Part 3

Double Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day started good.

Joohyun´s first class was English Literature wich was teached by Kim Taeyeon. The woman was her favourite teacher. And no... not only because she was extremely beautiful, but because she was always making sure her students enjoyed what they were learning.

Despite not needing the extra encouragement, since she always liked reading all types of book and writing her own pieces, having the attention and words of encouragement was always appreciated.

Joohyun always had a hard time expressing herself to others. She could make arguments and hold a polite conversation when necessary, but letting people know how she was feeling or who she really was like, was something completely diferent. She felt like writing could helped her with that and this is how she choose to spend most of her time with.

Her sister and Seulgi used to be the only ones in which she could confide it in and now much to her desmay, instead of the cute and clumsy bear like girl, she had Kim Yerim.

Thinking about Seulgi brought all kind of memories. Some of these she was still afraid to unfold. Seulgi was the calm before the storm. Always reliable, always there... until the day that she wasn't. Joohyun couldn't blame her, it was her fault after all.

When she notticed that her sister had more than platonic feelings to their common friend she started to avoid the girl at all costs. She figured that Irene would soon make it all clear to the girl, since she was always very confident, and soon they both would be a 'thing'. Irene was after all everyone´s dream girl. She had the looks and an amazing personality to go with it. Even their parents seen to preferred her – even though they denied profoundely.

She never got angry – not at her sister or at Seulgi – but she was anticipating the hurt that would follow in case both of them started dating. Since she wanted to be happy for them in case that scenario became true, she decided to step back for awhile.

At first, Seulgi started to ask if she had done something wrong and apologized profoundely, even if she didn´t know exactly why. Joohyun had told her that she was fine and only wanted to focus on her studies, but the other girl knew her too well. Joohyun could still see the look of hurt on the girl´s face. Seulgi soon realized that Joohyun didn´t want her around so, to make things easy, Seulgi stopped trying.

Getting out of her thoughts, Joohyun brought her focus back to the class. Miss Taeyeon gave her a conspiratory wink – as if to say I know you were with your head in the clouds – and asked the students about their inputs on the book they were reading. In the white board was written a passage of said book, and Joohyun understood immediately why Taeyeon wanted them to discussed it:

‘We want what we cannot have. It's normal, it's healthy.’

She would have laughed if part of it couldn't be closer from the truth.

 

 

After getting out of her class, Joohyun was surprised to find Yeri waiting for her by the entrance of the classroom´s door.

“What did you do?” Joohyun asked, frowing her forehead a little bit.

“Wow, unnie. Why do you always assume I´ve done something?” Yeri asked, making a good job of looking offended for a second.

Together, they started to walk in the direction of Joohyun´s next class.

“Because you usually do.”

“Well, maybe I just wanted to see my favourite unnie before lunch. You know, to not miss he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter