking smirk now plastered on Jinsoul’s face.


‘.. What’s going on???’


“What do you mean?”


Then Jungeun found herself snapped her head back at Sooyoung. Seeing that sharp gaze from Sooyoung, returning Jinsoul’s gaze. Meanwhile, Jiwoo looks so lost. Stare alternately at Sooyoung and Jinsoul. Before her gaze stop at Jungeun.

Asking what’s happening through her gaze, but the answer Jungeun can give her is a shake head. Telling Jiwoo that she also have no idea about what is happening, til—


Congrats! You found the red


It makes Jungeun tense up in her spot. Turn slowly to Jinsoul once again.

Just to see that unfamiliar gaze on the latter. It looks terrifying. Somehow triggered those memories from the back of her head.

Flashing rapidly. Starting from that image of Jinsoul in the blue uniform and the tsunami.

Jinsoul and the gun press on the head.

Then, it continued to the newest dream she just had last night.


“JINSOL!”


The nightmare that bothers her and makes her zoning out earlier. Forced her to lie to Jinsoul and said she just thought about what was happening to them last night.

Pretended to act shy with a chaos inside her head.


“Jinsol, wake up..”


“Please, Jinsol.. please”


“Don’t do this..”


Despair. Hopeless. Regret. Those images absolutely scream those words in Jungeun’s head. Ringing.

Those unfamiliar images scared her. It’s a dream, a nightmare that she wants to forget or straight up never want to dreamed of, ever. But somehow, it appears in her sleep last night. Haunting her in the morning. And this time, it started to play in her head for the nth times today.

Like a broken record. Showing her how Jinsoul is in her arm. Smile apologetically and let her see how that smile turn emotionless when those eyes also lost its light. The blonde haired slowly turns black. And that blue circle is completely disappeared when she embraced the older girl tightly in her arms.

The nightmare wasn’t stop there. It changed, showing her a different nightmares. The one where she helplessly hold onto the girl’s hand that no longer can return the warmth.

Where she hardly banging onto the blue barrier like ball, with that girl inside.

Where she scream in despair, curling down on the ground. Grabbing her haired in frustration. Tears streaming down on her face. Muttering that one exact name under her heavy breath.

The images keep changing from one to another. Forming a horrifying nightmare Jungeun ever had. And there’s much more of the nightmare, that Jungeun deeply thankful she didn’t catch all of it.

It just too much. And it’s all about Jinsoul.

About how the blue circle completely disappeared from the latter’s left eye. How the blonde haired turn black. About no matter what happened.

She will eventually lose her.


“Ring a bell?”


And Jungeun knows. Those words aren’t directed to her. But somehow it feels like it is.

Like it has a hidden message to her. Just like those dreams that somehow feels more like a memory to her. And she can’t help but feel terrified when she realizes that.

When she stare right at that blue circle again. And—

Another vision flash before her eyes.


“Re:Wind”


For a split of seconds.

Til’ that loud whistle, coming from the field pull her out of her state. Bringing her back to reality as she flinch on her spot. Seeing the vision fading away from her mind.


“Jungeun?”


Replaced by that familiar face and eyes that looks so concerned, staring at hers.

The blue circle is no longer there. And the air around her is no longer feels so heavy.


‘What is going on?’


“Jungeun, you okay? You look—“


“I’m fine.”


She cut the words. Pull her hand out of Jinsoul’s grip, somehow in fear when she notice Jinsoul been holding it. But when she realizes what she just did, she can’t help but feel guilt showering her.


“I..”


She about to reasoned, but later she couldn’t care less. A headache start to forming when she run her fingers through her blonde hair.

It’s frustrating.


‘What.. was that?’


“Jungeun, what’s wrong? Tell—“


“Where’s your mask? And cap? You need these, or else you will cause a scene.. since—“


“Kim Jungeun.”


That.

Somehow, makes Jungeun stop her rambling. Forced her to stop to be exact. Staring at Jinsoul eyes that staring back at hers. With those tight grip on her wrist. Pulling her hands down off of her blonde hair.


“What’s wrong?”


It coming out softly. But Jungeun doesn’t budge. Just stare. She can’t hide how scared she is when she looks down. Leaving Jinsoul in confused.

And Jungeun have no intention to enlighten her. Even with how trembling her hands which Jinsoul absolutely notice.


“Jungeun..”


Jinsoul tightening the grip. Not that hard to hurt Jungeun. Just enough to tell Jungeun that no ones around. Just her.

Yerim, Yeojin, Jiwoo and Sooyoung already left. There’s only them there. There’s nothing to worry. But, Jinsoul doesn’t know. It’s not the problem.

Jinsoul is the problem.

And those unfamiliar memories—like vision in Jungeun’s mind.

The images of how she try to catch up with Jinsoul after got hit by a car. The kiss in the studio. The photoshoot. The lunch before the kidnapping. The song. The trauma. 

Everything.

Everything that Jinsoul and Yerim told her, was pictured in her head. Detailed. Even those things that Jungeun doubt Jinsoul and Yerim knows, were flashing in her head.

Out of nowhere. All of sudden.

And it ended up with how she see herself in a red shirt, blonde hair. Pressing her finger on the button of cassette tape player and saying something that overlapping with other voice.

But for sure it was also her own voice. Just a bit colder. As the vision of her in red shirt was changed to her other self. But this time, instead of red shirt and blonde hair. She see herself with a light brown haired, blue flannel, black coat.

And, instead of a cassette tape player, she saw herself holding a black cassette tape. She notice it was the same cassette tape in the player. And to add some details, she also saw how the white feathers are hovering around her other self.

Then, it was at that time she notice that scar on the left side of the face.


“Jinsol..”


It reminds her of something.


“Yerim said, she have a scar on her left eye right?”


She hesitantly look up.


“Her hair is light brown.. black coat, blue flannel underneath and..”


Staring at Jinsoul in realization.


“Did Yerim ever mentioned that she have those circles in her eyes?”


Only to see Jinsoul flinch on her spot after those words. Shocked. And it’s enough to answer Jungeun’s question as she smile in fear.


“Was it me?”


The same time she heard that weird words ringing in her head, along with that black cassette tape that got burn by the fire which coming out of nowhere.

Burn with her other self.


“Re:Wind”


———


“You think, it’s okay for us to left them there by themselves?”


It suddenly coming from Sooyoung. Stare ahead at the field. Following Yerim’s movement with her gaze, as the younger wear a purple jersey that reminds her of the circle she saw in Yerim’s right eye a few moments ago.

Number eight was printed on the back of the jersey. Getting visible among Yerim’s high ponytail as the latter running and chasing after the ball.

She is good, Sooyoung thought. Quietly watching the game. Hearing how loud the audience are, cheering for the team they support.

The game was just starting, but the crowd already goes wild. Very contrast with how Sooyoung looks unbothered, sitting on her seat, cross her arms on her chest. And from the edge of her eyes, Sooyoung can see how Jiwoo turn to her. While Yeojin cheering along with the crowd, using a megaphone that makes her voice become even louder than it already is.

The guy beside Yeojin, that Sooyoung just knows named Jeongin also do the same. But, without a megaphone. And the other guy on Jeongin’s side that she know as Hwang Hyunjin looks almost unbothered. Glance occasionally to Jeongin as he try to focus on the game.

There’s a small smile on his face everytime he notice how excited Jeongin is. It makes Sooyoung raised her eyebrow, judgingly. Til’ she turn her head to the side. The time those words leave Jiwoo’s lips.


“.. I think, it’s fine..”


It surprisingly coming so late from Jiwoo. Probably was trying to reassure herself first, before she answers. And Sooyoung notice that, as she stare at the younger. That slight frown is visible on Jiwoo’s face as the latter’s eyes are absolutely focus on the field.


“Jinsoul is more worried than angry before we left..”


But not her mind.


“But, Jungeun somehow feels.. so unstable. I don’t know why, or how.. the book says the red circle is the most stable among all the circles, right? So.. how??”


Jiwoo turn to her. Try to getting a confirmation and reassurance over her own doubt and worry. But Sooyoung just stare for a few seconds, before turn her head forward.


“Indeed. But we can’t completely stick to what that old book said. A lot of things happened. The book only a guidance. A prediction about what might happen. It doesn’t have to materialized”


Sooyoung state calmly. 


“Besides, there’s a lot of things happening right now. I remember she mentioned about a different memory. Even though I actually have no idea what she’s talking about. But..”


Then hanging her words in the air. Recalling what happened a few moments ago.


“For sure I can say, we have the same memory”


It coming from her lips. Earn a frown from Jiwoo who still has her gaze fully on Sooyoung.


“You and Jinsoul? .. Is that because of what she said earlier, something about the red?”


Jiwoo hesitantly asked. Watching how Sooyoung brows twitch at the words. Jiwoo notice that, and can’t help but lowered her brows at the older.


“Did she talking about red circle? Jungeun?”


The reaction Sooyoung gave her, it somehow answered her question. But she decided to still search for the confirmation. Watching how the older just glance at her, slightly.


“From what I can remember, she have an unbearable hatred towards the red circle..”


It coming quietly from Sooyoung, her gaze back to the field. Following the certain girl with her eyes. While Jiwoo also found herself copied the older. Staring at that certain girl on the field. Knowing where their conversation will lead her.


“Not surprised. Jinsoul's a blue betta—“


“Whenever she’s around red. She act different. Like the hatred wasn’t even there in the first place. That’s what I notice. And Vivi also said she act differently around red..”


Sooyoung cut the words. Earn a raised brow from Jiwoo, who immediately turn to her upon the words. But Sooyoung just let out a sigh. Somehow got a mixed feeling, when she mentioned the latter girl.


“At least that’s what the Vivi I know, have told me. Blue have reputation. Not that good to be honest”


Sooyoung state. Kinda explaining her earlier words while turn towards Jiwoo, who just stare right into her eyes. And that’s when Sooyoung found it’s hard to tell what inside Jiwoo’s mind at this exact moment. But she decided to continue her words.


“I feel there’s something more about her. And not only her, red too”


Pouring all her mind into the younger girl.


“There’s something deep inside red, that’s still sleeping. Waiting to be awakened”


Sooyoung can feel there’s something happened. And there’s also something about to happen.

Are they ready to face it?


“I don’t know what it is. I just feel it”


Something that somehow feels so strong.


———


“Yerim, you’re doing great! Keep it up!”


Finally, break time.

All the players mostly sitting on the grass. Drinking from their water bottle that handed by their team manager. And Yerim just muttered a small thank you to the manager before she face the coach. Nodding, then gulp down the water. Try to manage her breath, as she still panting slowly.


“There’s no sign for the number twelve. I don’t know if we’re lucky, or not at this point. I heard she’s so good. And the fact that our opponent right now manage to beat our long term rival in the latest game, just..”


The coach start. Glancing to the opponent’s team who looks so exhausted. Mostly laying on the grass, panting hardly.


“.. makes me wonder how good this girl is..”


He continued. Take his eyes off the opponent’s team to his own team. Noticing how the both teams are so different psychically, and mentally. The sight of those two teams are very contrast, somehow.

And in just one glance nor the coach or the supporters, even the players can tell how those two teams are in different level. Including Yerim who just stare at nothing. Looking up just to see how the opponent’s supporter are in dead silence.

Most of the supporters are holding a big banner that said ‘Son Hyejoo’ which is Yerim assumed as the name of the player number twelve who’s been a hot topic these days. Especially in girl’s soccer team circle.

But the next second she just shrugged it off as her gaze found Yeojin and Jeongin on the crowd. Waving excitedly and showing their thumbs up to Yerim who can’t help but smile widely. Then she notice Hwang Hyunjin, who just give her a slight smile which she nods at.

A second before Yerim diverted her gaze to those four older girls who sits not far behind Yeojin, Jeongin and Hwang Hyunjin. From left to right, there’s Jinsoul who claps in silence at her, before giving her a thumbs up. The same as Jungeun, even though there’s something odd from the smile on the latter face. Yerim decided she will ask about it later. Then on Jungeun’s side, there’s Jiwoo who smile widely and clapping enthusiastically, mouthing ‘CHOI YERIM IS THE BEST!’ which makes Yerim smile shyly. Til’ her smile slightly changed, the time she locked eyes with that one certain girl.

Ha Sooyoung.


‘There’s a lot to talk about, after this..’


Yerim state in her mind. Put her both hands behind her back as she listens carefully to what the coach said.


‘But let’s focus on the game for now..’


She tells herself. Walking into the field as the second half is about to start. 

And it was at that time her eyes meet with a random girl in the crowd. The girl that slightly looks like her. Stare right into her eyes with that somehow intense gaze.


‘.. who?’


Yerim questioning. Right after she take her eyes off the stranger girl, but somehow she have to double check the girl. Notice how those eyes somehow turn yellow for a split of seconds.

Did she imagine things?


‘W—what???’


Cause those eyes looks just normal. Stare innocently at her. Almost looks like a cat who pleading for food. It makes Yerim feel taken aback somehow, til’ she notice another girl next to the stranger.

The girl, looks like a bunny?

Yerim not so sure. But Yerim sure they’re bickering. Mostly like the bunny girl scold the cat girl who just stay still. Absolutely being ignorant—


“Yo! Earth to Yerim!”


Then it startled her. Forced her to take her eyes off of those two stranger girls. Just to be greeted by a rolled eyes from one of her teammates, once she smile sheepishly.


‘Right. I have to focus on this game first..’


With that, Yerim apologized to her teammates. Which is just nod at it, telling Yerim to get into her position as the game will start once the whistle blows.

And when the whistle blows, the air on the field suddenly changed. The same time as Yerim focused her mind on the game. Absolutely failed to notice how that cat girl stare at her with that small smile on her face. Touching the bracelet that encircles on her wrist carefully.

Then, among all the cheers and whistles.

Without anyone noticing, there’s a girl just stepped onto the rooftop of one of the school building. Landing safely after ride on the wind. The small crown above her head start to vanished into the air as she put her fingers on the fencing wires.

Looking down at the field. Watching the game down there quietly as her eyes caught those people among all the crowd. Right after she diverted her gaze from that one certain person who dribbling the ball on the field.


“Too much differences..”


She whispered into the air. Move her gaze to two people that walking towards the field. One of them looks so upset and hurried while the other looks unbothered, even yawning when the old guy scold her.

And just by knowing who is the girl next to the old guy, she can’t help but tightening her grip on the fencing wires.

It’s about to start.


“No way..”


“This is a lie, right?”


The so called Apocalypse.


“Son Hyejoo! Where have you been?! See how we—“


“Oh, shut up. You’re hurting my ears”


The girl cut the words. Pushing the other girl right on the face, which is her teammates. There’s visibly strength on her grip, makes the other girl can’t help but winced by that.

But no ones dare enough to step into the scene. Even those eyes that stare right at the girl, from the grandstand just widened in fear and shock. Makes Jungeun who notice that can’t help but stare for awhile, before she follow the gaze of the two that landed on the girl in the opponent’s team. But, when her gaze landed on the girl.

Something else caught her attention.


“.. Jinsol?”


It’s not only Jiwoo and Sooyoung that looks so shock and in fear when they see the girl. Jinsoul too, as Jungeun see how the girl shoved away the jersey number twelve the coach gave her.

Til’ the girl slowly turn to them. So sudden. Feeling the gaze on the back of her head, which is absolutely coming from no other but the four of them.

And when the girl see those familiar faces, she can’t help but lift the side of her lips. Very contrast with those three who looks even more scared, except for Jungeun who just stare in confusion and wonder.

But before anyone can react, the girl turn forward. Snatch the jersey from the coach, makes all of her teammates startled by the sudden movement. 


“I guess today is your lucky day”


The girl state. Smirking. Ignoring how those confused gaze are all over her, as she walking away to change into her jersey.


“Well..”


Whispering under her breath as that smirk getting widened the next second her gaze landed on the certain person on the field.

The girl in jersey number eight. From her opponent’s team.


Choi Yerim.


———


The whistle blows. Echoing. Stopping all those girls movement as they see the ball is out of the field.


“Yerim..”


And when Yerim turn to her teammates. She notice the air around them getting heavier. It even turns kinda cold for Yerim, as she follows the gesture of her teammates. Just to found the girl stepped into the field.

The number twelve.


“SON HYEJOO!!!!!!”


The opponent’s supporters suddenly scream. Cheering. Clapping their hands mostly for the first time today. Just because the girl name Son Hyejoo is finally show up.

And Yerim doesn’t know why. But she feels something is about to happen when her eyes locked with that girl, who just lift the side of her lips before take her eyes off of Yerim once the whistle blows again.

And yet, Yerim is right.


“Who is this girl???”


Son Hyejoo is.. something.


“She scored three times?? In a row?????”


“What she is?? A soccer genius??”


“This must be a joke..”


“What the actual ???”


Those words coming from all the sides. But Yerim didn’t budge. Panting hardly as she put her palms on both of her knees.


‘What is going on?’


She questioning. Somehow can’t put her mind into what just happened.

This Son Hyejoo is on another level. She’s not just good. She’s prominent. Like she’s own this game. Like she’s born just for this game. Or maybe..

She’s just that good—


“YERIM WATCH OUT!”


It successfully pull Yerim out of her mind. Reminds her that the game already started again since a few moments ago.

It was like she’s in autopilot. Her body was move by itself. But her mind was nowhere.

And when she finally get ahold of herself. She see the ball goes so fast into her direction. 

Right into her face.


‘Oh! A chance!’


She state in her mind. Glance slightly to the time in that big blackboard. Just to realize the next second. It was a bad move.

The ball is not a chance. It’s a threat.

Like a bullet that coming from the gun.

Yerim is the target.


‘.. ..’


And before she can even react, avoiding or worse face the so fast ball that coming her way.

Something’s suddenly flashing before her eyes. Changed the direction of the ball that somehow just a few inches from her face.

It touch her cheek, and Yerim swear she feel a light burn and slight pain when the ball touch her skin. But she just standing there, frozen, with a wide eyes. Absolutely wonder what just happened as the wild cheers filled her ears a few seconds later. But she still there, standing on her spot. Looking down at an empty water bottle near her feet.

There’s a slight burn mark on it. And it makes her frown. But before she can think any further about the empty water bottle. A voice from her teammates makes her look up. Bringing her fingers to touch her cheek. Seeing red on her fingertips.

Her cheek is bleeding.


‘What..’


Their team lose. One point difference. The blackboard says it all, as Yerim look up at it.

But somehow it doesn’t bother her, but that stranger cat girl’s face that looks so furious. Hands on the fence, staring at someone from the grandstand. The bunny girl is on her side. Somehow looks like holding her from lashing out.

It’s catching Yerim attention. Even with how her teammates are around her. Checking on her and ask if she’s okay. She ignored all of them. Deciding to follow the gaze of that cat girl. Only to found her eyes landed on no other but Son Hyejoo, who looks clearly unhappy. Staring back at the cat girl.

The looks on their eyes are deadly terrifying. Completely ignoring how the referee give the cat girl a warning. But of course the latter, didn’t bother to respond. Makes the bunny girl be the one to bow repeatedly. Apologies for the cat girl.

And it was at that time, Yerim looks down. Let her gaze fixed on the water bottle near her feet again.


‘It was her?’


She’s questioning. Staring at the empty bottle before she look up. Feeling the gaze on her.

Right at that moment, Yerim can’t help but feel chill on the back of her neck. Right when her gaze meet those bloody red eyes, stare right into hers.

It was only a glint. But it’s enough to makes Yerim feel her body tense up.

Especially when she see the side of the lips curve upward. Mockingly. Til’ all she can see is that number twelve on the back of the jersey. Getting away from her. Eventually lost from her sight and let her bring herself back to her sense once again. Starting to respond to her teammates with a light chuckle and sheepish smile. But even though Yerim looks like she presents there. Her mind is out there somewhere.

Wondering who Son Hyejoo actually is.


———


“HA SOOYOUNG!”


The voice echoing in the hallway. But no ones on her sight yet. As she walking there by herself. Yawning, thinking what should she do next since she didn’t expect to meet those people in this kind of place. And the fact that her warm welcome was blocked by the ing empty water bottle kinda pissed her off.


‘What a way to ruin the fun..’


She state in her mind. Staring at nothing as she remembered how that exact girl from grandstand was fast enough to match her speed. Changed the direction of the ball that supposed to hit that girl in jersey number eight. But, oh well..

At least she manage to leave a small cut on that girl’s cheek.


‘Purple circle, huh? Odd Eye united, already?’


She keeps walking. Wondering, til she hear a footsteps coming her way.

It makes her stop her steps tho, as that voice once again echoing in the hallway. Calling the same name. And she sure she feels familiar with the voice. So she decided to wait for the owner to show up, once she notice there’s two shadows at the end of the hallway. But even before she can see who’s coming her way, she found her vision distorting.

And when she notice that, she can’t help but click her tongue in annoyed. Turning around, the same time she feels a grip on her wrist.

It was at that time, everything around her changed. The view, the place, she recognized the place she is right now as a rooftop of one of the school building.

Then, the girl in front of her..


“Didn’t expect you will act this bold just to have me here, all to yourself”


She lift the side of her lips. Watching how that blue circle, glowing in the left eye of that girl. But that girl didn’t budge, just stare at her. Almost glaring, pulling her own hand off of her wrist.

It makes her can’t help but smile wider tho. Noticing there’s something strange from this girl since the last time they met.


“Ho.. so you changed your mind, blue circle?”


She smile mockingly. Stare sharply at that girl that staring back right into hers.


“Or should I say..”


She lowered her brows. Watching how that blue circle turn dimmed slowly.


“Jung Jinsol..”


Then, it disappeared completely.


———


“WHERE IS THAT GIRL?!”


“I—I don’t know who you’re looking for?”


“THAT MOTHERER! TELL ME WHERE SHE IS! THE GIRL WITH JERSEY NUMBER TWELVE—“


“YVES! LET HER GO!”


Silence.

Everything goes silent the time that girl shout. Makes no other but Sooyoung immediately gritted her teeth. Let go of that poor girl who looks absolutely terrifying under her gaze, stare hesitantly at Jiwoo who can’t help but sigh heavily. Rubbing her own face in tired.

Jiwoo somehow can’t believe how Sooyoung was making a scene the very first time they stepped into the room. Grab onto the random girl’s collar. And yup, scream at her.

Jiwoo have to pull Sooyoung to stand behind her this time. In case the older suddenly lashing out at the girl who still looks terrified by what just happened. Again.


“I-if you are searching for S-Son Hyejoo. S-she’s not h-here. She always went straight home after the g-game”


“Do you perhaps know where she’s living?”


“I-I can give you the address, if you want—”


“Look, kid! Just give me the address while we still ask nicely”


Sooyoung cut the words. Which is makes Jiwoo sigh heavily once she notice how Sooyoung glaring at that girl. And it makes Jiwoo glare at the older too.

Unfortunately, it got unnoticed by Sooyoung, as the latter gaze are absolutely fixed on the girl who quickly nod. Rush to her bag. Roaming it, looking for a paper and a pen. Hurriedly write the address, then hand it to Sooyoung who just take it without saying anything.

It makes Jiwoo sigh again. Smile apologetically to the girl who just smile weakly when Jiwoo mouthing a small thank you for her. Following Sooyoung who already walk away.


“You can ask nicely, you know? She knows nothing..”


Jiwoo state. Try to match her steps with Sooyoung. But the older just stay quiet. Read what’s written on the paper carefully. Before she pull her phone out of her pocket. Stopping her steps and take a picture of the paper. In case she lost it in near future. 

Then,


“Jiwoo..”


Sooyoung called. Makes Jiwoo immediately turn to her. But Sooyoung doesn’t even bother to glance. Her eyes focus on her phone. And for Jiwoo, those eyes somehow looks so dark. Especially..


“Stay with the rest. I’ll take care of this”


After those words coming coldly from her lips. Jiwoo decided to just nod weakly. Despite of how badly she wants to protest over that. She knows this is the best decision.

It probably the best thing she can do, instead of going with Sooyoung. And besides she needs to find that girl first.

The princess.

As fast as she can. But—


“Kim Jiwoo, right?”


Those guys name Jeongin and Hwang Hyunjin are standing in front of her. Panting so hard while she just stare at them, totally in confusion. But after she heard what Jeongin said. She can’t help but feel her body tense up.


“.. Vivi..”


———


“What is this?”


“You’ll know, soon..”


Yerim look up by that. Stare in confusion at that stranger. The cat girl she saw in the grandstand. The same girl that somehow save her from the deadly ball kicked by Son Hyejoo, right now is standing right in front of her. Handing her a..

Handmade bracelet?


“What do you—“


Her words cut by how the door barge open. Revealing the small girl on the doorway, panting so hard.


“Yeojin??”


Yerim can’t hide the excitement in her voice when she see the small girl. But once she notice the state that girl in. She can’t help but frowned. Especially once their gaze are lock with each other.


“Yerim..”


Yeojin called. Manage her own breath as she was running all the way to the changing room. Noticing there’s another girl in the room. But all her focus is on Yerim.

Cause—


“We need to go, now”


———


“Who are you?”


“The name’s Jeon Heejin”


Jungeun frowned by that. Stare at the stranger girl who blocking her way to her car.


“Kim Jungeun. My apologies, Jeon Heejin. But, I have no time for your nonsense. So—“


“I won’t be long. I just want to give you this..”


It caught Jungeun attention. Frown is more visible on her face as she look up from her phone. Staring at that stranger girl who handing her a black drawing tube.

For a few moments, Jungeun just stare at the drawing tube, to the Jeon Heejin girl, the drawing tube again, then her phone. Watching how its still calling that one certain person, who suddenly nowhere since a while ago.

And there’s no answer from the other line. Howsoever.


“Alright. I’ll take my leave now. I’ll see you around, Kim Jungeun”


Jungeun just stare, nod slightly once Jeon Heejin give her a tiny smile. Walking away, leaving Jungeun there by herself. Standing next to her own car. With a drawing tube on her right hand, and her phone on her left hand.

What just happened? Jungeun wondering for a moment. Decided to shrugged it off a second later. Walking to the back of her car. Putting the drawing tube on the trunk and slam it close. Just to stare at her phone once again.

There’s still nothing.


‘Where are you..’


She state hopelessly in her mind. Biting her lower lip and glancing around. Feel anxious, as her gaze back to her phone again.

Deep down, she wants to run around the school. Searching for that girl. But once her gaze landed on the name under that girl contact name. Jungeun can’t help but swallow hard.

She’s in dilemma.


‘I’ll call her once again..’


She raised her hand. Put her phone on her ear. Hearing that familiar ringing on her ear, as she let her eyes roaming around. In hope to catch a glimpse of that girl.

But of course there’s nothing.


‘.. should we just leave?’


She asked to no one. Catching those two familiar figures coming her way from afar. Along with another girl that immediately following close behind. Looks panic and shock. Walking hurriedly.


“Where’s Jinsol?”


Was the first thing that coming from Yerim. Immediately, after she notice the absence of the said girl. Stopping Jungeun from entering her car. The same as Yeojin and Jiwoo who slowly turn to Jungeun. Questioning, despite of how panic they looks.

For a few seconds, Jungeun just stay quiet. Sigh mentally before she decides to just enter her car. Following by Yerim, Yeojin and Jiwoo who absolutely frowned upon her strange behavior. And it wasn’t long til’ these words leaving Jungeun’s lips.


“I’ll look for her later. We need to get to the hospital first..”


That’s what she said. But her mind is so messed up right now. Driving the car as fast, but careful as she can.


‘Everything was fine. Everything just start to be fine again cause of last night. So why? Why? Why it changed so fast? Why everything changed so fast? Everything was going really good since last night?’


She questioning. Deeply. Tightening her grip on the wheel.


‘.. So why?’


Found herself standing there. In all white room. Staring at the cold figure that laying hopelessly on the hospital bed. Accompanying by those loud sobs that coming from Yeojin and Yerim which already on her knees, next to the bed. Shaking the figure violently. Screaming. Telling it to wake up. But, Jungeun knows better.

The figure, that girl.. won’t wake up.


“This is a lie.. right?”


It coming weakly from Jiwoo lips. But Jungeun doesn’t budge. Her eyes are still fixed on that girl who’s laying on the hospital bed, while Jiwoo walk closely to it.

Jiwoo’s steps are weak, hesitant, full of fear, and once she stand close enough. Her feet immediately give up on her. Letting her fall to the floor while covering . Trying to hold her cry. But it burst out later.

Jiwoo’s body is shaking, so hard. She can’t control herself anymore. And Jungeun still standing there, watching the scene. Watching how Yeojin and Yerim still try so hard to wake the girl up.

That’s useless, Jungeun thought.

She’s gone. That’s the truth. The most bitter truth they have to accept at this moment. It will be hard. But they have no choice.


“What happened?”


Jungeun knows she can’t trust her voice right now. Its shaking. But she couldn’t care less. Turning her head to another girl that been sitting on the hospital chair, far enough from the bed. As if to give those three girls some space.

Even though it’s obvious, that girl is the most hurting person right now. Especially after she look up at Jungeun. Smile weakly, til’ her gaze back again to the bed.


“They said some wild animal burst into her apartment. That’s such a nonsense, I know. Since she live in the seventh floor. But, there’s a big scratch on the wall. And she have it too. So I don’t know..”


The girl chuckle dryly. Shaking her head as she wants to shrugged those images away from her head. And Jungeun can’t help but shut her eyes. Bringing her palm to rub her face in frustration.

It doesn’t makes any sense.

Jungeun knows it. The cctv didn’t caught any suspicious movements. And no ones had entered the apartment except for the girl itself.

So how??


“Do Sooyoung know?”


“I texted her. But no answer”


Jiwoo state weakly. Putting her face onto her palms. Sigh tiredly, while Jungeun leaning on the wall. Looking down at nothing.

They have decided to exit the room a while ago. To get some fresh air and clearing their mind. While Yeojin, Yerim and of course Haseul are still inside there. Want to be beside the girl as long as they can for the last time.


“Anything from Jinsoul?”


Then, it suddenly coming from Jiwoo. Looking up at Jungeun who just can sigh as she pull her phone out of her pocket. Welcoming by nothing on her phone screen.


“.. Just like you, I texted her. But no answer. I think I need to check her apartment”


Jungeun state weakly. While Jiwoo just nod. Turn to the side to see those people from the company Vivi work at, aren’t in better state than them.


“I heard its already all over the news”


Jungeun smile bitterly over that. Stare at Jiwoo for a split of seconds before following the latter gaze that absolutely on those people. Immediately makes her recognize those two girls in the crowd.

One of them crying so hard, and the other try to reassure her. Handong and Dami, which is Vivi’s best friends slash colleagues. Also Jinsoul’s colleagues too. That’s why Jungeun knows them.

And later, Jungeun can’t help but smile apologetically. The time her gaze meets Dami’s eyes, who’s busy reassuring Handong in her hold. That weak smile is plastered in Dami’s face. And it’s enough to leave a slight cut in Jungeun’s heart. Successfully remind her of that one certain other blonde.

Jinsoul.


“Where are you..”


She should find her right now. Excuse herself to Jiwoo who just offer her an understanding smile, knowing how worry Jungeun right now.

She might looks strong. Almost unaffected by what just happened. But Jiwoo knows better. Jungeun just hold it in. Til’ she find a shoulder to cry for.

Since today, is such a roller coaster of emotions for all of them. A lot of unexpected things happened. Unimaginable. And Jiwoo thought, today wouldn’t get any worser than it already is.

But she’s wrong.

Her gaze fixed on the slim tv in the corner of the hospital cafeteria. Watching the newest news about her own friend case.

That sadly already gone.

The news, it makes her can’t help but smile bitterly. Feeling a heat start to form again at the back of her eyes. While she’s standing there, in front of a vending machine. Bought a coffee to herself after Jungeun left.

The news absolutely breaks her. Makes her feels those emotions once again as she look down at her coffee can. Open it slowly, and take a quick sip of it. Hoping it can ease her mind a little bit. But to her surprise. She found herself frozen on her spot later. Eyes wide as it fixed back on the tv.

Her mind, that she hope to be a little quiet now feels so loud. Out of sudden, it feels like there’s a huge chaos in her head right now.

Despite of how everything around her suddenly in mute. Her head somehow is opposite of it. Her focus absolutely on the tv. On what the tv show her to be exact.

That big scratch on the wall Haseul mentioned earlier, is showing on the tv screen. And it looks extremely familiar to her.


‘This is.. a lie, right?’


She lost count of how many times she asked the question already.

She never expected her emotions will changed so much today.

It’s exhausting.


———


“Yes idiot, we have a different memory, remember?”


The room is dark. It’s quiet. Too quiet for her liking.


“So.. you write all of this?”


“.. stop.. it’s embarrassing..”


But her mind is surprisingly loud. Replaying, what actually happened last night. After they magically made up.


“It’s cute..”


She..


“I told you to stop already!”


And Jungeun..


“So.. it’s our love letter?”


“.. well.. yeah?”


The smile creeps onto her face. Reading all those letters one by one. Again and again. Sometimes, she can’t believe what she just read.

She will feel weird, in a good way. Cringe to herself, since she is still not used to the idea of how Jungeun can be so sweet in her letters. And such a tsundere in real life. Til’ she notices something.

Jungeun never writes that magic words.


In your cold eyes.


And suddenly the bridge from that exact song start to play in her head.


I can’t see myself anymore.


The song that somehow never existed in this timeline.


Words that I couldn’t say to you.


Or maybe, it just doesn’t exist yet?


They’re useless now.


Love Letter.


“You were about to break up with me?”


They sitting across of each other. Chatting a little as they enjoyed their own breakfast in the dining room of Jinsoul’s apartment. Try to catch up with each other stories.


“Yeah. Since we’re have different memory. I think there’s no use, you know?”


“I agree”


She smile over the memories. It just happened this morning. But why it feels like it happened a long time ago?


“Will you give us a chance, if you’re in my shoes?”


It coming from Jungeun. Out of sudden. But Jinsoul just curve a smile on her face. Putting her chin on the back of her hand, staring at Jungeun. Sweetly.


“I don’t have to..”


Jinsoul state. In such a sweet tone makes Jungeun immediately look up at her.


“The chance came by itself..”


Is that even true?

It’s kinda true. No one of them giving the hopeless relationship a chance. They basically give up on it.

With Jungeun thinking there’s nothing she can do with how different their memories and feelings are. And Jinsoul that absolutely confused with her feelings, the hatred, the different timeline, and what she really wants. Basically everything that happen to them.

But they both know, the only one who they should thank above all of this is, Yerim. Cause without Yerim, nor Jinsoul and Jungeun can imagine what will happen.

If just Yerim not somehow changed their mind—


“Jungie?”


The wind blows, out of sudden.

Coming from nowhere, along with the images that suddenly come across her mind. A memory. A memory that she doesn’t recognize. The memory that feels like it’s hers and not at the same time.


“If there’s something happened to me.. will you continue to live?”


“What do you mean?”


The girl snapped her head in her direction. Staring right into her eyes. Questioning. But she just smiles. Reaching for the hand of that girl, who stays still on her spot.


‘The Blue Circle, the places. The Red Circle, the time. When The Blue and The Red come together, The Purple exist. The Purple Circle, the dimension.

The Circles exist, before The Disaster.’


The words come across her mind. Makes her feel that slight cut in her heart. She fully understands what’s the meaning of those words now. The words from that old book.


“.. I love you Kim Jungeun.. just so you know”


She smiles over her own words. Look up from their intertwined hands. Just to staring into that girl's eyes. She can see doubt there. Even though it was slight.


“.. me too”


‘The words you couldn’t say..’


“Don’t do this..”


‘Words that I couldn’t say to you..’


“I love you..”


‘Words that you couldn’t say to me..’


“DON’T DO THIS JINSOL!!!—


—DON’T DO THIS JUNGEUN!!!”


The images suddenly changed. Those unfamiliar yet familiar memories suddenly change. From the exact girl screaming at her, desperately. Into something that somehow doesn’t feel like a memory anymore to her.

It feels like a vision.

From the way she see herself bangs on the red barrier like ball that separates her from that girl, who keeps walking away. The owl flying closely to the latter. 


It’s a mess. Everything around her, it’s a mess. A chaos.


“NO! JUNGEUN! PLEASE! JUNGEUN!!”


She screams on top of her lungs. It’s useless. She knows her voice will never reach that girl when she sees how Yerim is a few meters away from her. Trapped into the same barrier like ball, just like her.

Banging her fist on it. Yerim is screaming. But she can’t hear anything. It just leaves a cut on her heart. The way she sees those tears fall freely from Yerim’s eyes. It hurts to see. 

The despair.


‘.. no..’


She sees that girl stop her steps from afar. Turn to Yerim who just screams even more. Banging harder on the barrier when she sees that girl muttered something under her breath.

Til’ the gaze move to her. Those circles are shining. That purple circle in the right eye. That half red-half blue circle in the left eye.

.. The scar that goes down from her temple to her cheek.


‘No.. Jungeun. No! Please!’


She shakes her head slowly. Hardly. Try to convey the message to that girl. But that girl just smiles at her. Too blinding in this kind of situation. She hate it. She hate how she can’t do anything. She hate how she knows what will happen after this.


“I HATE YOU KIM JUNGEUN!!”


She’s banging.


“! I HATE YOU! YOU! KIM JUNGEUN!! YOU! I HATE YOU!!”


She’s screaming. Desperately. Banging onto the barrier. Ignoring how her hands start to hurt. Ignoring how those tears start to rolling even more on her cheeks.

Stare directly, sharply at that girl. But that girl didn’t budge. Still keep that smile on her face.

It just, it looks bitter this time.


“I’m sorry..”


Then, it disappeared.

The images disappeared from her head. Leaving her with that mixed feeling deep inside as she open her eyes. Feeling the cold wind blows onto her face.


“I can tell we’re the same..”


Everything changed around her. Instead of the wall of her room, this time the darkness welcome her.


“Something happened. And someone playing with the timeline..”


She can hear the waves. And the cold air touch her skin. But her mind, flying back to when she’s face to face with that girl 

The girl who looks unbothered as ever, with a slight smirk on her face. On the rooftop of the school building.


“I don’t know what’s happening right now. Not that I want to know tho. But you, Jung Jinsol..”


The moon shining ahead of her. A full moon.

It’s blue.


“I can tell the answer is laying so close to you”


The water about her thigh feels so cold.


“It’s all up to you.”


The beach.

She somehow ended up on the beach. A dark beach. Of nowhere. That somehow..

Feels too familiar to her.


———


“They say it was an animal..”


The voice echoing in the room.

The only light source is from the window. Lets the moonlight slipped through it. Shining right on her, as she siting on the sofa. Looks deadpan. Staring at the phone on her hand. Blankly.


“The room was a mess. Everything all over the place.”


She state coldly. Look up at the darkness as she can hear the footsteps.

Coming closer to her.


“There’s a big scratch marks on the wall, they said.”


She can feel someone’s else presence on the darkness. Stopping, standing there.

A few steps away from her.


“It’s only makes sense if it was an animal. Of course.”


She continued. Smile mockingly. Tightening her grip on her own phone. Ignoring how its now vibrating. Showing her a familiar contact name on its screen.


“Only if I know nothing.”


Then it breaks apart on her hand. The same time as the strong wind blows around. Along with the fire that coming out of nowhere, now are lighten the room.

Forming a circle that beat the darkness in a split of seconds. Letting her now, face to face with that someone who still standing there. Didn’t budge. Stare at her with that emotionless gaze.

Til’ she see that familiar terrifying smirk.


“You can’t save everyone, Yves.”


Triggered that halo to appear above her head in any seconds, before she dashing to that someone in a high speed.

Furiously.


———


“Sorry, the number you’re calling is—“


“!”


Jiwoo cursed under her breath. Running all over the street. Trying to catch up with a certain girl. Only with an address to an apartment unit she manages to memorize before she gave the paper to Haseul.

In case something happened. She said.


'Please, Yves..'


The building is already on her sight as she keep running.

 

'You can't deal with her alone!'

 

Makes her fasten herself, til’ that loud explosion can be heard. Spontaneously stopped her steps as she look up at the building, seeing that thick fog on its side. Before she can see there’s something blown away from that thick fog.

Fall onto the street hardly, before her eyes. And when she see what just landed there, she can’t help but widen her eyes.


“YVES?!”


It’s that certain girl she’s looking for.


“C-Chuu?? What the h—“


And before Sooyoung can finish. Jiwoo find the older immediately rolled over. Just a second before something else landing in that same exact spot. But somehow, it landed harder than Sooyoung.


“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!”


Sooyoung turn to her. Glaring. But Jiwoo just blinking her eyes. Before her attention fixed on something behind the smoke not far from them. The same as Sooyoung who immediately get on her feet. Putting on her guard while raising her arm in front of Jiwoo.


“Chuu..”


The smoke get thinner. Makes it possible to Jiwoo to finally see a silhouette behind it. And the time she recognized who is standing among all those smokes. She can’t help but found the air suddenly getting stuck in .


‘.. No way..’


“Evacuate the area. I’ll hold her as long as I can”


Sooyoung state lowly. Lowered her brows as her gaze fixed perfectly on the girl behind the smoke. The halo reappear above her head. While Jiwoo just gulp in nervous. Also putting on her guard, the time she see that shining red eyes.

Then, the smoke ahead suddenly disappeared by the strong wind. It happened too fast.

Suddenly, the girl isn’t there anymore. But in the air. Flying. About to attack Jiwoo. As the latter found herself frozen. Widening her eyes in surprise when her eyes locked with those deadly cold shining red eyes.

But that’s not what makes her feet suddenly felt glued on the ground. But that horn on the right side of the girl’s forehead. And that single black wing on the back.

Jiwoo knows the girl isn’t in her truly form yet. And yet, they should makes sure the girl won’t get into her truly form.

If that happens..

Then everything will be too late.


“CHUU! HURRY!”


“ON IT!”


The halo start to appear above Jiwoo’s head. Along with the white pure wings on her back, as she notice how Sooyoung hold the girl with a holy bow that just appears from the thin air.


“You think you can save everyone?”


The girl state coldly. Smirking. Putting even more strength, pushing the bow closer to Sooyoung’s body who just can gritted her teeth in annoyed.

Til’ those huge silhouettes suddenly running passed them. Makes Sooyoung can’t help but widened her eyes when she notice what’s those silhouettes are.


‘.. ..’


“CHUU!!!”


Sooyoung shout the name. Turn to the said girl. Makes her guard weakened. And of course that girl won’t waste the chance.

With a single blow. Sooyoung found herself flying in the air. In a high speed, hitting herself onto the wall that immediately crashed down. Only with that single hit.


“F.. ..”


Sooyoung cursed under her breath. Tasting the iron in . Before the blood spit out of it. The time she feel the weight on her stomach.

That girl. Landed onto her body.

Gripping on her neck, tightly. As she try to break free. Forming an arrow in her other hand. Attempting to stab that girl. But the girl react faster than her. Throwing her to the air, just to punch her on the face later.

Flied her to another hard wall that crashing down at the same time she hit herself on it.


“YVES!”


Jiwoo called. Watching how that girl beat Sooyoung up from afar.

And when she’s about to change her direction, she found herself got blocked by those black and white wolf. Watching her like its prey.


“..”


Jiwoo cursed. Looking up at the wolves while summoning a holy cane with those light particles around her palms. But to her surprise, the wolves aren’t going after her.

But those citizens who are try to leaving the area.


“!”


Spreading her wings. With a high speed. Jiwoo flying. Spinning the holy cane in her hand, til’ she swinging it hard onto one of the wolves that about to jump onto the citizen.

But unfortunately, she failed to notice how the other wolf is coming after her. Pinning her on the ground while she’s trying so hard to makes sure those fangs won’t digging into her head with her cane pushing hard onto the wolf’s jaw.


“..”


She cursed a lot today, she thought. But who wouldn’t? When everything suddenly turns so messed up?

She never thought today will turned out like this. And yet, she have no time to think about it when her life is on the line.


“TAKE THIS!”


She open one of her palm. Forming a light ball, that shot right inside the wolf lungs the next second. Makes the wolf get thrown away by it. Release Jiwoo from its hold.

Jiwoo knows that single beam won’t kill the wolf. But it’s enough to at least give Jiwoo some times to gain her composure back. Especially when she heard a scream coming a few meters away from her.

The other wolf she just hit earlier, now on another citizen. About to rip them, if just Jiwoo not immediately throw her holy cane. Pierced into the wolf’s body, which also makes the wolf get thrown away. Hitting the hard ground.

And of course, it’s not enough to kill it. Jiwoo can see there’s a dark smoke around the wound on the wolf’s body. About to eat her holy cane. But before it consumed it. Jiwoo immediately teleport her cane to her right hand. Watching quietly how the wolf’s body regenerate. Healing the wounds the cane gave it, as she landed in front of those citizens. Who just stare at her, still in fear.


“Leave this area! Hurry!”


Jiwoo state. Not even bother to turn to those citizens as she notice how those wolves are already healed.

This will be a long night.


———


“Haseul???”


“I have to go—“


The loud explosion can be heard.

Cutting Haseul’s word as she and Dami immediately turn to the glass window beside them. Seeing the fire from afar.

It’s quite far from the hospital. But the reddish color can be seen so clearly in the sky. Along with that black fog, somehow looks very contrast with the dark night.


“I leave them to you, Yoobin.”


“What?! Wait— HASEUL!”


Haseul didn’t bother to respond. Running as fast as she can to the elevator. Watching how Dami try to catch up with her.

But the elevator door is closed faster than Dami.

Leaving Haseul there, leaning on the wall. Staring at the crumpled paper on her palm. Trying to memorize the address Jiwoo gave her.

Before she hear that familiar ‘ding’. Telling her she has arrived to her destination floor.

Hospital’s lobby.


“Doctor???”


Haseul start to running. Ignoring how those people are staring at her. Giving her such a judging look. While others stares at her in confusion. Especially those nurses who absolutely know who Haseul is. And what just happened to the latter.

And Haseul couldn’t care less.

That red color is getting even more clearer in the night sky. And Haseul knows, it’s not a good sign.

So she fasten her steps, reaching her own car in the parking lot. Unlocked it, and getting inside immediately. Failed to notice how she was running passed the blonde girl in the black coat, with a white dress underneath. Giving her an empty gaze, as the girl watching Haseul’s car drive away. A second before the girl look up. Staring at the reddish sky.


“Too much differences..”


The girl state under her breath, a second before her gaze fixed on one of the glass window of the hospital. The window of that exact room.

Meanwhile in the other side.

Haseul driving her car as fast as she can. Silently praying nothing bad happens. Especially once she realizes the fire is absolutely coming from the neighborhood of the address Jiwoo gave her.

Got confirmed by the radio in her car, makes her immediately tightened her grip on the wheel. Listening carefully to the news aired in the radio.

She can’t lose anyone, not anymore.


———


“Hyunjin..”


The girl called. Stopping the said girl who just walked pass the living room. Just to notice how the heavy air now surrounds them.


It started.


They both know it. As their hearing filled with those voices of the reporter in the tv. Their vision fixed on the reddish sky that looks so clear from the glass window of their apartment unit.


“Let’s go.”


Hyunjin said. Grabbing her plaid coat and Heejin’s. Giving it to the latter then grab their car key. Heading out of their apartment to that exact spot where the fire are flickering from afar.

No ones dare enough to step into the area.

Even the police, the firefighters and ambulance are absolutely far enough from where the incident happened.

Not because they don’t want to do their job. They can’t. Especially after they see a very huge wolves, a girl with a cane, along with a shining halo above her head, and wings behind her back.

They can’t see it clearly, nor guessing what is actually happening. But for sure they know, there’s no way they can meddling into the fight without being killed. And the fire walls that suddenly circling the area the next second.

Seems like emphasizing them to not to.


“YVES!”


Then the voice can be heard. A few seconds before there’s an arrow being shot to the sky. Exploding like a fireworks, let those sparkling live coals fall to the ground. Around the area, blend with the fire walls. Til’ that burgundy transparent wall raised from it. Forming a barrier around the area to makes sure nothing can get inside, and nothing can get outside.

And when the barrier fully formed. It no longer transparent. It’s deep burgundy. And everything got recorded by one of the helicopter up there.

Being aired through the tv. Indirectly being seen by so many people, including Yerim and Yeojin who have their gaze fixed on the tv, placed on the corner of the room.


“So.. it was indeed an animal?”


Then the voice filled the air around them. Breaks the silence, as that officer named Christoper Bang just widened his eyes. Disbelief of what he just seen on the tv. The same as another officer named Felix Lee that just stay quiet. Feel troubled to swallowing the information that just served right before his eyes. Even Dami and Handong that also in the room can’t help but frozen on their spot.

They were thinking, there’s no way it was an animal that caused trouble and take a life of one certain girl who laying coldly on the hospital bed right now. Covered by a white fabric.

Sure, they know there’s a big scratch all over the room of that one certain girl apartment. But, they feel there's something’s off.

They have the feeling that it wasn’t an animal. Til’ they saw those wolves. Those mans with wings behind their back.


“What is actually happening..”


And they can’t help but questioning. Which little did they know, Yeojin and Yerim also questioning the same thing.


What is actually happening?


Yerim look down at her feet. Feeling dizzy along with the heat that start to form again at the back of her eyes.


What happened to this world?


She brings her phone to her view. Her vision start to gets blurry. But she still manage to catch that contact name on her phone screen. Calling that one exact girl.

But no answer.


‘Jungeun..’

 

She called the name in her mind. Focused on her own thoughts, the same as the rest.

Not knowing how the tape reels of the black cassette tape Haseul had placed ontop of that lifeless girl start to moving. Behind the white fabric.

The cassette tape that the officer found and gave to Haseul a few moments ago.

Its playing.


———


The screen’s lit up.

Showing the name on it. Telling the owner of the phone there’s someone calling her. But it seems like she failed to notice it. Too caught up with her own mind as her gaze fixed ahead out of the glass window. Fixed on that exact spot where the burgundy barrier like ball is covering one of the certain area.

While she just standing there, with her phone keep vibrating on the bed. A few steps away from her, accompanied by those letters that are scattered close to it. And that.. black drawing tube.

The painting.

The painting of two hands are letting go of each other.

There’s a blue ring wrapped beautifully on the ring finger of one hand. While the other hand have red ring, wrapped around the ring finger. 

The painting looks so beautiful. But she feels like she wants to rip it the moment she saw it. She doesn’t know why. She just want to.

It makes her feel irritated. Annoyed. Hopeless. She doesn’t know what or why that Jeon Heejin gave her the painting.

What’s the latter intentions of showing her this? And why she feels so much unexplainable pain just by seeing it?

What does the painting means?

 

“You and I are locked in memories”

 

The melody came into her mind. But after everything, she recognize the song. She recognized the voice.

 

“Erasing each other”

 

As she see herself sitting there, with a deep blue guitar on her thigh. Staring at that beautiful face on the tv that placed in the corner of the room.

It’s Jinsoul.

 

“.. There is no meaning anymore..”

 

It coming quietly from her lips. Sing the words weakly as she hear the song in her head. It feels familiar now. Everything’s feels familiar now. Like a memory that long forgotten. Coming back into her mind out of sudden.

Memories. Written on the edge of the painting. Where her tears aimlessly drop earlier.

 

“The last love letter..”

 

And she just stay quiet after. Shutting her eyes, with a heavy sigh. Til’ she open it slowly. Showing her a reflection of herself on the glass window.

Especially that red circle on her left eye.

Glowing so bright, surprisingly looks very contrast with that red liquid which dropped on the ground on the other side of that certain area.

 

The air feels so heavy there.

 

And it gets heavier every seconds passed. As Sooyoung feel her body tense up. Frozen on her spot. Widening her eyes in fear and disbelief. Watching what just happened right before her eyes.

Seeing the back of that girl, with red, now coloring those pure white feathers. The holy cane on the right hand, now slipped out of those fingers. Fall to the ground with a loud thump. As if to tell Sooyoung what served right in front of her right now is reality.

It’s not a dream. It’s not a nightmare. Even though she badly wish is only an illusion, it’s not.

This is reality.

The black spear piercing into the body. And Sooyoung notice how the red liquid cover it, despite of the color. And as if to makes Sooyoung feel even more sure of it. A single drop of that red liquid..

Dropping right before her eyes.


“N-no..”


She feels so weak. Crushed. Her knees eventually give up on her. Let her fall to the ground, while looking up at the body in front of her.

Her bow slipped out of her hand. Landed on the ground beside her. But she couldn’t care less. Her gaze fully fixed ahead. Still wishing this is only a dream. Only a nightmare.


“I told you.”


But that voice. That cold terrifying voice. Again, as if to telling Sooyoung that this is not a dream.


“You can’t save everyone, Yves.”


Now, ehoing in her head.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued..

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

-STREAM PTT! Y'ALL!!!!!!!!