Eclipse

Re:WIND

 

The breeze touch her skin, as she walking to that abandoned building and glancing around. Searching for the voice that been calling for her. Slowly, she step into that building, found that mini round stage in the middle.

It’s red.


‘Where am I?’


She asked herself, as if she will know something about the place once she say the question in her mind. Heard a soft thud, she immediately turn her head just to hold her breath a second later when her eyes caught a blonde girl with red uniform walking inside the building. The girl was coming from another side of the building and she can see the girl lift her head, glancing around, just like what she did a while ago.


‘.. w-what?’


She widened her eyes, taken aback by what she see right now. She recognizes the girl. The girl looks identical to her. But she is not sure if that girl it’s actually her or not.


‘What does this mean..’


Watching the girl walking towards that mini round stage, she somehow forgot how to breath as she catch another glimpse of another girl across of her.


‘It’s not just another girl..’


She told herself as her eyes divert from the girl that slowly step on the mini round stage, to that another girl that also just walked into the building. She is not sure, but somehow she can see an owl flying outside the building, behind that another girl that also looks identical to her.

The difference from the girl earlier is, the another girl wear white long sleeve shirt, with red loop pattern on it, haired tied up, and black short.


‘.. what is this, what actually happened—‘


And before she can finish the sentence in her mind, her eyes widened as she see that another girl’s left eye glowing red. Red circle that she somehow familiar with.

Take a step back, her gaze suddenly caught the girl on the mini stage, looking up as she captivated by whatever up there. Until she notice, the day slowly turn dark..


‘E—eclipse??’


She state in her mind, looking up as she can see the moon slowly covered the sun. At the sight, she feel weird somehow, when she found herself not even squinting at it. But that’s not the weirdest thing that happened at this moment, once she notice something from the edge of her eyes.

That another girl, walk closer to the middle, raising her hand that gesture a finger gun. Somehow she feel confused by the gesture. Moving her gaze slowly to that another girl, she can see how that another girl's finger gun raised towards her and their eyes meet. A second later, she see that another girl open her lips, mouthing something, before she feel a sharp invisible bullet pierce into her head.


“It’s.. a dream?”


She sit on her bed, breath heavily with cold sweat rolling down on her face. Glancing around, she sure she is in her bedroom right now. Not that abandoned building, that she also have no idea where.

Sigh heavily, she lowered her head, shut her eyes and bring her hand to her head. Running her fingers through her hair, she sure she won’t go back to sleep anytime soon, so she decided to reach for her phone on the table near her bed.

Another sigh, again, she shut her eyes, exhale deeply, as she caught that red circle once again reflecting on her phone screen before she press the lock, makes the screen lit up.


‘.. what does that dream mean.. ?’


She asked the question in her mind, while her gaze fixed on her lock screen. Smiling slightly, she somehow feel calm a little bit when her gaze landed on those faces on her lock screen. It’s the picture they took last night. The picture of her, Haseul, Jiwoo, Yerim also Vivi. All of them smile brightly to the camera, as if it was the happiest picture they ever take.


‘.. forget it..’


She told herself, shutting her eyes when the dream come across her mind once again. Try to shoo the dream away, she breath deeply, bringing her hand to her hair and let her fingers running through it before she decides to open her eyes again, glancing at the time on her phone while she bring her thumb to swipe the screen. She thought, maybe watch some random videos will help her to feel sleepy.

But a second later, she stop her move. Frozen on her spot as she widened her eyes, watching how the time on her lock screen change.. the time.. somehow..

It goes backwards..


‘What?!’


She blinking hard, try to makes sure her eyes not playing a trick with her. But somehow it’s not. The minute is somehow, goes backward, every three seconds. And she sure enough, it’s frightening.


‘Maybe.. it just my—‘


She feels her breath stuck in . Once she lift her head, glancing to the digital clock that place on the table near her bed. She can’t believe her eyes. She doesn’t want to believe it as she rub her eyes roughly, still not sure with what she see.

But when her gaze fixed on that digital clock once again, she is shaking. Hesitate to bring her phone to her view, she glance to it. Glance to how the both times on her phone and the digital clock goes backwards at the same time.


“What..”


She stand in front of her window, placing her shaky palm on the glass as she watch how cars, and a few of people outside also move backwards. Except for her.


‘H-how..’


Took a step back, she gulp in nervous as she glance once again to her phone that still on her hand. The time still goes backwards, the same as the time on the digital clock.

This is not a dream. This is real. And she can notice how unsteady her breath becomes once she deep down know this is not a dream. She doesn’t want to believe it. But she sure enough this is reality—


“Look behind”


She snapped immediately towards that voice, stumble upon her own feet as she turn around and fall to the floor with a loud thud. Groaning, she can feel the sharp pain that now creeping in her body, as it just hit the hard floor a moment ago.


“What the ..”


Curse under her breath, she shut her eyes try to get herself up before she snapped her eyes open. Lift herself slightly and glancing around in panic and fear visible in her eyes.

She notice that, no one’s in her room. She is alone.


“H-huh?”


She blink her eyes, hard, with a heavy breath as she force her head to look behind. No one there. No one behind her. There’s no one, in front of her too. No one is around. She is alone. In her room.

There’s really no one except her in the room.


“.. how..”


Her body start to shaking, her gaze now fixed on her phone that lay not far from her on the floor. Surely got thrown by her a moment ago, since she can see there’s a crack on the screen. It has no crack before, but she couldn’t care less as it’s not what bothering her right now.

The screen is lit up. It’s vibrating on the floor. And she just panting hardly on her spot, watching her own phone screen. Watching how her alarm that she personally set thirty minutes gap between one another somehow just needed three seconds to ring.

From one alarm to another.. it just need three seconds.


“Look behind”


She hesitated following that voice. But couldn’t help it as she slowly turn around just to feel her breath hitched, when her gaze caught the light that quickly come into her room. This can’t be real. She told herself.

Widen her eyes, she sure a moment ago it’s still dark outside. But in one glance, it’s morning already? How? She doesn’t understand what happened. And she doesn’t have time to think once that sharp pain comeback to her left eye makes her immediately curled down to the floor.

It’s painful, but she just can groan with the pain that getting more and more painful every second. And it was until she grab the table near her bed, watching that digital clock now goes forward every three seconds.. then..

It stopped.

The same time as the pain disappears out of sudden. The same time as she feel her body fall to the floor for the second time. Panting hardly like she just running miles away without any stop. It’s exhausting, suffocating. But at least it stopped now, she dare to say it’s over now when her gaze caught the digital clock on her table now goes normally. Blinking normally while she still hardly try to steady her breath on the floor.


‘06:07..’


She state inside her mind as she watch her digital clock, a second before she decide to roll on the floor. Let herself laying there while facing the ceiling, still with unsteady breath.

It’s too early for her, but she knows it’s better for her to stay awake for now once her mind wandering back to the dream that she had earlier. Wandering to when that another girl pointed her finger gun towards her, mouthing something that she fully catch as..


“Look behind”


———


“You look like a mess..”


That coming from Haseul that standing behind the counter, carefully placing a coffee in front of Jungeun that been putting her face on the counter, facing her side and shutting her eyes immediately, once she step inside the coffee shop.


“Shut up”


Jungeun warn her, makes Haseul just shrugged her shoulders. Know too well to not messed up with a sleepy Kim Jungeun.

But it’s different story for Kim Jiwoo.


“Gooodd morningggggg~”


Jungeun just groan at that, facing another side immediately when she sure enough Jiwoo took a seat on her side also placing her head on the counter. Mimicking her position, besides her energy.


“I said.. gooooodddd morninggggggg~”


It sounds louder this time somehow, and Jungeun can’t help but to put her palm on her ears. Make an attempt to block the voice. And before the voice becomes even louder soon, she quickly open her lips, greeting back in hope that Jiwoo will leave her alone.


“Good morning, Jiwoo. You too, Haseul..”


She added the last sentence quickly, as she remembered she haven’t greet Haseul before.


“Good morning to you too, kid. Now drink the coffee before it’s cold”


Haseul state, somehow sounds like an order to Jungeun as she straighten herself lazily, reaching out to the coffee before she heard a loud gasp from her side.


“Oh my god, Jungeun! What happened to your face?! Have you sleep?!!”


Jiwoo exclaimed as she reach to Jungeun once the latter putting the coffee back on the counter after a single sip. Clasping with both of her palm a little hard on Jungeun’s cheeks, Jiwoo just widened her eyes when she see the bags visible under Jungeun’s eyes.


“No, I haven’t”


Jungeun state tiredly, earn another gasp from Jiwoo who automatically re-clasped her palms on Jungeun’s cheeks that just can shut her eyes out of reflex by that sudden movement.


“Oh my god Jungeun! Today is Ms. Park’s class, you’re so dead!!!”


“Mrs. Lee..”


Jungeun correct Jiwoo slightly, makes the latter blinking her eyes for a few times before she pull herself back a little. Just to put her fist on her palm with a ‘puff’ sound.


“Oh, right!”


Jiwoo state, smile widely while Jungeun just shake her head before she diverted her eyes from Jiwoo back to her coffee. Take a sip of it once again.


“Ms. Park??? She is married??”


Now it’s coming from Haseul as the latter lean on the counter, glancing towards Jungeun and Jiwoo alternately. Heard that, Jungeun just nod slightly, while Jiwoo nod eagerly. A complete different sight but not new for Haseul.


“.. finally???”


Haseul hesitate, but somehow the word slipped from her lips makes Jungeun and Jiwoo quickly give her a look. Judging.


“I— I mean, she is so scary, back then”


Stuttering, Haseul try to explain herself as she waving both of her hands in panic. But what comes later is just Jungeun and Jiwoo that shut their eyes, one sipping the coffee, while the other one cross her arms on her chest.


“She still”


They nod. At the same time. With the same words slipping out of their lips.

At. The. Same. Time.


“.. you gotta be kidding me..”


And Haseul face palmed.


———


“Thank god, it’s done”


Jungeun throw her head back, leaning on her seat, exhale deeply, as she never been so relieved hearing the bell ringing until today. Meanwhile in the other hand, Jiwoo just glance at her before she shake her head over Jungeun’s act


“Thank Haseul..”


Jiwoo state playfully, smile while wiggling her brows makes Jungeun can’t help but chuckle once she sit properly on her seat and turn to Jiwoo


“Right.. I should thank her”


She grin towards Jiwoo who just let out a laugh, gathering her things and put it into her bag.


“You already did in the coffee shop..”


“There’s no limit to say ‘thank you’ especially to Jo Haseul”


Jungeun state, putting an emphasis on Haseul’s full name that just earn a wide smile from Jiwoo, before the latter nod in agreement. Yup, Jo Haseul deserve the world, Jiwoo thought as she slide her bag on her shoulders.


“You meet up with Yerim today?”


The question coming out from Jiwoo’s lips as she turn to look at Jungeun that just start to gather her things into her bag.


“Yup.. still have no specific progress. But at least I can be there for her..”


Jungeun state, with that bitter smile on her face. And somehow, Jiwoo feel her heart sink at the sight. Jungeun had tell her along with Haseul about Yerim. How the two met by chance nearly a month ago. And how Yerim situation makes Jungeun can’t help but to dive herself in the younger problem and try to help her out.

Jiwoo and Haseul tried their best to help too, even though there’s nothing much they can do. Haseul suggested to make posters and go to police station. And Jungeun told her that Yerim already did that, but still no results. And when Haseul asked Jungeun if she can ask Yerim to give them a poster so she can put it on the coffee shop. In case customers recognizes the missing girl. Jungeun just sighed, declined the suggestion and said it’s useless. It leaves Haseul and Jiwoo in confused to be honest. But they decided to not ask further more.

And while thinking about that, Jiwoo mind suddenly travel back to the next day she arrived in Korea after her not so long trip oversea. Looking for someone in particular. Well, maybe not someone, two persons.

That morning, she woke up and found Haseul in the counter. Staring at what seems a blank crumpled paper on her eyes. Once she close enough, she asked Haseul what she staring at, as she feel the sight amusing.

Haseul rarely act like that as long as she can remember. Staring at a blank paper? With shock, and confused written all over her face? It doesn’t sounds like Haseul at all, Jiwoo thought. But later, Haseul just look up at her, blinking her eyes hard before she slide down the paper on the counter towards Jiwoo.


“It’s glitching..”


Jiwoo still remember how hesitant Haseul’s voice at that time. Glancing towards her that just can furrowing at the paper.

There’s nothing on it, Jiwoo told Haseul. And by that Jiwoo remember how Haseul face changes in instant as she lean closer towards Jiwoo, pointing at the paper as if there’s really something there.

But for Jiwoo, there’s nothing there.


“Are you serious, Jiwoo??”


“I should be the one to ask you that”


Jiwoo still remember how Haseul blinking her eyes too much as she furrowed her brows. Absolutely in confused, but then they just dropped it like that. Start to busy themselves with coffee shop thingy.

And to think about it again, Jiwoo feels something is off..


‘Is there really something there?’


Jiwoo thought to herself, thinking hard without she even realize it.


‘Something that.. I can’t see—‘


“Jiwoo??”


Jiwoo snapped out of her mind immediately as she feel a hand on her shoulder, makes her turn her head just to see Jungeun furrowed her brows at her.


“What is it?”


Jungeun asked, pulling her hand off of Jiwoo’s shoulder and choose to crossing her arms on her chest. Staring at Jiwoo in such an observing way. Notice that Jiwoo just bringing her hand to the back of her head, smile sheepishly


“It’s nothing. I just suddenly remember I should buy a few stuffs for the coffee shop”


A light laugh escape from Jiwoo lips as Jungeun shake her head slowly. Somehow feel kinda done with Jiwoo’s personality. Either way, Jungeun glad it’s nothing serious as it’s makes her kinda taken aback before. That kind of face. It’s rarely shown in Jiwoo’s face.

That somehow anxious facial expression.


“Oh! Then let’s go together, I’ll meet Yerim at that usual cafe tho”


“Sounds good! Let’s go! I miss her!!”


And just by that, the two walk out of the class, talk about nothing in particular just to kill the time. And when they about to cross the street, Jungeun suddenly remembered the meeting she had with Yerim.

It happened on this street too. When Yerim crossing the street. While she kneeling on it and feel that sharp pain in her left eye.

Somehow, the memory makes her smile.

Walking and keep paying attention to Jiwoo that now complains about some rude customer. Jungeun can’t help but to turn her smile into a grin when Jiwoo told her that Haseul banned the customer from the coffee shop just because he call Jiwoo too energetic. And just by that they let out a laugh. That’s really sounds like what Haseul will do tho. That girl will rather lost all her customers instead of let people call Jiwoo or Jungeun with words that she consider as bad words. Pretty unrealistic. But it’s a sweet of Haseul.


“And you know what the customer say—“


Jiwoo suddenly cut her words, stopping her step, the same as Jungeun when they already on the other side of the street. But that’s not what makes Jungeun and Jiwoo stop their steps out of sudden but the way that the day becomes darker as their shadow. Look up for a very brief of moment, Jiwoo immediately look down, shut her eyes.


“, eclipse..”


‘Eclipse?’


That catch Jungeun attention as she find herself lift her head. Staring at the sun that covered by the moon. Is it a total eclipse? Or.. oh— it’s annular eclipse..


‘Wait..’


Jungeun state inside her mind as the eclipse reminds her of the dream. And to her surprise, she is not even squinting at the sight. Just like in her dream.


“Jungeun! What are you doing?! You’ll go blind!”


She can feel how Jiwoo immediately put her palm on her eyes, but it’s not fully covered. As she can still see the eclipse with her left eye. And to her surprise the sunlight somehow turn red in her vision.

Is she really going blind? Just because of her stupidity—


“Look behind”


Once again, that voice coming into her mind. It feels weird every time she heard it as it totally sound the same as her own voice. But later, she found herself follow the words as she lowered her head, get a quick annoyed but still a bright ‘thank you’ from Jiwoo that just took a glance at her before walking away.

Jiwoo maybe thought that Jungeun will follow her right after. But, nope. Instead Jungeun turn around, staring at the other side of the street just to found a girl with blonde hair, wearing a black shirt and black mask on her face. Along with that black baseball cap. And an eye patch.

At the first glance there’s nothing wrong with that girl, Jungeun thought. But a second later, before Jungeun decided to follow Jiwoo, that girl look up at the eclipse and Jungeun swear she catch that glint in the girl’s eye. That blue glint. That glowing, blue circle, behind the eye patch as Jungeun can see the girl pull it down slightly, before she put it back to cover her eye.

And just by the sight, Jungeun can feel how the air got stuck in before she quickly step forward, running, when she see the girl slowly walking away. Jungeun can’t help but to run after her, even ignoring how the traffic light for the pedestrians already turning red for a few seconds.

Then.. it happens..


“JUNGEUN?!!”


She heard Jiwoo’s voice calling to her as her step almost reach the middle of the street. But before she can be in the middle of it, a sharp pain creeping on the side of her body once she got hit by the car she failed to notice. The said car crashed on her body hardly, makes her can’t help but to let herself get thrown away by that. Rolling on the top of the car before she found herself hit the street so hard it makes her groan in pain.


“..”


It slipped out of her lips as she feel her body aching so bad. Shutting her eyes tightly, she curse inside her mind as she remember how many times she let herself hit the ground in this so fine day. It’s start to annoyed her, but she eventually put the thought aside when she remembered something important than her so unlucky day.

That girl with blue circle in her eye.


“WAIT—“


Suddenly Jungeun cut her own risen voice, the time she snapped her eyes open just to welcomed by that black and white colored world once again.


‘.. it happened, again..?’


She lift herself slightly, try to ignore the pain that keep getting more visible in her body as she glance around. Looking for that big screen just to furrowed her brows.

The big screen. That exact big screen looks normal to her. Frozen with product promotion on it. It’s also in black and white, not that blank blue colored like the last time.


‘What happened?’


She state inside her mind, trying so hard to get into her feet just to realize that red liquid running down on her face from her temple. Probably from the crash, she thought as she glance to the car. Walking closer to it just to notice the car looks so fine, not even a scratch or a crack on the windshield, despite of how hard she know it hit her before.


‘Did the time stop before it hit me? Or did the time stop before I get thrown away?’


She thought, as she observed the car carefully just to snapped out of her mind a second later when she hear a steps not far behind her. Turn around, she found that girl walking away. And just like Yerim last time, the girl is colored. Very contrast with the black and white colored around her.


“Wait!”


Not even have the time to think twice, Jungeun steps forward, almost run towards that girl. But unfortunately, the pain prevents her for doing so, once she can feel that sting pain in her right foot.

Cursing under her breath she can feel the right part of her body start to feel more pain as it’s the part that got hit right by the car. Sigh heavily, she couldn’t care much about it as the girl seems not heard her voice, or..

She pretend to not hear.


“Hey! Wait!”


Jungeun try to risen her voice a bit louder just to sigh a second later when she see the girl keep walking away from her that trying so hard to catch up. She wants to give up, but she also know this is not the best time for it.

She should get to that girl. She should. No matter what. She need to get to her. Yerim need her.


‘.. Yerim’


“JINSOUL! STOP!”


Those words escape from her lips unexpectedly as she use every bit of her energy to shout those two words.

Shutting her eyes, and breath heavily, she slowly open her eyes to find that girl stop her steps. She feel relieved by that somehow. But a second later, she just can furrowed her brows as she watch that girl lift her hands, bring it to her own face as if she wants to cover her own vision. And before Jungeun can see her face as she catch the motion of that girl turning around, that girl disappeared. Out of sudden.


“W—what??”


That slipped out of Jungeun lips as she widened her eyes, can’t believe the sight she just witnessed.

That girl. Disappeared. Before her eyes.


“What was happening?”


She asked the question to no one, as the words vanished into thin air. And before she realized, everything suddenly back to normal. The busy street, the sounds of steps and cars. Those all sounds somehow rush to get into her ear, but she couldn’t care less as she frozen on her spot. Her mind spinning, even after Jiwoo get into her view. Staring at her in worried.


“JUNGEUN?! YOU O— GOD! YOU’RE BLEEDING!!”


Jiwoo exclaimed in panic as Jungeun can feel the grip on both of her arms. But still Jungeun’s mind spinning, buzzing, and it makes her feel dizzy somehow.


‘.. is that really..’


She can feel something weird creeping into her chest. Some feelings she can’t quite put the name on it. But for sure, she hate that feeling. Especially when she say that name in her mind.


‘Jinsoul..?’


———


“YOU GOT HIT BY A CAR?!!”


Those words coming from Yerim after she heard what just happened from Jiwoo. While Jungeun try to avert the gaze that now staring directly at her in worried, disbelief, surprise, and mostly frustration.


“I KNOW RIGHT! THIS IDIOT JUST RUN DOWN THE STREET LIKE— ARGHHHH”


Jiwoo grab her own hair, not even bother to hide her frustration as she let it out in a single scream. Meanwhile in the other hand, Haseul just sigh heavily.

Stepping away from Jungeun, Haseul feel quite satisfied with her own work when she took a last glance to that bandaid on Jungeun’s temple before her eyes fixed on the latter herself.

Crossing her arms on her chest. She narrowed her eyes on Jungeun.


“Now.. tell me.. what the heck you chased that lead you to this?”


Haseul’s voice sounds so firm makes Yerim and Jiwoo immediately shut their mouth. Feeling that tense air slowly building among them out of nowhere. And by noticing that Jungeun just sigh deeply, run her fingers through her hair absolutely in frustration that almost similar to Jiwoo’s frustration before.


“.. I thought, I saw a friend..”


Jungeun state carefully, earn a raised eyebrow from Haseul that absolutely not buying it makes Jungeun exhale deeply this time.


“I thought it was someone I know, I don’t see her for years. So I quite surprised to see her on the street. And then, I saw her walking away.. that’s when I ..”


“You cross the street without looking around? You know, left and right? God, Jungeun.. what are you? 5??”


Haseul face palmed, sigh heavily over Jungeun’s answer while the latter just stare at her. Not sure of what to do, so she decided to glance around. She see Jiwoo that also just sigh and put her palms on her face. Then Yerim that just staring at her. And once her gaze landed on Yerim, her mind travel back to what happened a moment ago. After Jiwoo get her on the street, Yerim suddenly called her phone that she almost missed to answer.


“What happened? The time stop again? You okay???”


That was the first thing that coming from Yerim when Jungeun answer the phone just to say she will explain to the younger later. In which Yerim quickly agree when the latter can hear Jiwoo’s voice from across the phone telling Jungeun to go to hospital, but of course Jungeun declined. It leads to a little quarrel tho, as Jiwoo keep pushing her and Jungeun keep saying she is alright.

It last a few minutes, until Yerim eventually decided to step into the conversation and said the best way at this moment is to bring Jungeun to Haseul since she remembered Haseul once is a medical student. She graduated with a very good grade and title tho. But somehow the latter decided to not jump into that field and instead opening a coffee shop.

When Yerim asked ‘why?’ Haseul just say that managing her own coffee shop is her dream. And that’s enough for Yerim to understand.


“Just..”


Haseul exhale heavily, pull her palm off her face just to staring right into Jungeun eyes.


“Just.. never do that again..”


Those words come out softly from Haseul’s lips as the latter’s gaze still fixed on Jungeun. Nod weakly, Jungeun slowly put her head down. Avoiding Haseul eyes somehow, but the latter just smile at that and walk passed her. Not forget to mess a bit with Jungeun’s blonde haired before she walk back to the counter. Making sure Jungeun know that she is not mad, she just worried.


“Alright, now that you’re fine! I’ll go back to work! Don’t miss meee~”


Those coming from Jiwoo as she immediately stand up from her seat, wrapped her arm around Yerim for a while until she flick Jungeun’s forehead.

Grinning widely once Jiwoo see Jungeun almost rush to her, she quickly run towards Haseul who just can sigh at how childish these two acts. Shaking her head when she see Jiwoo put her tongue out towards Jungeun who just can glare at her while putting her palm on her own forehead.

At least.. Jiwoo flicked far enough from the wound, Haseul thought.


———


“Are you sure you okay?”


Yerim asked worriedly, walking beside Jungeun who just can scoffed while put her haired that come down to her face aside. Showing that bandaid on her temple to Yerim, as she turn to the younger.


“I’m sure! You think this little thing can hurt me?! Ha! Think again!”


She smirk at her words, sarcastically. While Yerim just shake her head over Jungeun’s words. Glancing at Jungeun from head to toe. Again, Yerim just shake her head when she notice Jungeun’s walk kinda slow then usual.

Of course, there’s no way Jungeun’s body is fine. She just got hit by a car. There’s no way she is fine. But Yerim just let her be, don’t want to turn this into unmeaningly quarrel as she learned that Jungeun kinda stubborn.


“So.. what happened?”


Yerim start once they slide on their seat in that certain cafe they always went after a long day searching for Yeojin. They didn’t do the searching like they always do for today. First, cause of Jungeun’s unexpectedly situation and condition. Second, cause of Yerim think there’s something more important than just walking without any direction, for now. There’s still no specific information nor results even after she tried all the things she can do to find Yeojin.

It’s frustrating. Especially when the dream of that certain girl a.k.a Im Yeojin somehow haunt her. Yerim dream about a wide field, with tall grass and she see Yeojin from afar, standing while reaching her hand to another girl Yerim failed to see. And when Yerim try to call to her, her voice stuck in . Until her vision glitching between the field and the purple room. And later, it’s glitching to her own room. 

Yerim thought, wondering if it’s just another weird dream or reality, as she found her right eye glowing purple. But to makes her confused, usually her right eye will aching whenever it showed the circle.

But last night.. there’s nothing. No pain.


“Well.. I actually don’t know if this will help. But guess it's worth to try”


Jungeun state, caught Yerim attention immediately as  the latter snapped out of her mind that just travel back to last night.


“What is it?”


Yerim can see how Jungeun sigh, unsure with whatever that will leave her lips a second later. But Jungeun know, Yerim at least deserve to know. This maybe can be the light that will lead them to solve their problem.


“.. there’s another one.. like us..”


Those words slipped from Jungeun lips as she staring deep into Yerim’s eyes. And just by that Yerim furrowed her brows, lean closer to Jungeun. Somehow telling the latter that she have all her attention.


“.. another one.. like us? Do you mean..”


Yerim hang her words in the air, staring back into Jungeun’s eyes before she found the latter nod her head. Makes Yerim can’t help but widen her eyes. Gasp in shock.


“What?! Are you— are you serious?!!”


Yerim immediately put her palm on the table, standing from her seat while her gaze fixed on Jungeun that just glancing around. Smile apologetically, Jungeun quickly reach for Yerim arm and pull her back to sit. Once she notice those uncomfortable look towards them.


“Sit, Yerim.. I need you to calm down—“


“Who is it?! Oh my god!! Jungeun!! Who is it?! Do I know them?! Is it Haseul?! Or Jiwoo?! Or Vivi?!!”


And just by that Jungeun sigh, face palmed as she found Yerim jump up and down on her seat. Beaming with spark absolutely visible in her eyes


“Come on, Jungeun! Tell me!! Who is it?! This is exciting!! We maybe can—“


“It’s Jinsoul..”


Jungeun state, cutting Yerim’s words in the process. And Jungeun swear it’s really amusing to see how Yerim’s jaw dropping slowly, by that new information


“J-Jinsoul..?? As if.. Jung Jinsoul?”


That one just got a nod from Jungeun as the waitress come to serve their foods and drinks. Widened her eyes in disbelief before blinking for a few times, Yerim still have open until Jungeun reach out and close it for her. It successfully snapped Yerim back to reality immediately, but still, Jungeun can see how ‘you must be kidding me?!’ written all over Yerim’s face.


“I’m not kidding..”


Jungeun state, reaching for her coffee and took a sip of it before place it back on the table just to continue her words.


“I saw her on the street, before the car hit me..”


By that, Yerim just blinking her eyes. Hard. Seems like try to get a hold of herself before she reach for her orange juice, and put it back on the table after a few gulp


“So.. the one that you tried to chase is.. Jinsoul?”


The question leave Yerim as she still looks kinda unsure about what happened. At least in Jungeun’s eyes. Or maybe, Yerim just kinda hesitant to ask that. Either way, Jungeun is ready to spill her some details..


“There’s an eclipse before..”


Jungeun start, earn a quick nod from Yerim that just staring at Jungeun with both her palm on her thigh. Try to match Jungeun’s vibes of seriousness.


“Yeah.. people talk about it a lot..”


Jungeun nod at that, once again reach out to her coffee. But this time, she just playing with the cup, watching the black liquid spin inside


“Yeah.. And actually I’m not sure, but when the eclipse happened.. I can feel my eye glowing.."


Jungeun pause for a second, somehow feel kinda weird to say that herself. While in the other hand, Yerim just furrowed her brows, but say nothing..


“.. I have a dream about eclipse last night. The same that happened today. It just.. I.. I was in such an abandoned building and met two versions of me.. I’m not sure if they’re really me tho. But they really looks like me. The different is just how they ..”


Jungeun suddenly hanging her words in the air, widen her eyes in disbelief when her eyes diverted to Yerim’s school uniform. She just realize the girl that step on that red mini round stage have the same uniform as Yerim.

Just different color.


‘What does that mean??’


Jungeun put her coffee back on the table, feel kinda taken aback by that sudden realization. And a second later, she can’t help but to let her mind travel back to the first weird dream she ever had once she got that red circle in her left eye.

Recall the dream in her mind. That dark beach that she have no idea where, and that blonde girl that standing in the water, turning towards her with that blue glint in her left eye.

And the image of that terrifying smile, suddenly rushing into her head.


‘.. it can’t be..’


Start to connect the dots in her mind. She remembered what the girl in the dream wear. It’s the same uniform as Yerim’s. Just in different color.

Yerim’s uniform is purple. The same as that circle in her right eye.

The other her that step on the red mini round stage, the uniform is red. The same as the circle in her left eye.

Lastly..

The mysterious blonde girl that appears in her first weird dream and also Yerim’s dream. She wears blue uniform. The same color as the circle in her left eye.

And just by that, those images of memory started to rush into Jungeun’s mind as she recalled the events that happened before they sit on this cafe. Before she got hit by the car. Before the eclipse. Travel back to the time when they were on this exact same cafe. Exact same spot.

Then, Jinsoul walk passed them.

The eye patch.


“.. it’s really Jinsoul..”


It explains why Jinsoul wear eye patch at that time. As Jungeun mind jump forward to where she saw that girl on the street. Where she saw that girl pulling off her eye patch a little, but enough to Jungeun to catch that blue circle glowing in her eye. It’s really her, Jungeun thought when her mind keep the memory playing forward to where the name rolled on her tongue.

She have no idea why it’s Jinsoul name that slipped out of her lips. She have no idea.

But the eyes looks too familiar.. to her.


“Jungeun?”


She snapped out of her mind. Forcefully brought back to reality just to find Yerim gaze on her. Staring at her in worried while the latter hand on hers.


“Jungeun, you okay? You look dizzy..”


Yerim state, tilted her head to get a better look of Jungeun’s face. While in the other hand, Jungeun just sigh heavily, bring her hand that not on Yerim’s grip to her temple. Massage it a lightly when she feel a headache start to form there.


“I-I’m okay, Yerim.. just a little headache. Probably from before”


“Are you sure? We can call it a day if you—“


“No, no, Yerim.. It’s fine. Besides.. you need to know about this..”


Jungeun state, cutting Yerim’s words as she pull her hand off of her temple. Staring at the younger girl eyes, Jungeun try to makes sure Yerim get the message that they should talk about this. About Jinsoul. About the mysterious blonde girl. About the blue circle.

Somehow, Jungeun have the feeling they will get a clue, information, anything that can lead them to Yeojin.

If just they can talk to Jung Jinsoul.


“.. you’re a real fans..”


That’s unexpectedly coming from Yerim’s lips once Jungeun’s done with her story. And just by that, she can’t help but face palmed, groan at how innocent Yerim voice is. Meanwhile, Yerim just drinking her orange juice til the last drop before put the now empty glass back to the table.


“I’m serious.. you can recognize Jinsoul by her eyes! That’s awesome! Kinda creepy.. but still awesome!!”


Yerim state excitedly with spark of admiration in her eyes that absolutely stare at Jungeun. Seeing that, Jungeun groan even louder as she throw her head backwards, lean on her seat in the process.

Sense how annoyed Jungeun becomes, Yerim can’t help but let out a small chuckle before she also lean on her own seat. Staring at nowhere.


“But.. to think about it.. it’s kinda makes sense.. I mean, the mysterious blonde girl in my dream really looks like her, somehow. It just.. well, if just I didn’t know you Jungeun. I probably will call you delusional. But I think you’re not that kind of person. I mean, come on. Why would you throw yourself to the car? I think, you’re not someone who do that just to get attention from your idol..”


Yerim smirk in the end of her words when she catch how Jungeun stare at her, just to rolled her eyes in annoyed over Yerim’s words.


“Oh come on, Yerim.. be serious—“


“I am! Don’t you see how serious I am!”


Yerim put her palm on the table as she said that, while her other hand placed close to her face in the air. Pointing at how she furrowed her brows while staring at Jungeun that again just rolled her eyes over her.


“Whatever.. anyway, how about the other mysterious girl in your dream? Ring a bell somehow?”


That caught Yerim off guard, she doesn’t know why but it is, as she blinking her eyes a few times then put her hand on the table. Looking down.


“I.. I don’t know. The face kinda blurry..”


Those coming weakly somehow from Yerim’s lips makes Jungeun silently curse under her breath when she realizes what she just said. A moment ago, Yerim also told her that she dreamed about Yeojin last night. Just after Jungeun told her about her dream. And at that time, Jungeun smart enough to change the topic when she notice how fast Yerim’s expression changes. But this time.. she doesn’t know what to say, so instead she reach for both of younger’s hands. Squeeze it lightly.


“Don’t worry Yerim.. I’m with you no matter what happen..”


That coming softly from Jungeun’s lips along with a comforting smile that just earn a nod from Yerim. A second before a smile curved on Yerim’s face


“Thank you, Jungeun..”


“Don’t mention it, kid. Come on. I’ll walk you home”


And just by that Jungeun pull Yerim off of her seat. Letting the younger snuggle closer to her arm and rest her head on Jungeun’s shoulder. Even though she complained about how hard it is to lean on Jungeun cause of their height difference. Yerim still keep her head on Jungeun’s shoulder even when the latter try to push her away. And that somehow makes them laugh on the way to Yerim’s house.


“Oh, right! Jungeun! I almost forgot!”


Yerim stopped her step, immediately turn to Jungeun that just can raise one of her eyebrows towards Yerim. They arrived at Yerim’s apartment building a few moments ago, and Jungeun is about to walk home, if just Yerim’s voice didn’t stop her.


“You think.. the girl in my dream beside Yeojin.. is exist?”


That coming unexpectedly from Yerim. At least it was not what Jungeun had expected at all.


“I.. I don’t know Yerim.. maybe—“


“If.. if we can find a way to Yeojin. Can we save the girl too?”


Yerim sounds hesitated, staring right into Jungeun’s eyes that staring back at her. Notice how Yerim bite her lower lip as to waiting for Jungeun to respond to her. The relief now written all over her face once she see Jungeun pull both sides of her lips up, hands into her leather jacket.


“Of course, Yerim!”


And with that Yerim can’t help but to smile widely. Nod one last time towards Jungeun, Yerim quickly turn around, run into the apartment building while waving excitedly to Jungeun that just wave back with a wide grin plastered on her face. And when Yerim is out of her sight, that grin somehow disappeared as she look behind, feeling a cold breeze blow onto her neck. Somehow..

She sense something is off.


———


“Jiwoo, can you please go to the storage room to check our stock? Just in case..”


“Sure! Sorry! I’ll do the shopping tomorrow!”


“I didn’t mean to— wait— Jiwoo?!”


And just like that Jiwoo rush behind, leaving Haseul that just blinking her eyes as she wants to say something. But later, she found herself giving up at the thought once Jiwoo is out of her sight.

Sighing heavily, Haseul slowly shake her head, decided to busy herself with the coffee that she’s making earlier.

But still.. it’s bother her.


“I didn’t even mean to bring it up. God, Haseul.. I should apologize later..”


Haseul bite her lower lip at the end of her words, until she decided to shrugged it off and focus to make the coffee. Meanwhile in the other side of the coffee shop. In the storage room, Jiwoo is walking around with a board and a stock record on top of it. Tapping the pen lightly on her chin as she scanned the room, she hummed to herself before she sigh once she notice they running out of milk.


“I know I should go shopping earlier!!”


Jiwoo groan, shutting her eyes and hitting her head with the pen to punish herself somehow. Sighing deeply, she put the pen on her cheek this time, letting her shoulders slumped the same time she exhale her breath.


“I should go tomorrow. I don’t have class tho..”


She state to herself, lean to the pen that push deep onto her cheek. And, to think about shopping, that she basically should do earlier before she went home or technically the coffee shop since she and Haseul live on the second floor. Those images suddenly come into her mind. Those images when the Eclipse happened, and those images of what happened after the Eclipse.

And just by the images of the events in her mind. Jiwoo slowly opened her eyes, staring at nowhere with that unreadable emotion in her eyes. Letting her mind playing those events like a broken records. She remember how Jungeun look up at the Eclipse. Technically, it will damage Jungeun’s eye sight. But surprisingly, the latter looks so fine. It makes Jiwoo wonder, but she just shrugged it off like it’s nothing.

Then it happened..

Everything suddenly turn into black and white, except for Jiwoo, Jungeun and the girl across the street, Jiwoo failed to notice.

After heard the bump sound, Jiwoo almost rush towards Jungeun at that time as she saw how the car hit Jungeun’s side but to her surprise. The time stopped. Everything around her suddenly freeze along with her. The different is, she frozen on her spot cause of shock instead, watching how Jungeun rolled on top of the car then landed hardly on the street. 

It’s hard to believe at that time, when she catch the glint of red circle in Jungeun’s left eye, glowing, while the latter looking around, probably scanned her surroundings. And just by that, she quickly hide behind a big guy nearby. Hoping Jungeun didn’t caught her as she holds her breath, try to calm her heart that beating too fast to her knowing.


‘It can’t be..’


Jiwoo remembered at that time. Remember how she wish her eyes were playing a trick with her. But even after she rub her eyes, blinking so hard. That red circle still glowing there, in Jungeun’s left eye as the latter walk to the car that just crashed onto her. And just when that happened, she notice the girl across the street, staring at Jungeun with that cold eye.

The girl have an eye patch on her left eye. And just by the sight, Jiwoo found herself holding her breath once again, as she start to hear her heartbeat in her ears.


‘.. it can’t be..’


Inhale deeply, Jiwoo slowly lift her head. Staring at the ceiling before she shut her eyes a second later, try to calm her heart that somehow beating unstably once the image of that girl come into her mind.

The way she catch how annoyed the girl stare at Jungeun. How the girl cold eye fixed on Jungeun before she turning around, walk away ignoring how Jungeun try to catch up to her. And how the name slipped out of Jungeun’s lips that somehow successfully stopped the girl in her track. And the sight after that, makes Jiwoo can’t help but shaking in her spot.

The way she saw that girl put her hand up to her eye level, and turning around then disappeared. She can’t help but to feel fear slowly consume her. 


‘.. The blue.. circle..?’


Somehow, the sight was too frightening to Jiwoo, it’s too frightening that she found herself shaking so hard at that time. She tried to manage her own breath until she snapped out of it. When everything suddenly back to normal, colored. The first thing that come to her mind at that moment was..


‘.. Jungeun..’


Jiwoo state the name in her mind. Opening her eyes when she lowered her head, looking down at the floor and let those images fade away little by little. She let the silence fill the air around her, as her eyes somehow looks empty and emotionless when her mind start to buzzing cause of those events, uninvited rush into her head. 

Then a second later, another memory come into her mind. The memory of when she was siting on the library, reading something she had no interest in. But to her surprise it help her, somehow..


The Blue Circle, the places. The Red Circle, the time. When The Blue and The Red come together, The Purple exist. The Purple Circle, the dimension.


Those words come to Jiwoo’s mind, the words that she once read from an old book in the library to shoo her boredom. She never thought she will remember those words tho, but unexpectedly somehow she did. Especially the last words on that exact same paragraph.


The Circles exist, before The Disaster.


“I need to find them..”


———


The classical music echoes around the room. Eyes are on that big stage with red curtain on each sides, and another red curtain on the background.

Letting the light get through on the stage. Shine perfectly on the girl in that black tight dress and black feather half mask on her left eye with her hair tied up. Capturing her every move as she swing her arms beautifully to her sides. Tip toeing, following the rhythm of the classical music. Spinning one, two, three times with the perfect timing in each move. Her facial expression is out of this world, as people gasped in awe at every moves she makes.

It seems, everyone that watching is too captivated, like they’re under a certain spell that cast by that girl. And before they realize, the music’s up. The girl is on the floor, doing her final pose. Closing her eyes, as the silence suddenly fill that big room. Then, after counting to five in her mind. That girl can hear the loud cheers, applauses, coming from the audience direction as she eventually open her eyes. Staring at nowhere.


“Sooyoung.. someone said she wants to meet you—“


“Tell them I’m busy”


That girl walk towards the chair, siting on it immediately and let her make up artist take off the black feather mask of her face as she close her eyes. Not even spare a glance to that guy that just had his words cut by her.


“But Sooyoung, she said— .. the name’s Vivi”


That guy state, sounds hesitant until he finally said the name. Not sure why. But later, it somehow caught the girl attention as she open her eyes, staring at her reflection on the mirror in front of her. Before her gaze move towards that guy.

That black feather mask already off of her face.


“Where is she?”


———


The girl stay quiet, staring at the poster that framed on the wall. Reading letter by letter on it until her gaze focused on that girl in the poster. Wearing a black iconic tight dress and that black feather half mask that fits perfectly on her.

That girl looks elegant, she admits. Even though it just a poster, somehow she can feel herself getting attached to that girl. Admiring her, and feel thankful for her existence—


“Vivi!”


She snapped out of her thoughts. Turn to her side just to find that girl running towards her, hugging that oversized black jacket just to makes sure it won’t slide off of her shoulders.


“Hi! It’s been a while!”


That girl state when she is close enough to the other girl, which is Vivi. And when Vivi heard that, she can’t help but to turn fully towards that girl, smile sweetly.


“Yup.. it’s been.. three years? Since the last time I saw you?”


Vivi playfully said, earn a snort from that girl before the latter let out a small laugh. It’s contagious somehow, as Vivi found herself laugh along with that girl. It just last for a few seconds tho, til that girl open , let the words rolled on her tongue


“So funny. Well, either way.. it’s good to see you. I thought you were in Hongkong?”


That girl tilted her head to the side, somehow demand an explanation from Vivi that just can shake her head slowly before answering,


“I move here two years ago..”


Vivi state, earn a small nod from that girl that just form an o shape with before her gaze that was away from Vivi now back again to the latter.


“Modeling?”


“No.. I quit after a year”


That one earn a gasp from that girl as Vivi can see how that girl widened her eyes in disbelief, while her jaw drop at the new information. That girl know modeling is Vivi’s dream. Well, was Vivi’s dream..


“Wait— what??! Why?!”


“Got bored.. so I quit..”


Vivi shrugged over her own words, while that girl just blinking her eyes for a few times. Still in disbelief as she shake her head.


“God.. I will never understand you..”


That girl state, makes Vivi can’t help but to put that wide smile on her face. Putting her hands into her coat pocket, Vivi fixed her gaze on that girl


“I work in the music industry tho.. I’m a talent searcher. I find it fun so far..”


Those words escape smoothly from Vivi’s lips, earn a nod once again from that girl. It was, until that smirk somehow make an appearance on that girl face out of nowhere 


“Oh.. I get it.. you here to—“


“Nope. I’m not here to offer you a contract or anything like that. Don’t flatter yourself..”


Vivi lift the side of her lips at the end of her words. Once again earn a snort from that girl that start to bring her arms crossed on her chest.


“Alright, Ms. Wong.. you have my fully attention..”


And just by that, the smile that was on Vivi’s face now disappeared in an instant, replaced by a sigh. Furrowed by the sight, that girl decided to stay quiet as she watch how Vivi reach for something from her inner coat pocket


“I found this last night..”


Vivi raised her hand towards that girl, who just can let out an ah sound from her lips when her gaze now fixed on that bitten still so fresh apple on Vivi’s hand. Finally kinda understand where this conversation going..


“Where did you find it?”


That girl asked as she reach out, taking that bitten apple and observed it once it’s now in her grip


“It’s kinda far from here. It’s hard to explain the exact location tho.. but it was a few blocks away from a coffee shop called The Carol..”


“The Carol?”


That girl raised an eyebrow at the name, find it kinda amusing. But in the other hand, Vivi just shrugged her shoulders, staring at that bitten apple on that girl hand that slowly vanished into thin air, with the fire that coming out of nowhere. That’s not a new sight for Vivi tho.


“One of them is here then..”


That girl state, watching the bitten apple get eat by the fire before it’s suddenly gone into the air, with that somehow empty gaze. Usually the bitten apple will just vanished once she dropped it. But this apple somehow manage to get here. Manage to landed somewhere. Surprisingly.

She wonder which one of them is here.


“I found it on the street. No ones around..”


Those coming from Vivi’s lips smoothly but somehow it successfully makes that girl flinch on her spot. It was a rare sight for Vivi to her surprise. That girl usually doesn’t react that way as long as she can remember. Or maybe..


“Don’t say.. you haven’t found them?”


That girl lift the side of her lips at Vivi’s words. Smile bitterly before she shake her head, absolutely earn a heavy sigh from Vivi that immediately bring her hand to massage her temple. That girl tried so hard to searching for them tho. At least .. she can say that.


“It’s been.. I don’t know, around six or five years? Since I escaped?”


It sounds unsure, coming from that girl that now put her hand that once has an apple on it into her black oversized jacket pocket. Of course after she wear it in the right way instead of just place it on her shoulders. In the other hand Vivi once again just sigh, don’t know how to react until she remembered about something. Something that probably more important than that already gone bitten apple.


“I.. I maybe found something.. that maybe can lead you to them”


This time, Vivi is the one who sounds unsure as she lift her gaze to stare at that girl that absolutely staring back at her. Somehow telling her to continue whatever she wants to say through her gaze, and Vivi do..


“I met an odd eye. Blue circle..”


And with that, that girl face suddenly changed. Makes Vivi gulp nervously. She can’t read what emotion written on that girl face.

It looks dark.. somehow.


“How about The Red Circle?”


“Have no idea.. I met her a few months before I move here”


That somehow caught that girl attention as she raised one of her eyebrows towards Vivi. Demand the details this time..


“I met her in an aquarium, back in Hongkong. She collapsed on the floor, clenching her left eye. I was the only one that noticed her and decided to come to her.. I can’t believe my eyes that time. She is glitching, and I tried to calm her down.. then..”


Vivi hang her words in the air out of sudden, finding it hard to breath once those images from two years ago, come into her mind. Rushing into her head, as she remembered how she kneeling beside that certain girl that curled down on the floor. Vivi remember how in pain that certain girl was before she catch that glint. 

That blue eye cirlcle. Glowing.


“.. blue betta? She saw a blue betta in the aquarium. And it triggered The Circle?”


Vivi nod over that. Giving that as an confirmation to that girl questions who just can sigh. Bringing her palm to her face, rubbed her face in tired before her point finger hang on her bridge nose, along with her palm that half leave her face. Looking down as she deep in her thought.


“If.. If The Blue Circle awakened. The Red will follow.. then, when they meet. Or as I can say, when they bonding.. Purple will awakened. This actually can be a good sign and bad at the same time. Good, cause at least I know they absolutely here.. on earth. Then, bad.. cause that also mean.. she is coming..”


Vivi caught her breath stuck in over the words that escape smoothly from that girl’s lips. Deep down, she know what that girl’s words mean. That girl told her once when she caught the sight of the bitten apple vanished into the air for the first  time. It happened four years ago, a year after she met that girl when she work on the rental skate in Paris, France.

It was too sudden for Vivi. The information was terrifying for her. Especially when that girl told her who she actually is. Where she actually came from. And why she is on earth. That girl escaped from a place that people on earth called, heaven. But that girl call it, hell. Then it continues from there as that girl explains about the bitten apple. That girl told Vivi that it was her way to try to connect.. to contact them.

That girl didn’t escape by herself. She escaped along with two girls. But til now she haven’t meet them, yet. Vivi know how that girl tried so hard to searching for them, sending that bitten apple just to saw it vanished into the air, consumed by the fire many times.

That girl said, when the apple consumed by the fire the second she drops it. That means, whoever she sent the apple for, haven’t reach the earth. And to Vivi knowing, she watch many times how the apple just vanished, consumed by the fire back then. She remember how that girl will sigh heavily as she watch the apple burn in the air. The sight was frustrating even for Vivi. And she can’t imagine how frustrating that was for that girl.

Then, that girl told her about apocalypse. About what cause it. About The Odd Eye. About those Circles that will be the sign that the apocalypse is coming. The end of the earth.


“It won’t happen in the near future. I hope. But if The Red Circle is out there.. somewhere. The Purple Circle will surely awakened, soon. And when that happened.. it’s about the time..”


That girl hanging her words in the air, taking a deep breath while Vivi just staring at her. Tense on her spot.


“How much time left til the apocalypse? After The Circles come together?”


“It depends. I’m not sure. It can take years.. or months. Worst, days or hours.. according to that old book I read”


That caught Vivi off guard somehow, as that girl sigh heavily, once again bring her arms to cross on her chest. Shutting her eyes while lift her head. This information is too much for both of them.


“Can we stop it.. I mean the apocalypse?”


Vivi asked, hesitated as she bite her lower lips the second those words leave her. Open her eyes slowly, that girl blinking hard, before her gaze move towards Vivi. Staring at the latter.


We can..”


That somehow makes Vivi exhale her breath, in relief. But a second later she feel her breath stuck in throat once that girl continues,


“Only if The Circles stays in the light..”


———


That sounds echoed. Coming from the contact of her feet to every steps she took on the stairs.

Everything around her is black, it’s dark. Except for this white stairs that rise high to the top. It’s still a long way for her to reach the top tho, she know that, as she can’t see the end of the stairs yet. She only see darkness up there, even though it looks less darker than the stairs behind her. Still, she have a long way to go—


“Hey..”


She quickly stop her steps, once the unfamiliar voice get into her ears. Makes her slowly lift her head. Looking up, just to found an unfamiliar face a few steps away from her.


“Should I ask what an Odd Eye doing here?”


It coming coldly from her lips as she raised her eyebrow towards that girl that standing on the stairs a little far from her. She is not even bother to hide how displeased she sounds, at that girl unwanted presence. But that girl in the other hand just lift the side of her lips, snort lightly before she bring her hand to push her cap up.

Showing that blue circle in her left eye..


“You have a good sight..”


That girl state makes her the one who snort at the words this time. Shaking her head slowly, she fixed her gaze on that girl. Somehow looking down at the latter with her cold, dark gaze, but she decided to ask eventually.


“What do you want?”


Those words sounds low, colder than her voice earlier as she staring sharp into that girl eyes. Especially that blue circle on the latter left eye.


“Right.. straight to the point. Guess Eden doesn’t have something call small talk..”


She found herself flinch at that girl words. Hate to admit that it caught her off guard, but it doesn’t even take her a second to get a hold of herself as she narrowed her eyes at that girl, that just smirk towards her. Raised her eyebrow again, she can see how that girl slowly look behind. Looking at the unrevealed end of the stairs up there.


“I wish I can just bring you out here. But guess you should do that yourself”


That girl state, with an unpleasant smile on her face before turn towards her. Let her notice how that girl eyes now filled with emotion that she failed to recognize let alone put a name to it.


“Guess I should wait for you a little longer..”


Oh, she thought. Once those words escape from that girl’s lips smoothly. Found herself knowing what those gaze in that girl’s eyes mean a second later. It absolutely reminded her of no other than..

Herself.


“I asked, what do you want?”


She let out the question once again. Makes sure to emphasize every single words on the sentence as her gaze still fixed on that girl. And just by that, that girl once again lift the side of her lips. Turning to fully face her.


“The same as you”


———


“Oh my god, your highness! Are you okay?!”


The maid that been standing near behind her immediately rush. Checking her, when the loud thud can be heard, coming from the now scattered glass of a little cup and saucer on the floor. Staring at nowhere, her breath becomes unsteady as she widened her eyes, let the maid clean the mess. 

Blinking hard, she suddenly get up from her seat, walking towards the big window, leaving the maid on her current spot.


“Your highness?”


That coming from the maid behind her, but she just ignored it. Ignoring how her white socks now turn red as she step on the scattered glass.

She keep walking towards the window, watching the dark cloud outside and feel her hands start to shaking. But she ignored it as she bring her palm to reach for the window glass. Putting her palm on it just to feel the cold now spread all over her body.


“.. Hye..”



 

 

 

 


To be continued..

 

 

-Finally! Chapter two is done!! I was in the mood to write too lol.

And, I can't believe Iceprincess_sica95-nim still remember me ㅠㅠ

It's been a while ㅠㅠ

Anyway.. thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy! See you in next chapter ~