Blue Betta

Re:WIND

 

A long ago..


“Poor girl..”


Before all the Re:WIND.


“I’m so sorry for you..”


Before all the sacrifices, sadness, and pain.


“Want me to drive you home?”


Before all those timelines.


“No, it’s fine. I want to walk a bit.”


That one day.

When the rain pouring so hard. Hitting on the ground. With the sky above there looks so dark. Grayish. Lightning’s rumbling, like a flash camera. Catch a picture of that one light brown haired girl who just smile slightly at the black car, which drives away from her. Leaving her standing there, under a black umbrella.

Her black suit a bit wet, but not as wet as her shoes. For a few moment, she just standing there, watching the last car slowly lost from her sight. Before she decided to take the opposite side, walking away from the cemetery where she have to saw her father being buried deep down into the ground. Three days after the car accident which take her mother lives away.

Only three days apart from the accident, and she have to went back to the place. Again.

What a poor girl.

Right. She heard that a lot after the car accident. Being the only one who survived the accident and have to saw her father shot himself in their living room.

She doesn’t know what to feel. There’s no tears. No screams. No sadness. She doesn’t feel anything. She just..

Tired.


“I heard there’s a crazy girl over there”


What a tragic life.


“She’s beautiful, but what she’s doing in the rain??”


“Look at her! Why does she looks so happy?”


She walked out the convenience store. Bought that new sharp shiny things with a few of snacks she have no plan to eat. Her mind clouded, as dark as the weather.


“She’s gorgeous, not gonna lie”


“Did she run away from her marriage? That blue dress is beautiful”


She keeps on walking. Lowered her head. Stare emptily at nothing. Cover her vision with her black umbrella. She just wants to get home as fast as she can now.

She just want to end everything there—


“What a poor girl..”


It stops her steps.

Those words manages to stop her on her track. Freezes, as her eyes widened. Her body became stiff as rock. Her hold on her umbrella start to shaking.


“Oh, look! Someone’s finally get her!”


“Dang.. I was about to offer myself to walk her home.”


“Keep on dreaming!”


Those voices getting clearer in her hearing. Following by a laugh. Slowly pulling her back to reality as she bring her other hand to grip on the umbrella. Trying to stop and hide her shaking hand.

She clenched her jaw. Feeling annoyed, over nothing. Stare angrily at her own hand, as she knows, it won’t stop shaking anytime soon.


“!”


This upset—


“.. ?”


—her.

.
.
.


Eh?


She quickly snapped her head to her side. Towards the direction where the voice that somehow seems like mimicking her coming from. About to send a death glare to whoever it is, since she’s absolutely not in a good mood right now.

But, what she found the next second she turn her head is, that blonde gorgeous girl walking past her. Those round eyes meet her sharp dark eyes. As if in slow motion, she can clearly see how beautiful the girl is. From her little nose, red pair of lips that looks so soft, her long jawline, her cute brows that raised up highly, and those curious eyes that spark in the rain. Very contrast with all the gloomy things around her. The weather and the emptiness Jungeun felt.

And somehow Jungeun found herself being pulled towards the girl. Captivated under her beauty.

The girl looks so.. perfect.

Even with that blonde wet hair, stick onto the skin because of the rain. The same as that beautiful blue dress that absolutely wet by now, kinda dirty too, especially at the edge of it. And when Jungeun’s gaze reach down there. She can’t help but widened her eyes in shock.

The girl is barefoot. And Jungeun absolutely can see there’s a few cuts there. Makes Jungeun immediately look up at the girl. Let their gaze meets for the second time. And actually, Jungeun can feel her breath is being taken away by this girl.

She looks so gorgeous. Jungeun almost believed that angel is existed, and it was this girl, only by the way the girl looks at her.


“.. I-I—“


“Hey, young lady! Do you need anything?”


That snapped Jungeun out of her state. Startling her, as she quickly remove her gaze from the girl and fix it towards the tall guy who absolutely looks unhappy, stare at her.


“I-I.. n-no?”


“Well, good! Now, excuse us!”


The guy state harshly, pulling the girl with him. Leaving Jungeun there, as she caught the sight of how the guy grips tightly on the girl’s wrist. It looks hurt, especially after Jungeun notice that red mark is visible on that girl’s flawless skin. Even though it’s also wet by the rain. And Jungeun also notice how the girl is trembling under the cold. Meanwhile the guy have the umbrella all to him—

Wait.


“H-huh??”


Jungeun turn around in realization. Noticing there’s something off from the guy. Makes her eyes quickly scanned the crowd behind her. Trying to find the guy and that girl. And after a few seconds she manages to caught the glimpse of that blue dress, being pulled into an empty alley.

And only by the sight, Jungeun can feel something drop in her stomach. She have a bad feeling about this. And without she even realizes, her feet quickly stepped forward. Running. Doesn’t care with how many people are complaining and protesting at her, as she accidentally splash the dirt on them. She couldn’t careless, she sense something bad. Folding her umbrella to let herself running even faster. She doesn’t care with how the rain immediately hits her. Wetting her in a second. All the things she care at this very exact moment is that girl.

Only that girl.


‘Bastard!”


And that’s the first thing Jungeun said inside her mind. The time she steps into the empty alley. Manages to caught how that guy shoved the girl onto her knees. Kneeling beside the dump, while he standing in front of her. The umbrella rest on his shoulder, while his hand quickly ed his—

Enough.

Jungeun seen enough. Tightening her grip on her umbrella, she’s rushing towards them. Ready to swing her umbrella towards the guy. Hits the guy’s face perfectly, the next second. Throwing him away from the girl who just blinking her eyes in confusion. Seems like have no idea about what’s happening and what about to happen to her a few moments ago.

The thing that the girl only notice is, how Jungeun is glaring at the guy before glaring at her too. Let her gulp in nervous, found Jungeun’s angry face is so scary right now. Til’ she feel a grip on her wrist. But it’s not that hard as the guy’s grip earlier.


“You come with me!”


The girl just can blink over the words. Doesn’t say anything as she feel herself being pulled off the ground by Jungeun. Then dragged out of the alley by the same girl. Makes her have no choice but to follow, hearing how the guy behind them is winced faintly in pain. Saying those words that soon the girl’s know as.. harsh words.


“What’s wrong with you?!”


The girl blink. Confused.


“If you don’t know him, you should just push him away!”


Another blink.


“That bastard! I should hit him harder before! him!”


And yet, another blink.

Since a while ago, Jungeun keeps nagging non stop, swearing. Carefully treating the girl’s wounding feet. Wrapping the bandage around it, while the girl just stare. Blinking her eyes repeatedly, watching Jungeun in confusion and curious gaze as the latter kneel in front of her, only in her white shirt, and black pants, that also kinda wet. While she’s sitting on one of the convenience store chairs outside. Wrapped into Jungeun’s wet black blazer.

To cover you up, Jungeun said. As the latter notice how the blue dress is sleeveless. And the girl is absolutely trembling. The rain is still pouring, and it’s only getting cold each second as the day also getting late.


“Alright, all done!”


Jungeun state. Makes the girl raised both her brows. Her gaze never leave Jungeun as she see the latter get up from the ground. Tapping on her black pants to get the dirt away, also doing the same to her hands. Clapping it, before it rest on her waist. Stare down at the girl who also staring back at her.


“Tell me your address, I’ll walk you home..”


“Home?”


The girl furrowed her brows, confused by the words. Makes Jungeun blink, raised her brow at the girl’s clueless face.


“Yeah, home! It’s getting late, and it’s dangerous being outside at this hour”


“Dangerous??”


This is frustrating.

If it just not because of how the girl’s frowned cutely, curled her brows that makes Jungeun notice there’s a tiny scar near the brow. Surely, Jungeun will leave the girl here and walk home alone. She won’t even bother herself to ask her blazer back. The girl can have it.

If only it was that easy tho.

Especially after what happened earlier. There’s no way Jungeun can leave the girl alone here without overthinking. Imagine what will happen to this girl if she’s indeed leaving her. Jungeun will feel guilty for the rest of her life. That’s for sure.


“Fine. Hold the umbrella.”


After a long sigh, Jungeun eventually make up her mind. Unfolding the umbrella and hand it to the girl who just stare curiously at that. And only by the sight, Jungeun sure she can’t leave the girl alone here.

This girl is too innocent. Somehow.


“.. I hope they won’t mind..”


Jungeun whisper under her breath. Pull her phone out of her pocket and scrolling down on her contact list. Almost tap on that one certain name if just she’s not suddenly hear a click in her head. Stopping her finger that just an inch away from her screen. She freezes.


‘.. Oh.. right..’


She’s alone now. She’s almost forgot about that.


“..”


There’s no need to worry about bring some stranger home now. Since there’s no ones home. She’s alone. No ones will welcome her, and no ones will nagging her anymore. No ones will criticize her. No one would complain.

Good.


“.. ?”


Jungeun snapped out of her state. Feeling something on her hand, as she flinch by the contact on her skin. Looking down just to see how the girl stare at her, somehow in concern. Til’ Jungeun’s gaze fixed on her free hand. Seeing how the girl grip softly on it. And even with the cold air around them, somehow, Jungeun can feel the warmth slowly creeping through her body, only by the touch. Makes her just stay quiet for a few seconds before that tiny smile curve on her face.


‘.. ..’


Squeeze the girl’s hand softly. Jungeun offer the girl a reassuring smile before she’s turn around. Bring the girl’s hand to her shoulder as she’s bend down in front of her, earn a questioning look from the girl who just stare at the back of Jungeun. Watching how Jungeun tilt her head towards her, smiling.


“Get on my back”


And that’s how the girl found herself pressed close on Jungeun’s back. Encircled her arms around Jungeun’s neck, holding the umbrella on one hand. Making sure the both of them won’t get wet by the rain that still pouring. Even though the day is already dark by now.


“You can shower first, I have prepared the hot water”


Jungeun state, walking outside the bathroom and towards the girl, who still standing on the same exact spot Jungeun was put her down on her feet. With a dry towel on her head. Blinking confusedly, makes Jungeun just stare at her. Rubbing her own haired with her own towel before she sigh. Pushing the girl towards the bathroom.


“Just.. go inside, clean yourself. I make us dinner”


Close the bathroom door in front of the girl’s face, Jungeun just sigh. Shaking her head slowly at how clueless the girl over everything. It was almost like, this is the first time the girl has stepped her feet on Earth.

And little did Jungeun know, that’s the truth.


“!”


Jungeun choked over that. Eyes wide in shock as she was just tasting her cook. Only to caught off guard by that voice, following by the footsteps coming to the kitchen.


“Are you serious..”


Jungeun puts the glass down, right after take a few gulp of water from it. Turning to the kitchen entrance with a glare, waiting for the girl to show up. And to Jungeun surprise the girl show up with her wet blue dress, and wet blonde hair. A few drops of water dripping from the edge of it. Makes Jungeun immediately groan by the sight. Very contrast with how the girl beaming at her, her eyes lit up.


“! Rain!”


And sure, Jungeun feels like she wants to smack the girl’s head right now. If just that face doesn’t makes her heart skip a beat, especially after she see the girl bouncing on her spot, absolutely in excitement. Jungeun only can sigh deeply, facepalmed.


“You gotta be kidding me..”


“! Rainnn!!”


“Stop calling me that! I have a name!”


Jungeun exclaimed in annoyed. Turning off the stove and walk towards the girl who grinning widely, before running away. Leaving Jungeun who quickly widened her eyes in disbelief.


“Walk! Don’t run! You’ll slip yourself!”


In panic, Jungeun hurriedly running out of the kitchen. Trying to catch up with the girl who still running in the hallway, makes Jungeun only can stare at her in fear. Hoping the girl won’t tripped or anything that can hurt herself.


“I TOLD YOU NOT TO—“


“RAIN!”


And the first thing after Jungeun stepped into the bathroom, she found herself standing there. In the doorframe, with both her hands on each sides. Stare at the girl in shock, speechless at how the girl grin innocently at her, while pointing her finger to the.. 

Shower?


“RAIN!”


Said the girl once again. Let the water from the shower hitting her. And only after that, Jungeun finally understand why the girl keeps saying rain while pointing at the shower. It’s because the water that falls from the shower are like rains.


“Oh god..”


Jungeun bring her palm to her face. Shutting her eyes in frustration then rubbing her face in tired. Somehow feeling the fatigue starts to kick in. A few seconds before she feel a grip on her wrist. Startling her, just to found the girl smile at her. Pulling her towards the shower and let them stand under it. Eyes on each other.


“Rain!”


The girl smile widely, jump slightly on her spot, earn a scoffed from Jungeun who just shaking her head in amused. Stare at the girl.


“Geez.. what’s wrong with you..”


Intertwining her fingers on the girl’s fingers. Jungeun just look down at their connect hands. Stare at it, as her gaze slowly turns dark by the sight. The warmth the girl’s gave her through the hand, is bothering her.

Is she that lonely?


“.. ?”


Then a snort coming from Jungeun, only by that. Makes her slowly take her gaze off of their hands. Fixed it back on the girl, only to feel her smile fall off her face. Realizing how the girl stand too close to her. Stare right into her eyes. Somehow in concern.


“?”


Jungeun doesn’t say anything. Her mind suddenly turn blank, staring back into the girl’s eyes. Before her gaze slowly move, landed on that pair of lips. It looks so soft, Jungeun thought. As her mind became clouded, thinking how soft it feels when it met hers—


‘THE ?!’


Jungeun mentally slapped herself. Stepping back in horror and surprise, widening her eyes. Meanwhile the girl still there, unfazed, stare at her totally in confusion.


“I-I ..”


Stutter at her words, Jungeun quickly slapped her forehead for real this time. Startling the girl who suddenly tightening her grip on Jungeun’s hand. Caught Jungeun attention as she slowly lowered her hand off her face. Glancing towards their hand before she glance at the girl. Seeing how the girl slightly glare at her.


‘The.. ?’


Without saying anything, the girl pulled Jungeun close. Caught Jungeun off guard by that, til’ she found herself freezes there. Feeling the girl’s wrapped her arms around her. Leaving Jungeun blinking her eyes in shock. With the water still hitting on them. Slowly flowing down through their bodies.

Jungeun absolutely speechless with this situation. Have no idea of what she should do right now. But after she feel the girl’s tightening her holds on her. Jungeun found herself flinch. Feeling that, the girl somehow desperately holding onto her. As if the girl is also feels so lonely as she is.

Jungeun hate to admit it. But actually she feels so lonely after everything that happened. She was planning to end everything, if just this girl isn’t here with her. Holding her so tightly. Like Jungeun is the most precious and fragile thing in the world. Jungeun doesn’t mind. If anything, she need this.

Slowly move her hands to holds onto the girl. Jungeun desperately bring the girl closer to her, put her face deep on the girl’s crook of neck. She need this. She needs someone to holds her like this. And she hope, this girl doesn’t mind, as Jungeun start to feel calm on her hold. Closing her eyes to let herself enjoy the warmth. And little did Jungeun know, the girl also enjoys how it feels. Closing her eyes slowly, just to open it the next second.

Those circles are glowing in the girl’s eyes. Half blue-half red on the left, then purple on the right.


———


“Jungeun. Kim.. Jungeun.. got it??”


“Kim.. Jungeun.. ?”


The girl’s tilt her head to the side after that. Unsure. But Jungeun immediately nod her head. Assuring the girl. But still, the girl only blinking her eyes. Furrowed her brows and pout. Somehow deep in her thought. While Jungeun just stare, quietly eating her dinner, as the girl somehow struggling to eat hers.

She’s so messy, for Jungeun’s liking.


“You want me to feed you or what?”


Jungeun finally said. Stare in amused towards the girl who somehow looks like a toddler, that just allowed to eat by themselves for the first time. It’s so messy. Jungeun only can sigh, especially after she notice the food not only gets onto her sweater, that she lets the girl borrowed. The food stains also gets on the girl’s face, hair too.


“Here, let me help”


Jungeun immediately grab on the girl’s hand. Right after she feels like she can’t stand the sight for any longer. Decided to walk towards the girl and stand behind her. Jungeun grab on the girl’s hand which holds the chopsticks, and slowly teach the girl to grab her food and brings it to her lips.

It repeats for a few times. Til’ Jungeun feels like the girl learns enough. It’s quite surprising how the girl is so quick tho. Now, eating, less messy than before, while Jungeun sit next to her. Watching the girl, with her head resting on her palm, put her elbow on the table as a support. Her gaze is fully fixed on the girl. Stare at the beautiful messy blonde girl who seems like enjoy her food too much, at the moment.


“Geez.. don’t eat your hair”


Jungeun sigh. Stretched her arm out towards the girl, just to tuck that stray hair behind the girl’s ear. While the girl only munching, glance towards Jungeun who just can blink the time the girl shoved the chopsticks into her direction. The food is there too, but Jungeun choose to just stare. Blinking repeatedly in confusion, before her gaze fixed back on the girl, who slightly lowered her brows. Glaring.


“Eat.”


The girl said. Makes Jungeun gulp in nervous once she notice the voice somehow sounds so cold. Leaving her with no choice but to lean closer. Open and takes the food from the chopsticks, munching slowly. The girl’s face quickly lit up by that. Beaming. Makes Jungeun quietly wonder, why the girl’s looks so happy?

And it was just until Jungeun found the chopsticks shoved towards her direction, time after time.


“I’ll wash the dishes now, watch whatever you want. Press this to change the channel. And this, if you want to lower the volume, while this to gets the volume up. Got it?”


“Got it!”


The girl grin widely. Those sparks never leave her eyes. Makes Jungeun just sigh, but smile in the end. Subconsciously moves her hand to caress the girl’s cheek. And to Jungeun surprise, before she can retreat her hand. The girl’s somehow lean in her touch, closing her eyes, let Jungeun’s thumb circling on her cheek.


“JUNGIE!”


“.. It’s.. Jungeun..”


“JUNGIEE!!”


“Jungeun..”


“JUNGIEEEEE!!!”


The girl whining. Earn a heavy sigh from Jungeun who just done washing the dishes. Turns towards the girl who standing on the entrance, puffing her cheeks. And for a goodness sake, the girl looks like a puffer fish. The cute one.


“Now.. what..”


Jungeun voice trail off, walking towards the girl who start to pout. But Jungeun shrugged it off, knowing the face won’t do good for her heart. And as she walking closer to the girl, she faintly caught the noise from the tv. And as if she notice the tv is playing some kind of romance drama, Jungeun immediately widened her eyes after she realizes why the girl’s suddenly called her by Jungie and not Jungeun.


“Sol.. Jin.. Soul..”


The girl muttered under her breath, eventually caught Jungeun’s attention. Slowly turn towards the girl, Jungeun just stare, watching the girl still muttered under her breath. Loud enough for Jungeun to hear. And the time their gaze met, Jungeun can feel her heart skip a beat.

Like it usual do, when the girl suddenly smile brightly at her. And the fact that Jungeun just met the girl a few hours ago, it’s kinda bothering her.


“.. Ju.. Jung! Jinsol! JUNG JINSOL!”


The way that face lit up. That finger point towards herself. That sweet wide smile. Jungeun sure of one thing..

This girl is surely bad for her heart.


———


When was the last time Jungeun have a good sleep?

She can’t remember. Especially after what happened to her these past few days. But somehow, last night. For the first time in awhile, she finally can sleep peacefully. Without her mind running, overthinking. And she thought, it was probably because this girl who still sleeping on her. Rest her head on Jungeun’s chest. Arms wrapped around, along with their feet entwined together.

Blinking for a few times to let her eyes getting adjust to the light that peeking through the curtain. Jungeun just stay quiet, looking down at that sleeping beautiful blonde haired girl, breath steadily. Makes Jungeun can’t help but curve a tiny smile on her face.

Somehow.. she feel content by the sight of this stranger girl on her. Laying together on her parents bed.

Jungeun remember, she told the girl to sleep in her room while she decided to sleep in her parents room last night. Even with how there’s a weird feeling, immediately creeping inside of her, the time she steps into the room. Jungeun still coming there, sighing heavily as she start to feel her body’s shaking.

And as if know how complicated Jungeun’s feel, the girl quickly rushed to the room. Earn a confused look from Jungeun who just stare, blinking. Til’ the girl hopped onto the bed and wrapped her arms around Jungeun. Caught the latter off guard, but didn’t saying anything. Somehow letting the girl to deepening her face on the crook of her neck. Closing her eyes, and slowly drifted to sleep. Leaving Jungeun there, with her heart thumping so fast.


“I think.. I’ll contact you soon, once I gets any information about it..”


That’s what the officer told Jungeun, once they arrived at the police station. With the girl keeps clinging onto her arm, tightly. Glaring. Right after Jungeun told her, how she have to stay at the police station. Til’ any relatives or anyone who knows her, pick her up. And obviously, the girl doesn’t like the idea as she keeps glaring at Jungeun like telling her ‘don’t you dare!’ through the gaze.

It confused Jungeun for a split of seconds. But later, she just sigh. Bringing her hand to massage her temple, once the headache starts to form there.

Jungeun have to stuck with this girl for awhile. Til’ the officer contact her.


“You really don’t know your address?”


The girl shake her head.


“Do you remember any numbers? Names? Anything?”


Another shakes head.


“..”


“.. ?”


“Don’t say that with your innocent face, please!”


Jungeun facepalmed. Sighing. They just decided to leave the police station earlier. Walking to the spot where Jungeun’s usually sing and play her guitar. And today the walk to there is absolutely different since this girl keeps clinging on Jungeun’s arm. Leaving Jungeun with no choice but to let her. Not that Jungeun complaining tho. It just, she feels weird whenever the girl near her.

This is crazy.


“I’m going over there.. you wait here, okay?”


Jungeun shoved the girl to sit on the bench near her usual spot. Close enough for Jungeun to keep an eye on the girl. In attempt to prevent anything like yesterday to happen. And just by the words, the girl slowly looking up at Jungeun, staring.

The gaze somehow looks complicated. But Jungeun decided to shrugged it off. Squeeze the girl’s hand softly, as to tell the girl that she’ll comeback soon. And as if the girl understand, she returns the warmth Jungeun’s gave her. Along with a sweet smile as she watch Jungeun walking away. Getting on the spot, preparing herself for her street show in the distance.

Seeing how Jungeun slowly pulling her red guitar out of the black bag, the girl only smile. Before her smile disappeared the next second. Only by the way her vision start to glitching. Makes her looking down in panic, stare at her own hands.


‘No..’


Her hand is also glitching. The sight that makes her bite her lower lip in fear. Her eyes start to shining. Those circles start to appear in her eyes. Getting visible as she quickly shut her eyes. Tightly. Bend down as to calm herself down. And before she’s even notice. Everything around her is in black and white out of sudden.


“Jungie..”


A gasp leaves her lips, then the name. Her eyes wide, those circles are glowing, as her gaze fixed on that one certain girl who also in black and white like everything else around her.

Black and white.. except her.


“Sorry to make you wait!”


Jungeun skipped towards her. Smile sheepishly, while the girl only curve a tiny smile on her face. Seeing Jungeun put her guitar bag on her shoulder, while the other arm stretched towards the girl. Waiting for the girl to take her hand.


“Let’s go home..”


Jungeun state, smile softly to the girl who immediately returned it. Take Jungeun’s hand with her as the latter pull her off of the bench. Walking hand in hand with the girl on her side. Talking and joking, while the girl only smile. Before the girl’s gaze fixed on their join hands. Squeeze it lightly the time she feel the circles twinkling in her eyes. The same time as Jungeun asked her opinion about the latter short street show.


“You’re amazing!”


The girl state. Grin widely, beaming. Makes Jungeun immediately mirror her expression. And yet, little did Jungeun know, the girl never watch her performance that day.

The time was running faster than normal, without anyone notice.

Except for that girl. Of course.


“JUNGEUN!”


For awhile, the girl keep accompanied Jungeun on her daily street show. Living and being close to Jungeun for weeks.

From all of these ordinary days, today was a little bit different. Since the girl found there’s a stranger girl rushing towards Jungeun who immediately turn towards where the voice coming from. Right after Jungeun put her guitar back into its bag.

Only by the sight of the unfamiliar girl, Jinsol immediately got up from the bench. Glaring towards the stranger girl that walk even closer to Jungeun. And before those circles glowing in her eyes..


“HASEUL?!”


That voice stop her. Makes Jinsol’s brows twitch, stare at how Jungeun’s face beaming. Gaze fixed on that unfamiliar girl. And when Jinsol saw the stranger girl wrapped her arms around Jungeun, she can feel there’s something stabs in her chest. Makes her quickly widened her eyes. Grab on the shirt and looking down. Blinking in confusion.

Jinsol feels pain in her chest.


“Jinsol?”


But she have no idea what does that pain means.


“This is my childhood friend, Haseul! Jo Haseul!”


Jinsol blink, divert her gaze from Jungeun to that stranger girl who smile motherly at her. Makes Jinsol only stare, her hand still grip on her shirt. But once the pain became less painful, she returned that smile. Immediately notice something is strange from Haseul.


‘The Phoenix..’


“Jung Jinsol..”


And yet she shrugged it off. Watching how Jungeun and the stranger girl, Haseul are talking, joking. And as if Jungeun doesn’t want to makes Jinsol feel left out. She quietly searching for Jinsol’s hand. Intertwining their hands that makes Jinsol can’t help but stare. Curve a tiny smile on her face, before she secretly glance at Jungeun. Noticing how Jungeun curve a tiny smile on her face too. Even though her gaze fixed on Haseul. But Jinsol knows, Jungeun’s attention is mostly on her, as she feel Jungeun squeeze her hand. Softly.


“Come on! I pay you!”


“You know I don’t sing for money”


“But still!”


“No, Haseul”


Jinsol only watch. Quietly slurp on her iced coffee while the two arguing.

After Jungeun done with her street show, Haseul asked her to hangout on her own coffee shop, The Carol. Wanting to catch up with each other. Which Jungeun immediately agree. Right after she spare a glance to Jinsol tho, as if was asking for Jinsol’s permission. And Jinsol just nod, makes Jungeun beaming. Get into Haseul’s car, as the latter asked Jungeun where’s her car. But Jungeun just shrugged, saying that she’s lazy to bring her car, and since her usual spot is near her house. She simply decided to walk, which earns an ‘I see’ from Haseul. Failed to notice how Jinsol who sits on the backseat furrowed her brows, glancing towards Jungeun.


“How’s the coffee?”


Then it caught Jinsol’s attention, makes her takes her gaze off the two. Turning towards that cute bright girl behind the counter, who is smiling towards her.


“It’s good..”


Jinsol answer, smile kindly towards the girl who’s giggling. Lean closer to Jinsol as she put her chin on her palm. Stare at Jinsol in admiration, and lovely gaze.


“You’re so pretty! By the way, I’m Jiwoo, Kim Jiwoo!”


“Jung Jinsol! Nice to meet you Jiwoo! You’re cute..”


Jinsol smile again, while Jiwoo squealing. Claps her cheeks, and shut her eyes over the compliment.


“Gosh! A pretty girl just call me cute! I might die!”


Jinsol just laugh at Jiwoo’s random words. Somehow enjoying how the latter turns red over the compliment, fanning herself exaggeratedly. The sight makes Jinsol smile in amused tho, knowing how Jiwoo just being dramatic behind the counter. Til’ an arm slipped on Jinsol’s shoulder.

Resting on her collarbone, Jinsol immediately looking up to see the owner of the arm. While Jiwoo gasp, a second before that teasing smile appears on her face.


“Ahh, I see..”


Smirking over the sight, Jiwoo wiggles her brows over Jinsol that immediately press her lips together. Trying to not smile too wide once she notice it was Jungeun’s arm around her. Makes her quickly lowered her head, blushing. Especially after she feel Jungeun’s squeeze her shoulder lightly, while still talking to Haseul.

Laughing, not realizing how Jinsol absolutely turns into a blushing mess. With Jiwoo smirking widely, immediately earn a glare from Jinsol tho. But it doesn’t affect Jiwoo as she still wiggle her brows over Jinsol, smiling teasingly. Absolutely enjoyed the sight.

And as the time passes, the four of them, Jungeun, Jinsol, Haseul and Jiwoo quickly became close. Feeling comfortable around each other, with Jiwoo often teasing Jinsol. Along with Jungeun too, especially when Haseul is also there, whenever she’s free from her duty. And soon, Jinsol learns that Haseul is a doctor, owns The Carol that manages by Jiwoo. The girl that she met back when she’s still a medical student in London.

It’s almost like a fate, if they want to call it like that. But actually, Jinsol know better. Like Haseul, the latter might not realize it yet, but Jinsol knows how there’s a hidden strength that lay inside her.

The Phoenix that waits to be awakened.

And then, Jiwoo. If just Jinsol was realize it a second bit later, Jiwoo might notice who she’s actually is, the time the three walk into The Carol. And since Jinsol know who Jiwoo actually is, she quickly use her own power on the latter. Turns Jiwoo’s mind blank the time their gaze meet each other. Also, everytime Jiwoo seems like notice that strange yet strong aura coming from her, Jinsol will use her power immediately. Knowing that Jiwoo is from Eden. The descendants of Cupid. The one that almost being the next Ophanim. If just she didn’t escape from Eden.

Jiwoo absolutely isn’t an ordinary girl. Jinsol knows that. Even though she also notice how there’s a missing piece from Jiwoo. The thing that Jiwoo’s supposed to symbolizes as is.

The Love.

Jiwoo doesn’t have it anymore.

And as if the time to answer Jinsol’s curiosity about Jiwoo’s symbol, has come. That day, when there’s only Jiwoo and Jinsol at The Carol. With Jiwoo standing by the counter, and Jinsol on the mini stage, singing, with a blue guitar that have a wave pattern on it. The guitar that Jungeun bought for her, after she noticed Jinsol seems like interested in music. Later, there’s a brown haired girl approaching Jinsol. Offering her a business card, right after she walking down from the mini stage.

Immediately notice that slight shift on the air. Jinsol secretly glance at Jiwoo, just to found the latter is there. Freezes in disbelief, shock, fear and then, Jinsol also notice there’s another emotion Jiwoo showed. The opposite of the symbol.

The Hate.


“I think you should accept it..”


But despite of that strong emotion, Jiwoo still manages to control herself. Even Jinsol didn’t find any glare that send towards the brown haired girl earlier. The brown haired girl that Jinsol soon know named Wong Kahei, or Vivi as the latter preferred to be called by.


“.. I think.. I’ll ask Jungeun first”


Jinsol eventually said, earn a raised brow from Jiwoo, before that smirk appears on her face. The smirk that Jinsol found absolutely familiar by now, as it often shows on Jiwoo’s face. And everytime that smirk is there, Jinsol only sigh. Knowing where their conversation will going.


“Well, talk about Jungeun.. and since she and Haseul aren’t here. Do you mind a few questions?”


Jiwoo smile teasingly, earn another sigh from Jinsol who just leaning back on her seat. Shutting her eyes, knowing it’ll gonna be a long night for her.

And the fact that Haseul and Jungeun aren’t here to pick Haseul’s younger sister up, and bring her to live with the latter. Right after the siblings grandma passed away a weeks ago. Jinsol only sigh again, knowing it was the earliest sign The Phoenix in Haseul’s body will awakened.

But still, there’s a long way to go.


“Sure, you should accept it”


“.. you think so?”


Jinsol sounds unsure, glance to Jungeun who’s busy eating her breakfast. Nodding her head to respond Jinsol’s question. And just by that, Jinsol seems deep in her thought. The conversation between her and Jiwoo from last night start to playing in her mind.


“Actually, I quite wonder what you and Jungeun are? I mean, you two been living together for a year now. And the way you act towards each other, is just different Jinsol. And.. I know this isn’t my place to meddling, I just wondering, and I care for you. Since I absolutely notice you have feeling for her..”


Jiwoo’s voice, and words come across Jinsol’s mind. Ringing, as Jinsol subconsciously eating her breakfast. Failed to notice how Jungeun stare at her, frowned visible on her face.


“Sol?”


“Just tell her, Jinsol. Before it’s too late. You needs to try. Before you regret it.”


“Jinsol?”


“Jungeun is a good person. There’s no need to worry”


“Jungeun..”


“Just tell her..”


“There’s something I want to tell you..”


“She’ll understand..”

.

.

.

.. Jinsol doesn’t think so.


“.. h-huh?”


Especially after she saw Jungeun divert her gaze from her. Stare at nothing while Jinsol staring straight at her. Right after she tell Jungeun what she’s actually feel. But what Jungeun gave her is..


“.. I need to think it through..”


That.


———


“You know, you need to talk to her..”


Jinsol’s freezes on her seat. Right after the stylist done putting a make up on her, leaving her only with Vivi there. In the empty waiting room.


“Avoiding her for a month is enough, Jinsol. Don’t push her away, you know she’s been trying to talk to you since—“


“I told you not to call me with that name!”


Jinsol suddenly lashed out. Startling Vivi on her spot. Gulping in nervous the time Jinsol turns towards her, glaring.


“Jinsoul.. it’s Jinsoul..”


With those circles are visible there.


“Sol.. Jin.. Soul..”


The memory is playing in Jinsoul’s head, while she is sitting there. At the edge of her bed. Staring down at those scattered glass from the broken mirror in her room. It just got hit by her poor phone, that also laying helplessly on the floor not far from her.


“.. Ju.. Jung! Jinsol! JUNG JINSOL!”


The images are getting clearer. And Jinsoul can’t help but clenched her jaw. Bring her hand to grab on her head. Pulling her blonde hair harshly, in hope to get rid of those memories that still playing like a broken record.

But if anything, it just gets even clearer. Showing her those earlier memories before she said the name. The name that quickly came into her mind the time she landed her eyes on the small photo, framed, and placed beside the tv on Jungeun’s house. That one family picture with Jungeun in the middle of her parents. Smile brightly towards the camera.

And only by seeing the photo, Jinsoul manages to see Jungeun’s past. Knowing what happened to the family, and even she manages to know Jungeun’s parents name before the latter even tell her. The names that inspire Jinsoul to named herself as Jung Jinsol.

She didn’t have a name, back then. And she thought it was a good name. Til’ she start to hate it.

And it was.. til’ it happen.


“JINSOUL!”


Out of sudden, out of nowhere. Vivi suddenly showed up in her apartment. Panting hardly, in the middle of the day. Confuse Jinsoul who just stare at the girl, quite wondering what Vivi is doing here, since she’s absolutely know she’s free today. There’s no schedule for her—


“Jungeun got into an accident!”


Then, something drop into her stomach. Only by the news, leaves Jinsoul freezes on her spot. Eyes wide. She start to feel nothing, only emptiness, and coldness running through her body.


“Jin—“


“GET OUT!”


Jinsoul exclaimed, startling Vivi and the girl who standing a few steps behind Jinsoul. And once Vivi notice who the girl is, Vivi can’t help but stare at Jinsoul in disbelief. The sight that somehow brings more pain to Jinsoul at the moment.


“Jinsoul, you..”


Then, Jinsoul shut her eyes. Feeling the heat start to form at the back of it as she bring her palm to cover her face. Lowered her head and walk into her apartment.


“Jinsoul—“


She ignored the girl, walking past her. Even though she absolutely notice how the girl is immediately following her. And for a goodness sake, Jinsoul just want to be alone right now. So she shut her door in front of the girl. Locked it and walk towards her bed. And before she can reach it, she found her knees turns weak. Makes herself immediately falling. Helplessly, curling down on the floor. Tears are streaming all over her face. As she cover . Trying to not let the voice out.

What she have done..


“Jinsol?”


She can’t let that happen. She can’t lose Jungeun. She can’t lose her.

So Jinsoul turn back the time. Rewinding. Decided to come to Jungeun before the incident happened.

But, little did Jinsoul know.. no one can change the fate. Even though she can rewind the time, what supposed to happen will happen. And if she tried to prevent it from happening. It will only getting worse. Jungeun would still gets into an accident.

Jungeun supposed to leave her. But she can’t let that happen. Even after she saw Jungeun got hit hardly by the car. Right before her eyes. Jinsoul can’t lose her.

Jinsoul can’t lose Jungeun.


“What are you doing?”


Standing right beside Jungeun’s cold body. Jinsoul just stay quiet, stare emptily at the body. As she ignored the presence of that one certain cute girl in the room. Stare at her in disbelief and shock.

If rewinding the time can’t make Jungeun stay beside her.

Then there’s only one way.


“Jinsoul.. you..”


Jiwoo steps forward, only to found herself stopping in her track the next second. Right after Jinsoul glance at her. Slowly turns towards her, just to let Jiwoo’s breath hitched by the sight that serves right before her eyes.

Those circles, are glowing in both Jinsoul’s eyes. It’s flickering.


“Jinsoul..”


The sight is frightening for Jiwoo, but she can’t just standing there. Especially after she knows what Jinsoul is about to do.


“This isn’t right..”


Jinsoul is about to bring Jungeun back, from the death.


“Jinsol? .. Jiwoo??”


And she did it. Even though she have to lose half of her power. Share it with Jungeun so she can be with the latter for a little longer.

It’s selfish, Jinsoul knows that.

Especially since she knows what about to happen after she give Jungeun her power. Giving Jungeun one of her circle that now glowing in Jungeun’s left eye. That red circle, while Jinsoul’s left eye is..


“What happened to you—”


Blue circle is glowing there. Then, the purple on the right eye. As Jinsoul is leaning on the wall, panting hardly. A small medical knife on her right hand, then a long cut on her left arm. Red liquid flowing from there, dripping to the floor. Makes Jungeun who immediately notice that widening her eyes in shock, and worried. But to Jungeun’s surprise, Jinsoul just smile. Softly.


“Welcome back..”


Jinsoul knows she shouldn’t do this. And yet she can’t help it.

She can’t imagine living without Jungeun.


“Who’s this?”


“Choi Yerim..”


Jinsoul will risk it all. If it means she can have Jungeun in her arms again. She doesn’t care. She will do anything.


“Our daughter..”


Even though she’ll be the reason the world will ending. She doesn’t care about that.

She just wants Jungeun, on her side.

Is it too much for her to ask?


———


“I’m off now! Yeojin is here!”


“Alright! Careful on your way, sweetie!”


“Of course! Love you moms!”


That, ball of sunshine, smile brightly. Forming a love sign with her arms above her head, earn an amused look from Jungeun while Jinsoul just smile at the sight. Before that purple haired girl lost behind the door. Leaving only Jungeun and Jinsoul in the house, as Jinsoul walking towards Jungeun who just sitting there. On the dining table, with coffee in front of her, and phone on her hand.

Lean herself on the table, Jinsoul can see how Jungeun immediately look up at her. Raised a brow, especially after the latter feel Jinsoul running her fingers through her now blonde haired. Which mysteriously changed after she woke up on that iron cold bed.

The day Jinsoul resurrected her. But Jungeun doesn’t have to know that.


“What?”


Put her phone down, Jungeun decided to give Jinsoul her fully attention. Makes the latter only smile at that. Before she leaned down, capturing Jungeun’s lips with hers.


“I love you..”


Jinsoul state. Pulled back from Jungeun just to stare into those eyes that stare back at hers.


“.. me too..”


And yet, all Jinsoul feel is pain.


———


“Jinsoul..”


Her hand on her head. Grabbed onto her blonde hair. Once again, she ended up in that waiting room. Only with her and Vivi there. Alone.


“You shouldn’t do this..”


She heard enough of this. From Jiwoo, Vivi even Haseul too. They’ve been told her that this is wrong. That she shouldn’t do this. This isn’t right. Yeah.. Jinsoul knows that. But can they blame her tho?

It’s been half a year after she resurrected Jungeun. Give the latter her red circle. Then, created Yerim, as the purple circle. So the world will still in balance, with those circles existing. Even though it also about time, the universe notice there something’s off.

And then, Eden will judge her.


“What an Odd Eye doing here?”


So maybe.. there’s still a way.


“Let’s make a deal..”


So she decided to meet that one certain descendants of Lucifer.


———


The Blue Circle, the places. The Red Circle, the time. When The Blue and The Red come together, The Purple exist. The Purple Circle, the dimension.


The Circles exist, before The Disaster.


———


“KAHEI?!”


Is this the right way?

Jinsoul wonder. Seeing that one certain girl cover in red right before her eyes.

It looks.. terrifying.


“VIVI!”


Is this okay?

Jinsoul questioning. Noticing how the other blonde immediately rush to the body, right after Haseul. While Jiwoo gasp behind her. Spreading her arms wide to prevent Yerim and Yeojin from entering the room.


“! ! !”


Is this worth it?

Seeing how horror is visible on Jungeun’s eyes. Then shock, disbelief, and fear written all over Haseul’s face. Reaching for the cold body with her shaking hands. Only to let the reality hits her the next second.


“KAHEI WAKE UP!”


Jinsoul only stare. Feeling nothing. Before she divert her gaze to the side, seeing that messy bookshelves that full with huge scratches marks. Tearing apart a few books there. Til’ Jinsoul caught the sight of that one certain book. That one old book. And yet.

Jinsoul doesn’t want to think about it.


———


“Jinsol..”


Everything start to feel like a mess. An absolute mess. Did she just ruin this life?

She doesn’t want to know.

It was just a simple wish. She just want Jungeun to stay. So why it suddenly turns into a nightmare.


“Hey sweetie, do you need a—“


“Can you stop?”


She just wish for that one simple thing.

Even though, she knows what about to happen next. There’ll be more soul being taken away. There’ll be more suffering, pain and tears.

She knows she should be kept in a tank. Alone, like a betta fish. Since she’s a Blue Betta. It’s her nature. And yet, here she is. On Earth. Being surrounded by those kind people.

But she betrayed them. She cursed them. The time she arrives on earth and met Jungeun on that one rainy day. Being new to all of the things since she’s always surrounded by nothing, only darkness.


“First.. I can’t lose Jungeun..”


It was natural to be selfish, for her. This is wrong. But can anyone blame her tho?

She’s alone. She’s lonely. For years. For how many years already. She only remembered how the first God send her out of Heaven, Eden. Created that one certain place for her to live. For being alone. With no one there for her. In the deepest part of The Void.

The Ocean.


“And now..”


The place that the old book said as her birthplace. It’s not. She just too powerful to handle, even for the first God itself. So God get her out of Eden. Send her there, alone.

She know what about to happen if she ever leave The Void. The prophecy in that old book, will come true.

But again, can anyone blame her tho?


“I can’t lose you too Yerim..”


She’s just lonely.


———


“JIWOO!”


One by one. Jinsoul have to see people that she deeply love being covered by red. One by one.


“JIWOO, PLEASE! JIWOO!! STAY WITH ME!”


This time, it’s that bubbly cute girl. Being stiff and cold on that girl’s hold. Red rose blooming in the middle of the chest. While that one certain girl holds onto the body. That one certain girl that should be symbolize as Faith. And yet, she makes those around her Distrusted her.


“YOU BASTARD!”


Sooyoung look up. Glare at Haseul who flinch on her spot. Seeing that burgundy eyes stare right into hers. The sight that caught everyone around them off guard. Especially after Sooyoung let go of Jiwoo and rushed towards Haseul. Grab tightly on the latter collar shirt.


“THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!”


Sooyoung shout. About to hit Haseul with her raised fist. But Hyunjin, and Jungeun immediately stopped her. Holds onto her. Try to overpower Sooyoung’s strength, as the latter trying to break free from their holds.


“JIWOO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU! TO PROTECT SOMEONE USELESS LIKE YOU!”


Haseul lowered her head. Her body start to shaking. Definitely know Jiwoo was being stabbed by Hyejoo, is all because of her. To protect her. She’s useless, just like what Sooyoung said.


“BRING HASEUL AWAY—“


“YOU CAN’T EVEN PROTECT KAHEI!”


And it was at that time, Haseul had enough. Dashing towards Sooyoung and hit the latter on the cheek. Stumbled towards the floor with her on top of Sooyoung. Hitting the latter hardly under her.


“HASEUL STOP!”


Yeojin steps in. Trying to holds onto her older sister, but not to avail. As Haseul push her away. Now being holds by Heejin as to prevent the younger to steps in again. Knowing the sight of how Haseul and Sooyoung right now is a heart wrenching. Hit after hit. Punch after punch. While Jungeun and Hyunjin trying to holds onto them. Separating them.

Even now, Yerim have to step in. While Gowon being the one who holds onto Jiwoo’s body. And then, there’s Jinsoul, only watching them from the side. Her hand shaking. Seeing Haseul’s eyes start to flickering to green. While Sooyoung’s eyes glow brighter.

What she have done?


———


“Jinsoul..”


It’s all a mess around her. But she’s still standing there, red cover a few parts of her body. But her gaze fixed on that one girl who holds by the other girl.

Jinsoul can see that black feather half mask slowly vanished into a black smokes. Along with those six black wings on Sooyoung’s back. While Haseul’s fire wings getting smaller, flickering behind her.


“Don’t blame yourself..”


That once red rose on Sooyoung’s hand slowly turns black. Slowly. Til’ it fall apart. Landed helplessly on the small puddle of red beneath her.

Jinsoul know what happened, she watched how those two are fighting over each other. Right when Sooyoung suddenly showed up after a few months of missing. The same time as Hyejoo is also show up for the second time. But instead of to ruin everything again, this time Hyejoo is on their side. Fighting against Adam, and the underworld army. Fight against Lucifer, even Satan.

Just like what Jinsoul definitely know will happen.

And yet, she can’t do anything to stop any of these from happening. Seeing Haseul have to kill Sooyoung, as the latter asked her to. Before the sin take over her again, Sooyoung said one last time. With that sweet smile, muttered a small empty thank you the time Haseul shoved her hand into Sooyoung’s chest. Grip on the heart and crushed it the next second. With tears streaming all over her face. Repeatedly saying sorry to Sooyoung who just smile, lean onto Haseul’s shoulder for one last time. Sending the warmth for one last time before everything turns so cold around them.

Jinsoul know this will happen. And yet, she can’t do anything about it. Only watch.


“Kahei, I, and Jiwoo understand.”


It just a simple wish. Why it cost her so much? Why she have to see all of this? Why this is have to happen? It just a simple wish. So why?

Why it hurts so much?


“If we were you, we definitely do the same..”


And why those people still being so kind to her. Why they still standing beside her even after they know what she’ve done? Even though they know she’s just a selfish existence that shouldn’t be existed in the first place.

Why?


“It’s okay..”


What Jinsoul have done..


———


“HYUNJIN!”


What she have done..


“HYEJOO! WAKE UP!”


This is not what she wants.


“HYUNJIN! PLEASE, HYUNJIN!”


It was just a simple wish. She just wants Jungeun to be besides her. But why it cost her so much? Why it cost everyone around her so much?


“HYEJOO! STAY WITH ME!”


She knows this will happen. But why it still hurts her so bad?


“Live..”


She knows it will lead her to this. But why? Why that faint voice hurt her? Why that smile that never dimmed even the slightest manages to leave a cut in her heart? Why that vivid pink eyes, flickering before her? Makes her hard to breath?

Why this feels so painful?


“GOD WHY?!”


One by one, she lost those people around her. Slowly but surely, one by one.


“DONE WITH ALL! I DON’T CARE!”


She screams, whining, howling. Curling down hopelessly on the sand. That blue full moon shining ahead of her. The cold breeze blows onto her, while she’s screaming there. On the beach, grabbing tightly on her blonde hair.


“PLEASE GIVE IT BACK!”


The burning tears overflowing from her eyes. Her jaw clenched.


“STOP THIS ALREADY!”


She was bleeding with greed. Her selfishness broke her. Doing time for crime. Believing into an empty miracle, that breaking into plenty pieces.


“Jinsol..”


She just want to end this. But The End is fading away from her.


“I’m sorry Yerim.. Yeojin..”


“JINSOL NO!”


She couldn't hold it in any longer.

The guilt, the pain of sacrifices. She can’t bear to watch anyone die before her eyes anymore. So she send Yerim and Yeojin to nowhere. Can’t bear to let them witness their cruel fate unfolding with these innocent, pure eyes.


“Jinsol?”


She knows is about time.


“Where’s Yeojin and Yerim?”


She knows she’s running out of time.


“Jungeun..”


She maybe can’t change anything for now, but at least she’ll makes sure she never comeback to this place again. To this world. She and her unwanted selfish existence.


“Jinsol.. what are you doing?”


The knife shining under the moonlight. Her hand is shaking, but she raised the knife unhesitatingly. Move it close to Jungeun’s left eye, as she sits on top of the latter.

The heat form on the back of her eyes. And with her shaky voice, she state..


“I’m sorry..”


Plant the sharp edge of the knife into the skin. She slit it, creating a straight line that going down from the temple to the cheek. Repeatedly says that she’s sorry, ignoring how those grips tightening on her arms. Her eyes blurry staring down, tears fall so freely down there.

Knowing Jungeun doesn’t even plan to stop her.


“Why you say sorry..”


She bite her lower lip. Try to deal with the pain rapidly building inside of her.

The blonde haired slowly turns back to it’s original color. That light brown hair, Jinsoul still remember. Red is covering Jungeun’s left side of the face. But that smile never faded.


“Why you..”


The circles are flickering in both of her eyes. The red circle slowly appears on her left eye again, after a long time. And the sight only makes Jungeun smile widened. But Jinsoul hate it.

She hates how Jungeun didn’t push her away. She hates how Jungeun just stay there. Let her hurt her. Let her takes the red circle back. She hate it.

But it’s okay.


“I love you, Jungeun. Just so you know..”


For one last time she smile. Leaning closer to capturing Jungeun’s lips with hers. Let her tears landed on Jungeun’s bleeding cheek. While she engraving the taste of Jungeun on the back of her mind. 

Everything about Jungeun.


“Goodbye..”


With that one last smile. She said. Smile brightly towards Jungeun who eventually realizes what she’s about to do, the time her body starts to glitching. Those circles are flickering.


“D-don’t”


It’s too late.

The darkness welcome her. The emptiness welcomes her one more time.

It’s been awhile, but Jinsoul feel like it just happened yesterday. It feels like, it was just yesterday that she manages to get out of this place. Found herself arrived on Earth. Meeting these kind people, fight alongside with them. Even though she’s the one who caused those so much problem. And yet, here she’s again, in the deepest part of The Void.

The Ocean.

The place where she belongs to. The place where she supposed to be.


“It’s okay..”


She stare at her palm. Covering by red that she’s absolutely know who its belong to. Let her fingers runs on it, smiling bitterly as it was the last thing that remains on her from Jungeun.


“In the end.. it'll be fine”


She form a blade from the red liquid. Hardened it, and raised it high. With its sharp edge touching her chest. And it was at the time she notice she’s wearing that blue dress again. Makes her smile sadly at the sight. Gritted her teeth to hold those tears from escaping again.

Her hands is shaking, but she grips tightly on the blade.


“I’m sorry..”


Those images rushing into her head. Spinning, playing like a broken record as she shut her eyes. Hardened her jaw, the pain is getting clearer inside of her. Spreading all over her body.

It’s so painful.


“Singing in The Rain? Love Letter?”


She nods, grin widely. While Jungeun just glance at her, scoffed before her gaze back to those paper on her hand. The songs that Jinsoul writes by herself.


“I like Puzzle more!”


Then it coming from Yerim, makes Jungeun and Jinsoul looking down at their lap. Found the younger lay on Jinsoul’s lap and her feet on Jungeun’s.


“What about my songs? Eclipse? Twilight?”


“Still prefer Puzzle..”


Yerim smirk over her own words. Wiggles her brows at Jungeun who just can rolled her eyes, while Jinsoul just laugh. Watching how Jungeun lean closer to messing with Yerim’s purple hair. While the latter try to shoo those hands away, hiding her face on Jinsoul’s belly.


“You lucky you’re my daughter!”


Jungeun eventually state. Point at Yerim who just stick her tongue out. Hiding behind Jinsoul who again just laugh. Feeling Yerim snuggle onto her blonde hair. And just by that, Jinsoul can feel the warmth wrapped around her heart. Getting warmer especially after Jungeun moves closer to her. Wrapped her arms around. Trapped Jinsoul between herself and Yerim who smile widely.


“Love you moms!”


Yerim state, earn a slight laugh from Jinsoul again, as she can feel Yerim deepening her face on her shoulder.


“Love you too Yerim..”


Jinsoul said, tilting her head towards Yerim. Leave a soft kiss on Yerim’s purple hair, before she turn forward. Stare right into those eyes, with a sweet smile on her face.


“I love you..”


She state quietly. Getting a tiny smile from Jungeun who immediately leaned closer. Kiss Yerim’s head first before her lips landed on Jinsoul’s forehead. Leaving a long kiss there, before pulling away.


“Me too..”


Jungeun smile softly. But somehow it didn’t reach her eyes and little did Jungeun know. The warmth Jinsoul once felt, now disappeared.


‘The words you couldn’t say..’


Replacing by that sharp pain.


‘I wish you can say the words to me. But.. oh well..’


Jinsoul opening her eyes. Let those circles glowing brighter, stare at how her hands grips on the blade up there. And with a bitter smile, she closes her eyes again. Let that single tears escape and rolling down on her cheek.


“Maybe in another lifetime..”


Then she pulled the blade towards herself. Pierced through her body. Colored her blue dress with red, as her blonde haired start to turn to deep blue. With her body start to stiffened there. Freezing, turn like a statue. In the middle of nothing around her.

Once again. She’s alone.


“Re:WIND!”


The voice can be heard faintly. Coming from that girl with glowing green eyes, and those fire of wings flickering behind her.


“Re:WIND!!”


Then from that one girl who hovering in the atmosphere. Her haired start to changed from blonde to blueish green color. Alongside with her eyes. Then..


“RE:WIND!!!”


Those circles glowing bright. That half blue-half red circle on the left eye, and purple circle on the right eye. That fresh wound still bleeding on the side of her face, but she doesn’t care. She can’t let it end like this.

Jinsoul isn’t the only one who’s selfish here.

They’re all selfish. They wish the same thing. A simple wish. All of them. Together. Not three, not six, not eleven. All of them.

They will makes sure the wish come true. Even though they should rewinding the time, cast the spell many times. Find a way to save their loved ones. One by one. They didn’t care if they need to get their hand dirty. Gets their hands cover by red. Tricking the universe, tricking Eden. They don’t care.

What matters the most to them is how at the end of the day they’ll ended up together. Without any sacrifices. Cause they sick of it. Sick to feel the pain of sacrifices. They just wish for one thing. The twelve of them.

With a happy ending.


———


“.. what’s happening, mama?”


Chaewon state, turns towards Gowon. Just to see horror visible on the latter face. Staring at the red circle in the sky.

The Ring of Fire Solar Eclipse.


———


“It’s about time..”


Hyejoo turns to the girl beside her. Found her other self is standing there, crossing her arms on her chest. Lift the side of her lips with those silver eyes are glowing in the dark.


“One memory can change everything.”


That magically light under their feet shines brighter. Expanding, the time Hyejoo see her other self is glitching, slowly turn around. Stare at that black tall tower behind them. Let their gaze fixed at the top, found that one figure with the crimson blade pierced through the body.

The skin looks so pale. The deep blue haired cover the face. Hardened red liquid all over the blue dress. Which somehow still looks beautiful even in Hyejoo’s eyes.


“We might wake The Queen up..”


From the edge of her eyes, Hyejoo can see her other self glitch even more. Then, she caught those strands of purple hair in her vision. Makes her turns to the girl. Witnessing how it’s not her face she’s seeing right now, instead it’s the face of a girl Hyejoo manages to remember. The face from one of those people that were sending her here. 


“But we have The Crown on our side”


Hyejoo recognize the face. Especially after she caught the sight of that purple circle on the right eye. Seeing how the girl now glance at her, smile smugly. With the circle expanding in her right eye. Taking over her iris, fully.


“Are you ready to fight together with us again, princess’s knight?”


Those words coming from the girl’s lips. While Hyejoo just stare. Failed to notice how the figure on top of the tower, slightly..


Move her hand.


———


“Just kill her”


Jungeun walking into the bar. It’s so noisy to her liking, but she’s still bring herself inside. Glancing around with one eye, while her left eye is covering by the bandage. Searching for that one certain girl. The one who absolutely responsible to the fresh wound at the back of the bandage.

That straight line that coming from her temple to her cheek.


“It’ll trigger this timeline..”


Even though she now know, it’s not one hundred percent the girl’s fault. She supposed to have that scar on her left side of the face.

No matter which timeline it is.


“The timeline deviation will gone. And..”


Just like the other her and those memories have told her.


“The real fight will start from there..”


Jungeun found the girl on the counter. Drinking, back facing her. But it’s enough for Jungeun to recognize the girl. The one who dare enough to mess with her life and bothering Jinsoul in this timeline.

And just by thinking about Jinsoul, Jungeun found her brows twitch. Noticing how the red circle in her left eye starts to appear behind the bandage. While her free hand that’s not grip on her guitar bag straps, hanging loosely on her side. A few seconds before there’s a gun flying in such a high speed towards her. Landed on her palm as she immediately grips on it. Unhesitatingly raised it towards the back of the girl’s head that makes Jungeun immediately earn a gasp from the old man behind the counter.

But before the old man have the time to properly react. Jungeun pull the trigger. Shot the girl. As she also see herself glitching in her vision. The back of her which still in blonde haired, in another timeline.


“J-Jungeun?”


She watching the girl’s hopeless body hit the counter hardly, til’ it fall off of the chair. Laying helplessly on the floor with red puddle start to form around the head. Before she decided to turns towards the voice’s direction. Let the bandage fall off of her face in the process, somehow showing those two the cut on her face. Along with that red circle, glowing there.

Starts to expanding.


“.. Jungeun?”


The red fully takes her left iris. She can feel it. As her vision starts to glitching again, but this time it glitch to her another self, the one who’s sitting on that one single couch. With an hourglass on the coffee table on the side.

Glance slightly towards the two, Jungeun slowly raised her gun towards their direction. Take a notice of how the two somehow feel threatened by her motion. But nothing bad will happen.


“Re:WIND..”


Cause the bullet isn’t for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 


To be continued..

 

 

 

 

 

-STREAM NOT FRIENDS YO! IT'S LIT! 🔥 

The mv somehow makes me want to write something like A Thing To Fight again, but Loona version. But.. Idk ㅠㅠ

Btw, see you in next chapter! (^O^)/